The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,452 reviews matching the search
productive and energetic!
Picker/RF Scanner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2017
Working with home depot was great while it lasted! learned and picked up quick. It is a Big environment, you get too see all that home depot has to offer!
Fun workplace with the right management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2017
There are many things about Home Depot that are great. Benefits, company BBQs, cheap Christmas parties and fun events, Team Depot which helps communities in need.

However, it is very hard to get a raise and when given your yearly raise, it is not one that you would be proud of. Also depending on management chosen at your location, your work environment will either be very fun or very stressful (as with most places).

I find the more you work, the harder you work, and the more money you make the company, the less you are appreciated. "Homer Awards" are often given to favorites, or for newer employees, doing simple tasks. The moment you increase your value as an employee, they do not care as much.

On your 6 month reviews, they often only look at what you need to improve on (which for me, was always minor things) instead of what you did well (which for me, was very many things).

Personally, I think this is a great place for people who are retired and need some extra money or time out of the house, an entry level job(s) for young people who want to figure out what field of work they would like to go into, or people who truly just want to help people and have a great attitude with customer service (as the people who purely help customers and do not do any other tasks are most favored).
Pros
benefits, company BBQs, awards.
Cons
shift work, favoritism, bad feedback.
Lot Associate/Garden Recovery (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB13 January 2017
I had fun working there. I learned a lot about the renovation world and home improvement. I really enjoyed the staff and camaraderie.
Fun place to work
Specialty Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 January 2017
Amazing co workers and a great place to work if you are in school and looking to work part-time. At my specific location, there are events all the time and the management is understanding.
it was okay
Fulfillment/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East York, ON12 January 2017
a typical day is stocking and shelving as well as basic customeservice during operation hours. other shifts included the same thing but during non operational hours
Pros
the job was simple and easy
Cons
it was short and contract
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 January 2017
Place orders supervise departments
Co workers helpful when needed
Insuring all tasks are completed
Working with kids work shop
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna BC12 January 2017
I loved working in the seasonal department and only stopped to take the summer of for a well needed break. We then moved to Summerland BC. Miss working in the seasonal department and all of the associates that work at the Home Depot. It is a great place to work where everyone cares for each other.
Pros
great staff appreciation
Cons
steel toed shoes and cement floors
boring place to work
appliance sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 January 2017
don't waste your time working at The home depot, management will yell at you, difficult to get more than 4 hours/week, co-workers were nice but nearly everyone I worked with hated their job. They have the highest turnover rate I've ever seen.
Pros
not much
Cons
4 hrs per week
Productive workplace
Lumber associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 January 2017
A typical workday of a lumber associate at Home Depot includes flattening lumber, helping customers figure out what products they need for their project and their locations, measure and cut lumber and plywood, receiving orders and cleaning up the workspace.
educational place to work
cashier and customer service (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 January 2017
Working at Home Depot was a fun job. It was a great place to work as a cashier. Everyone at Home Depot was helpful and would teach you new things. I liked dealing with the customers on a daily bases.
Positive environment kept clean and safe.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Home Depot's pay and hours given to workers seemed a bit unfair but the coworkers/managers were polite and easy to get along with. During my time working there I felt I was in a safe environment surrounded by lots of positive energy and enthusiastic people.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Short hours.
Great place to work with a family environment
Head Cashier and Hardware Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 January 2017
Working at the Home Depot is a great experience. It is a fun place to work at and there is a great chance for bettering yourself. The focus on customer service at Home Depot has allowed me to build my interpersonal skills that I believe will be a great help in any and all my future plans.
Pros
Benefits even for part time
friendly
Home Depot Lott Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2017
All associates that work at the home depot are friendly and caring. Working there has given me many opportunities and has opened me up to talk to more customers with out being shy. I learned a lot working there, i have worked in many departments and have experienced different type of work and have worked with many people throughout my time in the company
Fun, clean, safe, has kids workshop the first Saturday of every month
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton alberta8 January 2017
I worked in 3 diffrent departments for my time there and all the departments i was in are easy to learn people there are kind and outgoing.
Pros
Flexable and able to book off days
Cons
Sometimes hard to get good hours and hours in general
Very professional and respectful work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
Great company that really takes care of their employees with absolute respect.
Very enthusiastic staff which acknowledges team work the best solution for the success of such massive company
Pros
really good environment
Cons
a lot of costumers trying to fraud the store
the home depot
Customer service refund-Sale troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 January 2017
over all nice place to work for there is worse place to work for but the management have a tendency to to have they favorite employers who dont get in trouble no mater what they do and the none rfavorite seem to get in trouble no mater what they do
for me i was in the neutral part
but i seen the favorite come in late every day an never got in trouble mean will
i seen a new guy getting a warning up for not punching in after is lunch by 7 min
Great people, terrible management
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Mckenzie,Calgary, AB5 January 2017
Enjoy working with customers.Always eager to learn new products. Multi tasked and provided the best plus 1 customer service.
I'm extremely disappointed with the way management treat the employees.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
management
Great work environment, decent wage
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
I very much enjoyed working here as the people were very welcoming and my managers were very good at recognizing achievements. My position was Part-Time but I was given 35 hours a week on average which I really appreciated.
Very interesting job
Kitchen and bath sales and design (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 January 2017
I learned to plan out kitchens and help with design ideas, I did 2 months of design training, I spent a lot of time training but never felt comfortable doing anything by myself
Pros
Good wages
Cons
management are lazy
awesome
Customer Service Associate/everything (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 January 2017
the staff are like a family. every one cared about each other.
the scheduling though was horrible. worked there for 2 years and i got maybe three full weekends off.