The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Employee Reviews

awful
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 May 2017
Never been treated worse in my life at any job. I took one personal day my whole time I was there and when I did they permanently cut my shifts. They are emotionally abusive.
Great staff, good work experience
Head Host, Host (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 May 2017
Great workplace culture, everyone gets along very well. It teaches you how to multitask well and prioritize tasks, as well as improve customer service and communication skills.
Fun workplace, lots of employee benifits
Chef/Prep/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2017
Decent place to work, cooks are aggressive and racist, management are alright but don't listen. Pay is great with good benefits and flexible hours, lots of company trips and chances to advance
Pros
Free food, flexable hours
Cons
agressive, violent atmosphere
Fun
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2017
I liked working at Keg Steakhouse It was the most amazing job i never had. People were friendly, anything you asked from the manager or the chef you'll be answer always there if you need help.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Hours
Good entry level job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC20 April 2017
Only worked here to get through culinary school, management style was poor and corporate mentality doesnt help. would not reccommend to anyone over the age of 22
Great social atmosphere, great money
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 April 2017
Everyday is a new start, no day is alike. For this reason, it's always fun to come in and see what the day has in store. The money is usually always great, and the team is even better! I've made some of my closest friends here. One thing is for sure, 'boring' does not exist here!
Good work environment with advancement opportunities
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 April 2017
A nice restaurant setting to work in, employees tend to be agreeable and there is plenty of opportunity for advancement if desired with good work ethic and dedication.
Fast paced and fun.
Server (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton, AB17 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at The Keg. It was a fast paced and fun environment. Lots of exciting people and it was a lot of fun to get to know the guests. I loved learning about food and drinks. The Keg has lots of fun company events like Keg Cup and the Baseball Tournament.
Pros
Free starches to eat, amazing discount.
Cons
Can be exhausting at times.
Great employee environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON11 April 2017
I don't even see it as going to work, This is a great place to work!!

Management is very knowledgeable and helpful. The food and beverages are always amazing. There are many regulars that come in to visit and they are always happy to come back because of the amazing service and food.
Fun balance of work and guest interaction.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 April 2017
Employee benefits are great such as 40% off all food, beer, and wine. This includes up to 3 friends which is nice. Work environment is fun and makes going to work enjoyable.
Good experience
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 April 2017
Really enjoyed the job and team environment. Worked there part time while I worked full time elsewhere and they were very accommodating. Recommend.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
minimum wage
Fun at the Keg
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 April 2017
the keg on granville was a great place to work, i had a great time with my coworkers and management was great to me. Very supportive and accommodating.
Great and peaceful environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 April 2017
Staff are fun and they get along easy with new people, they almost make it feel like your apart of their family when you start working their, everyone's friendly and helpful.
Pros
Free drinks and sides and ofc the discount
Cons
Non
Busser (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 April 2017
good discounts
Great place to learn and improve skills
environment is alright
Management is great
the food is very good, i recommend anybody to go there.
had fun working here
Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 March 2017
Had a lot of fun working for the keg while finishing my undergrad. Learned a lot about customer service, made some great friends, and helped keep myself out of debt during school.
Great Staff
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 March 2017
Great place to work! Staff are excellent. Fun atmosphere. Loved my job as hostess. Love communication with others, in a social atmosphere. The Keg is a very busy atmosphere and involves one to be energetic and quick thinking!
Incredible Place to work
Manager, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC24 March 2017
The Keg prides themselves on an amazing workplace.
their moto is Work Hard, Play Hard. A Rule of Thumb is a happy employee will create a warm and Inviting experience for the guest. Training for new employees is at least 2 weeks if not longer. New Employees go through training and testing after every position has been completed. A New employee will train in different positions to learn that every position contributes to the companies success.
Management training runs 3 months long, with written exams, theory and hands on training. Again working through each position to be able to jump in wherever needed, and of course to understand each positions influence on the success of the company
Known for its great customer service along with the highest standards of products, The Keg is a fantastic employer, whether you are part of the service staff or part of the management team.
Work days run from 8 to 12 hours. Scheduling changes week to week. because it is a restaurant the hours vary from 12pm - 3am.
Flexible with days off due to weekly scheduling.
I have 4 weeks paid vacation along with great benefits, including in-store benefits (40% off of food and Wine for myself and 6 guests)
I have been given such an amazing opportunity to learn from the best in customer service & human resources. Head office is Located in Toronto and Vancouver.
The late nights are becoming more difficult, and this is why I would be searching for a new position, with a more predictable schedule
Pros
benefits, atmosphere, colleagues, vacation time, experiences, dinners included while you work, 40% off of food and Wine at anytime
Cons
late hours, shift work
Fun place to work
Bus Person/ Host/ Bar Back (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 March 2017
Its a great job as a place to start, with many different areas of the restaurant to work in. The staff are usually well spirited, and the food is always good.
Very fun work environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 March 2017
Although it could get hectic with how busy the Keg would get, it was still a very relaxed and fun working environment. The employees were very nice and fun, and management although professional, they were still trying to make the environment as fun as possible. Nothing but good things to say about my time at the Keg.
Pros
Fun working environment
I loved it
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 March 2017
I would usually work anywhere from 3-6 hours, but it would pass by very quickly because the atmosphere was always a positive one. It was very much like a family, everyone knew everyone and cared for one another. I knew I could count on anyone at that location to help me out both inside, and outside of work.
Pros
Staff parties, atmosphere, good management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3