The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,730 reviews matching the search
Home Depot
Escalation revolutionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
Very stressful environment management sucks and the play favourites. Not a very good overall rating but they do have good benefits package and bonus at end of year
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible amount of stress
it an ok place to work
Appliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON6 June 2017
good company , fun, learning many things there , the management team could be more clear on a few things and be on the same page as each other, store needs more communication
It is nice place to work
Merchandiser Execution Associate (MET) (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 June 2017
People are nice environment is good, but it is hard to get promotion as management promote there favorite most. steel toe shoes hurt alot but there insurance plan is great
Pros
nice people, diversity
Cons
standard salary
Productive workplace
LUMBER SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON5 June 2017
Great place to work, great training, low pay for the amount of physical work you put in. No extra pay for learning to use heavy equipment (I.e. Reach truck, forklift, etc.)
Pros
Decent management, great training and coworkers
Cons
low pay for physical labor and knowledge of heavy equipment
It was nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2017
It was a good part time job. the management was amazing and very accepting of whoever you are. As a Transman I have a hard time telling employers my preferred pronouns, but everyone was so cool about it.
Pros
great staff
Cons
sporadic hours
an OK place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 June 2017
The Home Depot is an OKAY place to work, if you are okay with not being recognized for the work you put in. Are payed less than a lot of the work you put in, and don't plan on moving up
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Bad Hours, Not Recognized for the work you do as a lower associate, overworked compared to pay
Productive and creative workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 June 2017
Regular process of scaning products
friendly customer service
application for credit cards
participation in different activitiessuch as health and safty projects
customers very much culture priority
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 June 2017
the learning was around home improvement and how to build and create new projects with the customer

Most enjoyable part of the job was customer engagement
Night Merchandiser at Home Depot
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Landford BC5 June 2017
I start work at 9 pm with rally- meeting to go over company safety and work for the night, followed by stretching. I work on major projects and resets. I remove old product and clearance product and add new product as per planogram. Sometimes this requires to change elevations of steel or add steel beams to the bays. I build displays vanities, toilets, many lights including wiring. I also organize the product, packdown to fill the shelves, replace all price labels on big projects, and sequence the bays. Sequencing is the order in the computer that products go as per the planograms. I work until 7:30 am with a half hour luch. Monday-Thursday nights.
Pros
Enjoy the people at my store, Love my job.
Cons
Long nights
Not bad but not the greatest.
Tool Rental Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Fun to work when you get to know your colleuges. Despite the odd bad customer you can always vent to someone and they will know where you're coming from.
Pros
Benefits for part timers. Free lunches, great Christmas parties, fun events, and alot experience life and work related, from the old timers that have been there for a while.
Cons
Departments are not always fully staffed so you might have to cover, pays not the best, depends on the store but management can be backward sometimes.
Great people.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 June 2017
Great people. Not a lot of hours available for most part-time positions. Pay is not great and the benefits for part-time aren't great. Seems to be high expectations for the rate of pay and with the number of staff working at a given time.
Productive and fun place to work
Head Cashier / Supervisor (Front End) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2017
Home Depot is a great working place, enabling the individual to focus on exceptional customer service and leadership skills to overall encompass the retail environment.
Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON2 June 2017
Loved working at THD
Cons: Low
pay ( min wage and .25cent/hour increase once a year...
No set hours could be 30 one week and 5 the next - really hard to plan life around
High expectation expert knowledge but only a few staff earn more than min..regardless of performance
Incentives go to popular people

PRO
If you can get full time - good benefits
Some for part time
If you work hard you can advance
Worked with some great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 June 2017
Worked with some really awesome people and some great characters.
Generally flexible schedules.
Sometimes understaffed but people do their best to get by
Recommended
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 May 2017
This was the first company that I worked for when we migrated here in Canada. I can say that the people were great, as well as the management. I worked as a Lot Associate and I could say that the worst part of the job was working in the winter. But I would recommend this company. Great place.
No Equal Opportunity
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
It is a good company, but too many cliques and no equal opportunity. They don,t deal with issues properly and most things are swept under the rug.....
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Abuse of power
Fun, busy place to work with great management
Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
The hardest part of job is juggling so many responsibilities and dealing with potentially challenging personalities on your team. You're given many opportunities to participate in training to help you prioritize, manage your work load and deal with things like difficult conversations, etc. The best parts of the job are that you're always busy and never bored, the benefits are excellent, the schedule is consistent and management is supportive.
Pros
Excellent work schedule and benefits
Cons
Hourly wages
Hard work no ping pong table
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
I love to help people and I enjoyed working there. There are plenty of professional courses to take and I learned a lot. I have good memories from that time.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Concrete floors
just run
Retail Cashier- Part time (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
the best way to describe working for home depot is bring plenty of Advil because not only are the customers a headache but the depending on the staff aka the older staff members you will need it and at that point just run. im not saying all the staff are impossible to work with and that dont follow there own rules but expect everyone else to follow them but thats what im saying but luckily there are some gems who you can trust to have your back while working but u haft to find them and trust me its not management or for the cashiers anyone higher then you.
Pros
what pros
Cons
no social life
Typical retail setting
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 May 2017
typical retail setting - the only difference being the extreme importance on customer service (which I love). As an employee you have the support from management to take care of the customer.

The culture at my store is great, we're like a family.

Hardest part of the job is balancing work/personal life. Your schedule will be all over the place whether you're full time or part time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.