The Little Potato Company
~ Potatoes with Personality!
For over 16 years, The Little Potato Company has worked to build a solid reputation as an industry leader. As the only organization in Canada that specializes in growing, packaging and selling small potatoes, we have the precise combination of knowledge and experience that customers look for when they select a quality product. At The Little Potato Company we foster a healthy, safe and fun work environment; where celebrating our employees and successes includes bbq's, pizza parties, dunk tanks and cotton candy! We believe our employees are as unique and wonderful as our potatoes!
Recipient of Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in Canada for 2012
The responsibility of a receiver is to receive, ship, store, and record the movement of products, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from the production plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily inventory count, report, and reconcile of raw & finished product in coolers 1 & 2 with WIS.
- Organization and housekeeping of cooler 1 & 2. Maintain order and rotation of aged inventory and partial palettes.
- Ensure fast and accurate load & offload and receiving to minimize wait times and product temperature abuse.
- Receives packaging material, general supplies, various types of chemicals, (includes damaged goods, incorrect packaging, spoilage or incorrect order assembly).
- Ensures all raw products are received correctly and safely by inspecting and counting the items and checking them against packing slips or other documents.
- Follows instruction from the Plant Supervisor who will determine the priority of orders.
- Organization of bins, tote bags, and pallets outside and in the receiving area.
- Notifies the Production Supervisor/Manager about shortages of raw products, supplies in the cooler for orders to be assembled and shipped, inaccurate shipments and improper shipment documentation.
- Record items received and the location where they’re stored and ensure all paperwork is placed in the appropriate pick up slot in the plant office.
- Confirms and adheres to all established company policies and procedures and government legislations pertaining to transportation of dangerous goods and occupational health and safety.
- Other duties as required.
Forklift experience is preferred
- Successful completion of grade 10. Preference will be given to those with a high school diploma.
- Basic English language skills.
- Able to lift up to 25kg of goods repeatedly.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Can work in a team setting.
Night shift is Sunday - Thursday 10:00pm- 6:30am