The Marco Corporation is a promotional solutions provider. We help companies successfully execute strategic promotional programs with a complete list of fulfilment, merchandising travel, logistics and technology services. A family owned business since 1973, The Marco Corporation offers a personalized approach with large-scale capacity.
Accountable to the Vice President, Finance and Operations
Overall responsibility of this hands-on position is to guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures; coaching, mentoring and counseling staff; overseeing the functions of the Accounting Department; preparing reports; protecting assets and operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Post Secondary education and accounting designation
- 3 to 5 years related experience
- Organization, communication, and multi-task skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in computer skills including Microsoft Outlook (e-mail), Excel, Word
CMA designation or working towards.
1. Oversee accounting functions such as AP, AR, Invoicing, etc. Supervise staff of approximately 6 people.
2. Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
3. Continuous review and monitoring of current processes in order to gain efficiencies in all areas.
4. Build cross functional relationships in order to improve current processes and procedures.
5. Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
6. Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits, providing information to external auditors.
7. Maximize return and limit risk on cash by maximizing cash flow, making investments.
8. Prepare budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analysing and consolidating financial data, recommending plans.
9. Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, initiating corrective actions.
10. Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
11. Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data. Prepare and review financial statements by the 25th day of the following month and verify accuracy of information.
12. Prepare special reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends.
13. Attend meetings and provide guidance on new client programs as required.
14. Comply with federal, provincial and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, advising management on needed actions.
15. Maintain Finance Department staff job results by coaching, counselling and mentoring; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
16. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
17. Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, all other applicable laws and regulations and all established Company policies and procedures.
18. Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
19. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
20. Promotes a positive team spirit within the department and the workplace.
21. Strive to create and contribute to a pleasant work environment by treating all levels of Marco staff, suppliers and clients with respect and cooperation.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. Familiarize him/herself with the Company safety policy and manual and strictly follow the policy and procedures set out therein.
2. Work in a manner that will not endanger him/herself or others.
3. Conducts workplace inspections.
4. Conducts information sessions, safety talks, staff meetings, etc
5. Conducts incident investigations
6. Conducts worker training and provides job instruction
7. Conducts job hazard analysis as required
8. Observes workers to ensure job is performed safety and takes corrective action for substandard acts or conditions
9. Commends and recognizes worker safety performance.
10. Comply with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all other applicable laws and regulations.
11. Immediately report to the Supervisor/Manager all accidents whether or not they result in personal injury or property damage.
12. Immediately report to the Supervisor/Manager all hazards (unsafe conditions/unsafe acts) upon discovery.
13. Assist new employees in recognizing job hazards and following required procedures.
14. Comply and participate with the requirements of the Early and Safe Return to Work program.
15. Responsible to ensure compliance regarding all supervisory responsibilities as identified in Section 27 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Duties are performed in an office environment.
Ability to perform the above functions within identified time lines.
Represent The Marco Corporation in a professional manner at all times.
Promotes, practices and complies with all established Environmental, Health and Safety and Company policies and procedures.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
Be sure to submit your resume, cover letter AND salary expectations in the application.