The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,625 reviews matching the search
It's not the worst, but there's room for improvement.
Sales Associate I (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 April 2017
Large turnovers, understaffed until summer, making scheduling for a life impossible. Overall customers are friendly, most will need to be taught everything. (DIY movement)
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 April 2017
At The Home Depot I learned a lot about many job skills. Data Entry, Creating accounts. Helped set up customer jobs, projects. Met great people while there.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
Busy environment lots of different products many new and interesting people. Good benefits friendly staff good working hours loved the garden center, plants,
Pros
fun christmas parties
Cons
turnover
Amazing company to build a career with
Flooring and Décor sales associate (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON4 April 2017
many opportunities came up, unfortunately was not successful but, the hiring team, have since been helping me improve and work on my skills and try again when the next opportunity comes up.
A place you will enjoy working if you understand what you're doing
Shelf stocker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
Home Depot was a great place to work, however if you didn't understand what you were selling it would make it harder. However they do make the training available to you if you ask
Work was meh employees were great
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 April 2017
The only thing that kept me around were my awesome coworkers. Managers could have been better and less lazy. they were like robots that have no gosh darn emotions
i enjoyed working at this establishment
Sales Associate (paint department) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 April 2017
In the paint department it was my job to educate customers on products such as interior and exterior paint as well as deck and sealant, i knew much about paint and little about deck preparation and renovation. they had very little patience for my lack of knowledge and never leaded me a hand in gaining or how to gain more experience for deck repair and prep.
Pros
plenty of benifits for salary and full time
Cons
very political, lots of employees like to talk you down, managers care little for satisfaction and more for result
Great Place to Work and Excel
Contractor Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2017
The Home Depot Canada provides a supportive and engaging environment in which to work and build a career. Anyone looking to grow or build upon their experience will find The Home Depot to be a great place to grow.
Pros
Great Leadership
Fast-paced and energetic workplace with a customer service FIRST attitude.
Special Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 April 2017
Working at The Home Depot allows you to enjoy your time at work, and be efficient at the same time. There is never a dull moment, and management always has your back in troubling situations.
fun place to work
LOT AND DELIVIERS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2017
Great place to work. People were great and always alot of fun to be around. Very good training to get you prepared for the job, and other associates are always willing to help you if needed.
Pros
work lunch days
Cons
schedule made 3 weeks in adanvce
Ok place to work
Sales (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 April 2017
Help customers with orders based on their needs. Offer suggestions as to what would better help them. Took part in any training offered to better understand product so I could better help customers with their needs
Pros
Positive work site
Cons
some promises not kept by managment
Great people to work with. Not for
Logistics Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON31 March 2017
I enjoyed working at Home Depot for the most part. They were always smiling and helping the costumer was and is their main focus. Unfortunately, their wages are just above minimum wage and they dont offer additional hours or pay increases regardless of time spent with the company. They hire more and more people, while their seasoned workers are offered no additional hours and struggle to keep the job
Pros
Great team and customer environment
Cons
poor wages, hours
Hard working
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 March 2017
The job was physically hard, but also busy, the people were great
and they made sure that you had knowledge about the job you where doing and what was required of you.
Cons
long hours, physcially demanding
Productive and Busy
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 March 2017
The Home Depot is always very busy. We never stop, we're always on our feet, approaching customers and trying to provide the best service that we can. It's a very fast paced, up beat environment to work in!
Great people to work with
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 March 2017
The home Depot has a great atmosphere, and the management is on the associates' side. The extensive computer training makes it easy to transition to a reliable employee.
great environment
various management etc. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
I really enjoyed working for Home Depot, thus why I worked for them for 14 years. The management team was usually very good. Retail hours and pay is never really good. The environment was very family orientated, well treated in that way. Customer service change and the directional from 1999 to 2013, I think it was better in the earlier years.
Pros
great people and atmosphere
Cons
poor pay
Environnement employés
Associé de la réception et a la manutention (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC29 March 2017
Une super équipe en magasin avec une équipe chaleureux et solidaire.
Les journées ne se ressemblent pas et cela amène a des défis tous les jours
J'ai appris a délégué certaines choses
Apprendre a travailler avec différents styles et humeurs des gens
être autonome car il n'y a souvent de boss aux heures achalandés
Manque juste un peu de flexibilité dans le cheminement de carrières
Pros
Avantages sociaux, chaleur des employés, services hors pairs
Cons
Manque de supervision, manque d'écoute, communication lente
Fine
Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
very clean working environment. very structured task-orientated atmosphere. management was really good and always offering help and percise training..
The Best Job You'll Ever Have
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 March 2017
Management was hands down the best that I have ever experienced. Every manager was genuinely kind, friendly and happy to help with whatever the situation was. Working for the Home Depot has many benefits like tuition reimbursement (for only certain programs, which is why I have decided to resign as it does no reimburse my program and does not coincide with my busy class and study schedule), also Home Depot offers a great health and benefit plan. My only reason of leaving is that they cannot provide the amount of hours that I need in order to survive as a student. It is truly the best place you can work at and I 10/10 recommend it.
good part time job with benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 March 2017
good part time job with benefits, just could get paid more since you must learn product knowledge on a vast amount of products and brands unlike other part time workplaces.
Pros
food, benefits
Cons
poor management organization and coverage and wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval