The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,293 reviews matching the search
good company
DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 20, 2016
I appreciate the extra mile HD goes for development of Associate . joined as Part time associate and grwon to Dept Supervisor
Pros
Great company
Cons
Unfriendly for highly ambitious
Standard Retail position
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 20, 2016
Home Depot was a good place to work as a student part time during the school year and closer to full time in the summer. It would be considered a typical retail experience for a big box chain.
Home Depot
Professional Account Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 19, 2016
working at the home depot is an excellent way to hone customer service skills, each day presents new challenges trying to meet and exceed our customers needs.
loved it,
Night Shift Lumber Associate/Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJune 19, 2016
It was a filler job as i was laid off from main employer at the time, great experience, loved the work, returned to other job.
Pros
working with wood and tools my specialty
Cons
night shift
Typical Big Box Company
Merchandising Execution Team (Former Employee) –  Langford, BCJune 19, 2016
I worked for home depot for approximately 4 years. They offer benefits to both part-time and full-time employees which is nice. The wage and hours are pretty on par with any other "big box" company.
Pros
They have a lot of free/inexpensive lunch days and celebrate "Cashier Appreciation Month"
Cons
Long hours, seldom enough trained staff and never enough hours to go around for all the staff.
co-op placement
Co-Op Student/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 16, 2016
Co- op placement for high school, gave me retail experience, working with customers helping with questions, knowledge of products, organize shelves, keep stocked up, help bring items and help customers put them into vehicles
My time with Home Depot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 15, 2016
The staff were easy to get along with, however I found that the management wasn't very coordinated. The workplace conditions were fine if a little disorganized at times. I found the hardest part of the job was putting up with the monotony of the routine and the lack of proper training, often you're left to fend for yourself. I enjoyed being around the other staff and customers as we got along quite well.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lack of hours
An incredible job
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 15, 2016
The job was easy, it was fun, everyone there made you feel good about yourself and you never felt left out
Great Place To Work
Lumber Sales Associate/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 14, 2016
I love working at the Home Depot. The managers are fair and easy-going, and the work is not very stressful. Most of the fellow employees are in good spirits and always have smiles on their faces. The biggest issue here is pay. The job pays very poorly and when the store is not that busy, your hours can get cut.
Paint department to all departments
Sales Associate Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 13, 2016
Great environment store manager cares about everyone. Really understanding HR and they truly strive to create an inclusive fun place to work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
part time = 39.5
Miss Working at the Brandon Home Depot
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBJune 13, 2016
Great company and people to work for as they really do care for you. I was given many skills to learn and was helped along my journey.
Home depot
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONJune 13, 2016
I don't mind working here, people are great,very helpful, pay is not bad executable with my experience, hours are bit long. drive is a bit tiring some times.
Pros
staff bbq, s, great events, free snacks sometimes
Cons
Long hours, for it not being so busy.
Great working enviorment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 13, 2016
Wonderful co-workers and customers. I have learned so much working at home depot and trained in every department and all machines to give customers a great experience at Home depot.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
not enough people working hence why i have to learn all the departments
not fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 9, 2016
Good co-workers and lower management, upper management was very poor and made the job very difficult to perform at higher levels of effectiveness and efficiency
Great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed working outdoors, also enjoyed being surrounded by very knowledgeable employees. Picked up many valuable skills that i carried on to other employments.
Pros
Enjoyed working outdoors
Cons
Long periods of time spent standing
Easy going, fun place to work
Paint Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 7, 2016
I really enjoy working for the Home Depot for my amazing coworkers, and all the benefits that come with the job. When the company is successful there are often free lunches, and fun things done for the associates. I really like that Home Depot is very transparent with their employees by letting associates know of sales that the store has been making.
Pros
Free lunches, great coworkers
Cons
Unreliable hours, and scheduling
Productive and positive workplace
Front End Sales and Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 7, 2016
Learn a lot of everyday necessities. Gain experience handling customer problems. My job responsibilities include building relationships with customers and contractors to ensure a great customer experience and both win-win situation for the company and the customer. I have been in many difficult situations where I have to figure out solutions to different problems independently, not stopping until some resolution has been made.
Great Workplace, low wage
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 6, 2016
Working there was good. no hassle. Learned a lot about customer service, Co-workers all worked together and were very nice. Hardest part of job was getting to all calls at the same time, most enjoyable part was just being there. its a great environment.
Pros
Discount at Harvey's, Benefits
Cons
Low Wage
Great Atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 6, 2016
Great co-workers, and great management. Management is persistent on keeping associates on track and making sales goals.
Pros
Paid Breaks
environnement de travail agréable et intéressant
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJune 6, 2016
les journées de travail sont chargées, pleines de nouvelles choses à apprendre. J'ai développé des aptitudes d'adaptation et d'apprentissages rapide pour intégrer l'équipe. Le plus difficile dans le travail c'est l'elaboration des plans de cuisine et les calculs pour le dimensions de comptoire. Le plus agréable c'est l'harmonie de groupe ce qui faisait que j'avais envie chaque matin d'aller travailler.