The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,409 reviews matching the search
greet
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Nothing to say about home depot very culture and greet work place to grow and learn greet things. building a home meeting new people and understanding new culture lots of friends that still work for home depot and HR.
Pros
good stuff
Cons
choose battles
Great place to work. Love to work at Home Depot again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scot road. North Surrey B.C31 December 2016
Atypical day at work was very friendly co workers.Helpful cooperative, the floor manager was always there in case of any help or issues.There was not any hard day since the staff and the management was always there to help each other at times of any difficulty.the most enjoyable part of the job was when we got best cashier of the month badge which gave us to work hard and achieve goals.
bad everything. almost all my co workers hated management
Lot associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 December 2016
it was a very long day there, management were full of themselves, treated employees like garbage and were disrespectful. also they make you do their work if they dont like you, 6 people quit in the three months i worked there
Pros
free water
Cons
horrible working environment
nice place to work, a little slow at times
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 December 2016
i liked working at home depot, the people were nice and had a friendly atmosphere but unfortunately, in my position anyways, it tended to be a little slow and then i had to leave due to personal reasons
Front end experience
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Country Hills, AB21 December 2016
Having worked at the country hills location in Calgary for 2 years, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the way management and supervisors treat the employees in the front end. I worked there as a lot associate and cashier, however I do have a hearing disability and apparently have been discriminated by that.

Such treatment included me to be forced to wear a radio close to my neck or to disengage from customers just so managers can be satisfied. The management there often coerced my ability to help customers by tasking me to work on various laborious jobs and constantly prevented me from giving customer satisfaction.

Essentially I was turned into an errand boy and management barely acknowledged my efforts. I can say that the country hills location did a poor job in accommodating my hearing disability and I will never work there again.
Pros
None that I can mention
Cons
Poor working environment
Good job, with some exceptions
Lumber Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2016
Generally a good place with reasonable people (both customers and fellow employees) but your entire day can be easily ruined by some jerk that has nothing better to do then make your day miserable.
Pros
Flexible schedules, Job security
Cons
Unreliable hours, Rude customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2016
t was an amazing experience except for the managers who had no regards for workers.I was forced to work in unstable weather even though they were quite aware I was ill.
Pros
lots ofshifts
Cons
wage is low
Home Depot experence
Department Liaison and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON15 December 2016
Enjoy working with customers Always eager to learn new products. Multi tasked and provided the best plus 1 customer service. Customers came back looking for my knowledge and for me.
Pros
short lunch
Meet lots of great people
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON15 December 2016
Directions are majorly inconsistent!!! One minute you are told to do something one way, the next minute a totally different way! Do not trust the management in this sector. Lots of favouritism and gossiping. The job is extremely demanding both physically and mentally. Mentally because of so much confusion and contradictions. Not worth the pay which is very low for the expectations. Expect to ALWAYS work alone and if you are ever in need of physical help lifting things that state and require a Two Person lift....forget it! You are told to "Just get it done as quick as possible".
Pros
Surrounded by a lot of great people and hard workers!
Cons
No perks and low pay
The worst place to work unless you are lazy
Night shift stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2016
Very little pay I am 50 and worked very hard and the other people are like 20 to 30 and do very little and move up fast and play on there phone lost plus they do not know how to do proper management work their .
So if you every want to move into management don't work there for you will get improper training.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Zero
excellant work environment
Vault Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 December 2016
Working here I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers as I was a Vault
Associate I was always in contact with the other employees. The hours of operation were the best and work never seemed like work.
Benefits
Cons
You had to be proactive and work in a couple departments to gain full time hours
Fun place to work, but severly cutting working hours during slack season like winter.
Cashier II (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 December 2016
Typical day of work is fun. Co-workers were nice. I learned how to handle a difficult customer. Management sometimes were demanding.
Pros
Great benefits for part-timers
Cons
During winter, shift schedule is very minimal
Productive and fun place to work at
Online Community Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 December 2016
The people are very cheerful and good to work with however everyone is very tense when it comes to management. There is way too much corporate drama at times.
Pros
Very comfortable offices
Cons
Too many people who are not from the industry
review
Cashier/Service Desk (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON12 December 2016
Home Depot is an amazing place to work with lots of advancement in position. Management is very good in this store . HR help all its employees and social gatherings
Pros
free lunches
Cons
working all weekends
good place to work
Flooring/Décor/Kitchen and Bath Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2016
I've earned a lot about the construction process while working at the Home Depot. There are so many knowledgeable employees to teach you exactly what is needed to complete a project so you're able to pass that knowledge on to customers.
Pros
food fridays
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 December 2016
Great company to work for. Family oriented and tons of benefits even for part time associates. Friendly management. Great atmosphere.
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 December 2016
Enjoy working at Home Depot in the past 91/2 month I have won many gift certificates for my achievement , I have also been the associate of the month 2 months in a row, I enjoy the people and the customers, I am working at Home Depot because I have 2 kids in University and I want to help them out financially
Pros
great benifits
Cons
there is none
Part time with no room to grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 December 2016
The job isn't overly hard, but the pay is low and the hours suck. They expect you to be available 24/7 but only hand out 10-20 hours a week.

Pay is minimum wage, no perks or discounts. Some of the department supervisors expect sooooooo much for so little pay.
Pros
easy work - your pretty much your own boss there
Cons
pay, benefits, hours
Supportive and Great Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON10 December 2016
I throughly enjoyed working for this company due to the always supportive Management and co-workers as well as the safe and fun workplace environment.
Everyone who worked there was always friendly and work days were never a dull, always exciting.
The company has an amazing full time and part time benefit plan which is unheard of now a days.
As a student, Home Depot offers Tuition Reimbursement which is outstanding due to school being so expensive.

I would recommend Home Depot as a workplace always.
Pros
supportive
Cons
long hours, hard floors
A lot of work
Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 December 2016
As a worker at the service desk there was a lot of garbage you put up with and would get paid the same as the employees on the floor which didn't seem fair.