The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,369 reviews matching the search
Moderate
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leaside, ON22 November 2016
Home depot is a moderate place to work at, the management is not that great, but it is a great friendly, and enthusiastic environment.
Pros
friendliness, coworkers
Cons
management
Always fun working in your dad's favorite store
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
Home Depot was a fun place to work. The advancement opportunities were there and I was encouraged every day. Everyone seemed to love their job and open communication was present almost every day.
Very good management in this store
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB6 December 2016
The Home Depot is a good retail place to work. They have an extensive training program. Movement within the company is relatively easy. They have better than average benefits.
excellent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 September 2016
Home depot is a very good place to build a career. The job is set up to help their employees balance out their personal life. Its a place where you feel at home when working. All other employees are willing to help you carry out your daily activities at work.
Pros
good working place
Cons
Great benefits for part time staff
cashier/services (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 November 2016
The job can be rewarding, but is not great for the physically challenged. Can be great fun during staff events. Shift work can seriously interfere with a home life.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Neoptistic
Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 September 2016
Great job! Been with the company over ten years. Work steady shifts Monday to Friday,one Saturday a month.Great company and managers. Great products and services.
Pros
Great company benefits
Hardware sales associate. (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2016
Wonderful place to work. They really care about there associates. The training is very in depth and detailed. All management is very good and fair. They try very hard to get everyone involved in outside activities and I feel that is very good.
Pros
Wonderful place to work everyone is very close.
Cons
Cement floor, dealing with angry customers
good place to work
Department Supervisor/On Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
management looks after associates free traing provide special fun days example bbqs fun hat days return customer as for associates by name and only want to deal with them
Pros
free training
Cons
no extra hrs
Good for a retail job, but still retail
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 February 2016
The Home Depot has a very enthusiastic work environment. The management is very respectful and there is a lot of thought put into the basic clerk's contribution to the company. Success Sharing is an integral part of the income that each clerk receives, and part-time and full time employees both qualify for certain insurance coverage with Manulife.
Pros
Success sharing, good management, encouraging work environment
Cons
Retail, long hours, inconsistent scheduling
Seasonal/Lot Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 May 2016
Home Depot is a fantastic place to work. Great company, flexible hours, good benefits, great management and a fun work environment.
Fun, Excellent Customer based.
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 August 2016
A typical day consisted of loading assistance for customers, directions of store, minor store cleaning, clean up of parking lot and organizing of shopping carts and special carts, order picker. I learned excellent customer service and communication skills, very friendly work environment with fair management.
There is a great emphasis on "teamwork" and an understanding of the company policies and procedures
Customer Service Associate, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB17 May 2016
I enjoyed the fact that when I did begin my employment with Home Depot, there was a great amount of training to advance my skills and make me more knowledgeable of my position. There was a lot of support from co-workers and Management
Pros
Training, free lunches and inservices
Cons
customer service desk was at times "stressful", as unlike cashier who simply runs purchases through till, Customer Service basically deals with returns and unhappy customers
great company to work for
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NS20 September 2016
Always looking out for their staff. Great benefits package and company incentives. Great group of people in mu store. More like a family than co workers
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
not enough staff to man the sales floor
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON1 October 2016
Learned lots about customer service and how to work on your own or as a team, most enjoyable part of the job are the events they hold for the staff, they have good communication from management to staff.
Pros
events
Cons
crazy hours
fun work place.
My current position is Electrical Associate (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC23 April 2016
Its a friendly diverse culture,co-worker are friendly,i think re-engineering should take places among the hierarchy ,i think the salary need to be increase for such a company.
Pros
get free lunches and snacks sometimes
Cons
low salary
free pizza lunches for working overime
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 July 2016
While working at Home Depot I really enjoyed working with so many people everyday, also I liked the fast pace environment, always something to do. Id have to say one of the hardest part of the job was adjusting to the hours, getting in the routine of waking up at 4am wasn't easy.
Pros
free pizza lunces for working overtime
Cons
no benifits
Great place to work, especially for students and Part-Time
FLOORING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 July 2016
Good Support and job Culture. Managers and supervisors are really helpful. Training you can use for other trade jobs. work days are not too long and supervisors take time to properly train each associate with almost professional precision.
Pros
easy work, hour launch
Cons
none really for the type of job
My time with Home Depot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2016
The staff were easy to get along with, however I found that the management wasn't very coordinated. The workplace conditions were fine if a little disorganized at times. I found the hardest part of the job was putting up with the monotony of the routine and the lack of proper training, often you're left to fend for yourself. I enjoyed being around the other staff and customers as we got along quite well.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lack of hours
Friendly and fun
Customer Service - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
Check safety of the store, cleaning, doing pack-down, helping customers.
I learned technical information about different products, software of the company and other important subjects.
The management and co-workers are friendly
the hardest part of the job is being part time worker but, I manage to get shifts from other co-workers so I keep my salary on track the most enjoyable part is that you interact with different people every day
Pros
free coffe and pizza some times
Cons
short hours
great place to work
Full time Flooring and decor sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 April 2016
never a dull day helping customers all day is very satisfying working to find the perfect flooring solution for your customers.
I have learned time management, fork lift skills, first aid and great sales skills .
management are great they support your job development and growth as a person and an associate.
my coworkers are the greatest group of people I've ever worked with
supportive and driven.
the hardest part of my job is when you see a person leave with the wrong product and wont change to a suitable one.
seeing the final project completed a lot of my customers come back to show me the final project.
Pros
training and long term