Reporting to the General Manager, the Assistant to the General Manager, will have strong accounting and book-keeping knowledge and excellent internal and external customer service skills. This is a unique, mid-level non-manager, role where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the business as a whole.
- Supports and assists the General Manager in his role
- Provides excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Superb working knowledge of QuickBooks Pro.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
- Superb attention to detail.
- Responsible for accounting and financial records of all funds, including reconciling bank statements and invoices, drafting checks, accounts payable, accounts receivable, etc.
- Prepares all deposits.
- Prepares all accounting reports.
- Prepares all payroll
- Balances all receipts and tax collections monthly
- Maintains general records of account according to established accounting classifications, including various ledgers, registers, and journals
- Posts entries to books and computer from supporting records, makes adjustments, and prepares financial statements
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Demonstrated business acumen
- 3-5 years accounting experience, preferably with QuickBooks.
- Experience in clerical accounting work.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to plan and prioritize.
- Self motivated and ability to excel with minimal supervision.
- Have experience working with the nonprofit and business sector.
Indeed - 20 months ago