The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,416 reviews matching the search
Very professional and respectful work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2017
Great company that really takes care of their employees with absolute respect.
Very enthusiastic staff which acknowledges team work the best solution for the success of such massive company
Pros
really good environment
Cons
a lot of costumers trying to fraud the store
the home depot
Customer service refund-Sale troubleshooting (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 January 2017
over all nice place to work for there is worse place to work for but the management have a tendency to to have they favorite employers who dont get in trouble no mater what they do and the none rfavorite seem to get in trouble no mater what they do
for me i was in the neutral part
but i seen the favorite come in late every day an never got in trouble mean will
i seen a new guy getting a warning up for not punching in after is lunch by 7 min
Great people, terrible management
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Mckenzie,Calgary, AB5 January 2017
Enjoy working with customers.Always eager to learn new products. Multi tasked and provided the best plus 1 customer service.
I'm extremely disappointed with the way management treat the employees.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
management
Great work environment, decent wage
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
I very much enjoyed working here as the people were very welcoming and my managers were very good at recognizing achievements. My position was Part-Time but I was given 35 hours a week on average which I really appreciated.
Very interesting job
Kitchen and bath sales and design (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB5 January 2017
I learned to plan out kitchens and help with design ideas, I did 2 months of design training, I spent a lot of time training but never felt comfortable doing anything by myself
Pros
Good wages
Cons
management are lazy
awesome
Customer Service Associate/everything (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB4 January 2017
the staff are like a family. every one cared about each other.
the scheduling though was horrible. worked there for 2 years and i got maybe three full weekends off.
great place to work
i am in many different areas (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 January 2017
I have been employed with the Home Depot for three years. I left to find a full time job, however I really missed working at the Home Depot and would like to return.
Pros
awesome people to work for
Cons
not enough hours
greet
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Nothing to say about home depot very culture and greet work place to grow and learn greet things. building a home meeting new people and understanding new culture lots of friends that still work for home depot and HR.
Pros
good stuff
Cons
choose battles
Great place to work. Love to work at Home Depot again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scot road. North Surrey B.C31 December 2016
Atypical day at work was very friendly co workers.Helpful cooperative, the floor manager was always there in case of any help or issues.There was not any hard day since the staff and the management was always there to help each other at times of any difficulty.the most enjoyable part of the job was when we got best cashier of the month badge which gave us to work hard and achieve goals.
bad everything. almost all my co workers hated management
Lot associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2016
it was a very long day there, management were full of themselves, treated employees like garbage and were disrespectful. also they make you do their work if they dont like you, 6 people quit in the three months i worked there
Pros
free water
Cons
horrible working environment
nice place to work, a little slow at times
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 December 2016
i liked working at home depot, the people were nice and had a friendly atmosphere but unfortunately, in my position anyways, it tended to be a little slow and then i had to leave due to personal reasons
Front end experience
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Country Hills, AB21 December 2016
Having worked at the country hills location in Calgary for 2 years, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the way management and supervisors treat the employees in the front end. I worked there as a lot associate and cashier, however I do have a hearing disability and apparently have been discriminated by that.

Such treatment included me to be forced to wear a radio close to my neck or to disengage from customers just so managers can be satisfied. The management there often coerced my ability to help customers by tasking me to work on various laborious jobs and constantly prevented me from giving customer satisfaction.

Essentially I was turned into an errand boy and management barely acknowledged my efforts. I can say that the country hills location did a poor job in accommodating my hearing disability and I will never work there again.
Pros
None that I can mention
Cons
Poor working environment
Good job, with some exceptions
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2016
Generally a good place with reasonable people (both customers and fellow employees) but your entire day can be easily ruined by some jerk that has nothing better to do then make your day miserable.
Pros
Flexible schedules, Job security
Cons
Unreliable hours, Rude customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2016
t was an amazing experience except for the managers who had no regards for workers.I was forced to work in unstable weather even though they were quite aware I was ill.
Pros
lots ofshifts
Cons
wage is low
Home Depot experence
Department Liaison and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON15 December 2016
Enjoy working with customers Always eager to learn new products. Multi tasked and provided the best plus 1 customer service. Customers came back looking for my knowledge and for me.
Pros
short lunch
Meet lots of great people
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON15 December 2016
Directions are majorly inconsistent!!! One minute you are told to do something one way, the next minute a totally different way! Do not trust the management in this sector. Lots of favouritism and gossiping. The job is extremely demanding both physically and mentally. Mentally because of so much confusion and contradictions. Not worth the pay which is very low for the expectations. Expect to ALWAYS work alone and if you are ever in need of physical help lifting things that state and require a Two Person lift....forget it! You are told to "Just get it done as quick as possible".
Pros
Surrounded by a lot of great people and hard workers!
Cons
No perks and low pay
The worst place to work unless you are lazy
Night shift stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2016
Very little pay I am 50 and worked very hard and the other people are like 20 to 30 and do very little and move up fast and play on there phone lost plus they do not know how to do proper management work their .
So if you every want to move into management don't work there for you will get improper training.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
excellant work environment
Vault Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 December 2016
Working here I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers as I was a Vault
Associate I was always in contact with the other employees. The hours of operation were the best and work never seemed like work.
Benefits
Cons
You had to be proactive and work in a couple departments to gain full time hours
Fun place to work, but severly cutting working hours during slack season like winter.
Cashier II (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 December 2016
Typical day of work is fun. Co-workers were nice. I learned how to handle a difficult customer. Management sometimes were demanding.
Pros
Great benefits for part-timers
Cons
During winter, shift schedule is very minimal
Productive and fun place to work at
Online Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 December 2016
The people are very cheerful and good to work with however everyone is very tense when it comes to management. There is way too much corporate drama at times.
Pros
Very comfortable offices
Cons
Too many people who are not from the industry