The Hospital for Sick Children Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant - Telemedicine Program (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
Family oriented. You feel like you are part of a large family. Everyone knows everyone. The CEO at this time would say Hello and how are you, when she saw you in the hallway. Always called you by your first name.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work without a thank you
Very nice environment great people to work with
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
Very nice environment great people to work with. they want you to sell at least a $30 PaC if not consistent with the $30 Pac even though you have gotten people to sign up for monthly donations for smaller amounts after your first 4 shifts they let you go. I left before that could happen. I often made $16 pac the odd $30. i was tod they would give me a 5th shift but would have to make at least 2 $30 pac in order to keep my job as a fundraiser.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
travel, unreasonable expectations
Excellent Job experience
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2017
Hospital for Sick Children is a great place to work. My work experience at Hospital for Sick Children was an excellent opportunity for me to grow & continue to learn new technology in the department of Pharmacy. Everyone worked as team player with respect . Being able to worked for 23 years at Sickkids was an incredible work experience. The hardest part was the budget cut which I was one of those that was let go. If given another opportunity, I will definitely work again at Sickkids.
Collaborative , supportive environment
Program Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2016
During my time at this hospital I have gained a lot of valuable experience. The work place environment is supportive and collaborative. A typical day at work is always enjoyably pleasant. The department I work in is very close and supportive of each other. I don't consider my team as just co workers, they are also my friends. I feel very fortunate to be part of such an exceptional team and work with such an exceptional manager- I truly believe a compatibility like this is extremely rare.
HR Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2016
A really professional atmosphere, with dedicated staff. An excellent place to learn and grow in your career. There appears to be a very healthy work/life balance.
Poor management
Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
No teamwork; high employee turnover. There is no cross training. Management is scattered. The work itself is rewarding because it is for a great and worthy cause!
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
poor management
Good perks
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
Good pay but horrible benefits. Salary increase only 1.4%. No work life balance. Good perks with different companies.
It is very satisfying putting smile on the children's faces
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I work on the afternoon shift (2:00p to 10:00p), I work independently. My manager will give me assignments to be completed, but most of the time there are certain assignments to be accomplished during the evening.
Pros
Satisfying environment to work.
Cons
Having to work til 10:00p
Clerical Nightmare
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2017
WORST HOSPITAL TO WORK FOR, EVER!
Lousy pay, backstabbing coworkers who sabotage one's work, managers with hidden agendas & who bow down to cater to the whim of spoiled senior staff. Do not apply here!!!
Pros
Lunch varities; nice kids/patients
Cons
Constantly being watched
Great Benefits
Clinical Research Project Assistant/CEP (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2016
The benefits packages is very good at Sick Kids. Sometimes there is a little too much caution tape to get things done, but this is expected in hospital setting
A nice place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2017
The work keeps you busy and you learn new processes as there are always some changes.A typical day includes answering emails and telephone calls. Following up on inquiries and completing administrative tasks.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Long commute
Good environment
Campaign Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
It was a great place to work the supervisors was nice. The work consistent but not that hard. The day go by fast once you get use to working there. I recommend everyone
fun
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
i enjoy working for the sick children's hospital it was a fun experience and kids are wonderful to be around. The work I did at the hospital was very educating.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lots of filing
fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On4 May 2015
I am part of study for SickKids, for the finding a cure program for type diabetes. So i had chances to help with the study and other activity's SickKids an JDRF ( junior Diabetes Research Foundation). I help out with walkathons, fundraisers and other programs that happen. I worked with a few other teenagers around my age for about three months at a time. Everyone who ran the program was very welcoming, making me wish i could work with them more. The hardest part was just getting back and fourth to SickKids or where ever they had planned a program or a activity, but the best part was teach younger children who just got diagnosed with Type One diabetes, what it is and how they can help to take care of it. I helped children learn how to count carbohydrates and give themselves their insulin.
Pros
meeting new people, Learning about Diabetes, free meals
Cons
slow days, lots of driving
N/a
Certified Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2016
Good environment to work in. A lot of redtape in order to complete some projects. I would recommend working here for anyone. Provide great service to the patients
Writer and Editor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
Writing the report for SickKids was a wonderful experience. The atmosphere when going to toronto for meetings was exceptional. The food was great too.
Interesting projects and cool atmosphere
STATISTICAL CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
My contract with SickKids was amazing! I had worked only for a few months but I got to learn numerous concepts and the professor I worked under was amazing. The area of work was in Neuroscience and it was a lot to ingest.

Unfortunately I did not have enough time to complete my targets due to the steep learning curve but it made my challenges all the more fantastic.
good
Clinical Trial Data Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
Amazing people. Only get better and learn because of all the talented people around you. Job satisfaction is 100% because no matter what you do you are playing a part in helping a kids life get better nothing else really matter. The pay is alright and could get better but still reasonable.
Very positive atmosphere to work in
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2016
- Daily 8-4 schedule
- Co-workers are supportive
- Able to meet new people every day
- Hospital supports needs of sick children
Pros
Bright and clean environment for the children
Cons
N/A
Sick Kids
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2016
highly recommend this hospital. it is a team environment and the education and training is superb. really a great environment to work in.

4.2