The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Horrible HR
Phone Sales/Special Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 October 2017
I left because when I went on mat leave the HR manager neglected to file any of the proper paperwork they needed to so that I could get my benefits. Only when we got the labor board involved did we get action.
My years at Home Depot
Cashier/Lot/Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 October 2017
When I first started I was shy and later everyone associate (who are my friends now) made me feel welcomed and make me feel right at home. I was satisfied working there.
alright job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 October 2017
itll do for a job. however at my location the backroom politiking and things of that nature were off the charts. making it an odd work environment. take it or leave it,
ok demanding
Freight Team Supervisor (Shipping/Receiving) (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE18 October 2017
people were great that you worked with demands were many.Shift was 3 to 12 which was ok but very conflicting with family.upper mangement were ok but their expections of what could be done with min people on min wage were unrealistic.
Pros
people
Cons
demands some what un realistic
Fun place to work - Polo Park Home Depot
Head Cash (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2017
Learned lots about plants and do-it-yourself-ing. Management are lovely. Workplace culture is to be amicable and polite to fellow associates, friendships grow between people who work together. Hardest part of the job is just to figure out where everything is.
Pros
lots of activities and facilities
Cons
some scheduling issues
Productive fast-pace
Night stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 October 2017
Receive evening stock truck. Unload product and sort to proper departments. Learnt the receiving side of the company. Organized special order for customers. Hardest part not enough employees. Most enjoyable part were the co-workers I got to work with. Everyone willing to help each other.
Benefits
Cons
lack of employees
home depot
VAULT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 October 2017
The benefits for pt are phenomenal. You will be greatly rewareded if you're willing to work. love my job there. Sometimes there are not enough hours to go around, therefore you should be cross trained in order to be able to be versatile .
Pros
friendly staff, approachable management lots of work perks
Cons
not a lot of hours avail during slow times
Tough hours
Special Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2017
Difficult to make ends meet if you have any dependents and you are on your own.
Your schedule is always changing from week to week so it can be a challenge to have a life outside of work.
Pros
The staff/people are wonderful
Cons
Tough hours and low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE13 October 2017
Pros
Comfy break room
Great place to work but no room to advance
Supply chain operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
There will always be challenging opportunities to work on, and talented, fun people to work with. However, because of how flat the organization runs, it becomes very difficult to move up.
Pros
work from home days, flex hours, casual dress code
Cons
no room to move up
Well established company with multiple avenues for advancement it knowledge
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC11 October 2017
This company opened the door for me to return the work force. They are well structured with many avenues to pursue if you wish to advance your existing skills or to learn new ones is you are able to be flexible to their requirements. They have great benefits with the ability to change them if your life changes. They have many flexible shifts to accommodate a number of lifestyles and disabilities. There is a great inclusive work environment where everyone tries to support each other.
Pros
Benifits, pay, structured work shifts, variety of hours, great work enviroment
Cons
you need to be very flexible to move up into management.
L'ambiance de travail est amusante
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC10 October 2017
Je travail chez home dépot depuis 2015 et depuis que je suis la bas j'ai toujours eu du plaisir à travailler là bas. Les journées de travail dur environ 8h et il y a plein d'avantage sociaux comme l'assurance qui est très bonne même pour un temps partiel.
Pros
Avantage sociaux
Cons
rémunération
fun workplace
Sales Coach/Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 October 2017
the work place environment is positive and friendly place to work, i have met many good supervisors and managers that are very reliable in this workplace and the benefits for a part timer is better than anywhere else for part time
Pros
many events and free food
Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 October 2017
Great place to work. Customers are all different types of people. co-workers are all different as well. You learn how to put customers first here. It's a great working environment
very good place to work
Overnight Freight associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2017
a very wonderful company to work in with very flexible job hours and also very friendly staff to work with as well . they are always willing to help and teach you new things .
Not so great
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON5 October 2017
When I first started there, management cared about employees. They always showed us they appreciated us. Usually with a party or at least a paid lunch once a month. They really showed that family was always important. Now management has changed and it no longer feels like a great place to work. No appreciation for cashiers, only get 1 wknd a month off regardless of what's going on in your life. I used to love going to work. Then I really started to dread going there.
Pros
Benefits for part time or full time
Cons
difficult to book time off.
Nice place to work but not enough staff
ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 October 2017
The work culture and coworkers at the home depot it the best part of working there. Everyone one is fun and very helpful to new comers.

You can learn a lot about good work ethic and sales but you have to put in the time to learn and study your department or you will we lost.

You get a lot of hours if you work hard but they will take advantage of you at the same time to work harder than others that get the same pay as you do.

The worse part about working at the Home depot is there is never enough staff when the peak times hit and you will be running around like a crazy person. I find it easy because I'm used to that kind of situation but for someone that is starting out that will want to quit and I have see it happen too.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Not enough staff
Night shifts
Pack down Associate (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC3 October 2017
Team was really great. I had a lot of fun working there the first time. The second time one of the managers was horrible and was disrespectful to the other employees and myself.
Home Depot
Retail Staffing Manager Eastern Region (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
The company is very metrics oriented and focused on the bottom line. This causes a lot of constant change on a weekly basis with people chasing down answers to which are not needed.
Not pleasant
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 October 2017
The overall atmosphere of the building was not pleasant. Managers would favor other employees. Management was not overly willing to work with the staff to meet the needs of the staff with regards to scheduling.
Pros
Foosball table
Cons
Night time hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.