Summary of Responsibilities:
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, align, dismantle and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and grinders to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Construct foundations for machinery or direct other workers to construct foundations
- Facility and base building (chillers, HVAC, house air etc) trouble shooting, repair and maintenance.
- Escort, coordinate and supervise contractors on site.
- Maintain parts inventory and requisition parts as required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Industrial Mechanic in the Manufacturing industry or equivalent experience in the Printing and Finishing industry.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment as an individual and as a team member
- Customer Service oriented
- Motivated and flexible
- Skilled in root cause analysis and trouble techniques of equipment problems
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Able to communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical issues
- Ability to work at heights up to 40 feet using Scissor-lifts and ladders
- Minimum of High School/Secondary education
- Excellent knowledge of equipment and processes within scope of job. Certified in use of all required equipment
- General knowledge of blueprint reading and electrical schematics
- Working knowledge of lathe, milling machine, grinder and hand tools
- Working knowledge of welding
Indeed - 30+ days ago
The Lowe-Martin Group re-invents the boundaries of traditional communications to offer you a wide variety of progressive industry leading...