The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
environnement de travail agréable
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC22 September 2017
Ce travail m'a permis d'être résiliente face aux stress.
Pros
avantages sociaux
Cons
emplacement de la caisse
Retail Position with potential for advancement
Sale Associate - Plumbing & Electrical (Former Employee) –  Westmount, Edmonton, AB21 September 2017
If I could improve one thing there, it would be the training. They could do a much better job teaching the technical knowledge needed to really help customers. I had to learn on the job, which was pretty difficult and frustrating, especially when the company advertises that their employees are supposed to be there to help.

If you are looking for a a career in retail and want to learn how to manage a department or a store, The Home Depot will invest time in helping you learn that part of the business.

Most of the management team were approachable, easy to work for and cared about their employees. They seemed to be have a lot of additional tasks outside of their departments that took them away from really running their respective business units effectively.

The company really took the culture they preach to heart. The management team did a great job recognizing when employees did the right thing according to their values.

The hardest part of the job was not being able to help customers because I didn't have enough background knowledge that was specific to my department.

The best part of the job was when I felt I really was able to help someone.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, good benefits
Cons
Low pay
good temporary
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB20 September 2017
people pick favorites here and it sucks, my yearly raise was out beat by the minimum wage by 2 days. its hard to book days off without complication. the people there are great though, youll make really good friends and bonds with the community. hard to move into departments or part time to full time and other people get moved constantly
Pros
they bring food in quite a bit
Cons
play favorites
people wer nice to work with.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2017
job is very interesting, because you are working in many different departments, stocking shells from daily receiving, very busy every night , only bed things is the hours of work , usually 10:30 to 6:30 .
Pros
it is good learning job for getting to know a lot of differnt parts.
Cons
night shift
On your feet all day
Lumber and building materials associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC19 September 2017
If you can handle being on your feet most of the day then the Home Depot is for you. Good managers and nice people to work with. There a thousands of products so there is a lot to learn.
Great Work Environment
Seasonal, Flooring and Millwork Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 September 2017
- The scheduling is very flexible
- There is lots of training for new associates so you'll never be overwhelmed on your first day on the floor
- There are occasional free events like free pizza lunches
- It is a great part-time job for students.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Easy to be productive with only a little effort.
Overnight freight associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 September 2017
Working here is pretty good, as a night owl I enjoyed being up and just logging away at a stack of boxes until the end of shift, I learned how to better organize overstock and handle task management better, tyhe workplace is safe and can be quite comforting when all you do is walk in and out of aisles with your carts. the hardest part of the joc for me was the initial sleep schedule reset, but after you get used to that it's a cinch. and the most enoyable part of the job was the ease of organizing the stock, just picking up tricks to make the stock go awa faster you really get a feel for the work and get into a groove.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sleep schedule was initially hard to keep up with
na
lot associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
nothing much to say worked here part time the hours are inconsistent and part time is required to work every weekend which was an overall pain in my side
fun place to work at
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 September 2017
i enjoyed my time there. i am looking for full time job but i still want to keep my job there. wonderful management and coworkers. its a place i would recommend.
Pros
people
Cons
not enough hours
Fun work enviroment
Tool Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Good for a temp job while your still in school. Management in my location could have been significantly better. They do not treat employees well so don't expect any nice treatment.

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
Lot/Cashier
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
Customer service for all carry out. Pushing the carts back inside the store. Cleaning the lot. Line up cashier support. Pick up the materials to the customer's special orders.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Short hours
I loved my position as Cross merchandiser
Vault Associate/ Cross Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON13 September 2017
I started as a vault associate and moved to Cross Merchandiser. I fully enjoyed this position as I had to be very creative, well organized, and at times very challenging. This position was eliminated due to a fulfillment team coming into play.
General Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 September 2017
Good support from the senior level employees, good learning experience, balance between personal life and professional life. Overall a good learning and working experience.
Pros
Good place to work for
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with possibilities of growth and advancement
Bilingual Call Center Agent (Front Line Agent) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
Great job, not stressful, very cooperative team.
I did enjoy working here as the work environment is very friendly and feels like home away from home.
Stocking products.
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 September 2017
My job was stocking products, organizing boxings, cleaning the garage, sweeping the floors, cleaning the premises, helping with costumers. it was a good way to with others.
Friendly and fun place to work
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 September 2017
Really nice to work as a part time or as a student who need work during school period. Safe and friendly work environment makes everyone works safely as well as some fun.
Workplace culture
Lumber & Building Materials Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2017
the friendliness of the staff is exceptional, never a dull place to work. Always have people to lean back on for support. A typical day at work mostly consists of walking the aisles and engaging customers and supporting their needs in the aisles. Maintaining the in stock is important in keeping customers happy with our one stop shopping experience that we promote. A Lot of workplace activities to keep all staff happy and the reason why Home Depot is such a diverse employer.
This was an interesting experience
Cashier, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 September 2017
This was a seasonal job on a casual basis, although my offer of employment letter specified part-time.

I learned the layout of the store, and how to operate the particular brand of Point of Sale registers.

The hardest part of the job was spending hours on my feet wearing steel-toed boots.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with my co-workers.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
Scheduling
Fun place to work part-time, but not secure long-term
Special Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 September 2017
I enjoy working with most of the associates in my department and most of the customers that I deal with.

Some days are harder than others, depending on how many people you have to cover your breaks and lunches. But overall, the work itself is rewarding and helping customers is satisfying.

The only issue I have is - their wages are terrible. I feel like I am working a mid-level job, but being paid the minimum salary for it. The amount of responsibilities I have do not correspond correctly to the money I earn maintaining those duties. And the raises we get every year are in pennies, not dollars.

If Home Depot paid their employees more and gave more benefits, they wouldn't have such a high turnover as they do now.
Pros
Friendly work environment, light-hearted atmosphere, free lunches (sometimes paid)
Cons
Horrible job security and salary/benefits
Travail agréable
Superviseur (Former Employee) –  Trois Rivières Québec Canada10 September 2017
Travail dans une ambiance très agréable. Supervision d'une équipe performante .Excellente collaboration avec les membres de la direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.