This position is Full-time, permanent for a large financial institution in Downtown Toronto.
Keys to this position:
- Must have strong experience in SOA, reference architecture, XML and data modelling (canonical and messaging a preferred)
- Experience creating solutions in a large-scale mission critical environment is required.
- Banking/FI background not required
The incumbent will:
- Ensure adherence to Canonical and Messaging Model standards
- Provide expertise in SOA data interface definition
- Champion the Information Architecture Layer of the SOA Reference Architecture
- Helps influence data policies on the management and usage of data
- Specify recommended data related tools and technologies for structured and unstructured content
- Examine and enforce opportunities to provide data reuse
- Understand and help ensure the vitality of the enterprise data model
The incumbent will contribute to the following:
- Solution architecture services as required for several projects
- Building shared components and re-using the shared components according to Enterprise guidelines
- Thought leadership in elements of the technology strategy
- Leadership of program/project initiation as required
- Governance and advisory activities for projects as they are initiated by business requirements, SDLC lifecycle, statements of work, vetting the use of OSS, vetting of customizations to vendor products, etc
- The incumbent will perform many of the following Solution and Technical Architecture functions.
- Expertise and counsel to ensure technology teams and business areas understand the architectural options and technology choices in support of their business initiatives.
- Assess viability/priority of projects/initiatives and ensure architecture issues are clearly communicated.
- Research/analyze business requirements to evaluate and recommend optimal solutions within technology architecture.
- Influence product/vendor/SI direction and integrate technology from an architectural perspective within the business environment, and fulfill an IT governance role
- Apply industry/technical knowledge to provide solutions that increase business results and/or minimize risk.
- Review/provide direction in the formation of development specifications, technical requirements, system performance objectives and identify system modifications required to meet objectives.
- Participate in pre and post implementation reviews, ensuring all technical solutions have met business requirements.
- Contribute to meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, within budget, and adhering to relevant standards.
- Support the development, documentation, communication and execution of a comprehensive strategy, policies and solutions.
We are currently looking for a candidate with specific data architecture and/or data modeling experiences, inclusive of:
- Conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling
- Experience with high performance, high volume data environments,
- Practical knowledge of IMS, DB2, Oracle
- Canonical data models, messaging data models, and XML data definitions.
- Practical knowledge of data modeling tools and/or major industry models such as IFX, Teradata FS-LDM, et cetera.
- Experience architecting application and technology solutions in a large-scale mission critical environment is required.
- Experience with service oriented architectures, enterprise service bus technology, business process management, and/or document management is beneficial.
- Experience working with System Integrators (SIs) and/or implementations of vendor products is also beneficial.
- Large Scale Delivery: project management, issue management, change and release management, estimating, budgeting and forecasting; Experience in leading projects within large-scale programs.
- Leveraging diverse influence levers in a way that nurtures relationships with peers, viewed by peers as a collaborative team member.
Indeed - 6 months ago