The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,572 reviews matching the search
Productive and Busy
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 March 2017
The Home Depot is always very busy. We never stop, we're always on our feet, approaching customers and trying to provide the best service that we can. It's a very fast paced, up beat environment to work in!
Great people to work with
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 March 2017
The home Depot has a great atmosphere, and the management is on the associates' side. The extensive computer training makes it easy to transition to a reliable employee.
great environment
various management etc. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
I really enjoyed working for Home Depot, thus why I worked for them for 14 years. The management team was usually very good. Retail hours and pay is never really good. The environment was very family orientated, well treated in that way. Customer service change and the directional from 1999 to 2013, I think it was better in the earlier years.
Pros
great people and atmosphere
Cons
poor pay
Environnement employés
Associé de la réception et a la manutention (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC29 March 2017
Une super équipe en magasin avec une équipe chaleureux et solidaire.
Les journées ne se ressemblent pas et cela amène a des défis tous les jours
J'ai appris a délégué certaines choses
Apprendre a travailler avec différents styles et humeurs des gens
être autonome car il n'y a souvent de boss aux heures achalandés
Manque juste un peu de flexibilité dans le cheminement de carrières
Pros
Avantages sociaux, chaleur des employés, services hors pairs
Cons
Manque de supervision, manque d'écoute, communication lente
Fine
Shipper & Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
very clean working environment. very structured task-orientated atmosphere. management was really good and always offering help and percise training..
The Best Job You'll Ever Have
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 March 2017
Management was hands down the best that I have ever experienced. Every manager was genuinely kind, friendly and happy to help with whatever the situation was. Working for the Home Depot has many benefits like tuition reimbursement (for only certain programs, which is why I have decided to resign as it does no reimburse my program and does not coincide with my busy class and study schedule), also Home Depot offers a great health and benefit plan. My only reason of leaving is that they cannot provide the amount of hours that I need in order to survive as a student. It is truly the best place you can work at and I 10/10 recommend it.
good part time job with benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 March 2017
good part time job with benefits, just could get paid more since you must learn product knowledge on a vast amount of products and brands unlike other part time workplaces.
Pros
food, benefits
Cons
poor management organization and coverage and wage
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK28 March 2017
fun, great place to work at
work ethics, being friendly, communication skills
great management
fun,energetic
standing all day, lifting items
friendly employees
great community to work in
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON28 March 2017
An amazing place to work in a multiple different areas that best suits you and your preferences. Suitable hours, great staff and amazing staff involvement outside of work itself. You become a community. Everyone appreciates everyone, no one is less or better even if someone is your boss, they only act like your boss if need be. Otherwise you have a lot of friends, great training and an ability to really excel in something you like or feel you want to learn.
Pros
community, store location, hours, pay
Cons
not for everyone, people can be rude
good team
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 March 2017
good place to work with a supportive management structure.
benefits are a plus as well as all the free food and activities such as team building. good place overall.
Home Depot
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Great place to work. Management teams are power hungry. Too many bosses, not enough listeners.Not much gets done as management constantly fights. No organization with co-workers. Easy job. Just show up and exist.
Pros
Good environment to learn
Cons
Listening to management fight
Productive and excellent experience
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Wes27 March 2017
Working at home depot warehouse was a excellent experience. I got to learn how to use a EPJ(Electric Pallet Jack). I worked well with others and the supervisors were very friendly and helpful.
Good people
Part-time Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON25 March 2017
Maintain adequate number of buggies and carts near store entrance and listen to pages for loading assistance on a walkie talkie. When hear page on walkie talkie help customers load various items ranging from 5 gallon paint, floor tiles, concrete, cement, doors, fridges, washer and dryers, drywall, plywood, shingles, BBQ, sheds, mulch, dirt, cedar trees, lumber, fence panels and other merchandise that the customer needed assistance.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Lots of walking and lifting
Productive and fun
Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
This place is super chill everyone is here to help if you needed it really easy to learn in this environment

The most enjoyable part was the staff their super nice
Environnement oui très agréable, pour le service-client no 1
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QC24 March 2017
Il y a une très bonne culture d'entreprise, j'apprécie.
Seul l'aspect moins positif, selon mes besoins, sont un horaire et des heures non stable.

Je recherche soit à compléter, car j'aime mon travail public.
J'aime aussi la vente, il me manque plus de défis, de bonis..
a good beggining but terrable end
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alberta24 March 2017
the only thing worse then the culture of indifference and zero accountability was the back stabbing and utter uselessness of the management. the only thing keeping me there is the lack of full time employment that is available elsewhere
Home Depot
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 March 2017
My job was mostly in the lumber and building materials dept..I was responsible for off loading trucks of lumber, drywall and concrete using a forklift. Ensure that product is in store in a timely and safe manner. Pick overstock using a Order picker and reach truck. Make sure store is clean and grand opening ready at the end of shift. I learned a great deal there considering I went from a part-time associate to Night shift manager in 6 years. The hardest part of the job was there was a large work load on the team and not a lot of employees to get the job done.
Pros
Oppourtunity for advancement
Cons
shortstaffed
Maintaining merchandising standards
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 March 2017
Home depot has a great work place environment. I love building strong relationships with all the other associates as well as customers. I have been able to grow in this company, and continue to grow. I would love to keeping growing with many challenges I may face.
Fun environment
Part-Time Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 March 2017
The atmosphere was always fun. The company always made sure that the employees were taken care of, in regards to being happy, their wellness and safety was a serious matter. The happy employ represents the happy company.
Typical Retail Environment
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON21 March 2017
Typical retail environment -- not too bad, not too good. A lot of physical requirements regardless of department; it kept me in shape, especially during the summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.