The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Simple
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON31 October 2017
Very well organized store, Management was great and very understanding when needed days off, paid training and a simple training guide they used to teach us.
Environnement de travail agréable. Grande écoute de la direction. Souci de rendre les employés heureux dans leur travail
Conseiller aux ventes chez Home Dépôt Granby (Current Employee) –  Granby, QC30 October 2017
Suivi journalier des soumissions.

Contrôle de sécurité du département.

Service constant à la clientèle.

Configuration de nombreuses soumissions avec un logiciel de configuration complexe.

Préparation de longues factures avec le logiciel GCC 2.0 (gestion des commandes clients).

Confronté souvent à servir plusieurs clients en très peu de temps.

Promotion de nos rabais et promotion d'adhésion à la carte de crédit Home Dépôt.
Pros
Ambiance de travail très agréable
Cons
Salaire insuffisant compte tenu des compétences et responsabilités.
Fun and exciting
Tool Rental Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB29 October 2017
It is a great and fun place to work. The people are the best. The employers are always helpful with customers and associates. The cashiers always have a happy smiling face.
Decent place to work and promote internally
Replenishment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 October 2017
Typical office environment with friendly colleagues. Support for internal promotion and growth vertically and horizontally. Overall decent beginning for early career.
More strict than your typical retail job
Sales, Cashier, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON28 October 2017
Disorganized, customers and some management rude to cashiers especially.
No rules set in place to give guidance but they act like there are.
No trust between the employees at the front end and management.
Semi-lenient with schedule since we have so many people working.
Awesome back-room. comfortable, coffee, TV, lockers, computers.
Internet can be hard to access/disconnects frequently.
Overall a very average experience. If you keep to yourself an keep your mouth shut they'll like you. Unfortunately I'm not really the type.
Pros
Payday lunches (most of which you pay for)
Cons
Bad Management
Flooring Associate
Maintaining sales floor appearance
Superior product knowledge
Maintain a professional appearance
Depressing atmosphere
Flooring Sales Associate, Okotoks (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB26 October 2017
Shifts were very inconsistent
Some supervisors think they are more important than what they actually are
The younger you are, the more they take advantage of you to do more but still pay you the same as others
Seniors sit around and pretend to look busy
Very disorganized system of having people looking after their own departments
Training process is poor
Pros
Bonus at the end of the year
Cons
Boring job
team work
Recieving/shipper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON26 October 2017
working as a team everyone work to help each other out. just getting the work done and making customer happy and keep them coming back.. like a big family..
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not woring as a team
People here are great to work with.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 October 2017
The home depot has a lot to offer in regards of training, good customer service and expectations of their employees.
They offer decent benefit packages to full time and part time employees.
The management at my store are always looking to make the store better and trying their best to keep customers happy.
The store is in good condition they work hard at keeping it clean and easily shop able.
Most of the customers that we experience are friendly and patience.
Replenishment, Operations, Labour & Transportation Planning
Manager, Production Planning (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2017
Love new challenges everyday. Always thinking on the fly, solving problems and working to deliver the needs of the customer and/or business. Strategic thinking, persuasive and responsible leadership, great relationship building and communication skills. Developing strategies for success, building tools and processes.
Good Uni job
Sales associate/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC24 October 2017
Managment was really great about working around my class and study hours. They pay wasn't amazing however they do have profit sharing and gave out gifts around holidays.
Fast paced environment
Kitchen Designer-Saskatoon (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 October 2017
Managers are demanding, and don't seem to have a good understanding about what the daily tasks are for my job. The day goes by quickly, dealing with a variety of customer issues and situations. The hardest part of the job is completing essential tasks due to nationally mandated rules surrounding power hours, where no tasking can be completed.
Pros
Coworkers are second to none
Cons
Scheduling is the worst
work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON23 October 2017
very good place to work, great people, lovely staff, they treat their employee's great, always a fun time when I go into work, always make sure that customers are satisfied
Excellent Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 October 2017
One of the most diverse, different types of retail environments I think that there is; not easily described. Rarely dull. Extremely well managed, with great compensation. The most difficult part of the job would be have to be that the pace can sometimes be too fast to properly serve customers. For the most enjoyable part would have to be the plethora of free knowledge and training on a large range of subjects the company provided.
Pros
Great benefits, paid breaks, excellent coworkers, fair management
Cons
Can be stressful
Interesting experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB22 October 2017
Retail, with all the pros and cons of such. A steep learning curve due to the amount of knowledge required, e.g. company computer programs, policies and procedures, dos and don'ts etc. A casual work environment, generally friendly overall. Managers and supervisors are reasonable and decent to work for.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Retail, having to deal with the general public.
Amazing company and great to grow with!
Assistant Store Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 October 2017
HomeDepot is a great company and if you are looking to grow with a multimillion dollar company, The Home Depot is the right place. It will offer you great benefits wether you are a full time or a part time associate.
na
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 October 2017
the job is ok but the pay is bad management has its favorate people so promotion is like kissing them rest people working are good but some people are reaaly dumb but kiss them so are still employed
Horrible HR
Phone Sales/Special Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2017
I left because when I went on mat leave the HR manager neglected to file any of the proper paperwork they needed to so that I could get my benefits. Only when we got the labor board involved did we get action.
My years at Home Depot
Cashier/Lot/Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 October 2017
When I first started I was shy and later everyone associate (who are my friends now) made me feel welcomed and make me feel right at home. I was satisfied working there.
alright job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 October 2017
itll do for a job. however at my location the backroom politiking and things of that nature were off the charts. making it an odd work environment. take it or leave it,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.