The Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,246 reviews matching the search
My time with Home Depot
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 15, 2016
The staff were easy to get along with, however I found that the management wasn't very coordinated. The workplace conditions were fine if a little disorganized at times. I found the hardest part of the job was putting up with the monotony of the routine and the lack of proper training, often you're left to fend for yourself. I enjoyed being around the other staff and customers as we got along quite well.
Pros
The people
Cons
Lack of hours
An incredible job
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 15, 2016
The job was easy, it was fun, everyone there made you feel good about yourself and you never felt left out
Great Place To Work
Lumber Sales Associate/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 14, 2016
I love working at the Home Depot. The managers are fair and easy-going, and the work is not very stressful. Most of the fellow employees are in good spirits and always have smiles on their faces. The biggest issue here is pay. The job pays very poorly and when the store is not that busy, your hours can get cut.
Paint department to all departments
Sales Associate Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 13, 2016
Great environment store manager cares about everyone. Really understanding HR and they truly strive to create an inclusive fun place to work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
part time = 39.5
Miss Working at the Brandon Home Depot
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBJune 13, 2016
Great company and people to work for as they really do care for you. I was given many skills to learn and was helped along my journey.
Home depot
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONJune 13, 2016
I don't mind working here, people are great,very helpful, pay is not bad executable with my experience, hours are bit long. drive is a bit tiring some times.
Pros
staff bbq, s, great events, free snacks sometimes
Cons
Long hours, for it not being so busy.
Great working enviorment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJune 13, 2016
Wonderful co-workers and customers. I have learned so much working at home depot and trained in every department and all machines to give customers a great experience at Home depot.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
not enough people working hence why i have to learn all the departments
not fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 9, 2016
Good co-workers and lower management, upper management was very poor and made the job very difficult to perform at higher levels of effectiveness and efficiency
Great co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 7, 2016
Enjoyed working outdoors, also enjoyed being surrounded by very knowledgeable employees. Picked up many valuable skills that i carried on to other employments.
Pros
Enjoyed working outdoors
Cons
Long periods of time spent standing
Easy going, fun place to work
Paint Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 7, 2016
I really enjoy working for the Home Depot for my amazing coworkers, and all the benefits that come with the job. When the company is successful there are often free lunches, and fun things done for the associates. I really like that Home Depot is very transparent with their employees by letting associates know of sales that the store has been making.
Pros
Free lunches, great coworkers
Cons
Unreliable hours, and scheduling
Productive and positive workplace
Front End Sales and Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 7, 2016
Learn a lot of everyday necessities. Gain experience handling customer problems. My job responsibilities include building relationships with customers and contractors to ensure a great customer experience and both win-win situation for the company and the customer. I have been in many difficult situations where I have to figure out solutions to different problems independently, not stopping until some resolution has been made.
Great Workplace, low wage
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 6, 2016
Working there was good. no hassle. Learned a lot about customer service, Co-workers all worked together and were very nice. Hardest part of job was getting to all calls at the same time, most enjoyable part was just being there. its a great environment.
Pros
Discount at Harvey's, Benefits
Cons
Low Wage
Great Atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 6, 2016
Great co-workers, and great management. Management is persistent on keeping associates on track and making sales goals.
Pros
Paid Breaks
environnement de travail agréable et intéressant
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJune 6, 2016
les journées de travail sont chargées, pleines de nouvelles choses à apprendre. J'ai développé des aptitudes d'adaptation et d'apprentissages rapide pour intégrer l'équipe. Le plus difficile dans le travail c'est l'elaboration des plans de cuisine et les calculs pour le dimensions de comptoire. Le plus agréable c'est l'harmonie de groupe ce qui faisait que j'avais envie chaque matin d'aller travailler.
Teamwork
Overnight Frieght Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 6, 2016
Working at home depot has helped me realize how important a team is. Without a team the job wont get done. i think every work place should learn a bit from Home Depot and how they work as a team towards any goal or deadline.
Productive establishment, teaching great fundamentals to its employees
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 4, 2016
A typical day at work for me was, exciting as I was always learning new methods and techniques to providing great customer service. In addition learning how to be an excellent sales representative,

In regards to management and co workers, I was able to use the skills that I have learned from other jobs and school;. in order to co operate, learn, and excel at being a team player with initiative.

I would not say that there was a hard part of the job, but the most challenging part of the job was initially handling the customers frustrations with the self checkout machine

The most enjoyable part of the job, was that I was able to use my degree as a way to connect with customers. I.E having conversations about certain topics in order to make them feel more comfortable with their time at the store.
Pros
part time benefits
Cons
competitor promotion matching
enjoyed working with flowers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONJune 3, 2016
had a great supervisor,loved working outside with flowers in the summer,enjoyed helping customers find what they were looking for
Pros
discounts
Cons
didnt enjoy upselling
Decent job
Lumber/Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJune 2, 2016
Good team effort among the associates although it is poorly managed. The assistant managers tell you what to do and expect it done without considering what else lies ahead of you. After finishing the task, another supervisor or assistant manager will tell you they want it differently resulting in a very little efficient working environment. The employees are either good or bad to work with. You very seldom deal with a bad customer, but when you do it isn't fun.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working with some individuals who aren't the easiest to work with.
I had a lot of jobs within the company,which made it possible to have a lot of experience in any type of job I would be interested in the future.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 2, 2016
I have worked as a Cashier for awhile then I had moved onto a Head cashier for a bit,running a team of cashiers/lot personnel. Also had worked in the vault which carried a float of 30,000 dollars a day. Which then moved me to Customer Service/Returns. At the end of my career at Home Depot for about three years,I did return to vendor. So not only working as associate to serve the customer,I also had the opportunity to work with the vendor part of the store. The hardest part of the job was scheduling for a team of associates,part/full timers. I would have to say working with a lot of cultures would be the best part of the day.
Pros
Paid benefits package as well as 2 weeks paid holiday
Cons
no room to make more money even though each job was different and had different qualifications
Excellent Place to Work
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 1, 2016
Great Place to work with a lot of supervision. You get to meet a lot of nice people. You learn a lot about your department, whichever one you may be in.