The Keg Steakhouse & Bar Employee Reviews

Employee culture at the forefront
Head Hostess, Server and Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 December 2016
Working at The Keg for so long, staff members become family. The environment would promote social gatherings and encourage such interactions. The company would put on seasonal events for all to take part in.
Working there as a student made it easy to attend classes. They were very accommodating in this aspect.
It came to a point where I personally needed a change. To this day, I still commend their work ethic and I try to incorporate some aspects into any task I am given.
Pros
great work envirnoment
Cons
advancement was based on expierence
Great experience
Busser (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 November 2016
Great workplace and even better people trying to make sure you succeed as well as the restaurant. Learned to work in a fast paced environment and communicate better with coworkers.
decent place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 August 2016
worked there for a year and a half as the grill cook. left because i found new emplyment with better pay. was a good kitchen to work in and make some good friends and learned alot.
Professional environment, fun place to work at, smart business approach.
Head Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2016
Amazing company to work for. Very reliable, organized, well structured, rewarding.
The way The Keg does business is very innovative to me, it gives you the tolls to succeed, everything is controlled and well thought, not to mention the consistency of the food, service, management.
Pros
Anything you can imagine. Steady work, great trainer program, great staff, very professional line of work.
Cons
It's not open during the day, only evening shifts.
Great atmosphere
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2016
Fun place to work with many opportunities to grow. Awesome team of people who were very positive to work around.
Learnt many things about the industry
Fun workplace with great food
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 February 2016
Working at the Keg was challenging and a lot of fun at the same time. A must have ability was multitasking in a very fast paced environment. Working under pressure and working well with the team was a must especially during peak dinner hours, however there was never a dull moment at all times.
Productive and fun workplace
Dining room server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2016
The Keg was a very fast paced work enviornment.I learned a lot about time managment and how to deal with any situations that arose.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Great training, staff and managment
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 October 2015
Wonderful place to go for dinner and a perfect place to work while in school. Quality products and consistent shifts with a strong history in each location.
fast paced environment with some ability to advance
❸ prep cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 September 2015
Prep according to the number of estimated guests, daily inventory counts, semi weekly order placing through various suppliers.

friendly management and co-workers that are always willing to help
Inviting and friendly workplace with a highly professional atmosphere
Barback (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 June 2015
Each day is unpredictable in regards to the volume of customers. Although this helps in learning to quickly adapt to various situations. A very fast-paced environment where the best is expected of each employee. The Keg gave me the ability to learn many things about co-operation and hard work. I gained a lot of experience with adapting to change and putting forward only my best work. The hardest part about working here would be dealing with the overall stress brought on by a busy night where everyone is trying to get things done in a timely fashion. What i enjoy most about working at The Keg is how welcoming and friendly the staff is. This gives a very family-oriented environment that draws you in immediately.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Short Hours
Career Job Opportunity
Variable Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2015
Had I not moved to Toronto so recently, I would have pursued a life long career with The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. My days spent managing with The Keg were very busy. I generally would open the restaurant and start with an exterior walk ensuring the property is free of garbage and debris, then move my way inside. Once inside, I would check all the dish washer chemicals to ensure they meet health and safety standards. I then would begin to adjust the atmosphere of the restaurant, this includes dimming the lights, turning on the televisions, and putting on the music for the dinning room, bar, and patio. I worked very heavily alongside my coworkers as I would have to be there at anytime when needed or asked. Whether it be a happy or unhappy guest, an allergy concern that I'd need to address, or having to problem solve on the spot such as needing more sour cream and running to a nearby grocery store and stocking up to finish dinner service, I was always the last man standing. A fixed point that would always be there readily available. Once dinner service was complete and the restaurant was clean and clear, I would then cash out my servers and tip them to the dollar, exactly how much we owed them. The hardest part of my job would have to been the day I handed my letter of resignation to pursue a career, a potentially new job opportunity, in a new city in Toronto.
Pros
Free meals, great and very competitive wages, benefits
Appetizer Cook / Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Windsor ON31 January 2015
Everyone I work with is friendly and willing to help you out. Management team is very well knowledged about the company and how things work in the kitchen from my perspective.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced, high-stress workplace with little or no room for error while cooking food.
Line Cook/ Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON10 November 2014
Very precise and exact nature of work make The Keg an intense and gratifying job. Very little room for error and quality assurance is key to success along with team work ad organization.
Pros
Helpful and friendly co-workers
Cons
Poor management
love it
Dining Room Server (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 October 2014
great people
fast money
amazing mgmt
4 tbl sections
large cheques
very accommodating with second jobs
Pros
positive atmosphere
Cons
lots of products to no
Really great company to work for with an amazing staff!
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 June 2014
Customer Service
Product Knowledge
Organization
Multi-tasking
Pros
Staff discount, fun staff, amazing managers
Cons
Long hours, weekend work, unstable income
My first job
Server/Bar Mgr (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC5 June 2014
I had started at The Keg as a young girl. I started at the bottom as a busgirl, and moved up in my years there to Head Cocktail waitress & bar mgr before I left. The management were like family they would bent over backwards to help you out.
The co workers were the best, we had a great team.
The hardest part was leaving after 10 years it was like losing an arm.
The best part were the Appy Hours in the lounge, the fast pace, that kept you going all night long & the great customers we had.
Fast workplace always dealing with customer service
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2014
High volume rushes with constant regulars. Management changes often but employees have a very rare turnover
I hate it
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 March 2014
nice employees but please review the place before where you want to work at. I did it once i didn't like it there was just too much for me
Pros
at 7:00 pm only
Cons
4:30-11:30 pm
Fast Paced Environment
Busser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2014
A busser at the Keg. Typical day at work would involve bussing tables, doing laundry, sometimes carrying over to help out on the appetizer side of line.
Pros
Discount Benefits
Cons
Long Nights
Highly organized, professional, with supportive co-workers
Server & Hostess (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 January 2014
Duties were always clearly outlined from start to end of shift. All employees were required to be professionally presented, with a comfortable and reasonable dress code for males and females. Employment at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar taught me effective time management and appropriate intermingling of professional and personal life. The hardest part was learning to be a server, as it requires a completely different mindset and higher level of responsibility than a hostess. However, once I learned, I enjoyed it, my favourite part being developing positive rapport with guests in the establishment. Management was overall very well organized, but more feedback on my development as a server would have been helpful.

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar Reviews by Location