The Mobile Shop Employee Reviews

Beware the worst job choice ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC21 February 2017
You are in a grocery store selling cell phones in a Real Canadian Superstore combined with a low level third party running the mobile shop.

Get out or stay away
Pros
You can do your Grocery shopping
Cons
Death by boredom, worst job culture you ever experience
Better when owned by Match Marketing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 February 2017
This was a great place to work when it was owned by match marketing then it changed hands and things became a bit more rocky. They were constantly hiring and firing people higher up so it was difficult to know who was your support person.
Fun environment and strong leadership
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
The Mobile Shop has a great culture and is a fun work environment, the leadership team was great to work with as well as my peers.
cutthroat job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 December 2016
job can vary manager to manager, all have different styles and approaches for employees, some promote lying, misinforming customers, glazing over and redirecting of customers. other can be quite good.
Pros
some great people there
Cons
pushing bad phones on people to meet carrier agreement
Waste of time
Mobile Expert (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON23 September 2016
The fact that you have to earn your benefits by selling a certain amount is bad enough but it doesn't end there.

Upper management only talks to store managers, not to the reps. As such, there is little accountability for the managers since the staff can't express problems or concerns.

Pay is poor at best.

I was hired as a full time rep but only got 20 - 25 hours for the last year there.

Since I left last year they have gone through more people as the manager is bad but not held accountable.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
I don't work there anymore
Cons
Poor commission, terrible ethics, awful management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 June 2016
I was hired as a lead advisor and it is by far the single worst job I have ever had in my life. No recognition for the reps. A sexist area manager. Just a terrible terrible environment to work for. Wish I had listened to the reviews on here and reviews of friends. The exclusion and anxiety you feel working somewhere like this is awful. I would never recommend anyone work for the Mobile Shop ever.
Pros
Cons
Area manager, no job security, no recognition
Mobile Kiosk
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 April 2016
The Mobile Shops are located all through Canada in the Super Stores and Loblaw locations. The support you receive from management helped me a great deal. About 3 years ago I decided to transfer from Ontario to Alberta and with Mobile Shops help it was breeze. When they have talented employees they will do whatever they have to keep them and accommodate you the best way they can. I cant thank them enough for everything they did for me int he past years that I was employed there!
Does pay well
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 November 2015
The mobile shop does not pay enough money, there is no job culture. Managment does not communicate with Sales staff. they are only in touch with managers
Being a Mobile Advisor
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 November 2015
Some people aren't comfortable with the environment at first due to the fact that not everyone is able to intercept with customers. People are afraid of what the people might say or make the mistake of giving wrong information. I learned that people will walk in just to try and ruin your day. The hardest part of the job would have to be getting a customer to sign up for a phone and keep the service. The enjoyable part would have to be when you sell. Co-workers are great, had no problem getting along with them.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Dead days (no sales)
Glad I left
Mobile advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver24 October 2015
Not very happy. Glad I left. Management was horrible. Lack of training. The upper management play favouritism game. Commissions were low compared to other companies. My suggestion get out while you can. So many companies out there who would treat you and pay you better for the amount of effort you put in. Standing for long periods of time. Only one half hour break in a 8 hour shift . Very low standard job.
Pros
When it was time to go home
Phone sales
Training Prime (Former Employee) –  Bradford27 August 2015
The company has a lot to learn and need to work out their commission system or increase their base for management. They have trouble keeping staff because the environment can be very boring and not all locations work with you. They have limited inventory and need to put bonuses to better use.
head office and upper management garbage
Kiosk Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON25 August 2015
waste of time asking for support from upper management.

all a favouritism game...

wish i didn't put so much time and effort into this place
Pros
management rallys
Cons
everything else
Mobile Expert (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 July 2015
The process to get hired ensured that every employee was the best of the best. It showed in the type of people who worked there. Nearly every coworker has become a friend. Every day is fun.
Poor management, very miserable
Mobile Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2015
One of the most miserable places I have worked for. Whenever we had an issue we were told that we couldn't contact HR and we just had to "deal with it". Cut away all of our hours until they just hired someone else to take the hours. My manager admitted to me that they had no reason to fire me but they were cutting my hours in the hopes I would quit. Would never recommend!
Pros
Discount on cell phone plans
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 July 2015
Great place to work we sold all the mobile carriers in the area, loved the sales, customers and the products and plans we had.
Horrible Company reflects poorly for Loblaws
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario19 May 2015
You give everything you have to work hard for a company and it just gets thrown back in your face. There is zero appreciation for what you do, unless you're a few specific people.

Head office are so two faced and will slice and dice you the first moment they get.

Don't ever try to have an opinion or voice concern because it will bite you in the end.

Horrible pay, horrible position of kiosk and in line stores, very high turnover for all positions except the two faced liars in head office.

I've worked for many cellular carriers and this was by far the worst career decision I ever made. It will not help to grow your management or career development. Thankfully I've come out on top and the company knows it.
Pros
leaving!
Overall enjoyable job (depending on the store)
Wireless Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 April 2015
A day at work would consist of cash in the till.
Catch up on emails.
Update pricing sheet and pricing cards.
Begin brand awareness among Loblaws shoppers.

I learned that The Mobile Shop is not as pushy as other wireless banners.
Kiosk management is sub par, depending who you're working with.
(new or experienced)

Co workers are fun to be around (at the most part)
Majority of the time is spent working alone (depending on the store)

The hardest part of the job is the brand awareness. Mingling with customers who "have other things to do". I understand.. they're in Loblaws to get their groceries. Bridging the connection between Loblaws for groceries and Loblaws for cellphones can be challenging.

The most enjoyable part of the job is presenting and being exposed to the latest gadgets.

Overall, it was a great experience.
Pros
Presenting the latest and greatest devices and gadgets.
Cons
Long hours. Traffic in Loblaws can be slow at times.
The Mobile Shop
Mobile Advisor (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB21 February 2015
Good place to work, good people, poor management but commission is good, love working with customer service and the environment is good
Productive and fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Ontario13 February 2015
The Mobile Shop is a fairly new company that was attempting to change the way people buy wireless. It's new and innovative concept of approaching grocery store clients has really been a change in direction for the cell phone industry. I enjoy this job because it gives people that are in sales a different approach than in a mall setting where people know they are being targeted by hungry commission sales reps.
Pros
Work with great people
Cons
Business is not where it needs to be at this time
easy daily tasks
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 February 2015
most days are slow going, the store had a poorly chosen location so some days there would be no customers at all, on busier days there would only be 3 or 4 customers

2.7