The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,451 reviews matching the search
Overall great experience
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 February 2017
I was given the opportunity to learn many new skills with great training and seminars over my 10 years with HD.
Worked with a lot of amazing people
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2017
Would work there again if the opportunity arises in this area
Company has a great training program
they have a strong team effort
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Limited technology
Friendly staff ,
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2017
Working at Home Depot you had to work hard and show what you know , let them see your ideas. training was always good and plenty of that. Customers where always nice and had lots of questions.
Pros
good people to work with, look forwards to the next days work.
Cons
Hard to move up in the ranks.
Not a great place to advance your career rapidly.
Seasonal and Electrical Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON16 February 2017
Poor overall if you're seeking job security. Not impressed with many managers' willingness to know/learn about products in departments other than their own. Not impressed with the higher up attitude of taking advantage of the worker by not hiring on more full-time workers. Many co-workers and customers felt ripped off and gouged by the company overall and major manufactures of the product lines.
It was a joke low pay lots of work managers IDIOTS
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 February 2017
Low pay ! Managers are idiots! Like usual low pay lots of work! Managers well shouldn't of been managers! Didn't supply winter clothing gloves were a joke! I used my own to stay warm in winter! 2 winter jackets both zippers broke one had a hood! Everyone in store using the 2 jackets??? Wtf
Cons
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2017
The Home Depot provides their employees with a respectful, diversified and customer service oriented environment to work in.

The leadership team are always supportive and encourage team work. They respect my innovative ideas I suggest to them in team meetings. Consistent work related training is required to ensure I am following all the policies of the company and also to keep me updated on new procedures, systems and product knowledge. I know I am very fortunate to work in this type of environment.

I definitely feel I am part of The Home Depot "Team", and thoroughly enjoy working here.
Pros
Appreciation and Recognition by Management
Cons
The Seasonal Dept. can be a very chaotic department to work in, as the products are consistently changing all the time, therefore, it is extremely important to be able to multi-task constantly, following directives from many different managers often at the same time, which at times can become stressful. Therefore, you must know and be guided by your priorities each day.
It was a job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 February 2017
It was a place where I have worked while attending secondary schooling - unfortunatly there is a high turn over rate which was hard for long term employee's to have the respect and time off they deserved
Productive and fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 February 2017
Great environment to work with.
Enjoyed working at the location.
Flexible hours.
Long hours on the floor.
Professional and friendly staff, who help you every step of the way.
Excellent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
Home Depot makes working there a relaxed place to work with their open door policy. People that work there are very professional and easy to approach with any concerns
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Out of the way
Good job for students and pre-retiree
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 February 2017
My colleagues are awesome to work with. Politics do come into play when trying to advance. Some work life balance is a bit difficult to manage with shifts being all over due to retail.

They do monitor your sales and have expectations that conflict with customer care.
Pros
Some os the greatest friends made.
Cons
work life balance for the pay
Is a great company to work for
Cashier, Paints, Flooring, Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
I began as a cashier and very quickly moved up, and into different departments. There's always room to grow, to learn and always opportunities. I thoroughly enjoyed my placements there.
good positions for students
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
Hey its home depot what more is there to say. You clock in, do your work and leave. Simple as that. warehouse sales environment very busy on the weekends. Usually hire a lot of staff for seasonal garden department in April.
first official job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 February 2017
Dish washing is a very hard, demanding, dirty job. Other employees were great, meet a lot of nice people, managers were very flexible at the beginning.
Nice place to work but money is not enough.
Flooring/Decor Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 February 2017
A regular work day consists of opening the store with a morning rally with all staff to get day started. Then we do a daily safety inspection of our areas.The rest of the day is customer service and stocking to keep store neat and organize.

I really enjoy working with the customers and helping build their projects or help them set up someone to come install their projects.

My only con really is the heavy work load in my department and being on your feet all day takes a toll on the back.

Home Depot is a good company to work for and tries to make sure their employees needs are met.
Pros
Great team I work with, never lay off, flexible for days off and special needs.
Cons
Low wages/Heavy labour/Awards are taxed/Rules don't apply for everyone
fun place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 February 2017
it wa such an amazing experience , that i could get involved with costumer service , and got licensed as a forklift operator as well as reach truck.
Great place to work at, big room for promotion within
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 February 2017
Great people and great place to work at. Meet new people everyday and the staff will support you no matter what and will be lenient towards you as long as you do your job.
Pros
Great management
Cons
hours are not fixed. Morning are tough sometimes.
cleaning independent
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 February 2017
i learn the been responsible for something like with this business is great because is good to be responsible when my manager gave me a independent job is great to work alone and with group.
great job
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
i had no complaints, great pay. good hours and very flexible. employers and training was top notch. flexible and great benefits. great environment to work out of
Pros
great pay
Being equal as one
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2017
Home Depot is a really good place to work, you get to learn a bunch of new cool things, you get to meet and talk to great customers and coworkers. Customers get to know you and look forward to see you working and being their cashier. Being a cashier has taught me a lot of how to treat people. You're taking these people money, and they're what pay my paychecks. A lot of times I deal with people after a long day at work or whatever, their daily lives, I'm the last person they see before leaving the store, they could be having a terrible day and they might be rude and careless but at the end of the I will always act professional if a customer is being rude because they might be having a bad day you never want to make that situation worse than it already is, you have to be nice and friendly just because it might brighten up their day, you never know whats going on in their lives. Always put the customers before yourself while on the floor.
Pros
good staff, option of 30 mins or a hour lunch, pretty flexible hour, good staff
Cons
not enough hours in the winter
Great Company
Head Cashier/Supervisor/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ON31 January 2017
Love the company and the job details, the management at the Bradford store needs to be replaced, alot of "favoritism" no accountability for associates. The current management isthereason I am looking elsewhere for employment. The prior management was fantastic. TheHome Depot as a company is great with the exception of the pay, should be higher and based on performance of the individual not a sliding scale.