The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,570 reviews matching the search
great workplace
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2017
The Home Depot is a great workplace. There are the regular routines and then different things to do everyday as well. Coworkers and management are also great people.
Great
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2017
Good company to work for. They care about the employee sometimes, they are much better than other first class jobs, but, I wouldnt get on the wrong side of the managers
Great team and benefits
Customer Service/Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 April 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job...the team that you work with. we are a family :)
the hardest part of the job....have only one weekend a month off. its not enough and also I don't think is fair managers and supervisor having every second weekend off. we all should be on the same page.
overall is a good place to work.
Pros
free lunches once a month
Cons
dislike working on the weekends or later than 5pm.
Difficult task with great culture.
Over Night Freight Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2017
Workers with customer friendly attitude and excellent customer service skills.
Hard working environment tackling difficult tasks.
Management lacks quality and care for their employees.
Flexibility of schedule leaves a lot to be desired.
Pros
Excellent employees
Cons
Management skills
Decent Job, Poor Management
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB22 April 2017
The job itself was relatively enjoyable, lots of varied tasks and a chance to practice problem solving, but the management of the store was horrific. Often impossible to get a hold of, management would let customer issues escalate until they become colossal disasters and leave them for their employees to try and clean up.
Stable work
Head Cashier, Bookkeeping associate. (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2017
I think that the Home Depot is a safe and dependable employer. The pay is not the greatest but the benefits if your full-time compensate for their pay scale.
Great Environment
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2017
The Home Depot is a great place to work for many reasons. Friendly co-workers and management staff, great benefits. Tons of opportunities to learn, even outside your department.

The hours are sporadic sometimes, making scheduling hard. Working their is nice since it's easy to form strong relationships with management and fellow associates.

The benefits are good, and there are tons of opportunities to learn about your field and others, through the other people working there.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Inconsistent Hours
great work atmosphere
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 April 2017
work life balance
diversity and family are very important for the company
room for advancement

training always provided to improve productivity

hardest part of the job was unwilling staff to learn and improve/ firing staff
the most enjoyable part was dealing with customers
Pros
respectable company
Cons
na
informative
Sales and Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON18 April 2017
informative, hours are not guaranteed, hours mostly depend on season, can cross-train which I did to increase hours. friendly associates, team players
Enjoyable place to work with great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON18 April 2017
I loved going to work here. You have so many opportunities to learn new things and it's like a family.
I started as a Cashier but you get the opportunity to learn any department you like. I moved to seasonal and it was the perfect department for me! I liked that there was always thints to learn and do. Always room to grow.

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
Stable employment, good work package, equitable wages
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 April 2017
Provided a basic income and stable, part-time position. Management emphasized the development of culture and provided above-average work packages/benefits for their employees.
Bad
MERCHANDISING EXECUTIVE TEAM (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 April 2017
Manager didn't know what he was doing and treated his employees with disrespect no matter how hard we worked. The job wasnt hard, the hardest part was lfiting heavy items.
Home depot has a good working enviormant
Cashier and tool Rental Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 April 2017
Home depot is a good working place with good supervisors and good knowledge building enviorment . They treat their associates very well. I came to learn and adapt the most good human being values working with them
Pros
Good enviorment
Cons
There are no disadvantages
Part time Summer Job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 April 2017
As a part time associate at the Home Depot I did learn a great deal about customer service as well as digging to find a customer objections, This was definitely the beginning of my skill development in a seasonal position.
Thd
NIGHT FREIGHT CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2017
The Home Depot was a good place to work,
Shifts were as expected,
Management was as expected.
Culture was as expected.
Customers were also as expected.
Fun work place with nicest employees
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
My 8 hours shift in a typical day would be like; greeting customers at the front door because I was the last person in contact, helping customer with loading and unloading, and making sure that there are enough carts for customer.
This was my first job. I have learnt a lot from this job. I have learnt how to work in a past paced work environment, have to satisfy and deal with customer.
Work environment was great. all the employees were super friendly and nice. Everyone knew they all have one job to do and that is provide excellent customer service.
Fighting against the weather. For my job I frequently had to go outside in the parking lot, so tolerating +40 in summer and -40 in winter was the hardest part for me.
Meeting different kind of people and talking with them was the most enjoyable part.
PRoductive Fun and stressful
Cashier/SCO/Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON11 April 2017
Very good place for a part time job. A lot of opportunity to go further. Can learn a lot. So much interaction with different level of people. Nice multi cultural place.
poor lower management
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 April 2017
While there are some wonderful employees and members of upper management, I have struggled to have basic conversations with my immediate supervisor and his manager. There is a lack of communication, complete failure to properly train new employees (computer training without interaction) and a lack of ownership and vision to rectify existing issues. Lower management is responsible for the attrition I have seen over the past year.
Great place to work if you do not have other responsibilities
Windows and Doors specialist (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON and Milton, ON10 April 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company. However due to the fact i was in school and they required me to work a certain amount of hours i was left stranded and forced to leave
General Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2017
It was indeed a pleasure to work at Home Depot as the management of Home Depot was very cooperative and supportive.Learned a group work as how to deal in any particular situations and moreover, workplace culture was so enjoyable as I was able to learn so many new things being a fresher there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.