The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Awesome people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON29 August 2017
There are some people you serve that will probably annoy you but you learn to smile and be polite with a smile to help them as best you can even if you don't know where everything is
Not a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
I don't recommend working at home depot. The work life balance is non existent, the time of day for shift scheduling is sporadic. Compensation across the board is unfair
Amazing work place
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 August 2017
I have been working with Home Depot for two years and I have never worked with such a welcoming and happy environment that The Home Depot has to offer, until now. It is a pleasure to be part of this family!
Lots to learn
Hardware Associate/Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
It was alot to learn with really no help. I enjoyed that I was able to work in two departments giving me the opportunity to be learn about the tools in hardware and the garden center.
Amazing
Sales/Service Associate - Tool Rental (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2017
Great company to work for with opportunity to grow and learn other areas of the store/business. The workplace culture was amazing, everyone worked together and had a special connection.
Home Depot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 August 2017
Crazy place to work at times. Customers always in rush for something they forgot the first time they were there. Always busy which I liked. Company was outstanding in giving me the time of I needed while trying to look after my ailing father.
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
sometimes disorganized
Some of the staff are really nice
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC24 August 2017
Not a good chose for a single parent as at times, without notice, they cut your hours making it impossible to pay rent. Then they increase it the next month, and this repeats.
Pros
300 in dental benefits that only covers cleaning
Cons
Understaffed that leads to poor Customer Service
fun place.
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 August 2017
nice job culture, supportive management, co workers were awesome and helped in every aspect, good training programs to help us grow and succeed. fun place to work.
Great team work.
Receiver/Shipper (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON21 August 2017
Working at The Home depot is a different experience as it is my first employment in the retail business. Most employees are great people to work with. Looking for a change and a better salary.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Not enough associates to do the tasks.
Great team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 August 2017
The hardest part of the job is for associates who have to stand still on a concrete floor with steel toe shoes, they experience lots of pain in their feet.
It is like being in high school again.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 August 2017
This was a pretty good place to work my first few years there, but then management changed. As head cashier was promoted to supervisor, all she cared about was how fast she could climb that ladder to success. Cashiers were left without a supervisor as she was never around and began to bicker and step on each others toes trying to be the boss that wasn't there. Room for advance was nil unless you wanted to wait 10 years or more to move up.
Pros
benefits and flexible schedule
Cons
lack of supervision, management has favorites
Overall good place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON17 August 2017
Being a cashier at Home Depot, for the most part is a straight forward job, I've learned a lot from working there and made new friends along the way. Management may not always be the greatest but if you just do your job, stay focused and friendly, you'll do great! Hard parts of being cashier is the not so friendly customers, but they can be found at any job!
Pros
Scheduling 3 weeks in advance, friendly environment.
Cons
Difficult customers, Certain Management.
Strong fair employer
Appliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 August 2017
Administration (included but not limited to): Reconciliation of various accounts, preparation of payroll, and inventory of supplies. Maintaining databases and creating spreadsheets. Cost analysis and budgetary recommendations.

Quality Assurance: Implemented tracking systems to improve overall efficiency and accountability of supervisors and staff.

Customer Service: Prioritized requests to significantly reduce service interruptions to customers. Responded to complaints, concerns and staff issues.

Technology Implementation: Worked in conjunction with IT Services to design and coordinate various on-line proprietary systems to improve customer service levels and response times.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
steel toes and concrete floors
Friendly and fun place to work, you also have a chance to move up and learn new procedures for other departments and always learning !
Project Coordinator/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 August 2017
Friendly and fun place to work . Always enjoyed the customers ! Ability to move up the latter . I learned how to take a sale and build a quote. include all products needed for install for all kinds of flooring . Sell the quote ! Then assign the the qualified installers for the type of install . should there be any issues , I would was always able to think quick and have the support of Management at all times , I didnt think that there was anything hard about working for Home Depot . I loved the Customers the most ...
Pros
Customers
Cons
shift work
Great Atmosphere!!
Overnight Associate (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, ON16 August 2017
A typical day (well night really) is very busy, there are so many of us, we just scatter to our departments. I have learned a lot. Excellent Place to work, Employee moral is extremely high, fun place to work!!
Pros
Lots of Team Activities
Cons
Sore Feet
Good Company Overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 August 2017
Good company to work overall. Some management problems, but this varies from store to store.

You can build yourself a career plan, but unfortunately, you'll need to be in the good graces of the managers.
Pros
Career plan
Cons
Bad management
Employee oriented, fun, appreciative employer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC16 August 2017
I started at the Home Depot in the early spring of 2017. That following summer during June/July, there was massive flooding in our area, and the Home Depot was not only understanding with flexibility in scheduling enabling me to help the people I lived with protect our home, but also called me on multiple occasions to ask if there was any way they could offer assistance or support of any other kind, including trying to find volunteers amongst the employees to fill sandbags and donating certain products to help in the relief efforts.

A phenomenal culture at The Home Depot exists, truly. I would recommend it as a great place to work for anyone.
Amazing place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
The Home Depot is all about taking care of their people and they do an amazing job. They focus on culture as well a the community. Plenty of room to grow and have a stable work life balance.I have learned a ton about the operations side. Inventory control, P&L, scheduling and so much more.
Hard work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 August 2017
Good starts. Slow rank climbing. Some managers are harder to deal with than others. Good part time job if you just need spending money. No real future
fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC15 August 2017
love working there new friends and love having a challenge to be able to sale more than a lot of people and impress the bosses when they saw the number in the morning
Pros
good atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.