The Home Depot Employee Reviews

On your feet all day
Lumber and building materials associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 September 2017
If you can handle being on your feet most of the day then the Home Depot is for you. Good managers and nice people to work with. There a thousands of products so there is a lot to learn.
Great Work Environment
Seasonal, Flooring and Millwork Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 September 2017
- The scheduling is very flexible
- There is lots of training for new associates so you'll never be overwhelmed on your first day on the floor
- There are occasional free events like free pizza lunches
- It is a great part-time job for students.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Easy to be productive with only a little effort.
Overnight freight associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 September 2017
Working here is pretty good, as a night owl I enjoyed being up and just logging away at a stack of boxes until the end of shift, I learned how to better organize overstock and handle task management better, tyhe workplace is safe and can be quite comforting when all you do is walk in and out of aisles with your carts. the hardest part of the joc for me was the initial sleep schedule reset, but after you get used to that it's a cinch. and the most enoyable part of the job was the ease of organizing the stock, just picking up tricks to make the stock go awa faster you really get a feel for the work and get into a groove.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sleep schedule was initially hard to keep up with
na
lot associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
nothing much to say worked here part time the hours are inconsistent and part time is required to work every weekend which was an overall pain in my side
fun place to work at
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 September 2017
i enjoyed my time there. i am looking for full time job but i still want to keep my job there. wonderful management and coworkers. its a place i would recommend.
Pros
people
Cons
not enough hours
Fun work enviroment
Tool Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Good for a temp job while your still in school. Management in my location could have been significantly better. They do not treat employees well so don't expect any nice treatment.
Lot/Cashier
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
Customer service for all carry out. Pushing the carts back inside the store. Cleaning the lot. Line up cashier support. Pick up the materials to the customer's special orders.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Short hours
I loved my position as Cross merchandiser
Vault Associate/ Cross Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 September 2017
I started as a vault associate and moved to Cross Merchandiser. I fully enjoyed this position as I had to be very creative, well organized, and at times very challenging. This position was eliminated due to a fulfillment team coming into play.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 September 2017
Good support from the senior level employees, good learning experience, balance between personal life and professional life. Overall a good learning and working experience.
Pros
Good place to work for
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with possibilities of growth and advancement
Bilingual Call Center Agent (Front Line Agent) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Great job, not stressful, very cooperative team.
I did enjoy working here as the work environment is very friendly and feels like home away from home.
Stocking products.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 September 2017
My job was stocking products, organizing boxings, cleaning the garage, sweeping the floors, cleaning the premises, helping with costumers. it was a good way to with others.
Friendly and fun place to work
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 September 2017
Really nice to work as a part time or as a student who need work during school period. Safe and friendly work environment makes everyone works safely as well as some fun.
Workplace culture
Lumber & Building Materials Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2017
the friendliness of the staff is exceptional, never a dull place to work. Always have people to lean back on for support. A typical day at work mostly consists of walking the aisles and engaging customers and supporting their needs in the aisles. Maintaining the in stock is important in keeping customers happy with our one stop shopping experience that we promote. A Lot of workplace activities to keep all staff happy and the reason why Home Depot is such a diverse employer.
This was an interesting experience
Cashier, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 September 2017
This was a seasonal job on a casual basis, although my offer of employment letter specified part-time.

I learned the layout of the store, and how to operate the particular brand of Point of Sale registers.

The hardest part of the job was spending hours on my feet wearing steel-toed boots.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Scheduling
Fun place to work part-time, but not secure long-term
Special Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 September 2017
I enjoy working with most of the associates in my department and most of the customers that I deal with.

Some days are harder than others, depending on how many people you have to cover your breaks and lunches. But overall, the work itself is rewarding and helping customers is satisfying.

The only issue I have is - their wages are terrible. I feel like I am working a mid-level job, but being paid the minimum salary for it. The amount of responsibilities I have do not correspond correctly to the money I earn maintaining those duties. And the raises we get every year are in pennies, not dollars.

If Home Depot paid their employees more and gave more benefits, they wouldn't have such a high turnover as they do now.
Pros
Friendly work environment, light-hearted atmosphere, free lunches (sometimes paid)
Cons
Horrible job security and salary/benefits
bad
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON8 September 2017
Great company, I would recommend for anyone who's interested in the tech industry and loves a company who cares about its employees. Great benefits and company culture is top notc
Good Coworkers
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 September 2017
Great people you meet,Awesome coworkers, Family Oriented Learning new things everyday also meeting great people from other business would recommend people to apply
Pros
Free BBQ, Awesome Christmas Partys
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Place for first job
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 September 2017
The staff is excellent.
I was working at night. I had not experience customer service. Most associates in the store work directly with customer service. But I was too lucky because I was an overnight stocker.
great
Tool Rental Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON6 September 2017
awesome place to work. you get treated very well by supervisors/managers and all other staff members. a very involved store to work for, can learn a lot with the broad selection within the store.
Don't work here if you want a career.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
Terrible management, scheduling is a nightmare, they expect you to do the work of 3 people in a very short time frame. The only positive thing I can say about working here is that the hours are flexible, UNLESS it interferes with them of course.

If you don't plan on staying long, by all means apply. However, if you are planning on a career, run. Run away. I have worked here 4+ years and have not seen any advancement, and don't bother trying because any extra responsibilities you are given do not come with an increase in pay or benefits. Full time hours, part time employee. Doesn't change.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Part-time benefits
Cons
Bad scheduling, terrible management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.