Position Summary: The King’s University College seeks an Executive Assistant to the President, responsible for time management, priority setting and high-level administrative support for the President. He or she will coordinate the President’s calendar, oversee travel and logistics in support of the president’s schedule, and ensure that the President is fully prepared for meetings, appointments and events. Handle inquires and prepare reports, documents, speeches and meeting materials for the President. Ensure the smooth operations of the President’s Office and provide administrative support to the Board of Governors.
- Facilitates the efficient utilization of the President’s time through development and coordination of a complex calendar of appointments, meetings, social engagements, and University College community functions;
- Handle inquiries and prepare correspondence on behalf of the President;
- Prepare internal communications, letters and memoranda, draft talking points and speeches for various constituencies;
- Ensure the smooth operations of the President’s office;
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Governors and Board Executive;
- Initiates and manages the preparation of Board Executive meetings, semi-annual full Board meetings, and annual Board Development and the Annual General Meeting (AGM);
- Coordinates the Governor Election process.
- Attends full Board meetings, Board Executive, and AGM as Recording Secretary to record and prepare minutes for distribution.
- Wholehearted endorsement of the Mission Statement and Statement of Faith of the University College.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Five to ten years of appropriate administrative and/or executive experience
- Ability to represent the University College effectively; familiarity with post-secondary education preferred
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of documents
- Ability to problem solve, multitask, attend to detail, take initiative and work independently
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills required; a precise command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and the correct usage of the English language is required
- Computer literacy is required including keyboarding ability, proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to design, develop, and maintain a filing and record keeping system
- Strong short-term and long-term planning skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and adhere to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong sense of diplomacy and tact
Please apply to
The King's University College
9125 – 50 Street, Edmonton, AB T6B 2H3
Visit our web site at www.kingsu.ca
We appreciate all applicants for considering The King's University College as a potential employer, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with Canadian immigration regulations, this advertisement is addressed first to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. The University College encourages all qualified female and male candidates, including visible minorities, to apply.
A Record of Success: The King’s University College in Edmonton scored higher than all other universities in Canada, based on surveys of...