The Job Shoppe Employee Reviews

Toxic Work Environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON21 September 2017
There was the constant expectation to work in the mornings, evenings and weekends outside of the office when the compensation (monetary and otherwise) was minimal.
The turnover is high, not because of the industry, but because of poor management.
never again
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON3 June 2017
Staff at agency didn't listen orc care. Shorted me money and tried telling me I was paid for something when my bank statements clearly stated I didn't get the money.
great place
Production/Quality Inspection (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON24 January 2017
work is steady and good people to associate with. there a accountable company with great employees who actually care about you. remembering to call in every Monday for work is my only difficulty, I love knowing if I do that ill be working in no time!
The difficult part of my job is I have to lift up 30-36lbs package at least 40 times a day
Mailing and Sorting (Former Employee) –  447 Advance Blvd. Lakeshore9 November 2016
This factory is nice and clean, I like to work in here. I'm in Mailing and Sorting department. I like my job because I have nice team workers and supervisor. I just worry about if I can't handle it for 2 months because I have to lift 30-36lbs package from the line to a big box, at least 40 times a day. It's a physical job, I'll try my best to do that. Thank you for giving me this chance to work in Vistaprint!
Factory work
Slave (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON30 August 2016
This company is a joke they advertise jobs that don't exist low pay junk jobs how they can be proud of making money off of other people working at these waste of time jobs goes to show you that they are true human garbage!
good work environment
Press operator (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON9 June 2016
i had my position at Takumi Stamping inc.
i really enjoyed working there and the co-workers were amazing
operated a machine press for 8 hours a day, long standing hours, heavy lifting, constant bending, lifting, squatting
Temp Agency
Temporary Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2016
Deals with most of the companies that are not looking for permanent employees, after learning that I switched to another Temp agency that gave me an opportunity for better work
Slave Labour
Labour (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON26 November 2015
If you can't work on their terms, don't even bother applying. When they say Jump, ya better jump or they won't call u again.
Pros
Cons
all
Excellent Placement Agency
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  London, Ontario24 September 2015
In my line of work and in my area, the only way to get work is through placement agencies. It's the nature of the beast these days. The Job Shoppe is an excellent placement agency, the recruiters were very professional and friendly and I was placed the same day. If you must find work through a temporary staffing agency, try this one.
Pros
Professional, friendly staff. Good placements.
Cons
It's temporary but that's to be expected.
They helped me find a good full-time job..stop complaining haters
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Windsor On13 May 2015
The Job Shoppe was able to help me find a really good job in Windsor. I am still here and love every minute. Not sure why people put bad reviews, probably because they got fired and are now blaming the agency. Go get your own job and leave the job opening for the good workers like me. Stop blaming others for your faults.
Pros
Good job, nice people who work there
Not a good place to find a job
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, Ontario12 March 2015
Most of the jobs that I worked for The Job Shoppe in Tecumseh were horrible. I worked in factories that didn't give proper training for all of the jobs. There was no one to be found to help when I was at the factory. I had bruising on my hands and was really sore after working at one of the factories. Several hours later someone told me an easier way to do the job after I was struggling and looking for help. The job that I worked at a produce plant in Kingsville was like slave work. We had to work at a really fast pace for the entire shift and the supervisors would yell at all the workers to go faster. The shifts would range from 4 hours to 13 hours and we were never told ahead of time how long the shifts would be. Another factory I worked at was also really horrible. I had bruising all over my body from lifting heavy metal racks. All these jobs paid minimum wage. There was only one job that was simple but the factory was very noisy and there was no one to talk to. It was very isolating. The Job Shoppe in Windsor only offered me a midnight position and had no other jobs available. I couldn't work midnights at the time because I had 2 young kids. I am skeptical of even working for a placement agency again. If Windsor had better jobs available, I wouldn't have had to work these horrible jobs.
Pros
Paid weekly, flexible schedule
Cons
Horrible jobs, low pay, lack of training, lack of safety at jobs
From a former Recruiter at The Job Shoppe
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario16 February 2015
I worked for The Job Shoppe right out of school and it was the best experience I have ever had. If my family had not moved out of the province I would have not had to leave my job. The Owners were very encouraging and genuinely cared about their staff. The team of Recruiters are hard working and will stop at nothing to place a great candidate with a great company.
Pros
We raised a lot of money for The Sunshine Foundation
Cons
Not one!
Best Interview ever had @ an agency in London
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2015
Nice people, office has nice atmosphere. They greet you and all the team meets you. I was able to go through the interview process, they explained how they worked and what is required from me. Just got placed last week and have worked mon-fri and back again today.
Pros
professional staff
Cons
no free parking
Best agency in London
general labourer (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 February 2015
The Job Shoppe in London has been extremely helpful. The staff actually care about the employees and make sure they don't have any questions when they leave after the interview. They have accommodated my schedule and have given me all the work I need. I really enjoy going to different locations to do some quality inspection because I meet new people and I am always kept busy. I tried other agencies in London but they all said they would call back as they didn't have work available. I would recommend The Job Shoppe to anyone! Only down side is that sometimes I want to work more but they don't want me to burn out if I exceed the amount of hours! That is caring!! Thank you Job Shoppe.
Pros
Get you work ASAP
Cons
person on-call can be rude
job shoppe london
press operator (Current Employee) –  london on16 January 2015
I have found my experience with job shoppe to outstanding. They have found me a job leading to a future and that is something to appreciate.My workday is a typical 8 hour day and I have been learning about an industry full of potential futures. The staff at Job Shoppe are polite and concise about details and directions to jobsites. The hardest part of the job I found to be waiting to get hired. The best part of my job has been my coworkers.
Pros
gaterade stations
Cons
not enough overtime
Inefficient productivity
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 December 2014
I was frequently given wrong addresses for placement, as well as wasn't contacted for shift that were filled. Overall I wouldn't recommend using "The Job Shoppe".
Highly Recommended!!!
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 November 2014
I've dealt with a number of placement agencies in the area and feel that The Job Shoppe in by far the best! Not only did they find me a great place to work but they took into consideration what type of position I was looking for. The staff is extremely friendly and highly professional. I am definitely going to recommend them to my friends and family.
Pros
Paid weekly
Great Experience
Production (Current Employee) –  London ON6 November 2014
I got my foot in the door from The Job Shoppe and have been hired on by Qualtech. I just applied for a supervisor role and owe this all to the agency.
Sucks if your looking for full time
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 November 2013
Was told I was going to have full time work - worked for 1 week then got told the job was done and they didn't need people anymore.
Cons
not permenant work