The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Great place to work they cared about their employees
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 January 2018
When I was front end supervisor I was responsible for daily customer service satisfaction given by the front end staff to all customers shopping in the store. Took part in the hiring of many employees over the last year which made a strong impact on he store. Trained and coached and mentored all front end cashiers where necessary. When moved to electrical department I was in charge of hiring all employ Es for the dept, ordering and making sure all sale products were in the store on time for sale. I worked the floor daily and made sure customers received excellent customer service.
Pros
Friendly, caring and cared for the staff
Excellent company all around!
Freight Associate / Offshelf Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 January 2018
The 3 years i spent in The Home Depot were amazing! Overnight crews were exceptional to be a part of. Learned many great skills and love being a customer still!
Pros
Basically everything
Cons
Pay is kinda shoddy for this day and age.
Fun workplace with great employees
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON17 January 2018
It was a positive workplace that allowed employees to expand their knowledge and are encouraged to express their personality with customers to help to build better relationships.
Great staff, so many different cultures and minds coming together
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 January 2018
the diversity at the Home Depot is the most interesting and fun part of working here. Most enjoyable to learn about different cultures, different ways of doing things, different experiences.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
some jobs we do are very dusty and dirty
Too many hours not enough pay
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 January 2018
Home Depot is a very corporate minded company, who lacks the employee personal skills, that a smaller company possesses. Home Depot offered shares for their employees at a cost, too much money!
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
The top management is great! I like the core values that the company believes in.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2018
The benefits are great. The company provides a lot of training to its associates. Challenging because of difficult customers. I just don't like the working hours, shifts are not fixed making it hard to find a second job.
Overall, it is a great company with great people.
Pros
Benefits even to part time
Cons
Random schedules
Trop de travail qui est demandé
Préposé au département des Matériaux (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC15 January 2018
Travailler serait plus agréable avec des bons bénéfices et un meilleur salaire.
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Pas amusant
servir plusieurs personnes dans une journée
Cashier (Former Employee) –  .laval15 January 2018
plusieurs personnes pouvaient passé a la caisse surtout durant la période des fêtes
Great Place to Work
Merchandising Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 January 2018
Daily tasks include organizing product and cleaning on merchandising team. Learned all areas of the store and products throughout the store. Management is very helpful in my development and very supportive. Hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of stocking the shelves with heavy items.
I went through an Agency
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
Home Depot is a very well established and reputable company, which requires his employees to be responsible and on time, there is many task at the home depot warehouse, which keeps you constantly learning new tasks.
Not A Bad Place To Work
Environmental Stewardship Analyst (Current Employee) –  CA15 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Home Depot Canada, however, the experiences one gains from working there is dependant on the team you work for. I was lucky that my team was permitted relative autonomy over our office hours, spending and general day to day operation. Management was never on a micro scale and we were able to operate as we saw fit.
Pros
Flex hours
Terrible place
Receiving & Freight Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC14 January 2018
Awful place to work, management is constantly changing, high employee turn over and terrible workplace culture and work-life balance. Minimum pay and you're expected to work like a machine.
it was a new learning experience
Customer Service/Overnight Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON12 January 2018
i worked the night shift safety replenishing stock as well as picking orders for the trucks heading out in the morning to make deliveries and over all maintain the store
Pros
learned to use the forklift among other mechanical equipment
Cons
worked for a very lazy supervisor
A typical day at work
PRO ACCOUNT SALES ASSOCIATE, MIDLAND HOME DEPOT (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON12 January 2018
The role I held was very busy on a consistent basis. There was a customer at the desk throughout the day with requirements for product whether they were picking up that day, being delivered or a special order.

There a constant but positive balancing act to ensure all customers received great customer services while managing the variety of situations as well as phone and email.
Pros
Great customers, excellent benefits
Cons
Nothing to note
One of the best retailers to work for.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
Great work culture and extremely supportive management. Individual development is given high priority and opportunities to expand and develop new skills is encouraged.
Great people to work with
Pro Account Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON11 January 2018
Good entry level job to gain experience in a retail setting. Will be able to interact with all types of customers, different ages and demographics. Work with a wide variety of co-workers. Pay is average, specialty sales does not pay enough considering requirements of the job. Great part-time job, but my experience was that raises and advancement were not based on skills and selling ability, but by conforming and not having a non orange opinion.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits
Cons
Management in general
Most likely different from when I worked there
Merchandising and customer services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2018
I worked on a pilot project team. it had it's share of issues and was consistently evolving as it went along. It is most likely very different from when I worked, so I cannot give a proper review.
Great Employer
RTV MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON9 January 2018
Have been with Home Depot for many years. Enjoy the culture the company demonstrates. Good interactions with management, associates and vendors. Very proud to be part of a company that reaches out to the community in times of need.
great work environment
Tool Rental Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON9 January 2018
the people are amazing. just a great environment. loved working there way too much. managers are so nice. even if i made a mistake you never felt like you were in trouble they treated it more as a learning experience, was the lest stressful work environment i have been in. problems because the store runs on part timers you cane stuck with more or less hours than you want. i was woking 40 hows a week every week and getting paid as a part timer. they are very flexible with action and days off.
A decent job until you find something better
Tool Technician - Tool Rental Department (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2018
I arrived with extra qualifications from the trades and construction knowledge. I was welcomed with opened arms and helped train lots of staff while I was there. I Had plenty of great coworkers and the job provided excellent benefits

However, I did not feel like there was any future with the company unless you wanted to focus on sales and train to be in management. As a Tool Tech I felt as though I reached a plateau and would never be fully appreciated in my role no matter how much extra effort I put in. In order to advance, I would have had to abandon everything I knew and embark on a path that would not see me get an immediate pay increase but take on much, much more stress and responsibility. Over all, It seems they constantly want you to give more with the uncertainty of ever getting recognized in the way of a pay raise.

Certain managers at my store were very lazy and unhelpful with day to day tasks and caused extremely low morale at my location. I found it very hard to respect them when they were unwilling to help us on the floor on a regular basis. Far too many employees showing up late for work on a regular basis and not getting reprimanded for it. This breeds a terrible work atmosphere and makes it hard for those of us taking the work serioulsy.
Benefits
Cons
-Terrible chances of reaching full-time once minimum wage went up, and a head scratcher as to how some people were promoted to managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

510.6K