The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,495 reviews matching the search
Great company depending on the management team per location
Operations (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 August 2016
Great company depending on the management team per location.
Could be the best or worst of working environments. Way too much freedom of management types left unchallenged from outside of each location. The concept of the Home Depot culture is great and if followed was a wonderful work environment.
Pros
Excellent culture and great employees.
Cons
Managemnt styles
It's okay but....
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2016
At first it nice to work here. Helping customer is fun but in the long run too much politics and back stabbing.. if they want to get rid of you they will give a hard time so that you will quit and denied all your schedule request.
Pros
Good co worker
Cons
Management and some ASM
Fun and challenging work place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2017
The Home Depot was filled with friendly co-workers who were never shy to give a helping hand. The atmosphere was great with hard working individuals in each department and in management. It was rewarding when you saw a smile pop up on a customers face after you had helped them find what they were looking for. The Home Depot was a great job!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Frustrated customers at times
Productive Work place
Cashier/Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB30 November 2016
While working at Home Depot, I was treated fairly and equally. The hardest part of being a cashier was the repetition but the best part was socializing with customers and making sure they left happy. I found near the end of my career at the Home Depot was that I wasn't given enough hours and enough pay in order to continue working there.
Pros
On holidays we had to work we got fed fun lunches, and I got to work and meet awesome people and gain new retail experience.
Cons
Not enough hours
Very good team inter department relations
Associé aux ventes, spécialiste dép. plomberie (Current Employee) –  St-Henri, Montreal QC18 October 2016
Good working atmosphere with colleagues and management.
On going "Formation" keeps us informed on new technologies.
Management always try to improve well being.
Slow supply line makes it difficult to do your work fully and the lack of local power is difficult for direct management to address problems.
It's a big machine with slow response time.
Pros
Many social and training activities organized for employees
Cons
Slow response time on supply, lack of local management power, schedule limitations and restrictions
Good place to work with plenty opportunity for long term employment and advancement.
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 March 2017
It's a good company to work for but the culture in the workplace is deteriorating. There is a lot of jealousy between co-workers. The work is not difficult and there is help when available.
Great place to work with a family environment
Head Cashier and Hardware Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 January 2017
Working at the Home Depot is a great experience. It is a fun place to work at and there is a great chance for bettering yourself. The focus on customer service at Home Depot has allowed me to build my interpersonal skills that I believe will be a great help in any and all my future plans.
Pros
Benefits even for part time
If you wanna grow, The this is the place to be
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Great organization with a rich culture and growth opportunity. Such a market leader with service and innovation that the Wall street think that this is a future growth company.
good company
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 September 2016
overall good company with a family like culture, not much room for growth, management team is supportive. fun and laid back workplace
Great employer-employee relationship
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 April 2016
Great culture to begin your career at, they offer great benefits for those that are part time as well as full time. At a store level, all associates are treated equally and fairly and in confidence can voice their opinions and be heard.
Pros
great benefits, flexible schedules and management that encourages growth
Cons
Some tasks can by physically demanding
Free lunches and great support from management
CSR/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan BC4 March 2017
I loved working at the Home depot. The management team that was there when I worked there was great and supportive. The only reason I didnt return after my maturnity leave was there my position was not longer there
Pros
Great support and mangement
Great place to work at, big room for promotion within
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 February 2017
Great people and great place to work at. Meet new people everyday and the staff will support you no matter what and will be lenient towards you as long as you do your job.
Pros
Great management
Cons
hours are not fixed. Morning are tough sometimes.
Best job had lots of fun great team.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 March 2017
Daily briefing, staff up dates, positive environment, learned about how to provide the best customer service. Provided great opportunity for advancement with training.
Pros
Always reward potluck, bbq, pizza, great team player.
Cons
Summer very busy, lots of fun.
Nice place to work but money is not enough.
Flooring/Decor Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 February 2017
A regular work day consists of opening the store with a morning rally with all staff to get day started. Then we do a daily safety inspection of our areas.The rest of the day is customer service and stocking to keep store neat and organize.

I really enjoy working with the customers and helping build their projects or help them set up someone to come install their projects.

My only con really is the heavy work load in my department and being on your feet all day takes a toll on the back.

Home Depot is a good company to work for and tries to make sure their employees needs are met.
Pros
Great team I work with, never lay off, flexible for days off and special needs.
Cons
Low wages/Heavy labour/Awards are taxed/Rules don't apply for everyone
Great place to work, people are great and decent part time pay.
Paint Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 July 2016
Great work culture that creates a very social and positive work area while being focused on training and great service to customers. A lot of experience in organization and team building. Part time pay is quite little and benefits and minimal.
Pros
Friendly environment with great experience.
Cons
In-consistent hours and low pay.
Amazing Place
INBOUND-OUTBOUND SHIPPER& RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
getting recipe and mixing ingredients
cleaning dishes
sanitization
filling up the empty bins with product
washing and moping floors
the management was good and the CEO openly visits the production
Pros
free cookies cakes pastries coffe
Cons
too hot and no benefits
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2017
Would work there again if the opportunity arises in this area
Company has a great training program
they have a strong team effort
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Limited technology
The worst place to work unless you are lazy
Night shift stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2016
Very little pay I am 50 and worked very hard and the other people are like 20 to 30 and do very little and move up fast and play on there phone lost plus they do not know how to do proper management work their .
So if you every want to move into management don't work there for you will get improper training.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
Fun place to work, Management sucks
Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2016
Pretty easy customer service job if you know what you're talking about otherwise you're boned cause the training is completely insufficient, the value put on being part of a team is excellent and actually up-holded in there, other low level employees are all nice and tend to want to help you, management on the other hand looks for any screw ups so they can boot you out the door cause the less employees they have on at the end of the "Season" the more money management gets as a result. There were people in there that they wanted gone so they suspended them for being a minute late 3 times in a week, which according to policy they can do but you also have to clock in with everybody else at that exact time so it's kinda hard core if they want you gone they will find so many reasons you literally can't do anything.
Pros
Part of a team, great customer service experience
Friendly staff ,
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2017
Working at Home Depot you had to work hard and show what you know , let them see your ideas. training was always good and plenty of that. Customers where always nice and had lots of questions.
Pros
good people to work with, look forwards to the next days work.
Cons
Hard to move up in the ranks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.