The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Thd
NIGHT FREIGHT CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
The Home Depot was a good place to work,
Shifts were as expected,
Management was as expected.
Culture was as expected.
Customers were also as expected.
Fun work place with nicest employees
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
My 8 hours shift in a typical day would be like; greeting customers at the front door because I was the last person in contact, helping customer with loading and unloading, and making sure that there are enough carts for customer.
This was my first job. I have learnt a lot from this job. I have learnt how to work in a past paced work environment, have to satisfy and deal with customer.
Work environment was great. all the employees were super friendly and nice. Everyone knew they all have one job to do and that is provide excellent customer service.
Fighting against the weather. For my job I frequently had to go outside in the parking lot, so tolerating +40 in summer and -40 in winter was the hardest part for me.
Meeting different kind of people and talking with them was the most enjoyable part.
PRoductive Fun and stressful
Cashier/SCO/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 April 2017
Very good place for a part time job. A lot of opportunity to go further. Can learn a lot. So much interaction with different level of people. Nice multi cultural place.
poor lower management
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 April 2017
While there are some wonderful employees and members of upper management, I have struggled to have basic conversations with my immediate supervisor and his manager. There is a lack of communication, complete failure to properly train new employees (computer training without interaction) and a lack of ownership and vision to rectify existing issues. Lower management is responsible for the attrition I have seen over the past year.
Great place to work if you do not have other responsibilities
Windows and Doors specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON and Milton, ON10 April 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. However due to the fact i was in school and they required me to work a certain amount of hours i was left stranded and forced to leave
General Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2017
It was indeed a pleasure to work at Home Depot as the management of Home Depot was very cooperative and supportive.Learned a group work as how to deal in any particular situations and moreover, workplace culture was so enjoyable as I was able to learn so many new things being a fresher there.
Very nice coworkers
Customer service (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 April 2017
Managers friend's move up the ladder in the organization. You can win the best employee but you won't even consider to move up the ladder. Learn to deal with different characters
productive
Overnight Freight Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 April 2017
it's very good place to work at. good associates,Overall good team
every one very nice.was able to learn lot about the products,use the hand held device ,scan and update the products.
Pros
the first to know about the flyer
Cons
Grave yard shift was very tiring.
not great
Merchandise Execution Team (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 April 2017
Good place to work with the exception of bosses of the particular department i was working for. they made it hard for me to return to work after an injury. made it uncomfortable
on average rate.
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
it is really fun to work with home depot. also it is good for students and new comers. pay rate is low but also giving benefit for health and profit sharing as well.
Fast paced workplace with great experience
Service Desk/Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON5 April 2017
My duties as a service desk associate included assisting customers with returns, exchanges and work orders. I also provided excellent customer service with concern for customer needs. This job taught me how to provide satisfaction through excellent customer service and my knowledge of store policy and products. The workplace here was excellent but could be very fast paced.
It's not the worst, but there's room for improvement.
Sales Associate I (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 April 2017
Large turnovers, understaffed until summer, making scheduling for a life impossible. Overall customers are friendly, most will need to be taught everything. (DIY movement)
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 April 2017
At The Home Depot I learned a lot about many job skills. Data Entry, Creating accounts. Helped set up customer jobs, projects. Met great people while there.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
Busy environment lots of different products many new and interesting people. Good benefits friendly staff good working hours loved the garden center, plants,
Pros
fun christmas parties
Cons
turnover
Amazing company to build a career with
Flooring and Décor sales associate (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON4 April 2017
many opportunities came up, unfortunately was not successful but, the hiring team, have since been helping me improve and work on my skills and try again when the next opportunity comes up.
A place you will enjoy working if you understand what you're doing
Shelf stocker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
Home Depot was a great place to work, however if you didn't understand what you were selling it would make it harder. However they do make the training available to you if you ask
Work was meh employees were great
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 April 2017
The only thing that kept me around were my awesome coworkers. Managers could have been better and less lazy. they were like robots that have no gosh darn emotions
i enjoyed working at this establishment
Sales Associate (paint department) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 April 2017
In the paint department it was my job to educate customers on products such as interior and exterior paint as well as deck and sealant, i knew much about paint and little about deck preparation and renovation. they had very little patience for my lack of knowledge and never leaded me a hand in gaining or how to gain more experience for deck repair and prep.
Pros
plenty of benifits for salary and full time
Cons
very political, lots of employees like to talk you down, managers care little for satisfaction and more for result
Great Place to Work and Excel
Contractor Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2017
The Home Depot Canada provides a supportive and engaging environment in which to work and build a career. Anyone looking to grow or build upon their experience will find The Home Depot to be a great place to grow.
Pros
Great Leadership
Fast-paced and energetic workplace with a customer service FIRST attitude.
Special Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 April 2017
Working at The Home Depot allows you to enjoy your time at work, and be efficient at the same time. There is never a dull moment, and management always has your back in troubling situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.