The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,764 reviews matching the search
It is like being in high school again.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 August 2017
This was a pretty good place to work my first few years there, but then management changed. As head cashier was promoted to supervisor, all she cared about was how fast she could climb that ladder to success. Cashiers were left without a supervisor as she was never around and began to bicker and step on each others toes trying to be the boss that wasn't there. Room for advance was nil unless you wanted to wait 10 years or more to move up.
Pros
benefits and flexible schedule
Cons
lack of supervision, management has favorites
Overall good place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON17 August 2017
Being a cashier at Home Depot, for the most part is a straight forward job, I've learned a lot from working there and made new friends along the way. Management may not always be the greatest but if you just do your job, stay focused and friendly, you'll do great! Hard parts of being cashier is the not so friendly customers, but they can be found at any job!
Pros
Scheduling 3 weeks in advance, friendly environment.
Cons
Difficult customers, Certain Management.
Strong fair employer
Appliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 August 2017
Administration (included but not limited to): Reconciliation of various accounts, preparation of payroll, and inventory of supplies. Maintaining databases and creating spreadsheets. Cost analysis and budgetary recommendations.

Quality Assurance: Implemented tracking systems to improve overall efficiency and accountability of supervisors and staff.

Customer Service: Prioritized requests to significantly reduce service interruptions to customers. Responded to complaints, concerns and staff issues.

Technology Implementation: Worked in conjunction with IT Services to design and coordinate various on-line proprietary systems to improve customer service levels and response times.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
steel toes and concrete floors
Friendly and fun place to work, you also have a chance to move up and learn new procedures for other departments and always learning !
Project Coordinator/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC17 August 2017
Friendly and fun place to work . Always enjoyed the customers ! Ability to move up the latter . I learned how to take a sale and build a quote. include all products needed for install for all kinds of flooring . Sell the quote ! Then assign the the qualified installers for the type of install . should there be any issues , I would was always able to think quick and have the support of Management at all times , I didnt think that there was anything hard about working for Home Depot . I loved the Customers the most ...
Pros
Customers
Cons
shift work
Great Atmosphere!!
Overnight Associate (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, ON16 August 2017
A typical day (well night really) is very busy, there are so many of us, we just scatter to our departments. I have learned a lot. Excellent Place to work, Employee moral is extremely high, fun place to work!!
Pros
Lots of Team Activities
Cons
Sore Feet
Good Company Overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 August 2017
Good company to work overall. Some management problems, but this varies from store to store.

You can build yourself a career plan, but unfortunately, you'll need to be in the good graces of the managers.
Pros
Career plan
Cons
Bad management
Employee oriented, fun, appreciative employer
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC16 August 2017
I started at the Home Depot in the early spring of 2017. That following summer during June/July, there was massive flooding in our area, and the Home Depot was not only understanding with flexibility in scheduling enabling me to help the people I lived with protect our home, but also called me on multiple occasions to ask if there was any way they could offer assistance or support of any other kind, including trying to find volunteers amongst the employees to fill sandbags and donating certain products to help in the relief efforts.

A phenomenal culture at The Home Depot exists, truly. I would recommend it as a great place to work for anyone.
Amazing place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
The Home Depot is all about taking care of their people and they do an amazing job. They focus on culture as well a the community. Plenty of room to grow and have a stable work life balance.I have learned a ton about the operations side. Inventory control, P&L, scheduling and so much more.
Hard work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 August 2017
Good starts. Slow rank climbing. Some managers are harder to deal with than others. Good part time job if you just need spending money. No real future
fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC15 August 2017
love working there new friends and love having a challenge to be able to sale more than a lot of people and impress the bosses when they saw the number in the morning
Pros
good atmosphere
Home Depot Supply Chain
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 August 2017
- Home Depot Supply chain is a robust division within Home Depot. It is forefront in innovation and finding new ways to deliver products to customers in more efficient and cost effective way.

The regular work hours are typically long during the peak sales season. You could easily work up-to 55-60 hrs a week during peak but during off peak season the work load is very low so it balances itself.

Most enjoyable part of work is that it is very relaxed work environment and people are supportive.
Pros
People and Good work environment.
Cons
Culture of Favouritism and bias in upper management.
Not fun , bad training
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2017
Didn't have a good time at all was very bad training and never listens to my availability. Was not s good experience and I recommend finding differnt employment
Pros
Subway in the store
Cons
Didn't listen to availability
Best place I've ever worked
Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2017
Great place to work, the pay was good, schedules were always set according to availability, never had any call-ins on my days off. The other employees were usually very nice and so was the mangment team.
Good retail environment
M.E.T. Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 August 2017
As many say, having any sort of retail experience under your belt is a very good thing to have. At the location I worked the people were above & beyond amazing!
Pros
the people are great
Cons
retail salary
Poor place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 August 2017
Worked there for a brief time and realized very quickly why the turn over rate of empolyees is so high.
Management team are very unprofessional and do not represent good work ethic role models. Think they are on a whole other level than other employees. Very egotistical.
Unorganized when it comes to scheduling : multiple schedules posted which do not match and therefore conflict.
Had an issue with a department lead and brought it to HR in store as well as district manager of HR. Nothing came of it due to the senority i presume.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Bad management
Don't work there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 August 2017
The shift times go back several hours each day and you have less sleep each night as you have to get up earlier each morning during your work week. Really bad.
ideal for those wanting part time work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON8 August 2017
ideal for those looking part time work, and have no hopes of full time for many, many years. I enjoyed the people i worked with excellent family atmosphere. Education , nor experience, nor drive will help you advance in the Home Depot Structure
Pros
its a job
Cons
advancement structure
Typical work
Kitchen Designer, Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leaside, ON7 August 2017
Work environment is great until they change management
The hard part is the work schedule, most of the time we dont have enough associate on the floor.
Home Depot
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2017
Home depot is a decent place to work, The other employees are very friendly and has a good job culture. Management is decent and allow people to take time off when requested.
travail normal
Chef caissière (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 August 2017
il y a beaucoup de choses a planifier le matin, un bon travail en n équipe
Pros
soutient du gérant
Cons
vente de carte beaucoup de stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval