The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Lot Attendant

Lot/Cashier
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
Customer service for all carry out. Pushing the carts back inside the store. Cleaning the lot. Line up cashier support. Pick up the materials to the customer's special orders.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Short hours
Friendly and fun place to work
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 September 2017
Really nice to work as a part time or as a student who need work during school period. Safe and friendly work environment makes everyone works safely as well as some fun.
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 August 2017
amazing learning experience took skills with me that i still use today. As a young student i found this job kept me very active and busy never had any bad experiences
Not fun , bad training
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2017
Didn't have a good time at all was very bad training and never listens to my availability. Was not s good experience and I recommend finding differnt employment
Pros
Subway in the store
Cons
Didn't listen to availability
Fun and flexible
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2017
Home depot is a good place to work at. The managers are really nice and HR is very easy to talk to as well and very flexible with availability and booking days off.
good work environment
Part time lot associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC15 July 2017
The managers did not stick to their words when it came to important things in my life. For example high level baseball I was not able to miss and was told I could take the time off to play but when it came to the days I needed off I was told I could not miss work.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
managers
alright
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2017
They really work you to the bone for the little wage you get. they give you lots of hours and expect the world of you. But they do give pretty good benefits and they do take care of you which is a plus
Good enough
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2017
Decent place, many coworkers often skipped shifts leaving the blunt of the work on your shoulders. Decent pay, and coworkers who did attend were very friendly and helpful
Cons
Unreliable coworkers
fun workplace
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 June 2017
fun to work at, everyone is awesome and loving. i work lot where i just push carts all day and help people with loading. the hardest part of the job is the temperature but thats all
Recommended
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 May 2017
This was the first company that I worked for when we migrated here in Canada. I can say that the people were great, as well as the management. I worked as a Lot Associate and I could say that the worst part of the job was working in the winter. But I would recommend this company. Great place.
Fun and I found it would be a great place to start with your first job
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB23 May 2017
(you know this mandatory survey is rude right?) A typical day would be pushing carts, cleaning the lot, making sure garbages weren't too full and cleaning up other people's messes haha, you're a....warehouse chimp of sorts but the work was easy to get a rhythm for, which I liked. Its pretty monotonous but I like things that way, not much changes and honestly it felt like things were different month to month but I think had I been there a second year it would have been like putting life on repeat haha.
Pros
great HR department!
Cons
if you're the first one working, you're the only one working haha
Great Summer Job
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2017
Very physically demanding, team-driven job. Great job when working with a productive team. Very knowledgeable staff, willing to share experience and support home-improvement projects.
learn lots of things
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Leslie and Elgin mills28 April 2017
when you get to know the people that work in all the different departments they teach you a lot of interesting things, depending on which department they work for.
Great
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2017
Good company to work for. They care about the employee sometimes, they are much better than other first class jobs, but, I wouldnt get on the wrong side of the managers
Decent Job, Poor Management
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB22 April 2017
The job itself was relatively enjoyable, lots of varied tasks and a chance to practice problem solving, but the management of the store was horrific. Often impossible to get a hold of, management would let customer issues escalate until they become colossal disasters and leave them for their employees to try and clean up.
Fun work place with nicest employees
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 April 2017
My 8 hours shift in a typical day would be like; greeting customers at the front door because I was the last person in contact, helping customer with loading and unloading, and making sure that there are enough carts for customer.
This was my first job. I have learnt a lot from this job. I have learnt how to work in a past paced work environment, have to satisfy and deal with customer.
Work environment was great. all the employees were super friendly and nice. Everyone knew they all have one job to do and that is provide excellent customer service.
Fighting against the weather. For my job I frequently had to go outside in the parking lot, so tolerating +40 in summer and -40 in winter was the hardest part for me.
Meeting different kind of people and talking with them was the most enjoyable part.
Work was meh employees were great
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 April 2017
The only thing that kept me around were my awesome coworkers. Managers could have been better and less lazy. they were like robots that have no gosh darn emotions
fun place to work
LOT AND DELIVIERS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2017
Great place to work. People were great and always alot of fun to be around. Very good training to get you prepared for the job, and other associates are always willing to help you if needed.
Pros
work lunch days
Cons
schedule made 3 weeks in adanvce
Good people
Part-time Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON25 March 2017
Maintain adequate number of buggies and carts near store entrance and listen to pages for loading assistance on a walkie talkie. When hear page on walkie talkie help customers load various items ranging from 5 gallon paint, floor tiles, concrete, cement, doors, fridges, washer and dryers, drywall, plywood, shingles, BBQ, sheds, mulch, dirt, cedar trees, lumber, fence panels and other merchandise that the customer needed assistance.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Lots of walking and lifting
Typical Retail Environment
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON21 March 2017
Typical retail environment -- not too bad, not too good. A lot of physical requirements regardless of department; it kept me in shape, especially during the summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval