THE MILLENNIUM GROUP Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
They will steal your time while they make the big bucks
Offices Services Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 21, 2015
Pros: free food at some locations via the client's meetings
Cons: poor management, blind management, hostile work environment, low pay, likely not to get paid overtime, favoritism, dead end
I started as a mail clerk back in 2013 in BNY 101 Barclay. TMG don't deserve the management that work there. They soon realized my potential and moved me to 200 park.
They don't care how good you are, you are stuck on the same and that's should be your spot for the next 5-20 years because they have a good friend that is old enough to retire and don't want to retire. Instead of preparing you for the future, they try to find a way to get rid of you quick before you realize that they wont give you a raise. Don't even dream of management under these circumstances. Hostile work environment, fight to get paid the overtime they promised you they would pay, they ignore your efforts. Don't even try to complaint against a manager, they see you as an expendable piece, you are nothing and you can easily be replaced.
A huge problem with TMG is the fact that is an outsource company that in most cases decide to keep some employees of the former administration that mostly see you as an invader, they cause hostility and see you as the reason why their friends were terminated and their wages lowered.
I worked at TMG as a mail clerk making 10.00 they soon moved me to a new spot that was higher paying (11.00/hr) but I got stuck on that same salary ever since, I never got a raise, never got any motivation, I grew sour until finally terminating relationships with TMG.

Tipical Work day
101 Barclay: Started shift at 8:00AM would receive the mail together with another 7 (back then) mail clerks, sort the mail depending to which location they were going, then sort those going to 101 barclay then – more... distribute it. Really that was the normal routine 3 times a day except for some special cases where some departments had a big day and needed a pick up at their mailbox, and obviously the entire crew talking.

200 Park
I was moved here 6 months since I started working for TMG. My position was the closer, I would set up the day for the morning crew. There were 3 starting hours 7AM 8Am and my spot 9AM-6PM A typical day would involve setting up meetings with drinks and anything else they requested like whiteboards, etc. Walk around the floor making sure everything is in order and that the kitchens were well supplied, checking the inventory for reorder, supplying the kitchens as needed, collecting recyclables, collecting bins for shredding, and in my case printing out the schedule for the meetings of the next day for the morning crew.

If you are thinking working here, it's easy to get in, however, you should keep in mind that this is a temporary position to make money while you look for something else. – less
The Worst Company I Ever Worked For!
Mail Clerk (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
Pros: steady paycheck
Cons: time off, benefits, overworked, underpaid, managment
Working for TMG destroyed both my professional and personal lives.

The managers do not care about their employees and their benefits are not the greatest. I was first assigned to a prison environment where I was treated like an animal and was overworked and underpaid. Then when I reassigned to work with younger employees who act like a bunch of children and I was recently reassigned to a third site where I was overworked and underpaid.

The Millennium Group's Human Resources is not the greatest either. They made me wait 4 weeks before I was officially hired, 9 months before I started receiving benefits and 7 months before actually getting a raise and retroactive which may never show up. Having just 5 vacation days and 3 sick days does not allow me any real vacation time and had to use most of my time battling to save my apartment, which I had to leave in 2014 because I was underpaid and fell behind on rent and bills. I also saw my personal life and relationship with friends and family become destroyed because you can't survive on the low pay, non-caring work environment and how people take advantage of people.

I almost became homeless and was forced to move to someone else's house, just to start over and yet management does not care about it's employees. I sometimes feel like I am their slave. Come on. It is a steady paycheck. But if you are going to someone a lot of responsibilities, pay them properly!

The Millennium Group must have known how desperate I was to return to work and so, they hired me. I give them credit for that. Other than that, I am very unhappy with my time – more... there because there is no growth, no opportunity to advance and my years of experience are all a big joke to them! – less
A short term job outlook
SSR (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJanuary 14, 2013
As an SSR with the company, the pay was decent considering the work was fairly simple. The complexities come in where the job demands a level of accuracy that few employees can deliver. I did not know anyone there that was not written up for some reason or another. This led me to believe they structure their work environment around fear as a method of getting effective manpower resource. The high level management that visits thinks of the employee base at the lower worker level to be the equivalent of urine specimens, as they periodically drop in to check us and rarely deliver good news. Promotions were given to "favored" individuals that were close to the middle management instead of the most seasoned SSR. This led us to having an inexperienced manager that was no better than an untrained SSR that could not preform any task within the first 5 months of her promotion. (Basically, she could not answer any complex questions related to procedure due to her not knowing it, yet she still managed to receive that position.) What I eventually learned overall after my first 2 months working for this company was that their insanely high turnover was due to the accuracy rate of 95% required to continue working there. This created enormous conflict and eventually the resignation or termination of numerous employees. In short, if you choose to work here; be very keen to listen to the interview and make sure you can do what they are asking you to do. If they are vague, (like they were with my interview) prod them for clarification, you deserve to know these details; they don't want to tell – more... you most of them until you are employed because they think you will run for the hills, which most do anyway after 1 month of employment. – less
One of the worst experiences of my career
Rather not say (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 25, 2014
Senior management will lie to your face while smiling and sticking you. An HR department that is probably the worst I have ever dealt with at any level. It amazed me everyday how clueless these people were. Staff work hard everyday, are promised raises and four months after management swore up and down that a raise was coming in a few weeks, FOUR months later nothing. I couldnt get out of there faster. My direct boss was a great guy, tried hard, but when management is clueless about employee morale or just doesnt care, it is a lose for everyone. I would warn everyone to skip over any job posting for this third rate company. I only gave them one star because you are forced to choose one. I would have given no stars if possible. Probably the worst job I ever had in my life. Hated it every day. I am at a loss as to how any company could treat their employees this badly. Sad. Thats all I can say. Run. Run fast from this motley crew.
Dead end job with nowhere to go but down!
Claims Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Novato, CAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: it's a job if you need one
Cons: it's only a job if you need one
*Ridiculous low pay by this office support contractor
*1 week vacation for the first 5 years, 3 days sick leave total
*Little to no room for advancement (some employees grandfathered in with much better package)
*No avenue for new hires to EVER be rewarded with package of grandfathered in employees
*This creates a environment of haves/have nots , leading to dysfunction and people feeling under valued
*Single vision approach...cheaper,cheaper,cheaper
*Communication from management inconsistent and demeaning
*Obsession with tracking numbers to validate their existence
*End of year review and reward hard to understand. You could get a 5 star review and a raise that didn't come close to your value
*Each year with cost of living you fall further behind

This company's sole purpose is to come in and replace full time parent company employees with a far less qualified and compensated employee. Unfortunately this is the role of "contractor"
in our workplace today. When everything becomes about the cost and not the value, everyone loses.
Excellent opportunity to learn new things about insurance industry.
Support Services Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Free holiday lunch, and occasional fun team building activities.
Cons: Medical benefits were not good, and minimal vacation/sick days provided.
I worked for The Millennium Group for their client, Fireman's Fund Insurance Company, in Dallas TX. I enjoyed providing support, customer service, to Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants. It was rewarding work processing excellent new business submissions for the CSR to rate and UW to quote, while gaining a reputation for providing excellent quality work. I also made changes to existing policies, and performed other post issuance tasks, and I appreciated the variety of work. This position involved heavy data entry, of which I am proficient, and I was able to utilize my Microsoft Office computer experience.

Please note that my rating at the top of this page, for the most part, reflects the location/office where I worked in Dallas. As far as the company as a whole, I have not worked for them in any other locations, and have no other experiences to compare this experience to.
Honestly TERRIBLE!
Office Services (Former Employee), Ofallon, moMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free gym, scheduled breaks, cafeteria
Cons: all the people, lack of knowledge
When I returned from lunch on my first day everyone was surprised I had returned. They said most people walk out on their first day. I thought they were just over exaggerating but after sticking it out a while, I realized how miserable all of us were. My manager was the most negative ignorant SOB I've ever met! Complained about everything he had to do even tho it was his job. The job itself isn't too bad. No training, no direction at all, no one seems to be on the same page. Different answers from all management and not one of them the correct answer. Not organized, not nice people, not enough pay. They do have a free gym....so I've heard.....no one ever showed me around anywhere. Cafeteria food is expensive, but convinent and good. There are 3 different shifts so they do try to make it work for you. Best part was at the end of the day, no part of the job went home with me.
Easy tasks, not much work, equipment helps with a lot, etc.
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLOctober 21, 2015
Pros: easy work, get a work out, equipment helps
Cons: Lazy manager
I come in and i clock in, i check the building on all floors to see if they need paper. If they do then i stock it from the storage closet pushing 6 boxes at a time (each box of paper weighs 50 lbs) to fill the designated areas up with paper and then i collect all the empty boxes for employees who need them or i break them down to put them with recycling. I sort, distribute, and collect mail from all outlets (UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.) i sign packages out to employees and put them into the system, i email persons that packages arrived for. I send out a pouch with classified information and checks/bonds, i get the tracking number and email to all the big bosses after i seal it up and lock then send it through UPS. i get boxes and envelopes for people sending out packages who dont have that available to them. At the end of the day the packages that weren't picked up by employees i lock them up until the next day so no one can steal them or misplace them.
The Worst!
Mailroom Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: i cannot think of any.
Cons: low pay, awful benefits, negative working conditions, management is a joke.
A typical day at work is waiting for the Fed Ex and UPS staff to deliver packages, which are logged in. Boring most of the day sitting around waiting for people to pick up packages. We also stocked supplies and paper. Once again, boring. I learned not to ever call director's or executives, this is why they have ea's. The ea's are the pits, they lie on you to keep their noses clean. They also have a false sense of authority. Everyone knows they are an "assistant" and that is it. Co-workers constantly make mistakes and everyone passes the ball. Most enjoyable part of the day was hearing how the manager was going to take us to lunch for doing such a good job, as he promised. We all knew this was never going to happen.
DO NOT TAKE A JOB WITH THIS COMPANY
SSR (Former Employee), CaliforniaMarch 26, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This company is by far the worst place I have ever worked. The management brain washes the "Team Leads" and everyone is irrational. Trying to so much as explain yourself is impossible.. They will "prove you wrong." I would never even let an enemy work here.. I know and understand that the economy is rough and it is hard to find a job. Trust me when I say it is not worth the hassle. Working for this company was by far the worst idea I have ever had. The Millennium Group runs things illegal. I am currently speaking to a lawyer to resolve my issues. And no I am not the only one at the office that is dealing with it.. Put it this way, I quit without even having another job because I was tired of being made out to be in the wrong when in reality TMG was always wrong... SEE YOU IN COURT!
An Excellent Company To Hone My Management Skills.
Site Supervisor/Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Tinton Falls, NJApril 25, 2014
Supervised 8+ staff; i.e., evaluations, training, staff meetings, timesheets, disciplinary actions
Implemented new shipping and administrative procedures that supported 300+ employees
Responsible for shipping and mailings internationally and domestic which included packages, insurable items/goods, etc.
Handled Bills of Lading, certified mail, packing slips
Interacted with UPS, FedEX, United States Post Office, all levels of management while on-site at various clients
Coordinated on location mail operations for high-profile clients and businesses
Managed on-site office relocations ensuring smooth transition and quick set-up for efficient working conditions
Created spreadsheets in Excel for invoicing purposes and monthly mailroom reports monitoring production, new products, and inspections
disfunctional workplace and upper management
Copy Center Lead (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: opportunity to be creative and help provide assist clients w/projects
Cons: no structure very unorganized
A typical day at work is chaotic, starts with checking emails and completing jobs that come in through email, with very strict print on demand deadlines an rush jobs while assisting clients who walk into the copy center.
management Is very isolated from the copy center and co-workers, poor communication, not proactive in problem solving.
Co- workers are not team oriented, very distractive, not motivated and divided.
Most enjoying part of my job is that I have creative freedom.
The hardest part of mu job is responding copier issues with they need servicing and are not working.
Terrible Place To Work
Service Support Representative (Current Employee), O'Fallon, MOFebruary 27, 2015
Cons: everything
The only thing they care about is how much work they can get out of you. They set you up to fail by providing poor training and high expectations. The health insurance is poor, but better than nothing at all. HR is extremely slow in responding to any questions or issues you have. They only allow 3 sick days a year, which is very unreasonable, and when you use them up, you have to use your vacation days if you need to take time off for doctor or dentist visits. Speaking of vacation days - you have to work there 6 years before you can get 2 weeks. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.
don't do it
clerk (Former Employee), Times Square, NYJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: if your just starting out and need a job
Cons: health care will put you out of your home, vacation time is the worst
This company is only good if you are just starting in the work force for the first time! The pay isn't good. the Vacation time is only 5 days for the whole year. what can you do with that which is nothing! it took two years to get a raise and it wasn't even worth it. health coverage is very expensive. no room for growth or anything. Operating manager doesn't explain anything to you till after the fact.co-workers are childish, site managers are secretive and don't share when there is a new position available.
Offered False Promises. Management is Deceptive & misleading
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2015
Pros: small staff, small department, small unit
Cons: Managers lack peoples skills, No Professional Development for the staff
This must be the worst Outsourcing company in NYC.

