The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Workplace culture
Lumber & Building Materials Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2017
the friendliness of the staff is exceptional, never a dull place to work. Always have people to lean back on for support. A typical day at work mostly consists of walking the aisles and engaging customers and supporting their needs in the aisles. Maintaining the in stock is important in keeping customers happy with our one stop shopping experience that we promote. A Lot of workplace activities to keep all staff happy and the reason why Home Depot is such a diverse employer.
This was an interesting experience
Cashier, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 September 2017
This was a seasonal job on a casual basis, although my offer of employment letter specified part-time.

I learned the layout of the store, and how to operate the particular brand of Point of Sale registers.

The hardest part of the job was spending hours on my feet wearing steel-toed boots.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Scheduling
Fun place to work part-time, but not secure long-term
Special Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 September 2017
I enjoy working with most of the associates in my department and most of the customers that I deal with.

Some days are harder than others, depending on how many people you have to cover your breaks and lunches. But overall, the work itself is rewarding and helping customers is satisfying.

The only issue I have is - their wages are terrible. I feel like I am working a mid-level job, but being paid the minimum salary for it. The amount of responsibilities I have do not correspond correctly to the money I earn maintaining those duties. And the raises we get every year are in pennies, not dollars.

If Home Depot paid their employees more and gave more benefits, they wouldn't have such a high turnover as they do now.
Pros
Friendly work environment, light-hearted atmosphere, free lunches (sometimes paid)
Cons
Horrible job security and salary/benefits
bad
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON8 September 2017
Great company, I would recommend for anyone who's interested in the tech industry and loves a company who cares about its employees. Great benefits and company culture is top notc
Good Coworkers
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 September 2017
Great people you meet,Awesome coworkers, Family Oriented Learning new things everyday also meeting great people from other business would recommend people to apply
Pros
Free BBQ, Awesome Christmas Partys
Cons
Not enough hours
Good Place for first job
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 September 2017
The staff is excellent.
I was working at night. I had not experience customer service. Most associates in the store work directly with customer service. But I was too lucky because I was an overnight stocker.
great
Tool Rental Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON6 September 2017
awesome place to work. you get treated very well by supervisors/managers and all other staff members. a very involved store to work for, can learn a lot with the broad selection within the store.
Don't work here if you want a career.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
Terrible management, scheduling is a nightmare, they expect you to do the work of 3 people in a very short time frame. The only positive thing I can say about working here is that the hours are flexible, UNLESS it interferes with them of course.

If you don't plan on staying long, by all means apply. However, if you are planning on a career, run. Run away. I have worked here 4+ years and have not seen any advancement, and don't bother trying because any extra responsibilities you are given do not come with an increase in pay or benefits. Full time hours, part time employee. Doesn't change.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Part-time benefits
Cons
Bad scheduling, terrible management.
Manager lives the Home Depot Values
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB5 September 2017
Values are incredibly important in this day and age. This work environment provides a great balance of support and commitment for its workers. I have a great team and training plan to continue growth.
Great co-workers and benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 September 2017
I loved my co-workers and management was mostly fair over all. I loved working on decor ideas for flooring, window treatments and paint with my customers. The hardest part of the job were difficult, hard to please clients.
Open environment with opportunities abound
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2017
Meeting with the team on the floor to discuss the expected night ahead, everyone is ready to put in for a tough night; Several Depts had big sales and there is an event at the front to prepare for. Knowing the team can handle the load, the manager and fellow associate hands out the duties and can be seen through the night giving a hand to any swamped areas. Its a close call yet the team manages to pull through in time for open hours, thanking everyone for the hard work the manager surprises everyone the next evening with snacks and cold drinks for the effort of the previous shift.
One day of many to look forward to at the Home Depot
Pros
Work Hours guaranteed/People with fun and mature attitudes
Cons
Dangers of working aound multi-ton vehicles
I had a great experience at Home Depot
Flooring and Decor Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON2 September 2017
I had an excellent experience at the Home Depot Barrhaven location. I met many coworkers and customers who are still my friend. The work gave me a lot of sales experience and I am very grateful for that and look forward to applying the skills I learned there to the many opportunities that will arise for me in the future.
not worth your time
lumber and building materials (P.T) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 September 2017
this was a good place to work but there are to many bosses telling you what to do and each manager tells you to do things different so you are constantly being pulled into different directions so your never sure what to do
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
too many bosses
Fun work place.
Special Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON31 August 2017
Home Depot is a great company to work for.
They are very flexible with scheduling. Good part time benefits.
I have enjoyed working for home depot. Good place to work for.
Great Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2017
The workplace culture at The Home Depot was great. The co-workers are very friendly, and always willing to help. Management is great as they understand people make mistakes and try to help each and every person help.
Pros
Good job culture
Cons
Long training period
great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON30 August 2017
This was a great place to work and only left as a job opened in the field i am pursuing as a career. Unfortunately they would not hire me back even though i didn't call in sick, took extra shifts etc.
Pros
welcoming
Cons
hours
Diversity culture
Project Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
HD it is a nice place to work since there is a lot of respect for every cultural background. They hold different events to promote integrity and respect.
Comfortable work place, Great team and management.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB30 August 2017
Comfortable and safe workplace with flexible hours and friendly management. Great job for growth and improvment throughout the store and within yourself.
Pros
Flexible hours, benefits for part time and full time employees.
Cons
Not enough hours.
good place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 August 2017
worked there for nearly 2 years and i had no issues. it was a good place to meet people and learn about retail as well as about home renovation projects
Pros
good programs to advance in company
Cons
night shifts
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 August 2017
amazing learning experience took skills with me that i still use today. As a young student i found this job kept me very active and busy never had any bad experiences

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.