Full- Time JANITORIAL CUSTODIAN
Position Summary: The Janitorial Custodian is responsible for set up for events and conferences, the cleaning of the buildings, furniture, and equipment, assisting with the care of the grounds, and shipping and receiving duties.
- Move furniture, set up for events, open the building, security, and keep track of supplies.
- Perform floor care duties such as strip, wax, buff, burnish and maintain hard floor surfaces and extract, bonnet carpets in accordance with acceptable practices and standards.
- Cleaning of facilities, i.e., vacuuming and dusting, cleaning and maintaining walls, floors, carpets, windows, washrooms, furniture, and housekeeping duties.
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining grounds, i.e., removing litter, mowing and trimming as directed, and the cleaning of sidewalks and parking lot.
- Assist with minor building maintenance tasks.
- Additionally will be required to move furniture, set-up for University College events, open the building, receiving and delivering goods, and keeping track of supplies.
- Experience and knowledge in cleaning practices and techniques, and skill in care and use of cleaning materials and equipment. Building Services Worker Certificate and WHMIS certification desirable.
- Ability to perform routine tasks requiring some manual dexterity; and from light to heavy physical exertion.
- Ability to take initiative and work without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with students, staff and the public.
A condition of employment is assent to the University College’s Christian Statement of Faith. Interested parties should forward their resume by May, 2014 to:
The King's University College
9125 – 50 Street, Edmonton, AB T6B 2H3
Visit our web site at www.kingsu.ca
We appreciate all applicants for considering The King's University College as a potential employer, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
A Record of Success: The King’s University College in Edmonton scored higher than all other universities in Canada, based on surveys...