The Keg Steakhouse and Bar Employee Reviews

Fast paced and fun.
Server (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at The Keg. It was a fast paced and fun environment. Lots of exciting people and it was a lot of fun to get to know the guests. I loved learning about food and drinks. The Keg has lots of fun company events like Keg Cup and the Baseball Tournament.
Pros
Free starches to eat, amazing discount.
Cons
Can be exhausting at times.
Good experience
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 April 2017
Really enjoyed the job and team environment. Worked there part time while I worked full time elsewhere and they were very accommodating. Recommend.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
had fun working here
Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 March 2017
Had a lot of fun working for the keg while finishing my undergrad. Learned a lot about customer service, made some great friends, and helped keep myself out of debt during school.
Very fun work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 March 2017
Although it could get hectic with how busy the Keg would get, it was still a very relaxed and fun working environment. The employees were very nice and fun, and management although professional, they were still trying to make the environment as fun as possible. Nothing but good things to say about my time at the Keg.
Pros
Fun working environment
Great Place
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 February 2017
Learn how to manage a busy restaurant and learn how to relate to the diner looking to have not only a great meal but also a great time. Hardest part of the job would be the shift work and the everyday repetitiveness.
Great environment and Experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 February 2017
The Keg was a great place to work. The management and staff were all positive and happy to be at work. Teamwork was important and the high energy atmosphere created a great workplace environment. I would have loved to keep this job, however they weren't able to offer me as many shifts as I need to be financially stable.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Not enough hours
good work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 February 2017
A great workplace, with lots of great people and good management.
The typical day was busy and productive serving many guests each evening.
Nice place
Busser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2017
Good staff, nice managers, fast paced environment can be stressful to some but its an exhilarating job for energized, enthusiastic people also discounts on food is a great thing
Experience with meeting new people in a fast-paced enviroment
Bartender/Bar Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2017
I love working for the Keg. I have been employed there for many years. It started when I was in first year university and I have continued to work there thru the birth of my son as well as returning after maternity leave. It is a wonderful place to work allowing everyday to be something different and always meeting new people.
Pros
Everyday is different
Cons
Working evenings
Warm and welcoming workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 December 2016
Proud to work for such a great company. The entire team is welcoming and inclusive. Management gives helpful constructive criticism. Usually fast pace and high energy. Fun during both busy and slow seasons.
great place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 December 2016
good company culture with great management that provides and almost family-like environment. schedules are good and pay is good. good place to work
busy, and on going
Busser (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 December 2016
A typical day a the keg for me was stressful, but fun. The reason for it being stressful is because we would get rush hour and that's when everyone started to run around and freak out because servers would be getting tables that they didnt have time for etc. The co-workers at the keg weren't the greatest towards me(not taking shifts when i did it for them,being rude,calling me names) which is why i stopped working there. Ive learned that i will work with people that i do not like from working at the keg, and im excited to start a new job.
Pros
the last friday of every month was staff appreciation(food, desserts)
Cons
rush hour
Great Company Culture
Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2016
The company has a great culture, they definitely take good care of all their staff. Not only on a shift by shift basis but many events are available to staff as well.
Great place to get started in the industry!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2016
Great training program, room to move around and explore other positions, good management structure. You can work as little or as much as you want usually.
Pros
Free Snacks
Cons
Young Employees
Trained well, nice staff, high expectations
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 March 2016
Enjoyable place to work
Kind staff and coworkers
Average pay
Would return
Excellent training provided
Long time standing up
Pros
Free food
Cons
Schedules posted last minute, evening shifts
Easy going job
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2016
Come in for your shift, seated guests, took phone calls, and ensured guests came and left satisfied. Ensured menus were cleaned and wiped down, friendly service, and worked as a team.
Excellent experience, Learned a lot and enjoyed it, time for a change
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2015
Started when I was in high school and worked there through college in Calgary until I moved up to more fine dining. I always enjoyed going to work, met tonnes of great people and when I moved to Edmonton I knew it was a great company so returned. Worked as both a server and Head bartender for a number of years and then took a break to try a different industry. The Keg trained me very well, and I will always be thankful to management and the great staff.
Great Place to Work
Server/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto8 September 2015
A great place to grow and develop. One of the best restaurants I've worked at. Thorough training program combined with supportive management makes for a great environment.
Pros
Team Building Exercises, Great Hours, Great People
Fun job great learning experience
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 August 2015
The Keg Steakhouse and Bar was a good experience for me, I learned many diverse skills and the job developed me into a hard working, disciplined individual. The restaurant is always busy so I acquired a stamina and tolerance for intense situations that would be both physically and mentally demanding. The Keg is unlike any kitchen I have worked in. It operates like a factory, they have a good production line, the managers are very professional, everyone has a system and unique role in the company and they compliment each other. I really enjoyed the fast paced environment and producing good food, as well as working together with a competent team of hard working staff.
Pros
free food
Cons
pay and hours
Productive and fun work place
Dining room server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2015
Most of my work days consist of 14 hour days. I love the people that I work with but I am looking for something a bit more stable in terms of finances. I want to be challenged and I would like to be learning something new everyday.
Pros
Benifits/tips
Cons
longs hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse and Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3