The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,421 reviews matching the search
Meet lots of great people
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON15 December 2016
Directions are majorly inconsistent!!! One minute you are told to do something one way, the next minute a totally different way! Do not trust the management in this sector. Lots of favouritism and gossiping. The job is extremely demanding both physically and mentally. Mentally because of so much confusion and contradictions. Not worth the pay which is very low for the expectations. Expect to ALWAYS work alone and if you are ever in need of physical help lifting things that state and require a Two Person lift....forget it! You are told to "Just get it done as quick as possible".
Pros
Surrounded by a lot of great people and hard workers!
Cons
No perks and low pay
The worst place to work unless you are lazy
Night shift stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2016
Very little pay I am 50 and worked very hard and the other people are like 20 to 30 and do very little and move up fast and play on there phone lost plus they do not know how to do proper management work their .
So if you every want to move into management don't work there for you will get improper training.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
excellant work environment
Vault Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 December 2016
Working here I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers as I was a Vault
Associate I was always in contact with the other employees. The hours of operation were the best and work never seemed like work.
Benefits
Cons
You had to be proactive and work in a couple departments to gain full time hours
Fun place to work, but severly cutting working hours during slack season like winter.
Cashier II (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 December 2016
Typical day of work is fun. Co-workers were nice. I learned how to handle a difficult customer. Management sometimes were demanding.
Pros
Great benefits for part-timers
Cons
During winter, shift schedule is very minimal
Productive and fun place to work at
Online Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 December 2016
The people are very cheerful and good to work with however everyone is very tense when it comes to management. There is way too much corporate drama at times.
Pros
Very comfortable offices
Cons
Too many people who are not from the industry
review
Cashier/Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON12 December 2016
Home Depot is an amazing place to work with lots of advancement in position. Management is very good in this store . HR help all its employees and social gatherings
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working all weekends
good place to work
Flooring/Décor/Kitchen and Bath Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2016
I've earned a lot about the construction process while working at the Home Depot. There are so many knowledgeable employees to teach you exactly what is needed to complete a project so you're able to pass that knowledge on to customers.
Pros
food fridays
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 December 2016
Great company to work for. Family oriented and tons of benefits even for part time associates. Friendly management. Great atmosphere.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 December 2016
Enjoy working at Home Depot in the past 91/2 month I have won many gift certificates for my achievement , I have also been the associate of the month 2 months in a row, I enjoy the people and the customers, I am working at Home Depot because I have 2 kids in University and I want to help them out financially
Pros
great benifits
Cons
there is none
Part time with no room to grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 December 2016
The job isn't overly hard, but the pay is low and the hours suck. They expect you to be available 24/7 but only hand out 10-20 hours a week.

Pay is minimum wage, no perks or discounts. Some of the department supervisors expect sooooooo much for so little pay.
Pros
easy work - your pretty much your own boss there
Cons
pay, benefits, hours
Supportive and Great Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON10 December 2016
I throughly enjoyed working for this company due to the always supportive Management and co-workers as well as the safe and fun workplace environment.
Everyone who worked there was always friendly and work days were never a dull, always exciting.
The company has an amazing full time and part time benefit plan which is unheard of now a days.
As a student, Home Depot offers Tuition Reimbursement which is outstanding due to school being so expensive.

I would recommend Home Depot as a workplace always.
Pros
supportive
Cons
long hours, hard floors
A lot of work
Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 December 2016
As a worker at the service desk there was a lot of garbage you put up with and would get paid the same as the employees on the floor which didn't seem fair.
the people
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC6 December 2016
I very much enjoy all the associates and customers I have had the pleasure to meet I have been show may parts of the retail business and trained to further my foot hold in the company
Very good management in this store
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB6 December 2016
The Home Depot is a good retail place to work. They have an extensive training program. Movement within the company is relatively easy. They have better than average benefits.
Experience with wide assortment of product and fellow associates
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary Chinook5 December 2016
The Home Depot is a place to learn about operating in a safe open warehouse to accomplish a variety of tasks with experienced people available to help teach and lighten a heavy load. Your feet may ache and your body will yearn for rest those first weeks, yet hang in and your time will not be misspent with valuable skills and talents found in a friendly and lively workplace.
Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2016
• Ensured that production standards were maintained as per approved procedures
• Developed & monitored Inbound appointment schedule to the Warehouse
• Designed a cost effective approach of co-loading Outbound loads to different vendors & picking products on way back to warehouse
amazing
Overnight Receiver (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB2 December 2016
awesome workplace, management is great. I would recommend anyone to work there. wicked experience. it is a fun place to work
Lots of room for advancement
MET (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 December 2016
At the home depot there is lots of advancement opportunities. Very thorough training is provided. Staff are really friendly.
Home depot
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver30 November 2016
Average. The salary is not that good. But the work culture is nice and supportive management.
I have learnt latest software for kitchen design.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Salary ok
Productive Work place
Cashier/Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB30 November 2016
While working at Home Depot, I was treated fairly and equally. The hardest part of being a cashier was the repetition but the best part was socializing with customers and making sure they left happy. I found near the end of my career at the Home Depot was that I wasn't given enough hours and enough pay in order to continue working there.
Pros
On holidays we had to work we got fed fun lunches, and I got to work and meet awesome people and gain new retail experience.
Cons
Not enough hours