The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,363 reviews matching the search
Lots of room for advancement
MET (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON1 December 2016
At the home depot there is lots of advancement opportunities. Very thorough training is provided. Staff are really friendly.
Home depot
Kitchen Designer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver30 November 2016
Average. The salary is not that good. But the work culture is nice and supportive management.
I have learnt latest software for kitchen design.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Cons
Salary ok
Productive Work place
Cashier/Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB30 November 2016
While working at Home Depot, I was treated fairly and equally. The hardest part of being a cashier was the repetition but the best part was socializing with customers and making sure they left happy. I found near the end of my career at the Home Depot was that I wasn't given enough hours and enough pay in order to continue working there.
Pros
On holidays we had to work we got fed fun lunches, and I got to work and meet awesome people and gain new retail experience.
Cons
Not enough hours
Great environment
Over night freight (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 November 2016
Was a great experience to share and be part of the Home Depot team. Got along well with the overnight crew. Learnt on how Home Depot operates after closed hours.
We always had fun events for our Colleagues and family
Assistant Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON30 November 2016
As a Store Manager my day was always always exciting and unpredictable.Loved getting to know the customers and taking care of them. Loved hiring new colleagues and developing them. We always had great moral and worked as a team. No Union. As long as we were making our #'s we were left alone to make our own decisions.
Hardest part is letting some one go when you hired them.
Best part was getting to know the customer and colleagues and the freedom to be as creative as I wanted to be.
Pros
Colleagues events, Free lunches
Good place
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB29 November 2016
Had a very fun experience working at Home depot. It is a good place to gain the necessary experience needed to progress
THanks
thanks
thanks
fun place to work and very satisfying
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC29 November 2016
i throughly enjoyed working for home depot for 2 and a half years. the customers are awsome and the standards of customer service they uphold are amazing. staff is very understanding if you have dissabilities, and the room for advancement is great to. the hardest part of the job would have to be making sure you are psycicaly fit to lift excess weight. the most enjoyable part is helping coustomers with there projects and having the self satisfaction of knowing you helped people alot of times there dream project. i highly recomend working for home depot if you enjoy customer service and taking that extra step to ensure there happy with there experience.
had supportive colleagues.
Tool Rental Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 November 2016
Had lots of supportive employees. some of the customers were a joy to serve and I learned how to interact with difficult customers which lead to gaining some new skills.
Great people, terrible pay/appreciation
Seasonal and Paint Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 November 2016
It's a great place to work part time, especially as a student. Great people, flexible, lots of support and understanding from management. However, pay increases are extremely minimal. Hours are seasonal and not reliable. Even as a phenomenal employee, appreciation comes in the form of meaningless badges and lip service. It would be better if they rewarded good employees with livable hours and wages instead of giving them a meaningless award.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Insufficent hours and pay
BS place to to work
seasonal associate/cashier (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON27 November 2016
My first store I worked at amazing loved it... now I'm in a new store new department... trained me on nothing I get written up over stupid things they should have trained me on but didn't and bloody head cashiers and managers can be really rude and unhelpful. I find they get mad over things that I can't control as well as they believe they trained me on BUT DID NOT... never get a weekend off unpredictable hrs
Pros
Cons
No weekends rude coworkers and don't train properly
good place to work
Department Supervisor/On Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
management looks after associates free traing provide special fun days example bbqs fun hat days return customer as for associates by name and only want to deal with them
Pros
free training
Cons
no extra hrs
If you wanna grow, The this is the place to be
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Great organization with a rich culture and growth opportunity. Such a market leader with service and innovation that the Wall street think that this is a future growth company.
good for part time workers
Tool Rental Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2016
- if you are a student or are just looking for part time job, this is a great place to work.
- good student benefits for tuition coverage
2 out of 5
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saanich, BC23 November 2016
After 17 years of service i was treated very poorly upon leaving. The management is disrespectful and narrow minded. It was a nice place to work while raising my family but it was uncomfortable to work in an atmosphere that doesn't foster growth of an individual.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
compensation
Moderate
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Leaside, ON22 November 2016
Home depot is a moderate place to work at, the management is not that great, but it is a great friendly, and enthusiastic environment.
Pros
friendliness, coworkers
Cons
management
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Colleagues are easy-going and are fun to work with. You can make great connections there due to the vast pool and different type of customers.
Great benefits for part time staff
cashier/services (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON21 November 2016
The job can be rewarding, but is not great for the physically challenged. Can be great fun during staff events. Shift work can seriously interfere with a home life.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
Neoptistic
strict environment but good place to work
Lot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2016
Try not to get a job in lot unless you can handle very cold and very warm weather. It can become very boring in lot. And some of the head cashiers can be extremely rude especially if you are standing still and just conversing with co-workers, it is also kind of a dead end job for most because they won't usually let you leave that department for another one
Pros
some equipment in supplied
Cons
not a lot of hours
Fun experience with different customers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
Listening to customers' needs and trying to satisfy their needs by getting them what they were looking for or probing them further and getting them something very close to what they had in their minds
Pros
Handy man experience
Cons
No humanity at all
Its fun to work at home depot
Cashier - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2016
lots of different activities they have for employees.
they arrange potluck for employees
they provide different trainings to employees
they provide all safty eqipments to employee
Pros
small intervals they arrange potluck & get food from different restaurents