THE HOSPITAL FOR SICK CHILDREN

THE HOSPITAL FOR SICK CHILDREN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON M5G 1X8August 14, 2015
co-workers are nice to help me, and provided me some great advice. work under fast speed. need to meet deadlines and work independently.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Work from home facility; Remote access to corporate systems
Cons: None
Excellent co-workers;
Great team spirit
Good Documentation standards
Supportive executive team
A typical day at work is busy with meetings, presentations, status updates, review documents, briefing the sponsors/team on the project
Managing the cost and schedules
monitoring the risks and impacts and how to overcome the critical situations
Great teams and fellowship
Trainer - EPC Project (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great camaraderie
Cons: Budget cuts - as with any responsible organization.
Endless opportunities for learning and advancement.
Common goal very evident in the culture.
Management is transparent and there is an open door policy throughout the institution.
The place was huge
Data Administrator (Former Employee), TorontoMay 4, 2015
Pros: Good colleagues
Cons: Long distance
You might need to walk a long distance from one department to another for doing your job. The people there were nice & professional.
Customer Service
Information Co-Ordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 26, 2015
Providing customer service to patients, answering the phones and computer input. When your able to make it through the day with a smile on your face then you know that everything will be alright. Seeing the patients happy makes it enjoyable, unhappy patient makes your job hard.
Senior Secretary, Lab Animal Services (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
The Hospital for Sick Children is a great place to work. It was great being a part of an initiative that strives to provide a safe and caring environment to sick children during scary and trying times.
Great work enviornment
Patient Information Clerk (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2014
Great company to work for. Staff are amazing and dedicated to providing client-centered care.
Month Long Practicum
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 1, 2014
Pros: feeling of fulfilment
Cons: rotating hours
The Hospital for Sick Children was the most exciting, unnerving and eye-opening place I have ever had the opportunity to work for.

I learned about GLPs and patient care from seasoned professionals. The most valuable thing I learned was from my experience in the phlebotomy unit. It is a never ending rush or children who are scared and many times in pain. It taught me to have compassion, but always remember that they need to have this done in order for their doctors to know what is wrong.

The people were simply amazing and always willing to help and teach.

The most enjoyable part of working at Sick Kids was knowing that in a small way I made a difference in the lives of these children.
Good mission
Controller/Finance Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2014
Excellent mission
Meet internal clients
Good morale
Lots of interesting projects
Contributing to the goal of healthier children
Productive laboratory with amazing world renowned scientists and students
Research Student in Human Biology (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: chance to work with scientists
Cons: experiments not working in some instances
One of the best places to work! An amazing laboratory with amazing scientists and students collaborating upon new scientific design and theory.
Research experience
Volunteer Research Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2014
While working as Research Assistant, I learnt about SPSS the statistical software used in studies. It was a great learning experience, as I was part of a study and got first hand experience.
Fun Work Environment
Project Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: miscommunication, lack of standards
Within IS, there are not many standards to help the employee do there job, Teams are not aware of the things that other team are doing and there is no collaboration.
Great experience
Student Volunteer at sick kids (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2014
-learn a lot about medical field
-need to be organized
-not very hard
-kind people
good place
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
thats a busy hospital, just work work work
every day u have a different work , there are 3 or 4 different position that has different responsibility, such as sepration, send out, data entry
Respiratory Therapist - ECMO specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2014
Pros: the kids
Cons: the commute
Working in the CCU was extremely stressing, but to see the kids overcome their illnesses made it all worth while. Co-workers always pulled together and management stayed on top of things.
Productive and a fun place to work
Student Administration Assistant (Former Employee), TorontoMay 13, 2014
The typical work day was to assist any administration assistant with any task that is required to be completed.
Fun work environment with supportive staff
Sick Kids Foundation - Project Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Fun work environment, supportive staff, great benefits, however sometimes the hours got long.
professional setting
Clinical Research Project Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: good pay on time
Cons: random hours and shifts and no benefits
Being a research assistant at Sick Kids was a good experience where I had the chance to be part of a research about clinical indicators of appendicitis. I did use my interview skills and techniques to motivate patients to voluntarily participate in the research. It was a fulfilling experience.
Working for a noble cause while providing leadership in managing cutting edge technology projects.
Senior Project Manager, IT PMO (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: satisfaction of working for a noble cause and doing what i like best.
Cons: long hours and continuous stress of meeting deadlines.
A typical day as a Senior Project manager includes providing leadership in managing and delivering multi-million dollar projects in the various areas of Healthcare and Services.

I have learned critical thinking, negotiation skills, and how to apply my extensive knowledge and hands on IT experience to direct resources and technology to accomplish objectives in:
1. Management and delivery of large scale, multi-million dollar Projects.
2. Leveraging & acquisition of technology based solutions for business processes.
3. RFI/RFP, Contract negotiations and procurement.

Management is very supportive. After the successful completion of a project with 18 million dollar budget which was completed on time and within allocated budget, I received a letter of appreciation from SickKids CEO and President. Another successful project of mine has been presented as a case study on how to rescue a failing project and turn it into a success story.

The hardest part of my job is to manage resources who are juggling with multiple priorities to deliver on time and within allocated budget.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the opportunity to work and interact with staff from almost every department of the organization. And the honour of working for a noble cause.
Good experience
Research Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto ONDecember 4, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: contract based
I've worked at SickKids for a 5 years. I've learned a lot while being there. The children taught me a lot of great life lessons and most of all , never to take life for granted.
We worked very independently and was managed only when we had questions or had a team meeting.
The hardest part of the job was not taking my work home with me because I'm so meticulous. However, I really did enjoy patient contact the most.