The Home Depot Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,246 reviews matching the search
Friendly place to work, very accommodating management, great support.
Cashier/ Customer Service Rep/ Returns - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 28, 2016
A typical day involved providing excellent customer service, and making sure the clients needs were met or exceeded. Management was very supportive with answering questions and resolving problems. The staff and coworkers always worked together as a team.
Most enjoyable was the interaction with clients and staff alike.
Pros
Flexibility of the job. Benefits for part-time workers.
hardworkers
Pro-Desk Assistance associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 28, 2016
Nice environment and staff. they are number one in the costume services. you will never get upset there. there is always someone approaches you very kindly and offers you help
the product quality
Special Service Asso/Project Coordinator Ins (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 27, 2016
The product is researched before sold and this is giving the customer's confidence in what they buy. Working for Home Depot was a on going learning process but unfortunately there was no follow up. Positive feed back was few and far between.
Pros
helps customer's
Cons
n/a
Great place
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 26, 2016
Home Depot was really good to work at. There was lots of areas to learn and teach. There are many opportunities to move forward into other areas of business.
Pros
Product knowledge
Cons
not many
Great Starter
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 25, 2016
An amazing place to work at, but It's the positive environment is what kept me intrigued in continuing employment with them.
A productive work place that used to have table tennis.
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2016
An average position, nothing particularly outstanding about the position or the company. Some good coworkers and decent management. Although being understaffed was a constant issue.
Enjoyable working with the Contractors and Customers
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABJuly 24, 2016
Dealing with Contractors and Customers on their specific projects is satisfying when you assisted them in getting what they need in a timely manner.
Working with and training of staff to ensure they can provide the right information and knowledge to the customer in a manner which is not offensive is also very satisfying.
The positive feed back, returning clients and referrals, assures you that you have provided the ultimate customer service
Pros
Returning contractors and customers
Cons
Timely supply of goods and stock levels
free pizza lunches for working overime
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 22, 2016
While working at Home Depot I really enjoyed working with so many people everyday, also I liked the fast pace environment, always something to do. Id have to say one of the hardest part of the job was adjusting to the hours, getting in the routine of waking up at 4am wasn't easy.
Pros
free pizza lunces for working overtime
Cons
no benifits
Great place to work, especially for students and Part-Time
FLOORING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 21, 2016
Good Support and job Culture. Managers and supervisors are really helpful. Training you can use for other trade jobs. work days are not too long and supervisors take time to properly train each associate with almost professional precision.
Pros
easy work, hour launch
Cons
none really for the type of job
Fast paced hands on environment
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 21, 2016
Learning new things that benefit myself as a person and an employee on a daily basis that can be applied to everyday personal life. Great management, integrity, and a great environment to work in.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 18, 2016
Worked in flooring department great people had a great time enjoyed going to work . If anyone is looking for a great job with benifets !
Great place to work, people are great and decent part time pay.
Paint Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJuly 17, 2016
Great work culture that creates a very social and positive work area while being focused on training and great service to customers. A lot of experience in organization and team building. Part time pay is quite little and benefits and minimal.
Pros
Friendly environment with great experience.
Cons
In-consistent hours and low pay.
Successful Company with key core values
Manager, Pro (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2016
This company is a strong and ethical retailer with key core values. They believe in giving back to the community and try to take care of its employees.
Positive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QCJuly 14, 2016
Colleagues were pleasant. On site training provided the hires to be well versed in a multitude of <do it yourself> projects.
Productive workplace, but no room/opportunity for promotion or advancement in my hours
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJuly 14, 2016
Overall my experience was good, but I did not see any room to expand in their ranks, and I was not receiving the hours I needed. My co-workers were overall very personable and friendly, I got along well with everyone. However, there were some that I felt did not pull their weight. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to help someone find what they needed and leave our store happy.
Pros
Freindily staff, I often felt like I always find a job that needed to be done.
Cons
There was no oppertonity for advancement in pay or hours
Its a productive and fun place to work we have access to wiffi, internet, computers anytime we on lunch, breaks etc
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 13, 2016
I love working at the Home depot. We get profit sharing and safety questionaires to updated us alway
Pros
We have lots of priveledges to cross trained in any department, we have choices of 60 mins or 30 mins lunches, bbq and christmas parties every year, paid meeting etc.
Cons
Not able to get hired full time, its mostly partime positions, hardly any fulltime positions available.
fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 13, 2016
overall good place to work, head office needs to pay more attention to associates needs and suggestions to make home depot a better working experience
Pros
free breakfast/ pizza luch
good place to work
Part-time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
I enjoyed working with the customers,
home-depot is a good place to work, the benefits are awesome, the training is easy and steady
Good clean workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 12, 2016
Good benefits, clean place to work.
Growing within the company...
Handling a lot of tasks at once.
Lots to learn.
Fun and great work environment.
VAULT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 12, 2016
Challenging positions with great leadership from management level. Friendly co-workers using positive communication and team support.