The Home Depot Employee Review

View all The Home Depot reviews

A fun and exciting place to work.
Paint Associate (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CA16 April 2012
Clock in, hit the floor and let all co-workers in my department know I'm on. Then find out what projects we got going and go from there. One thing I learned @ home depot is how communicate to various customers. Management is A+ as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my is dealing with rush of customers which is not so bad. The most enjoyable part is working beside a great group of individuals.

Other The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Pleasant work atmosphere.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON7 December 2017
Very pleasant work atmosphere. Company was very thorough with training regime on monthly basis. Always encouraging their employees to seek advancement with the company through schooling or internal promotions.The Home Depot has taught me how to fine tune my customer service interactions. The hardest part of the job is to try and solve customers problems when they lacked the knowledge of what was required to complete their task. Having customers coming back to thank you for your advice, and letting you know that everything went smoothly.
Pros
Many social committee events, employee recognition, lunches
Cons
Shifts have a tendency to be a little inconsistent
home depot culture
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  windsor, Ontario7 December 2017
- most enjoyable part of the job was the people to work with, everyone, for the most part was very easy to get along with and full of ideas.
- hardest part of the job would be that it was a night shift contract which makes it difficult to visit friends and family after hours, but not really a negative thing, just part of the job.
- management was very good at keeping everyone on task and making sure everyone had tasks that were suitable to their best skills as to not overwhelm them with work they cannot handle.
Pros
good people, nice teamwork
Cons
night shift is undesirable in many workers cases

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.