The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,292 reviews matching the search
Worked with some fun people
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONAugust 1, 2016
I didn't work for home depot for to long, so I cant really give a full on review but what I do remember is the focus being on great customer service and depending on what brand you where working with, it being more or less tedious.
Production snd Production
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
A very dynamic and lively organization. Full of activity, fun and work.
A real fit atmosphere to work as a team member.
Every day meeting new people, Learning new things, Expanding your knowledge base in a very friendly and healthy environment .
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Low annual increment
Great place to work in customer service
Specialty Sales Associate for Flooring (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONApril 29, 2016
• Built strong relationships with customers and contractors
• Provided outstanding customer service recognized by clients and management
• Increased sales through transparency when explaining concepts and providing quotations
Pros
Oppourtunity for growth
Associates and customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Langford, BCAugust 14, 2016
A great group of associates with a willingness to help each other.

Customers are without a doubt my favourite part of working at the Home Depot. I enjoy helping people and sharing my product knowledge.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Scheduling
It's a very fun, family oriented place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work can be slow mellow and can get really busy and crazy in a minute. Hardest part of my job is unsatisfied customer. Most enjoyable part of my job is happy customer and co-workers.
Pros
LONG LUNCHES, BBQ, SPECIAL BREAKFAST, AND XMAS PARTY
Cons
SLOW DAYS, UNRULY CUSTOMERS
Productive, benefits ,Meet new people
cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJuly 4, 2016
team building helps build character
monthly goals and prizes
Made new life long friends
hardest part of the job working in steel toe boots and standing on your feet for hours at a time
Pros
free lunches/coffee
Cons
long days
Happy to have had the experience
Lethbridge, Alberta - Rental Sales Associate II (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 18, 2016
Not every day was golden, but every now and then, it can amaze me, from my time on the safety committee, the events, the 'Home Depot Olympics", good hours and lots of friends. Do not regret it.
Pros
good culture
Cons
had to deal with lots of gossip at my store :(
Fun and fulfilling but little room for advancement
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 16, 2016
The environment is great, parties and meetings are genuinely fun. Management is warm and understanding of personal issues. Scheduling is fair and usually made up to 3 weeks in advance, which is very nice and hours are generally good. Pay is competitive and benefits are as well. All-in-all a great place to work, my only complaint would be the lack of room for advancement. Due to the high number of people who stay past retiring age, I've found that there is little room to advance your position unless you are making a life long commitment to the company. That being said, students can cross train in different departments for more hours, which is also nice.
Pros
Fun environment, good management
Cons
Lack of room for advancement
Electrical/Paint Department Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 10, 2016
Work was only busy during the summer. Management was always changing. Had to leave because of lack of hours, even though sales were great in my department.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
No reconition and lack of hours
Un employeur compréhensif
Associée des Services spéciaux (Current Employee) –  Victoriaville, QCMarch 31, 2016
Le Home Depot de Victoriaville est très flexible pour les étudiants. Il leur permet de soit travailler l'été, soit la fin de semaine seulement.

Les gérants sont très compréhensifs quant aux besoins personnels de leurs employés.

Les employés sont bien traités!
Pros
Bons avantages sociaux
Cons
Augmentations de salaires basses
Great atmosphere and great people.
Pro Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2016
Had an amazing opprotunity to learn new things as everyday provides something new. Fortunately there are a handful of great people working there with a vast knowledge of the store and its products.
Customer Service Representative
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 15, 2016
Wonderful workplace with readily available associates eager to please customers. It feels rewarding working for a company so passionate about genuinely making customers happy.
Home dépot
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QCApril 8, 2016
Home dépôt est un endroit agréable a travailler mais l'avancement est dure a se procuré car peut de poste ne sont pas plafonné donc si se n'était que le fait que je veuille grandir et m'épanouir dans une compagnie je resterais a cette endroit mais du a mon ambition je dois changer d'endroit dans le but dans faire une carrière.
A productive work place that used to have table tennis.
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2016
An average position, nothing particularly outstanding about the position or the company. Some good coworkers and decent management. Although being understaffed was a constant issue.
great company to work for
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NSSeptember 20, 2016
Always looking out for their staff. Great benefits package and company incentives. Great group of people in mu store. More like a family than co workers
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
not enough staff to man the sales floor
an interesting problem or scenario always around the corner
PRO DESK AND LUMBER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 2, 2016
typically, my day alternates between customer service, building project estimates, picking orders, operating machinery, and various other tasks. Everything I know of civilian construction was learned here from generic construction practices to woodwork and concrete work. The most enjoyable part of is solving various problems.
Pros
small town/ familial environment
Cons
scheduling sometimes inconvenient
co-op placement
Co-Op Student/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 16, 2016
Co- op placement for high school, gave me retail experience, working with customers helping with questions, knowledge of products, organize shelves, keep stocked up, help bring items and help customers put them into vehicles
Great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONAugust 2, 2016
This was a great company with flexible hours. Management was nice, and they work around your schedule for students well. It teaches you great customer service skills.
Pros
great peopl
Cons
Very hard for growth with in the company
Learnt alot from the Pit of Sharks
Pro Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 28, 2016
I used to call the Pro Desk a pit of sharks cause the Pro Desk Associates were always so serious... but that was until I was sent to work there, they turned out to be nice friendly sharks. They were vegetarians. I have learnt so much from them, Cause they shared their information and experiences with me. I didn't think I could learn so much information at once, they made their work and knowledge seem so easy and that they were their forever. Thank you Guys at the Home Depot at 7011 Pro Desk Guys/Sharks, but nice.
Pros
Friendly Customers
Cons
Not enough Hours
Fast paced hands on environment
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2016
Learning new things that benefit myself as a person and an employee on a daily basis that can be applied to everyday personal life. Great management, integrity, and a great environment to work in.