The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,451 reviews matching the search
great people and great benefits but not a great working wage
Appliance sales specialist (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 November 2016
too many issues with certain department supervisors who leave their work for others to do for them... the real workers do the brunt of the work and the department supervisors reap all the benefits.
Pros
add-ons
Cons
wage
Culture d'entreprise forte
Associé aux ventes I (Current Employee) –  Granby, QC10 August 2016
Chez Home Depot, la culture d'entreprise est définie et elle est forte. L'esprit d'équipe est certainement la plus forte, l'endraide, le développement tant professionnel que personnel, la santé et la sécurité, le retour à la collectivité. D'excellents avantages sociaux font partie de la rémunération globale. Tout employé avec des compétences et des interêts en vente et service à la clientèle peut aspirer à une carrière à long terme chez Home Depot.
Pros
Esprit d'équipe, formation continue, avantages sociaux après 3 mois
Very interesting job
Kitchen and bath sales and design (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 January 2017
I learned to plan out kitchens and help with design ideas, I did 2 months of design training, I spent a lot of time training but never felt comfortable doing anything by myself
Pros
Good wages
Cons
management are lazy
Decent place to work but some miscommunication between managers causes confusion on a daily basis
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 August 2016
Typical day at work is usually fairly busy. You learn to prioritize your time according to your daily tasks that are given. The hardest part of the job is the general lack of communication between departments and the manager. For the most part it is a good place to work, especially if you are seeking part time employment .
greet
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Nothing to say about home depot very culture and greet work place to grow and learn greet things. building a home meeting new people and understanding new culture lots of friends that still work for home depot and HR.
Pros
good stuff
Cons
choose battles
nice place to work, a little slow at times
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 December 2016
i liked working at home depot, the people were nice and had a friendly atmosphere but unfortunately, in my position anyways, it tended to be a little slow and then i had to leave due to personal reasons
Home Depot experence
Department Liaison and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON15 December 2016
Enjoy working with customers Always eager to learn new products. Multi tasked and provided the best plus 1 customer service. Customers came back looking for my knowledge and for me.
Pros
short lunch
Being equal as one
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2017
Home Depot is a really good place to work, you get to learn a bunch of new cool things, you get to meet and talk to great customers and coworkers. Customers get to know you and look forward to see you working and being their cashier. Being a cashier has taught me a lot of how to treat people. You're taking these people money, and they're what pay my paychecks. A lot of times I deal with people after a long day at work or whatever, their daily lives, I'm the last person they see before leaving the store, they could be having a terrible day and they might be rude and careless but at the end of the I will always act professional if a customer is being rude because they might be having a bad day you never want to make that situation worse than it already is, you have to be nice and friendly just because it might brighten up their day, you never know whats going on in their lives. Always put the customers before yourself while on the floor.
Pros
good staff, option of 30 mins or a hour lunch, pretty flexible hour, good staff
Cons
not enough hours in the winter
Great company and benifts
Business System Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
Involved in a lot social work.
Promotes to help society and does a lot for society.
Very positive environment.
Great benifts for part time employees which most companies don't give. Also plenty or perks being company employee, discount with partnering companies.
Is a great company to work for
Cashier, Paints, Flooring, Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
I began as a cashier and very quickly moved up, and into different departments. There's always room to grow, to learn and always opportunities. I thoroughly enjoyed my placements there.
Pleasant atmosphere
Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 August 2016
Worked in "Special Services" dept, served customers in person and on the phone whose orders were incorrect or unavailable. Phoned customers when their orders arrived, recorded daily sales, expidited items for orders and inventory.
Pros
Staff was amazing
Cons
Company relied too much on computer numbers and not customer service.
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2017
The Home Depot provides their employees with a respectful, diversified and customer service oriented environment to work in.

The leadership team are always supportive and encourage team work. They respect my innovative ideas I suggest to them in team meetings. Consistent work related training is required to ensure I am following all the policies of the company and also to keep me updated on new procedures, systems and product knowledge. I know I am very fortunate to work in this type of environment.

I definitely feel I am part of The Home Depot "Team", and thoroughly enjoy working here.
Pros
Appreciation and Recognition by Management
Cons
The Seasonal Dept. can be a very chaotic department to work in, as the products are consistently changing all the time, therefore, it is extremely important to be able to multi-task constantly, following directives from many different managers often at the same time, which at times can become stressful. Therefore, you must know and be guided by your priorities each day.
Lousy, incompetent Department Supervisor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place13 February 2017
Good company to work for but the Department Supervisor is hated by many of the employees. Apply for any position except cash!
Pros
Friendly associartes
Cons
Favoritism gets people promoted, not competency.
great place to work
i am in many different areas (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 January 2017
I have been employed with the Home Depot for three years. I left to find a full time job, however I really missed working at the Home Depot and would like to return.
Pros
awesome people to work for
Cons
not enough hours
Friendly place to work, very accommodating management, great support.
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep/ Returns - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2016
A typical day involved providing excellent customer service, and making sure the clients needs were met or exceeded. Management was very supportive with answering questions and resolving problems. The staff and coworkers always worked together as a team.
Most enjoyable was the interaction with clients and staff alike.
Pros
Flexibility of the job. Benefits for part-time workers.
educational place to work
cashier and customer service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 January 2017
Working at Home Depot was a fun job. It was a great place to work as a cashier. Everyone at Home Depot was helpful and would teach you new things. I liked dealing with the customers on a daily bases.
great place to be
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 January 2017
it is a great place to work... we are big family...
you make friends at work easily... good work environment
you always learn something new each day
Pros
good pay
Cons
hours get cut and you have to wait by the phone to get a call to get more hours..
good place to work
Department Supervisor/On Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
management looks after associates free traing provide special fun days example bbqs fun hat days return customer as for associates by name and only want to deal with them
Pros
free training
Cons
no extra hrs
Enjoyable working with the Contractors and Customers
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 July 2016
Dealing with Contractors and Customers on their specific projects is satisfying when you assisted them in getting what they need in a timely manner.
Working with and training of staff to ensure they can provide the right information and knowledge to the customer in a manner which is not offensive is also very satisfying.
The positive feed back, returning clients and referrals, assures you that you have provided the ultimate customer service
Pros
Returning contractors and customers
Cons
Timely supply of goods and stock levels
Honest work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON30 January 2017
Hope you never plan on having a car or moving out of your parents house. Minimum wage no benefits. Even if you do some how get full time you won't make more then the poverty level for about 5 years.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No money to made