The Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,241 reviews matching the search
Great working enviorment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 13, 2016
Wonderful co-workers and customers. I have learned so much working at home depot and trained in every department and all machines to give customers a great experience at Home depot.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
not enough people working hence why i have to learn all the departments
not fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 9, 2016
Good co-workers and lower management, upper management was very poor and made the job very difficult to perform at higher levels of effectiveness and efficiency
Great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed working outdoors, also enjoyed being surrounded by very knowledgeable employees. Picked up many valuable skills that i carried on to other employments.
Pros
Enjoyed working outdoors
Cons
Long periods of time spent standing
Easy going, fun place to work
Paint Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 7, 2016
I really enjoy working for the Home Depot for my amazing coworkers, and all the benefits that come with the job. When the company is successful there are often free lunches, and fun things done for the associates. I really like that Home Depot is very transparent with their employees by letting associates know of sales that the store has been making.
Pros
Free lunches, great coworkers
Cons
Unreliable hours, and scheduling
Productive and positive workplace
Front End Sales and Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 7, 2016
Learn a lot of everyday necessities. Gain experience handling customer problems. My job responsibilities include building relationships with customers and contractors to ensure a great customer experience and both win-win situation for the company and the customer. I have been in many difficult situations where I have to figure out solutions to different problems independently, not stopping until some resolution has been made.
Great Workplace, low wage
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 6, 2016
Working there was good. no hassle. Learned a lot about customer service, Co-workers all worked together and were very nice. Hardest part of job was getting to all calls at the same time, most enjoyable part was just being there. its a great environment.
Pros
Discount at Harvey's, Benefits
Cons
Low Wage
Great Atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 6, 2016
Great co-workers, and great management. Management is persistent on keeping associates on track and making sales goals.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Teamwork
Overnight Frieght Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 6, 2016
Working at home depot has helped me realize how important a team is. Without a team the job wont get done. i think every work place should learn a bit from Home Depot and how they work as a team towards any goal or deadline.
Productive establishment, teaching great fundamentals to its employees
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 4, 2016
A typical day at work for me was, exciting as I was always learning new methods and techniques to providing great customer service. In addition learning how to be an excellent sales representative,

In regards to management and co workers, I was able to use the skills that I have learned from other jobs and school;. in order to co operate, learn, and excel at being a team player with initiative.

I would not say that there was a hard part of the job, but the most challenging part of the job was initially handling the customers frustrations with the self checkout machine

The most enjoyable part of the job, was that I was able to use my degree as a way to connect with customers. I.E having conversations about certain topics in order to make them feel more comfortable with their time at the store.
Pros
part time benefits
Cons
competitor promotion matching
enjoyed working with flowers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONJune 3, 2016
had a great supervisor,loved working outside with flowers in the summer,enjoyed helping customers find what they were looking for
Pros
discounts
Cons
didnt enjoy upselling
Decent job
Lumber/Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 2, 2016
Good team effort among the associates although it is poorly managed. The assistant managers tell you what to do and expect it done without considering what else lies ahead of you. After finishing the task, another supervisor or assistant manager will tell you they want it differently resulting in a very little efficient working environment. The employees are either good or bad to work with. You very seldom deal with a bad customer, but when you do it isn't fun.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working with some individuals who aren't the easiest to work with.
I had a lot of jobs within the company,which made it possible to have a lot of experience in any type of job I would be interested in the future.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2016
I have worked as a Cashier for awhile then I had moved onto a Head cashier for a bit,running a team of cashiers/lot personnel. Also had worked in the vault which carried a float of 30,000 dollars a day. Which then moved me to Customer Service/Returns. At the end of my career at Home Depot for about three years,I did return to vendor. So not only working as associate to serve the customer,I also had the opportunity to work with the vendor part of the store. The hardest part of the job was scheduling for a team of associates,part/full timers. I would have to say working with a lot of cultures would be the best part of the day.
Pros
Paid benefits package as well as 2 weeks paid holiday
Cons
no room to make more money even though each job was different and had different qualifications
Excellent Place to Work
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 1, 2016
Great Place to work with a lot of supervision. You get to meet a lot of nice people. You learn a lot about your department, whichever one you may be in.
fast paced and efficient service
order picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 1, 2016
order picking was simplified by using scanners and the Raymond reach, the atmosphere was somber at most but positive. I lived close by so getting there was easy. i enjoyed the work experience this job gave me.
nice
customer service and product knowledge associate (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONMay 30, 2016
good job with very flexible hours for those in school or with another part time job. Always room for promotion, and can gain experience working with heavy machinery ie. forklift, small loaders, etc.
Pros
good environment
Good friendly envirnament
Greeter/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 30, 2016
It was a pleasure working with very cooperative and friendly colleagues, helpful seniors and cheerful youngsters. Every day was a new day to learn new things and meet new people.
Pros
Prompt recognition of any hard work put in.
Cons
Loss of managers cause loss of productivity and organization.
PART-TIME CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 29, 2016
While working there, most of the managers left. So, there was many moments of chaos behind the scenes and very few new hires.
Great team environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABMay 27, 2016
Very physical & customer service driven. No two days are the same. Currently I supervise & work beside my team doing returns, signing out orders, handling deliveries and install queries. I have learned that working in a retail environment can be very satisfying & always interesting. Excellent support from co-workers & management. The physicality of the job is taking it's tole. Our customers are great & working with them to complete their projects is the best part of the job.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Long hours/shift work
fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ONMay 26, 2016
its an amazing place to work with very friendly associates & customers the managers are friendly & out spoken the hardest part of the job is dealing with the stubborn customers but other wise its a good environment to work the best part is when your shift is done so you can go get some good rest
Pros
free snacks
Cons
good hours
Good team in Electrical, excellent manager
Electrical Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, ONMay 26, 2016
Good place to work, physical work could be a little much at times.Liked meeting customers, and have them come back and look for me