The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,414 reviews matching the search
boring place to work
appliance sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2017
don't waste your time working at The home depot, management will yell at you, difficult to get more than 4 hours/week, co-workers were nice but nearly everyone I worked with hated their job. They have the highest turnover rate I've ever seen.
Pros
not much
Cons
4 hrs per week
Productive and fun place to work at
Online Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 December 2016
The people are very cheerful and good to work with however everyone is very tense when it comes to management. There is way too much corporate drama at times.
Pros
Very comfortable offices
Cons
Too many people who are not from the industry
Friendly place to work, very accommodating management, great support.
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep/ Returns - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2016
A typical day involved providing excellent customer service, and making sure the clients needs were met or exceeded. Management was very supportive with answering questions and resolving problems. The staff and coworkers always worked together as a team.
Most enjoyable was the interaction with clients and staff alike.
Pros
Flexibility of the job. Benefits for part-time workers.
great people and great benefits but not a great working wage
Appliance sales specialist (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 November 2016
too many issues with certain department supervisors who leave their work for others to do for them... the real workers do the brunt of the work and the department supervisors reap all the benefits.
Pros
add-ons
Cons
wage
Pleasant atmosphere
Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON25 August 2016
Worked in "Special Services" dept, served customers in person and on the phone whose orders were incorrect or unavailable. Phoned customers when their orders arrived, recorded daily sales, expidited items for orders and inventory.
Pros
Staff was amazing
Cons
Company relied too much on computer numbers and not customer service.
Great people, terrible management
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Mckenzie,Calgary, AB5 January 2017
Enjoy working with customers.Always eager to learn new products. Multi tasked and provided the best plus 1 customer service.
I'm extremely disappointed with the way management treat the employees.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
management
Enjoyable working with the Contractors and Customers
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB24 July 2016
Dealing with Contractors and Customers on their specific projects is satisfying when you assisted them in getting what they need in a timely manner.
Working with and training of staff to ensure they can provide the right information and knowledge to the customer in a manner which is not offensive is also very satisfying.
The positive feed back, returning clients and referrals, assures you that you have provided the ultimate customer service
Pros
Returning contractors and customers
Cons
Timely supply of goods and stock levels
Great work environment, decent wage
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
I very much enjoyed working here as the people were very welcoming and my managers were very good at recognizing achievements. My position was Part-Time but I was given 35 hours a week on average which I really appreciated.
it was okay
Fulfillment/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East York, ON12 January 2017
a typical day is stocking and shelving as well as basic customeservice during operation hours. other shifts included the same thing but during non operational hours
Pros
the job was simple and easy
Cons
it was short and contract
Great company and benifts
Business System Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2016
Involved in a lot social work.
Promotes to help society and does a lot for society.
Very positive environment.
Great benifts for part time employees which most companies don't give. Also plenty or perks being company employee, discount with partnering companies.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 January 2017
Nice people and very accepting in all ways, you wouldn't ever think you could remember over 150 peoples names but at some point you'll meet and know everyone
Pros
people, outside of work gatherings, pay and bonus.
Cons
hours can be short given
Its a productive and fun place to work we have access to wiffi, internet, computers anytime we on lunch, breaks etc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 July 2016
I love working at the Home depot. We get profit sharing and safety questionaires to updated us alway
Pros
We have lots of priveledges to cross trained in any department, we have choices of 60 mins or 30 mins lunches, bbq and christmas parties every year, paid meeting etc.
Cons
Not able to get hired full time, its mostly partime positions, hardly any fulltime positions available.
Productive workplace, but no room/opportunity for promotion or advancement in my hours
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON14 July 2016
Overall my experience was good, but I did not see any room to expand in their ranks, and I was not receiving the hours I needed. My co-workers were overall very personable and friendly, I got along well with everyone. However, there were some that I felt did not pull their weight. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to help someone find what they needed and leave our store happy.
Pros
Freindily staff, I often felt like I always find a job that needed to be done.
Cons
There was no oppertonity for advancement in pay or hours
Hardware sales associate. (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2016
Wonderful place to work. They really care about there associates. The training is very in depth and detailed. All management is very good and fair. They try very hard to get everyone involved in outside activities and I feel that is very good.
Pros
Wonderful place to work everyone is very close.
Cons
Cement floor, dealing with angry customers
Friendly coworkers but bad hours
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON4 October 2016
The best part of Home Depot is the friendly job culture. The hardest thing about Home Depot is the erratic scheduling which made balancing school and work difficult.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Bad schedules, low pay especially for lumber associates
A good place to work but needs more better hours
Sales associate and back room support (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
A good place to work every day there was something new especially with customers, always new opportunities to find something to do, and never bored. I learned new features in the products that they sell and gave advice on flooring, kitchen and bath and seasonal department. Plus, gave support in the back room on delivery, receiving, shipping, and moving products around the store for display. There was always an opportunity to work in any department but needs a better schedule. The most enjoyable part is that the customers come back looking for you and your advice because they enjoyed your service and attitude which was always friendly and with a smile.
Cons
better hours
Very interesting job
Kitchen and bath sales and design (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 January 2017
I learned to plan out kitchens and help with design ideas, I did 2 months of design training, I spent a lot of time training but never felt comfortable doing anything by myself
Pros
Good wages
Cons
management are lazy
It's okay but....
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2016
At first it nice to work here. Helping customer is fun but in the long run too much politics and back stabbing.. if they want to get rid of you they will give a hard time so that you will quit and denied all your schedule request.
Pros
Good co worker
Cons
Management and some ASM
learning experience
Tool Rental/Business Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB14 September 2016
have worked sales and with people face to face but never in a situation like Home Depot...helping people decide what they need/want, etc. They helped me move up in the company and if i didnt get the opportunity for the electrician job i may still be there.
Fun, Excellent Customer based.
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 August 2016
A typical day consisted of loading assistance for customers, directions of store, minor store cleaning, clean up of parking lot and organizing of shopping carts and special carts, order picker. I learned excellent customer service and communication skills, very friendly work environment with fair management.