Our client has built the fastest growing solution in its niche. The team is delivering real change in an industry that has been stagnant in the past and are having lots of fun doing it. Focusing on patient communication using a SaaS model, they’ve generated ROI’s of up to 3000% for clients, who can now spend more time keeping people healthy! They’ve been very successful, with revenue and headcount more than doubling each year, but could use some help getting to the next milestone…that’s where you come in.
As Assistant Operations Manager you will be the go-to technology and the product person. You’ll help the team carry out its mission of providing clients with the best technical support and customer experience. This is a team lead role, where you will lead by example. Expect to be dealing with internal and external customers, supporting and mentoring junior staff, providing customized solutions for clients, troubleshooting complicated system issues, and assisting in the design and creation of exciting products.
It won’t be easy. You will be asked to work harder and smarter than most corporate jobs, but you’ll get real satisfaction from your work. You’ll be working in a casual, client-first atmosphere that supports the most powerful and reliable software platform in the industry.
Also, you’ll have a comprehensive zero cost benefits program, flexible working schedule and… did we mention fun? This department has heaps of it! Expect first round Fridays, monthly themed lunches, Playstation 3 battles in the conference room and more.
You’ll be expected to:
- Understand database system challenges and provide relevant solutions
- Investigate advanced issues and provide documented solutions
- Live to troubleshoot technical issues, whether they are software, hardware or environment related
- Provide second level help desk ticket resolution, support the business and provide on-call support as needed
- Get personal satisfaction discovering the root cause and solving client or team technical problems
- Be the subject matter expert and mentor for the support team
- A firm understanding of the Software Development lifecycle
- Relay business requirements in technical terms and vice-versa
Ideally, you’re great with databases, show an aptitude for logic and can resolve requests in a timely fashion. However, as much as deep technical skills are important, the most successful members of this team display professionalism, discipline and focus. Egos are left at the at the door. You need to be honest, ethical, energetic, intelligent, and have a great sense of humour. If that’s you, this is your chance to join a company that’s established enough to have a proven business model and small enough for you to make a real contribution!
What are the “Formal” Qualifications?
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- 2+ years database experience (MSSQL, MySQL, MS Access, ORACLE, etc.)
- Understanding/experience working with different MS operating systems
- Help desk/Customer service experience and/or providing on-site support for end users
- Experience with CRM and/or Ticket tools
- Experience in programming an asset
- Broad technical knowledge with the ability and desire to learn new skills
- Experience in documenting process and issue resolution