The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

its ok
RETAIL SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2017
The problem with home depot is that it's somewhat mindless there training every month some time weekly. in some sense, you get an idea that the management are not the most fabulous people
Pros
long lunch
Cons
atmosphere
Flooring Associate
Maintaining sales floor appearance
Superior product knowledge
Maintain a professional appearance
Depressing atmosphere
Flooring Sales Associate, Okotoks (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB26 October 2017
Shifts were very inconsistent
Some supervisors think they are more important than what they actually are
The younger you are, the more they take advantage of you to do more but still pay you the same as others
Seniors sit around and pretend to look busy
Very disorganized system of having people looking after their own departments
Training process is poor
Pros
Bonus at the end of the year
Cons
Boring job
intensive flooring department
Flooring Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON27 September 2017
-had to manage most of my department since manager and coworkers were absent

-learned how to cut carpet, runners and several types of blinds. Placing special orders for flooring and blinds. Assisted customers with other personal projects.
I had a great experience at Home Depot
Flooring and Decor Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON2 September 2017
I had an excellent experience at the Home Depot Barrhaven location. I met many coworkers and customers who are still my friend. The work gave me a lot of sales experience and I am very grateful for that and look forward to applying the skills I learned there to the many opportunities that will arise for me in the future.
Good Employer To Work For
Flooring/Décor Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 May 2017
- Great people to work with, management included
- Co-workers & management help each other at work & at home
- See & talked to different customers every day
- Learned great customer service skills
- Learned great communication skills
Pros
Co-workers help each other out
Cons
Shift work hours
normal place to work
Cashier / Flooring associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2017
if you have time for a temporary work go ahead and apply to the place to work really good for students or people who are retired and want something extra to do on a daily basis
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
grumpy customers if you dont know the answer to their problems
Amazing company to build a career with
Flooring and Décor sales associate (Current Employee) –  Rexdale, ON4 April 2017
many opportunities came up, unfortunately was not successful but, the hiring team, have since been helping me improve and work on my skills and try again when the next opportunity comes up.
Working at the Home Depot
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 March 2017
Good place to work. Currently on night shift. They give full time hours but rarely hire "full time". Ive been there for 2 years now. If you want to move up in the company night shift is not the position you want to pursue.
Nice place to work but money is not enough.
Flooring/Decor Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 February 2017
A regular work day consists of opening the store with a morning rally with all staff to get day started. Then we do a daily safety inspection of our areas.The rest of the day is customer service and stocking to keep store neat and organize.

I really enjoy working with the customers and helping build their projects or help them set up someone to come install their projects.

My only con really is the heavy work load in my department and being on your feet all day takes a toll on the back.

Home Depot is a good company to work for and tries to make sure their employees needs are met.
Pros
Great team I work with, never lay off, flexible for days off and special needs.
Cons
Low wages/Heavy labour/Awards are taxed/Rules don't apply for everyone
Very good job, problem with management
Sales Associate for Flooring (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC18 January 2017
HD Pointe-Claire was a very fine job for me that I held for a few months. Unfortunately there were problems with the management in how they divided work amongst themselves (they would do all the work together, which seemed ineffective). It was a good experience dealing with customers and dealing with their needs. Great atmosphere and freat co-workers. Have to be on your feet all shift-long, but the feeling of helping clients made up for it.
good place to work
Flooring/Décor/Kitchen and Bath Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2016
I've earned a lot about the construction process while working at the Home Depot. There are so many knowledgeable employees to teach you exactly what is needed to complete a project so you're able to pass that knowledge on to customers.
Pros
food fridays
no commend
Flooring Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 October 2016
there is no commend, there is fun and joy work in HomeDepot. This store people is very friendly and I am very happy to work there. But there is no full time available.
Great place to work, especially for students and Part-Time
FLOORING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 July 2016
Good Support and job Culture. Managers and supervisors are really helpful. Training you can use for other trade jobs. work days are not too long and supervisors take time to properly train each associate with almost professional precision.
Pros
easy work, hour launch
Cons
none really for the type of job
Great place to work in customer service
Specialty Sales Associate for Flooring (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 April 2016
• Built strong relationships with customers and contractors
• Provided outstanding customer service recognized by clients and management
• Increased sales through transparency when explaining concepts and providing quotations
Pros
Oppourtunity for growth
great place to work
Full time Flooring and decor sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 April 2016
never a dull day helping customers all day is very satisfying working to find the perfect flooring solution for your customers.
I have learned time management, fork lift skills, first aid and great sales skills .
management are great they support your job development and growth as a person and an associate.
my coworkers are the greatest group of people I've ever worked with
supportive and driven.
the hardest part of my job is when you see a person leave with the wrong product and wont change to a suitable one.
seeing the final project completed a lot of my customers come back to show me the final project.
Pros
training and long term
Cons
awesome place to work and the people are even better
Flooring associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON7 March 2016
this is by far my favourite place i have worked in my entire job career the employees are awesome made some great friends there that i will keep for ever when ever i go back to buy something its like i never left and everyone makes me feel like its my second home
Excellent experience
Floor Associate Home Decor and Flooring (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2016
I would work at Home Depot again if I got hired
Environment is very fair
Hours were good
Friendly seniors
I like the product selections
Ease of machinery use
Selling you whatever you need.
Flooring and Décor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 October 2015
The day is spent greeting and assisting customers as they work on their various odd jobs in their home or extensive renovations.
Pros
Fellow associate relationships
Cons
Great People. Abysmal Pay.
Flooring Associate (Former Employee) –  Courtenay, BC29 September 2015
Overall, the People make it a great place to work. Home depot places a lot of emphasis on training to make sure their associates can deliver exceptional service. If only they would realize that offering only part time hours on an irregular shedule, for a wage that leaves most struggling to just survive, should be considered criminal. Pay should be Minimum $12.50 for general employees, and $15 to $18 for specialty/ consultation departments. ALL part time should be offered minimum 24 hours per week, before additional staff are hired. The company is greedy.
Pros
Great People. Reputable company.
Cons
Very Low Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.