The Lowe Martin Group Employee Reviews

tres agreable mais physiquement demandant
Assembleur/Emballeur (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2017
Assemblage de document et aider les livreurs a delivrer les produits.
Promising Company
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 May 2017
This company has survived for over 100 years so they are doing something right. I loved working there but there is too much gap between employee - management relations.
Pros
Professional environment overall
Cons
"deaf-ear" syndrome in some management.
Horrible place to work
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2017
Management has no clue what they're doing. Constant back stabbing and hardly any training. They will blame you for everything to hide their own failures. In the summer you will die from heat exhaustion.
Pros
Cons
slave work
Fast faced, multi tasking
Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 September 2016
Love working in fast paced environment. Always on the go and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Worked great in team or on my own. Always willing to learn new things. My co-workers are amazing and always get along great. My supervisor is great at motivating us all. The hardest part of the job is always wanting to do better. Most enjoyable would be the environment in general.
Pros
Great people, understanding
Cons
No raise in 5 years
Fun workplace but needs improvement when it comes to dealing with the employees.
Bindery Worker (Current Employee) –  2340 St. Laurent Blvd.3 September 2016
The management must see the value of their employees and give them more advancement and raises. Employees are always complaining about the wages, the management must see the worth of each employees and not just the operators of the machine but also the helpers who work harder than the operators. Employees are nice and fun to work with.
Pros
Free breaks when employees want to.
Cons
Not fair for those who works harder.
Good place of work, but needs better morale
Prepress (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 April 2016
My supervisor, and my department in general were absolute lovely people. The work was fun and engaging and there were always new tools and ideas being implimented.

Even though I went into the position full of positivity, I found some of the people I was around were very unhappy with their work experience and the company culture. After some time, that effected my own morale. Some people think that upper management truly doesn't care for them, and that sours the atmosphere. There's also a lot of complaining whenever a new change is initiated. People fear for their jobs. This makes sense, as print grows, it reduces the amount of labour needed (think old fashioned farming to modern farming), and people fear being made obsolete.
Pros
the people, my direct manager
Cons
morale
It will be nice if we can have time to do something
SHIPPER / RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2016
People are ok, Manager ok, expecting too much for the employees
Salary too low, a lot of responsibility. Too far for me.
A normal day at work, receive the products put into the system, check the inventory, make sure the production department have material to work.
Productive, Pro-Active
Senior Machine Operator / Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2015
Productive company with continuous improvement at the forefront.
Always upgrading its line of business to suit the customers needs in this competitive market.
Excellent culture based around awesome customer service
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 July 2015
Enjoyable workplace with lots of growth and opportunities. Experience gained at this organization provided me a solid foundation of skills to start a career.
Stay away from place,absolutely chaotic and unorganized!,
Press operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga23 May 2015
Managed by a group of paranoid no talent managers who spend most of the time making negative files on their employees because they have NO clue how too manage,Too bad because this is a good company.
Extremely cut throat atmosphere and HUGE back stabbing .
Pros
Cons
Too many to write here
never anything for the afternoon shift
RYOBl Perfector Printing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 April 2015
although you work your schedule and never miss a day of work it always felt like they were scheming to replace you after you were working there for awhile,I was always doing what they ask me to do.
Pros
Call you at home when you were not needed for the day
Cons
minus pay on your paycheck
Great Workplace
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 June 2014
Good but must be cautious as dangerous workplace environment (heavy objects, machines, ear plugs, safety boots, pump trucks, chemicals). Although friendly staff, hard long hours (6AM - 7PM shift) with short breaks but short weeks (MON - WEDNESDAY) and good benefits. Overall good experience but too stagnant and repetitive to do over long period of time.
Pros
Repetitive easy work, good pay and benefits, friendly workforce
Cons
Extremely long hours, short breaks, heavy workload, hot tiresome workplace
poor communication with employees, treats workers like robots
Collater and Machine operator helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2013
I did not feel respected as a human being while i worked at Lowe-Martin. The managers would not communicate with you directly or clearly about what was expected of you most of the time, and treated you badly if there was nothing to do but sweep the floor. Their punch clock system took about a week to memorise how to use properly, and I never felt like I knew exactly if I had punched in properly because there were so many job codes and no explanation as to what to do if a job was finished and you came back from break.
Pros
clean lunch room, with catering
Cons
expected to work overtime, excessively complex punch clock
Printing Production
Digital Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 August 2012
-Start up machines
-Collect work orders for the day
-Set up machines to printing the files needed to complete for work orders.
-House Clean
-Maintain machines, if not working call in service calls.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
slow at times - makes for a long day