THE MAIDS Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Demanding on the Body, need to have good team building Skills.
Cleaning/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: uniform provided, breakfast provided
Cons: Weak Management, Poor teem efforts, Taxing on the body, Poor Uniforms(not chosen with greatest intentions)
Work in a team of four, you do general cleaning of homes from dusting and sweeping to deep cleaning of bathrooms and kitchens.

The big deal with this job is communication between your peers and Management a happy co worker makes this job easy but an unhappy co worker makes it uncomfortable and taxing on you.

The hardest part of this job is maintaining a professional composure with difficult customers.

The good thing about this job is it keeps you active because you are constantly moving.

You do learn new and effective, safe ways of cleaning without the use of harsh chemicals.
Only issue was a supervisor who seemed to have an untreated mood disorder
Team Member (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMay 4, 2015
Pros: See review.
Cons: Unfortunate personality/mood disorder of 1 of the supervisors. If you have a driver's license, you're probably going to waitress or something higher paying.
My time @ the Maids was just fine; no complaints whatsoever. Transit accessible. Paid training. Paid on time. Management paid for fuel. No issues w/ my pay cheque. Varied start times & end times, which is just fine, but all between 7am & 5pm, as advertised. Now, they don't pay as much as other cleaning companies. But the manager is still fair in all other aspects, & I'm guessing it's because they have different income allotment/allocation &/or business model? The manager provides you with instant oatmeal packets/microwave (bring your own container), Halloween-sized bags of chips, & bottled water. I always brought my own meals, though. & employees are free to eat in the car in between cleans. They also have an electronic kettle to make your own beverage. There was sometimes extra time in between cleans to go to get some food or go to the Pharmacy or Bank, which was neat. But the manager usually lined everything up so that wouldn't happen. & We usually cleaned houses close to each other for efficiency's sake. But a break every now & then was just fine. & I'd say maybe 1 in 20 cleans tipped - very rare. But that's just fine. & there's no pressure to stay. If you find work elsewhere, you're free to leave. & you can come back @ any time.

The driver usually doesn't have time to eat on the road while we're travelling to back-to-back cleans, naturally. So, they can have a quick snack while the other people are loading up the car; very fair, I thought.

In my experience, the co-workers were respectful of non-smokers, & they refrained from using recreational drugs on company time, – more... etc. Self-discipline - I dig it!

...Except 1 of the supervisors had some difficulty with life, it seemed. Not towards me whatsoever, but towards some others; not to the customers, either, & wasn't nasty in the presence of customers. But the language when we cleaned an empty house - very unfortunate. It was very disappointing to see in terms of humanity & all that. & it doesn't speak anything about the company/manager whatsoever, mind you. I don't think management knew, & I didn't want to get involved. Undiagnosed/unmedicated mood disorders can be found everywhere, too. I hope she gets some help, & I hope the people she wasn't very nice to are doing alright & know medical issues in no way reflect who they are as a person. Mood disorders real & don't have to affect your life so negatively. Help is out there! Start by seeing your local walk in clinic gp/family dr to get a referral to a Psychiatrist. There is no shame! – less
Great Place to work at
Maid Supervisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 21, 2014
The maids is a fun great place to work at, and the management is wonderful
Overall very friendly and team work
Cleaner (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: travelling
Travel to clients home, jobs rotated through out the day as to different areas to clean.
We learned to work as a team.
My co workers were hard working and friendly
Hardest part of this job was the travelling, we spent alot of time in vehicle

Meeting and conversing with the clients