The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,623 reviews matching the search
chaîne de production
Contrôleur de qualité (Former Employee) –  Maine-et-Loire18 April 2017
C'est un travail de routine d'une bonne exigence physique.
informative
Sales and Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 April 2017
informative, hours are not guaranteed, hours mostly depend on season, can cross-train which I did to increase hours. friendly associates, team players
Enjoyable place to work with great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON18 April 2017
I loved going to work here. You have so many opportunities to learn new things and it's like a family.
I started as a Cashier but you get the opportunity to learn any department you like. I moved to seasonal and it was the perfect department for me! I liked that there was always thints to learn and do. Always room to grow.
Stable employment, good work package, equitable wages
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 April 2017
Provided a basic income and stable, part-time position. Management emphasized the development of culture and provided above-average work packages/benefits for their employees.
Bad
MERCHANDISING EXECUTIVE TEAM (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 April 2017
Manager didn't know what he was doing and treated his employees with disrespect no matter how hard we worked. The job wasnt hard, the hardest part was lfiting heavy items.
Home depot has a good working enviormant
Cashier and tool Rental Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 April 2017
Home depot is a good working place with good supervisors and good knowledge building enviorment . They treat their associates very well. I came to learn and adapt the most good human being values working with them
Pros
Good enviorment
Cons
There are no disadvantages
Part time Summer Job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 April 2017
As a part time associate at the Home Depot I did learn a great deal about customer service as well as digging to find a customer objections, This was definitely the beginning of my skill development in a seasonal position.
Thd
NIGHT FREIGHT CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
The Home Depot was a good place to work,
Shifts were as expected,
Management was as expected.
Culture was as expected.
Customers were also as expected.
Fun work place with nicest employees
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
My 8 hours shift in a typical day would be like; greeting customers at the front door because I was the last person in contact, helping customer with loading and unloading, and making sure that there are enough carts for customer.
This was my first job. I have learnt a lot from this job. I have learnt how to work in a past paced work environment, have to satisfy and deal with customer.
Work environment was great. all the employees were super friendly and nice. Everyone knew they all have one job to do and that is provide excellent customer service.
Fighting against the weather. For my job I frequently had to go outside in the parking lot, so tolerating +40 in summer and -40 in winter was the hardest part for me.
Meeting different kind of people and talking with them was the most enjoyable part.
PRoductive Fun and stressful
Cashier/SCO/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 April 2017
Very good place for a part time job. A lot of opportunity to go further. Can learn a lot. So much interaction with different level of people. Nice multi cultural place.
poor lower management
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 April 2017
While there are some wonderful employees and members of upper management, I have struggled to have basic conversations with my immediate supervisor and his manager. There is a lack of communication, complete failure to properly train new employees (computer training without interaction) and a lack of ownership and vision to rectify existing issues. Lower management is responsible for the attrition I have seen over the past year.
Great place to work if you do not have other responsibilities
Windows and Doors specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON and Milton, ON10 April 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. However due to the fact i was in school and they required me to work a certain amount of hours i was left stranded and forced to leave
General Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2017
It was indeed a pleasure to work at Home Depot as the management of Home Depot was very cooperative and supportive.Learned a group work as how to deal in any particular situations and moreover, workplace culture was so enjoyable as I was able to learn so many new things being a fresher there.
Very nice coworkers
Customer service (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 April 2017
Managers friend's move up the ladder in the organization. You can win the best employee but you won't even consider to move up the ladder. Learn to deal with different characters
productive
Overnight Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 April 2017
it's very good place to work at. good associates,Overall good team
every one very nice.was able to learn lot about the products,use the hand held device ,scan and update the products.
Pros
the first to know about the flyer
Cons
Grave yard shift was very tiring.
not great
Merchandise Execution Team (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 April 2017
Good place to work with the exception of bosses of the particular department i was working for. they made it hard for me to return to work after an injury. made it uncomfortable
on average rate.
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
it is really fun to work with home depot. also it is good for students and new comers. pay rate is low but also giving benefit for health and profit sharing as well.
Fast paced workplace with great experience
Service Desk/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON5 April 2017
My duties as a service desk associate included assisting customers with returns, exchanges and work orders. I also provided excellent customer service with concern for customer needs. This job taught me how to provide satisfaction through excellent customer service and my knowledge of store policy and products. The workplace here was excellent but could be very fast paced.
It's not the worst, but there's room for improvement.
Sales Associate I (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 April 2017
Large turnovers, understaffed until summer, making scheduling for a life impossible. Overall customers are friendly, most will need to be taught everything. (DIY movement)
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 April 2017
At The Home Depot I learned a lot about many job skills. Data Entry, Creating accounts. Helped set up customer jobs, projects. Met great people while there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval