The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,677 reviews matching the search
Worked with some great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 June 2017
Worked with some really awesome people and some great characters.
Generally flexible schedules.
Sometimes understaffed but people do their best to get by
Recommended
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 May 2017
This was the first company that I worked for when we migrated here in Canada. I can say that the people were great, as well as the management. I worked as a Lot Associate and I could say that the worst part of the job was working in the winter. But I would recommend this company. Great place.
No Equal Opportunity
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
It is a good company, but too many cliques and no equal opportunity. They don,t deal with issues properly and most things are swept under the rug.....
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Abuse of power
Fun, busy place to work with great management
Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2017
The hardest part of job is juggling so many responsibilities and dealing with potentially challenging personalities on your team. You're given many opportunities to participate in training to help you prioritize, manage your work load and deal with things like difficult conversations, etc. The best parts of the job are that you're always busy and never bored, the benefits are excellent, the schedule is consistent and management is supportive.
Pros
Excellent work schedule and benefits
Cons
Hourly wages
Hard work no ping pong table
Kitchen Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
I love to help people and I enjoyed working there. There are plenty of professional courses to take and I learned a lot. I have good memories from that time.
Pros
Good learning experience
Cons
Concrete floors
just run
Retail Cashier- Part time (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
the best way to describe working for home depot is bring plenty of Advil because not only are the customers a headache but the depending on the staff aka the older staff members you will need it and at that point just run. im not saying all the staff are impossible to work with and that dont follow there own rules but expect everyone else to follow them but thats what im saying but luckily there are some gems who you can trust to have your back while working but u haft to find them and trust me its not management or for the cashiers anyone higher then you.
Pros
what pros
Cons
no social life
Typical retail setting
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 May 2017
typical retail setting - the only difference being the extreme importance on customer service (which I love). As an employee you have the support from management to take care of the customer.

The culture at my store is great, we're like a family.

Hardest part of the job is balancing work/personal life. Your schedule will be all over the place whether you're full time or part time.
Ultimately a poor store to work at
Cashier, Paint Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC30 May 2017
Enjoyed my team in the paint department, but management was horrible and treats their employees like trash. Hard work and improvement go unnoticed. Turnover is horrific. Very happy to have moved on to other things.
Best management
Sales Associate (P/T) (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC29 May 2017
Very clear job description with the very nice work environment.
Learning and helping people is an everyday ongoing process.
This is the place for people who enjoy learning and helping.
Pros
Paid 15 min break after each 2 hr working
Cons
Folat shifts18
Environnement de travail plus ou moins agréable
Associé aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Saint-Constant, QC29 May 2017
-Outils de travail jamais en bonnes états
-Beaucoup de pression
-Flexibilité des heures
-Coéquipiers agréables en général
-2 semaines de vacances payées
-Gérants désagréables
-Salaire médiocre
Pros
Flexibilité des heures
Cons
Salaire
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON27 May 2017
This company ensures that they build a community and team that is capable of both teamwork, but also success. It was quite a place to work within this company.
Management left a lot to be desired!
Associate sales (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 May 2017
Worked in lumber dept. and hardware dept. helping people with their lumber cuts as well as their hand tools and power tools. Working with management and retail customers was informative and enlightening. Hardest part of job was part time hours.
Pros
Regular staff helpful
Cons
Management difficult
fun for all and food sometimes to
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 May 2017
its good most days but can become over whelming very quickly great group of employees that get along and its fun most days and when we do good as a group they feed us pizza and bbq
Pros
food and people
Cons
angry customers
Varies from store to store
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
Really the thing that makes or breaks working at home depot and lots of places is the store team. a good manager is awesome. bad ones are terrible. the one i worked at had a less than optimal store team. there were lots of great people working there and we were fairly high on customer satisfaction. but a lot of the department leaders were pretty terrible. as well, our store manager was great in some areas but in others was lacking. as well some departments worked in ways that really clashed with other departments. overall the home depot is overall proabably one of the best places to work in the retail field. but a bad store management team can make it a nightmare to help customers and enjoy the work enough to want to stay.
Pros
great policy's, pretty good wages starting at 12.00 plus an hour whereas others start you at like 10.85
Cons
leadership has too much "power" meaning a bad team leader/supervisor can make your department suck
hard to be part of a team
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 May 2017
hard to explain but struggle a lot seems everyone is for their own.
Management gives minimum support and do not often to listen to others.
people are quick to point fingers
Fun and I found it would be a great place to start with your first job
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 May 2017
(you know this mandatory survey is rude right?) A typical day would be pushing carts, cleaning the lot, making sure garbages weren't too full and cleaning up other people's messes haha, you're a....warehouse chimp of sorts but the work was easy to get a rhythm for, which I liked. Its pretty monotonous but I like things that way, not much changes and honestly it felt like things were different month to month but I think had I been there a second year it would have been like putting life on repeat haha.
Pros
great HR department!
Cons
if you're the first one working, you're the only one working haha
Culture de l entreprise
Superviseur des ventes (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC23 May 2017
Identifier les meilleurs vendeurs dans les rayons et management des associés.
Pros
Voiture de fonction, pack informatique et téléphonie, ticket restaurant
Cons
Aucune limite horaire
For Home Depot MET
MET Overnight Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
I think that Home Depot is a great job as far as retail goes. I have only worked with MET during my entire time with Home Depot. Talking with other Home Depot associates from other stores it seems that every store is very different to work in. I enjoy the store I work at, although there can be issues, overall I think its quite good. Being a part of MET means that I work at one store but I am not a part of the store, this helps with scheduling and such. I think the most enjoyable part of my job is that I get weekends off, when I leave I don't get called into work or asked questions regarding work, I can not even think about work during my time off. The hardest part is that you always try to cram as many things into the weekend. Working Overnight MET is challenging in that you need to always keep track your time (to bill vendors), and a lot of projects can be totally messed up. Doing lessons and such is also difficult, working the 10 hours really inhibits what you can do during the week.
Pros
MET get weekends and Stats off
Cons
Working four ten hour shifts definitely makes it difficult
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2017
The work becomes very redundant and mundane after a while as you do the same checkout process for hours on end. The hours are plenty during the summer season but very little during winter. Full Weekend availability was mandatory.
Pros
Free Food and Lunches on some days, Benefits, Profit sharing
Cons
Long hours of the same work, 100% weekend availability, no room for advancement
good.
Merchandizing Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 May 2017
a typical day, other than resets will include servicing a bay.it means checking and maintaining planogram integrity, cleaning and facing the product. changing and checking prices. building and maintaining displays. doing resets for christmas and spring /summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.