The Mobile Shop Employee Reviews

no good
Assistant Manager / Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON31 October 2017
bad management no recognition no moving up no help harassment. unstable work place, harassmentbad management no recognition no moving up no help harassment. ON feet all day, baad customers, bad co workers, harassing DM, people get fired everyday. Never acknowledge for work done always insulted
Awesome Team
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS19 October 2017
The Mobile Shop is an incredible company. It has it's customers needs at the forefront. Management are easy to work with as well..
Great place to work.
Great enviroment to work in.
Wireless Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK29 September 2017
Great enviroment to work in. Building customer relations and worling with phones all day is enjoyable. Overall I've enjoyed my time here at The Mobole Shop.
Pros
Hours, Pay, The people
Cons
Head office, benefits
No safety of work at all
Retail sales manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 September 2017
Gave my all in for a year. Provided excellent customer service without getting proper training.

Then one fine day even if you are a permanent employee you are getting terminated because of some mental person.
Pros
Employee discoun
Not good for long-term
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 August 2017
I worked at the mobile shop for several months, I liked the job overall, however, the management is horrible - you are constantly reminded that you are replaceable, sometimes there are too many sales associates per store so even if you are "full time" youll get 18-28 hours a week, even with commission it isn't enough to live off of. You are truly just a number to this company.
Pros
half off phone plans
Cons
management, culture
Most boring job ever.
Customer Service Rep/Insurance Rep (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 June 2017
The site I was at consisted of bugging local shoppers to take free PC Points and rarely doing activation's.

Hours were decent, pay was alright but you'll bore to death.
Pros
Decent pay, hours.
Cons
Boring, management was horrible.
bad workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ON17 May 2017
i did not like working at the mobile shop, i felt like i was set up for failure i was not trained fully i feel like i needed more training. I would not recommend working there
Pros
n/a
Cons
Not enough hours
Overall Good Experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON14 May 2017
good place to work, coworkers are great and selling is very easy because they really do offer the best choices to customers. Compensation structure is good (base+commission) and commission pays out well if you are making good on your sales targets (typically about half of your total earnings). Territory management is not good, not sure what these individuals get paid for because they never visit the retail locations, simply send out e-mail blasts every morning and afternoon. Overall f you are considering the industry, pick the Mobile Shop over and defined communications provider, customers will appreciate you more and you actually have the potential to make more.
Pros
Commision, reputation and coworkers
Cons
Smooth integration with other PC products
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON10 May 2017
Like any other other telecommunications sales position.
Advantages lie in the implementation of PC points as incentives to further sales through co-op selling.
Great
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON6 April 2017
great work place management at the time wasn't the greatest commission based work place. dealing with seven different carries benefits are good. have to deal with customer all day that means customer service is key and selling is to top it off by winning the clients.
Great Place for Students
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Great place for students
Flexible in hours
Great pay with commission
Great Employee Discount
Most stores are easily accessible using the TTC
Ability to move up
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Long Hours
Awesome first sales job
Mobile Expert/Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 February 2017
This is a perfect example of a starter sales job that will properly teach you all aspects of selling.On top of this the pay structure and bonus program is awesome.
Beware the worst job choice ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC21 February 2017
You are in a grocery store selling cell phones in a Real Canadian Superstore combined with a low level third party running the mobile shop.

Get out or stay away
Pros
You can do your Grocery shopping
Cons
Death by boredom, worst job culture you ever experience
Better when owned by Match Marketing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 February 2017
This was a great place to work when it was owned by match marketing then it changed hands and things became a bit more rocky. They were constantly hiring and firing people higher up so it was difficult to know who was your support person.
Fun environment and strong leadership
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
The Mobile Shop has a great culture and is a fun work environment, the leadership team was great to work with as well as my peers.
cutthroat job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 December 2016
job can vary manager to manager, all have different styles and approaches for employees, some promote lying, misinforming customers, glazing over and redirecting of customers. other can be quite good.
Pros
some great people there
Cons
pushing bad phones on people to meet carrier agreement
Waste of time
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 September 2016
The fact that you have to earn your benefits by selling a certain amount is bad enough but it doesn't end there.

Upper management only talks to store managers, not to the reps. As such, there is little accountability for the managers since the staff can't express problems or concerns.

Pay is poor at best.

I was hired as a full time rep but only got 20 - 25 hours for the last year there.

Since I left last year they have gone through more people as the manager is bad but not held accountable.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
I don't work there anymore
Cons
Poor commission, terrible ethics, awful management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 June 2016
I was hired as a lead advisor and it is by far the single worst job I have ever had in my life. No recognition for the reps. A sexist area manager. Just a terrible terrible environment to work for. Wish I had listened to the reviews on here and reviews of friends. The exclusion and anxiety you feel working somewhere like this is awful. I would never recommend anyone work for the Mobile Shop ever.
Pros
Cons
Area manager, no job security, no recognition
Mobile Kiosk
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 April 2016
The Mobile Shops are located all through Canada in the Super Stores and Loblaw locations. The support you receive from management helped me a great deal. About 3 years ago I decided to transfer from Ontario to Alberta and with Mobile Shops help it was breeze. When they have talented employees they will do whatever they have to keep them and accommodate you the best way they can. I cant thank them enough for everything they did for me int he past years that I was employed there!
Does pay well
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 November 2015
The mobile shop does not pay enough money, there is no job culture. Managment does not communicate with Sales staff. they are only in touch with managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Mobile Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9