The Keg Steakhouse and Bar Employee Reviews

Warm and welcoming workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 December 2016
Proud to work for such a great company. The entire team is welcoming and inclusive. Management gives helpful constructive criticism. Usually fast pace and high energy. Fun during both busy and slow seasons.
great place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 December 2016
good company culture with great management that provides and almost family-like environment. schedules are good and pay is good. good place to work
busy, and on going
Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 December 2016
A typical day a the keg for me was stressful, but fun. The reason for it being stressful is because we would get rush hour and that's when everyone started to run around and freak out because servers would be getting tables that they didnt have time for etc. The co-workers at the keg weren't the greatest towards me(not taking shifts when i did it for them,being rude,calling me names) which is why i stopped working there. Ive learned that i will work with people that i do not like from working at the keg, and im excited to start a new job.
Pros
the last friday of every month was staff appreciation(food, desserts)
Cons
rush hour
Great Company Culture
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2016
The company has a great culture, they definitely take good care of all their staff. Not only on a shift by shift basis but many events are available to staff as well.
Great place to get started in the industry!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2016
Great training program, room to move around and explore other positions, good management structure. You can work as little or as much as you want usually.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Young Employees
Trained well, nice staff, high expectations
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 March 2016
Enjoyable place to work
Kind staff and coworkers
Average pay
Would return
Excellent training provided
Long time standing up
Pros
Free food
Cons
Schedules posted last minute, evening shifts
Easy going job
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2016
Come in for your shift, seated guests, took phone calls, and ensured guests came and left satisfied. Ensured menus were cleaned and wiped down, friendly service, and worked as a team.
Excellent experience, Learned a lot and enjoyed it, time for a change
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2015
Started when I was in high school and worked there through college in Calgary until I moved up to more fine dining. I always enjoyed going to work, met tonnes of great people and when I moved to Edmonton I knew it was a great company so returned. Worked as both a server and Head bartender for a number of years and then took a break to try a different industry. The Keg trained me very well, and I will always be thankful to management and the great staff.
Great Place to Work
Server/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 September 2015
A great place to grow and develop. One of the best restaurants I've worked at. Thorough training program combined with supportive management makes for a great environment.
Pros
Team Building Exercises, Great Hours, Great People
Fun job great learning experience
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2015
The Keg Steakhouse and Bar was a good experience for me, I learned many diverse skills and the job developed me into a hard working, disciplined individual. The restaurant is always busy so I acquired a stamina and tolerance for intense situations that would be both physically and mentally demanding. The Keg is unlike any kitchen I have worked in. It operates like a factory, they have a good production line, the managers are very professional, everyone has a system and unique role in the company and they compliment each other. I really enjoyed the fast paced environment and producing good food, as well as working together with a competent team of hard working staff.
Pros
free food
Cons
pay and hours
Productive and fun work place
Dining room server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2015
Most of my work days consist of 14 hour days. I love the people that I work with but I am looking for something a bit more stable in terms of finances. I want to be challenged and I would like to be learning something new everyday.
Pros
Benifits/tips
Cons
longs hours
Currently a hostess looking for other areas of work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 June 2015
Great place to work, friendly staff
I greet people and get tables ready for our guests.
Seat them and help run the front hostess station
Pros
Great food good people
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and positive environment to work!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 June 2015
Going to work for the Keg everyday was great. The staff was always in a good mood and management was very helpful. An overall positive environment.
Pros
Staff discount
Waiting tables and customer service expert
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Vaughan30 March 2015
Excellent work place. Working at the keg is more then just work its living with a close well rounded family. You grow as a unit and the workplace is incredible.
Pros
Treated Like Family
Cons
None really
Dinning Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa On26 March 2015
Great job to have as a full time employee or as a second job. Most locations don't open before 4pm so you can still have a day job and make extra money.
Great experience as a bartender/server
Server & Bartender (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 February 2015
The Keg Steakhouse provided me with lots of experience in the hospitality industry. I had to learn a lot of mixed drinks in a short period of time, wine and beer knowledge, extremely face paced atmosphere, working on my own and with others. Always kept a tidy work place, helped others when they fell behind, friendly personality at the most hectic times. Management was amazing, they always were there to help when you needed them and very understanding. They made my experience there the best along with my co-workers, I was excited to go to work every day knowing I would be with them.
Productive work environment, wonderful management
Salad Station Opener/ Closer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 January 2015
Excellent management, wonderful co-workers, the hardest part of the job was finishing between the hours of 2:00 and 3:00 AM.
Pros
Cons
Late hours
No opportunity for advancement, Long hours
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 January 2015
Mostly evenings and weekend work due to that being busy time.
Working every holiday.
Little time off.
Random work schedule. (eg nights, days)
Minimum wage
no raises
dangerous
Great Job
Busser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2014
A typical day would last about 6 hours. I would accommodate guests needs and I learned how to do so very effectively, efficiently, and successfully in terms of a guests overall satisfaction. I clear and set tables, escort guest to their tables, and occasionally run food. The management team is very strong at The Keg and so are the co-workers. Managers and co-workers are great at handling situations and the proof is in the quality of service a guest gets when they come to experience dining at The Keg. The hardest part of a job is maintaining the same quality of service to our guest when the restaurant gets busy; however the most enjoyable part is having the chance to make a persons day just a little bit better when they walk into our doors, to give them such a great experience that they leave happier than they were when they came in.
Pros
Great job environment and you meet great guests, amazing food, Love the staff
Cons
Very late nights, difficult to move up (promotion)
A grate envorment to work in
Kitchen Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 October 2014
The Keg is a grate place to work at. the Managers are grate and your co workers are awesome to

4.3