No growth. No Help or assistance to transfer or move to other sites to better myself. They have very low wages. They lied to me for 3 years. Promising raises and upward mobility. I stayed thinking and hoping something wonderful was going to happen. Same Salary same position. They just use you.
MOST HORRIBLE AGENCY
CONFERENCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), NEW YORK, NYMay 1, 2013
MANAGEMENT LEARLY CARES ONLY FOR THERE CLIENTS AND PAY NO ATTENTION TO THERE EMPLOYEES. THE EMPLOYEES ARE THE ONES THAT DO EVERYTHING AND KEEP THE CLIENTS HAPPY YET THEY ARE UNDER PAID AND OVER LOOKED BY BOTH CLIENTS AND MILLENNIUM GROUP. THE MANAGER ESPECIALLY WHO IS PHONEY TO BEGIN WITH ONLY CARES ABOUT HIM SELF. PLEASE WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T ACCEPT THERE JOB EVEN IF ITS THE LAST JOB ON EARTH YOU BETTER OF PAN HANDEL ON THE STREETS OF NYC YOU WOULD MAKE MORE MONEY...NO JOKE!
I thought is was a Great Place
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJDecember 10, 2014
Cons: they're greedy// no loyalty
I gave this company 4 years of no write ups, no complaints against me.

This Company has me Jobless, presently 5 months,
With out a Reason.

Unfortunately 95 percent of the workforce is (AT WILL EMPLOYEES) this means your company can fire you for any reason or no reason. But I believe it was because they average mailroom clerk makes from 9 to 11 dollars an hour. I was at 17 dollars an hour.
Do the math!!
Productive, Managing Receptionist and Mail Services
Administrative Service Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great pay/benefits
Cons: poor training/commute to job
Ensure that Receptionist and Mail Services are maintaining job expection while performing great customer services. Learning the process of mail services for companies. Minimum management guidance. Didn't deal with co-workers at this level. Hardest part of job was the communication and training coming from management level. Enjoyable part of the job with the excitement from the staff and being able to work with great people that loved you as a manager.
I worked at a company called Hoectst Corp in Somerset .NJ
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Edison, NJNovember 16, 2013
Pros: supervised a group of five young people out of school getting to know them was great.
Cons: full benefits
Maintained and stored records for clients and serviced the Lanier 7365 and 6755 copiers. After two years got promoted to Mail room Supervisor. The growth in the job was the most enjoyable thing to me and it was nothing hard about it.
Not a very pleasant workplace now
Office Services Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2012
Pros: good pay for when you are going to school
Cons: too many rules and bosses, plus no raises what so ever
I worked at the location where I am at now for almost 5 years.
The manager and "supervisor" are very lousy.
I won't recommend working here for a career. If you want to advance I would head back to school for something else.