The Home Depot Employee Reviews

productive work place
Customer Service / Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
typical day would be good. learned how to navigate the system. Enjoyed helping customers and staff with challenges. appreciated the diversity of employees. The least enjoying part of this job was being silent while being harassed by a supervisor.
Pros
minimal supervision, easy going
Cons
my supervisor was unethical and practiced work place harrassment
Well Known Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
The Home Depot is a great company, they take value in their associates and what they bring to the company.

Whether you are in a management role or a part time student, they invest in training.
Stressful, not enough staff.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 January 2018
Far to many customers and to few staff. Management not very helpful. Poor balance between hard workers and those who just do enough to get by. Pay is average at best considering the size of the company. Moral is an issue, poor training for new hires.
Pros
Fellow employees. dealing with pleasant customers.
Cons
fluctuating hours, poor pay.
Great staff
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON27 January 2018
Arrive to work, get ready, clock in and start my day. Walk outside to assist every customer i possible can with the biggest smile on my face. After thank them.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Management is iffy
Enjoyable workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2018
This company was very concerned with our health and security. The Home Depot community is like a family, as they are all heart warming and welcoming. I was able to hone some cashier skills as well as make some life long friends.
Pros
Benefits, School Grants Program
Excellent Customer Service
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC25 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job, when I build up a basic relationship between my clients and I am so grateful to have my clients and associate for your ongoing support.
Excellent benefits package
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 January 2018
Overall, it was a very good place to work. The benefits package is second to none.
Unfortunately, it seemed that the company grew too large to fast for the business practices to keep up.
Pros
Fantastic break facilities
Cons
10 hour days
eCommerce
eCommerce (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
Could be better; not a lot of incentive or promise of growth in the company. Very few women in leadership. Lean organization.
Free covered-parking and beautiful gym facilities on-site.
A fun relaxed work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON23 January 2018
Working at the Home Depot was a great job. The cashiers are treated with respect, and there is always an effort on the managers part to reduce line-ups.
high turnover
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 January 2018
Suddenly and without warning, cut all part-time hours by about 70%.
The store management was good, but to a Multi-national, you are just a statistic. Corporate does not care, even though they constantly tell you they do.
Working at Home Depot
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2018
Working at The Home Depot as a cashier was the first part time job I ever had, besides babysitting. I gained work experience and learned about customer service. I learned about helping the customers that came to the store, and working alongside other employees to make sure that work ran smoothly.
Pros
Very understanding bosses
Cons
There were many long hours
A good work place
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2018
A friendly and good place to work... working with amazing people and helping customers get what they want. The Home Depot also helps improve your skills in the Job that you do
Pros
work benefit, working with amazing people and helping customers
Cons
no specific goal to meet
Friendly and productive
Outbound Sales (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 January 2018
It was amazing experience working at Home Depot as an outbound associate, the employees were very kind, helping and the meeting in the morning before starting work reveals us how much work we have to do to complete the challenge of the day.
Pros
Free coffee with every break and lunch
Cons
10 hours shift
Fun place to work
MET Associate (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON17 January 2018
Enjoyable place to work . Treated fairly by management. Very cooperative with scheduling around personal needs. Continuous learning is encouraged. Lots of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Company paid benefits for part-time employees
Great place to work they cared about their employees
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 January 2018
When I was front end supervisor I was responsible for daily customer service satisfaction given by the front end staff to all customers shopping in the store. Took part in the hiring of many employees over the last year which made a strong impact on he store. Trained and coached and mentored all front end cashiers where necessary. When moved to electrical department I was in charge of hiring all employ Es for the dept, ordering and making sure all sale products were in the store on time for sale. I worked the floor daily and made sure customers received excellent customer service.
Pros
Friendly, caring and cared for the staff
Excellent company all around!
Freight Associate / Offshelf Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 January 2018
The 3 years i spent in The Home Depot were amazing! Overnight crews were exceptional to be a part of. Learned many great skills and love being a customer still!
Pros
Basically everything
Cons
Pay is kinda shoddy for this day and age.
Fun workplace with great employees
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON17 January 2018
It was a positive workplace that allowed employees to expand their knowledge and are encouraged to express their personality with customers to help to build better relationships.
Great staff, so many different cultures and minds coming together
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 January 2018
the diversity at the Home Depot is the most interesting and fun part of working here. Most enjoyable to learn about different cultures, different ways of doing things, different experiences.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
some jobs we do are very dusty and dirty
Too many hours not enough pay
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 January 2018
Home Depot is a very corporate minded company, who lacks the employee personal skills, that a smaller company possesses. Home Depot offered shares for their employees at a cost, too much money!
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
The top management is great! I like the core values that the company believes in.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2018
The benefits are great. The company provides a lot of training to its associates. Challenging because of difficult customers. I just don't like the working hours, shifts are not fixed making it hard to find a second job.
Overall, it is a great company with great people.
Pros
Benefits even to part time
Cons
Random schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

510.6K