- Supervise the shipping/receiving crew in all aspects of the business.
- Daily inventory count and reconciliation of raw & finished product in coolers 1 & 2 with WIS and Famous.
- Organization of cooler 1 & 2, maintaining order and rotation of aged inventory and partial pallets.
- Ensure fast and accurate load & offload and receiving to minimize wait times and product temperature abuse.
- Daily inventory reconciliation in cooler 1 & 2, ensuring FIFO is being followed, unless directed otherwise.
- Packaging, boxes and supplies inventory, final complete at end of week, monthly complete day after month end, yearly complete day after year end. Designated, regular and properly trained staff to reliably and accurately perform these duties.
- Managing shippers and receivers to ensure timely and accurate offload and shipment of all goods received and shipped thru LPC.
- Signing for and verifying incoming supplies and raw materials. Saving and compiling all packing slips, BOL’s and other relevant material.
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments and compile records of unfilled orders in Excel spreadsheets.
- Assist workers in shipping and receiving activities.
- Monitor employee performance and provide correction/training as needed.
- Review all paperwork/processes for accuracy and coordinate timely outbound deliveries/inbound receipts with clerical team, customer service, and transportation as needed.
- Supervise crew schedules, timekeeping for all workers and monitor throughput per shift.
- Maintain general oversight of building conditions with particular attention paid to cleanliness, product storage, safety concerns, product damage prevention and internal security concerns.
- Manage through floor presence, group interaction and analysis of production data with pre-determined productivity expectations.
- Implement and actively ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and Health & Safety legislative requirements.
- Strive for continuous improvement, make recommendations and encourage employee feedback and suggestions.
- Maintain forklift maintenance report.
- Relieve purchasing coordinator when required.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the manager.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in a distribution or manufacturing work environment.
- Strong interpersonal, decision-making, computer and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Background in lean manufacturing would be an asset.
For over 10 years, The Little Potato Company has worked to build a solid reputation as an industry leader. As the only organization in...