The BCCA Employee Benefit Program provides a flexible human resources tool for the construction industry that can be tailored to meet the unique needs of each of our members. This program was developed specifically for the construction industry and promises responsive, helpful service through one-on-one customer service and consultation.
Are you looking for a diverse and rewarding career? The BCCA Employee Benefit Program is currently looking for an Executive Assistant to contribute to the organization by providing executive and administrative support to the CEO and Board of Trustees.
A proactive and self-motivated professional, your forte is enhancing the CEO’s effectiveness by providing information and support. You also have excellent communication and organizational skills, and the proven ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. By demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values that guide us as an organization, you will promote us and facilitate our continued respected reputation.
- Our Mission- To be an innovative provider of employee benefits to a growing and dynamic community of discernible members.
- Our Vision- The Employee Benefit Program is dedicated to providing consistent and exceptional customer service. Our business has a loyal following of long-standing members that have been with the Program for countless years. Its innovative, efficient and needs-focused approach to serving the members defines its unparalleled success in an industry that’s ever growing, ever changing. We act always with our clients at the forefront and do what is honest, reasonable and trustworthy.
- Our Values- Consistency, Loyalty, Innovation, Efficiency, Needs-focused, Trust
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide full executive and administrative support to the CEO and Board of Trustees
- Proactively anticipate the needs of the CEO and take initiative to act upon as appropriate
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments and make associated arrangements
- Handle logistics and preparation for travel, conferences, meetings and events
- Receive, direct, and redirect communications and handle various issues as they arise
- Draft and prepare correspondence, documents and presentations
- Implement processes and organizational systems to optimize follow up and information flow
- Ensure the smooth functioning of Board meetings, including booking facilities and arranging logistics
- Coordinate and participate in Board meetings by preparing agendas
- Provide administrative/executive support to the Board Chair
- Build and maintain relationships as required in the course of the role
- Manage and reconcile the CEO’s and Trustees’ expenses
- Assist the Vice President with confidential issues and provide administrative support as required
- Undertake other related duties as required by the CEO
Required Skills & Competencies
- Proven ability to proactively anticipate needs
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction, taking initiative where appropriate
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Exceptional organizational, problem-solving and planning skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced MS Office skills with proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe (PDF)
- Comprehensive working knowledge of business communications and skills (e.g. minute-taking)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to liaise with individuals at the executive and Board levels and excellent grasp of English usage (spelling, grammar, etc.)
- Strong client service skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with time constraints with the ability to maintain composure and professionalism in all business situations
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
Ideal Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related area, or equivalent education, training and experience
- At least 5 years’ in a senior support/executive administrative support role
- Experience in the health benefits/group insurance field is an asset
How to Apply
If your values are aligned with ours and you’re eager for the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our organization, please apply with resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest and only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.