The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Nice place to work but not enough staff
ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 October 2017
The work culture and coworkers at the home depot it the best part of working there. Everyone one is fun and very helpful to new comers.

You can learn a lot about good work ethic and sales but you have to put in the time to learn and study your department or you will we lost.

You get a lot of hours if you work hard but they will take advantage of you at the same time to work harder than others that get the same pay as you do.

The worse part about working at the Home depot is there is never enough staff when the peak times hit and you will be running around like a crazy person. I find it easy because I'm used to that kind of situation but for someone that is starting out that will want to quit and I have see it happen too.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Not enough staff
Night shifts
Pack down Associate (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC3 October 2017
Team was really great. I had a lot of fun working there the first time. The second time one of the managers was horrible and was disrespectful to the other employees and myself.
Home Depot
Retail Staffing Manager Eastern Region (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
The company is very metrics oriented and focused on the bottom line. This causes a lot of constant change on a weekly basis with people chasing down answers to which are not needed.
Not pleasant
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 October 2017
The overall atmosphere of the building was not pleasant. Managers would favor other employees. Management was not overly willing to work with the staff to meet the needs of the staff with regards to scheduling.
Pros
Foosball table
Cons
Night time hours
Good Place to work, but not so great hours.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON2 October 2017
I felt that working at home depot gave me great experience, but they didn't give me enough hours that I needed to pay off debts that I have from going to school.
Diversified workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 September 2017
The good place to work as a part-timer, but not for those who need to earn a living. The management is good as they valued diversity, everyone is fairly managed.
Great Place to Work
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2017
Home Depot is a fun place to work. They demonstrate respect for all people and giving back to the community. You receive share the success when they meet plan. The also company match RRSPS. They are a diversified company that demonstrates inclusion.
Was a good and company to work for, was very versitile
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC27 September 2017
The Home Depot was a great place to work, they were very flexable with my work schedule and they had a nice and very helpful human resorce team. The Home Depot is good a keeping you and the team safe.
Pros
They would supply lunch some times
Cons
Did not work with anyone my own age
enjoyable
(Merchandising Execution Team) Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON27 September 2017
Good people, great environment. feel welcome and comfortable at work. i started with little to no knowledge about home improvement methods and or handyman skills but have improved by leaps and bounds. learned quite a lot in the first few months.
Great place to work at!!
Merchandise Execution Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC27 September 2017
friendly co- workers.
fun place to work at.
always busy with work which is good for me because i like to work.
I really could not find anything hard about the job because the provided me with the right training at the right time.
Pros
Social engagements
Cons
I feel the pay was a bit low!

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
intensive flooring department
Flooring Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON27 September 2017
-had to manage most of my department since manager and coworkers were absent

-learned how to cut carpet, runners and several types of blinds. Placing special orders for flooring and blinds. Assisted customers with other personal projects.
Fun place to work
Lot associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON24 September 2017
The Home depot is very good place to work, and the management is very good. I learned a lot from this job, and loved working with the people. The hardest part of the job is when there is no customers in the store.
Pros
Every associate is happy to work there
Cons
It can be slow at times
Retail Position with potential for advancement
Sale Associate - Plumbing & Electrical (Former Employee) –  Westmount, Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
If I could improve one thing there, it would be the training. They could do a much better job teaching the technical knowledge needed to really help customers. I had to learn on the job, which was pretty difficult and frustrating, especially when the company advertises that their employees are supposed to be there to help.

If you are looking for a a career in retail and want to learn how to manage a department or a store, The Home Depot will invest time in helping you learn that part of the business.

Most of the management team were approachable, easy to work for and cared about their employees. They seemed to be have a lot of additional tasks outside of their departments that took them away from really running their respective business units effectively.

The company really took the culture they preach to heart. The management team did a great job recognizing when employees did the right thing according to their values.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to help customers because I didn't have enough background knowledge that was specific to my department.

The best part of the job was when I felt I really was able to help someone.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, good benefits
Cons
Low pay
good temporary
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB20 September 2017
people pick favorites here and it sucks, my yearly raise was out beat by the minimum wage by 2 days. its hard to book days off without complication. the people there are great though, youll make really good friends and bonds with the community. hard to move into departments or part time to full time and other people get moved constantly
Pros
they bring food in quite a bit
Cons
play favorites
people wer nice to work with.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
job is very interesting, because you are working in many different departments, stocking shells from daily receiving, very busy every night , only bed things is the hours of work , usually 10:30 to 6:30 .
Pros
it is good learning job for getting to know a lot of differnt parts.
Cons
night shift
On your feet all day
Lumber and building materials associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 September 2017
If you can handle being on your feet most of the day then the Home Depot is for you. Good managers and nice people to work with. There a thousands of products so there is a lot to learn.
Great Work Environment
Seasonal, Flooring and Millwork Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 September 2017
- The scheduling is very flexible
- There is lots of training for new associates so you'll never be overwhelmed on your first day on the floor
- There are occasional free events like free pizza lunches
- It is a great part-time job for students.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Easy to be productive with only a little effort.
Overnight freight associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 September 2017
Working here is pretty good, as a night owl I enjoyed being up and just logging away at a stack of boxes until the end of shift, I learned how to better organize overstock and handle task management better, tyhe workplace is safe and can be quite comforting when all you do is walk in and out of aisles with your carts. the hardest part of the joc for me was the initial sleep schedule reset, but after you get used to that it's a cinch. and the most enoyable part of the job was the ease of organizing the stock, just picking up tricks to make the stock go awa faster you really get a feel for the work and get into a groove.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sleep schedule was initially hard to keep up with
na
lot associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
nothing much to say worked here part time the hours are inconsistent and part time is required to work every weekend which was an overall pain in my side
fun place to work at
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 September 2017
i enjoyed my time there. i am looking for full time job but i still want to keep my job there. wonderful management and coworkers. its a place i would recommend.
Pros
people
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.