Company: The Hydronics Team
Location: 83 Galaxy Blvd. Unit 17
Toronto On, M9W 5X6
Type: Permanent/Full Time
Date Posted: 12/21/12
The Hydronics Team is a design-build mechanical firm providing proven expertise in radiant heating, snowmelt, HVAC, geothermal, as well as creative cooling solutions for residential and commercial applications.
Founded in 1998, The Hydronics Team continually proves to be the leader in design and installation of efficient systems. We strive to elevate standard in ethics, professionalism, and longevity within the heating and cooling industry. Our systems are extremely reliable and efficient and we stand behind our work.
Main Job Function
Organize service activities to ensure the department’s efficient and profitable operation by managing human resources and assets. Maximize departmental profitability through effective marketing and sale of labour, parts, subcontracted services and other value added products and services. Grow the service department over time.
- Manage Service department of hydronic heating and HVAC company.
- Schedule technicians to ensure jobs are completed on time, efficiently, and according to priority of active jobs.
- Communicate with customers to ensure appointments and service details are confirmed in advance.
- Coordinate purchasing and delivery of equipment.
- Manage and monitor inventory in warehouse and on service vehicles.
- Input relevant accounting into Quickbooks.
- Supervise and manage work load and performance of technicians.
- Advises customers of necessary repair service recommendations for preventative maintenance.
- Handle customer complaints and problems pertaining to service and repair work.
- Build and develop service market.
- Act as Health and Safety Officer.
- Management experience of a service department (any industry).
- Previous experience working with hydronic/HVAC.
- Strong initiative, self directed personality, and an ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Disciplined organization skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt.
- Strong customer relations and interaction skills.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Hydronic technical knowledge and skills.
- Inventory management skills.
- Experience with Quickbooks is an asset.
- Marketing experience is an asset.
- Directly Responsible To: _ President_
- Responsible For: Service Technicians (skilled and semiskilled), general labour, and driver(s) as employed
- Relationships With: President, Sales, Bookkeeping, suppliers, customers, industry experts, competitors, general contractors etc.
Persons interested in this role must be self motivated, goal oriented, and be able to foster relationships with our current customers, coworkers, suppliers, and future clientele. A successful candidate will be willing to assume any and all duties related to the business to ensure the success of the company. As our name states, we are a team. We offer great support for our employees and take pride in our work. If you do not meet all the requirements but believe you are a candidate for the position please do not hesitate to apply.
Applicants may send their resume, cover letter, and references by email or by fax: (416) 798 – 9513. Only successful applicants will be contacted.