The Keg Steakhouse & Bar Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun workplace with great food
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Working at the Keg was challenging and a lot of fun at the same time. A must have ability was multitasking in a very fast paced environment. Working under pressure and working well with the team was a must especially during peak dinner hours, however there was never a dull moment at all times.
Great atmosphere
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 15, 2016
Fun place to work with many opportunities to grow. Awesome team of people who were very positive to work around.
Learnt many things about the industry
Productive and fun workplace
Dining room server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
The Keg was a very fast paced work enviornment.I learned a lot about time managment and how to deal with any situations that arose.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fast paced environment with some ability to advance
❸ prep cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 25, 2015
Prep according to the number of estimated guests, daily inventory counts, semi weekly order placing through various suppliers.

friendly management and co-workers that are always willing to help
Great training, staff and managment
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 6, 2015
Wonderful place to go for dinner and a perfect place to work while in school. Quality products and consistent shifts with a strong history in each location.
Inviting and friendly workplace with a highly professional atmosphere
Barback (Current Employee) –  London, ONJune 8, 2015
Each day is unpredictable in regards to the volume of customers. Although this helps in learning to quickly adapt to various situations. A very fast-paced environment where the best is expected of each employee. The Keg gave me the ability to learn many things about co-operation and hard work. I gained a lot of experience with adapting to change and putting forward only my best work. The hardest part about working here would be dealing with the overall stress brought on by a busy night where everyone is trying to get things done in a timely fashion. What i enjoy most about working at The Keg is how welcoming and friendly the staff is. This gives a very family-oriented environment that draws you in immediately.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Short Hours
Fast paced, high-stress workplace with little or no room for error while cooking food.
Line Cook/ Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ONNovember 10, 2014
Very precise and exact nature of work make The Keg an intense and gratifying job. Very little room for error and quality assurance is key to success along with team work ad organization.
Pros
helpful and friendly co-workers
Cons
poor management
My first job
Server/Bar Mgr (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 5, 2014
I had started at The Keg as a young girl. I started at the bottom as a busgirl, and moved up in my years there to Head Cocktail waitress & bar mgr before I left. The management were like family they would bent over backwards to help you out.
The co workers were the best, we had a great team.
The hardest part was leaving after 10 years it was like losing an arm.
The best part were the Appy Hours in the lounge, the fast pace, that kept you going all night long & the great customers we had.
Highly organized, professional, with supportive co-workers
Server & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJanuary 27, 2014
Duties were always clearly outlined from start to end of shift. All employees were required to be professionally presented, with a comfortable and reasonable dress code for males and females. Employment at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar taught me effective time management and appropriate intermingling of professional and personal life. The hardest part was learning to be a server, as it requires a completely different mindset and higher level of responsibility than a hostess. However, once I learned, I enjoyed it, my favourite part being developing positive rapport with guests in the establishment. Management was overall very well organized, but more feedback on my development as a server would have been helpful.
Hard and Busy
Busser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 7, 2012
Working at the keg was definitely a learning experience. It taught me many things like how to work fast, deal with customers, and how hard it can be to run a place like that . A typical day at the Keg is always busy during the dinner rush, but very slow after and before that. Dinner rush starts at 5 30 and ends at 9 30 . The managers always did a good job, and were able to handle the restaurant. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the restaurant, and getting things done in time. And the most enjoyable part would be the people that you meet at the restaurant, and some of the people that you get a chance to talk to. Working here opened up my world to a whole new group of people that were so different than what i was used to- it was like a breath of fresh air.
Pros
cheap dinners
Cons
long hours, little pay
Appetizer Cook / Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Windsor ONJanuary 31, 2015
Everyone I work with is friendly and willing to help you out. Management team is very well knowledged about the company and how things work in the kitchen from my perspective.
Pros
great discount
Cons
not enough hours
Productive, high tempo, fun place to work with great food!
Kitchen food preparer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2012
A typical day for me would be arriving for 7am, organizing what is needed for the day, checking what pars are for days. I switch from preparing meats and seafood to preparing sauces, appetizers and vegetables to The Keg standards. Our 2 man team works together to accomplish everything that is needed for dinner service, typicaly in a 8 hour plus shift. Before working at The Keg I didnt have any real resuraunt/kitchen experience. I have about food and kitchen safety, most importantly ive learned how important time management and pacing myself is to finsh the required amounts on time. The hardest part about the job is how unpredictable my day can be due to previous night service. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is knowing that the food I prepare everyday meets The Keg quality standards and is enjoyed by all guests. Another one of the most enjoyable parts is learning new skills and experiencing new things outside my own element.
Really great company to work for with an amazing staff!
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 8, 2014
Customer Service
Product Knowledge
Organization
Multi-tasking
Pros
staff discount, fun staff, amazing managers
Cons
long hours, weekend work, unstable income
love it
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONOctober 2, 2014
great people
fast money
amazing mgmt
4 tbl sections
large cheques
very accommodating with second jobs
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
lots of products to no
Fast Paced Environment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 7, 2014
A busser at the Keg. Typical day at work would involve bussing tables, doing laundry, sometimes carrying over to help out on the appetizer side of line.
Pros
discount benefits
Cons
long nights
Great Atmosphere with Great Staff
Hostess (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 26, 2013
Fast-paced and exciting, downfall is low hours during slow season and when it is not busy
Pros
great discount
Cons
long time on ones feet and lots of running
I hate it
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 12, 2014
nice employees but please review the place before where you want to work at. I did it once i didn't like it there was just too much for me
Pros
at 7:00 pm only
Cons
4:30-11:30 pm
Fast workplace always dealing with customer service
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2014
High volume rushes with constant regulars. Management changes often but employees have a very rare turnover
great job
Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 13, 2013
great place great enviorment awesome food!
i definatly learned to cook
and at a young age then how to work fast
Pros
free food, great people
Cons
no cons
Career Job Opportunity
Variable Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2015
Had I not moved to Toronto so recently, I would have pursued a life long career with The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. My days spent managing with The Keg were very busy. I generally would open the restaurant and start with an exterior walk ensuring the property is free of garbage and debris, then move my way inside. Once inside, I would check all the dish washer chemicals to ensure they meet health and safety standards. I then would begin to adjust the atmosphere of the restaurant, this includes dimming the lights, turning on the televisions, and putting on the music for the dinning room, bar, and patio. I worked very heavily alongside my coworkers as I would have to be there at anytime when needed or asked. Whether it be a happy or unhappy guest, an allergy concern that I'd need to address, or having to problem solve on the spot such as needing more sour cream and running to a nearby grocery store and stocking up to finish dinner service, I was always the last man standing. A fixed point that would always be there readily available. Once dinner service was complete and the restaurant was clean and clear, I would then cash out my servers and tip them to the dollar, exactly how much we owed them. The hardest part of my job would have to been the day I handed my letter of resignation to pursue a career, a potentially new job opportunity, in a new city in Toronto.
Pros
free meals, great and very competitive wages, benefits