The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Good Place to work, but not so great hours.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON2 October 2017
I felt that working at home depot gave me great experience, but they didn't give me enough hours that I needed to pay off debts that I have from going to school.
Don't work here if you want a career.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
Terrible management, scheduling is a nightmare, they expect you to do the work of 3 people in a very short time frame. The only positive thing I can say about working here is that the hours are flexible, UNLESS it interferes with them of course.

If you don't plan on staying long, by all means apply. However, if you are planning on a career, run. Run away. I have worked here 4+ years and have not seen any advancement, and don't bother trying because any extra responsibilities you are given do not come with an increase in pay or benefits. Full time hours, part time employee. Doesn't change.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Part-time benefits
Cons
Bad scheduling, terrible management.
Some of the staff are really nice
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC24 August 2017
Not a good chose for a single parent as at times, without notice, they cut your hours making it impossible to pay rent. Then they increase it the next month, and this repeats.
Pros
300 in dental benefits that only covers cleaning
Cons
Understaffed that leads to poor Customer Service
review by Dustin
Customer services assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
it was a amazing job with plethora of different tasks, this was my first costumer service associate type job outside of work experience. this was a job that required you to be physically fit. you pushed around long lines of carts in all types of weather.

you helped costumers carry there things t there vehicles, operated pallet jacks. helped with stock and inventory. took computer tests. sweeped up large portions of the parking lot.

used large heavy tools to break down massive crates, and was also part of a highly competent team.
Pros
good pay, stable hours.
Good Experience
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 July 2017
I enjoyed my last position there as a Merchandiser but decided on a Career change. Decided to go in to a different area of work and to go back to school to upgrade my skills and knowledge.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
More flexibility to Part Time Staff
It was a fun position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
This job was competitive. We had a quota to sustain every month. The objective was to get minium or maximum people to sign up for the home Depot credit card. I quickly memorized my department bin# , so that I could direct customers in finding products.
I was surprised that I handled difficult customers with respect and stayed in a solution always. The team work environment was impeccable. I enjoyed this job.
Pros
Team enviroment
Cons
The amount of returns and no space
One of the best places I ever worked
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2017
It can get extremely stressful and for the pay you get, it's not at all justified, that said, the people and the culture is amazing. Fun place to be at and be a part of.
Ins and outs of Home Depot
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 June 2017
The job has great people and feels like a family, however higher up make it stressful at times with cut backs.
A typical day can be busy or slow always something to do, how ever some stick to just bare minimum.
Some management are nice and work well with you and approach things nicely but others can be hard to work with and just care that you are getting the work done.
The job is very hard to move up in and has taken some over 10+years to move up.
The people you work with are usually the best part of it bonding like a family were you wouldn't want to go anywhere else.
Ideally this job is for young first time workers and retired professional.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
long hours, little staff, management, locating stock
Frequent management changes
plumbing and sales, awards for customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2017
Frequent management changes could make things a bit chaotic at times. Given lots of opportunity to work at different departments at the store and aquire product knowledge.
fun for all and food sometimes to
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 May 2017
its good most days but can become over whelming very quickly great group of employees that get along and its fun most days and when we do good as a group they feed us pizza and bbq
Pros
food and people
Cons
angry customers

Want to know more about The Home Depot?

Ask a question
lumber section
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
cut and stack lumber,
help customers finding wood.
organized and categorize products
go to staff meetings
work overtime
open and close store
always smile
Pros
i am a very social person
Cons
very minimal room to move up
Low wages, zero training
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2017
Very poor training involved, After their "training period" you were told to go on the floor and I had no idea or direction as to what was expected as well as very low wages
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low wages
enjoy my work
Expeditor/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 April 2017
love to solve all of customer's problems and associating with associates

I learn new things everyday about products.

happy to finish my work on time.
Pros
free food
Very nice coworkers
Customer service (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 April 2017
Managers friend's move up the ladder in the organization. You can win the best employee but you won't even consider to move up the ladder. Learn to deal with different characters
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 April 2017
At The Home Depot I learned a lot about many job skills. Data Entry, Creating accounts. Helped set up customer jobs, projects. Met great people while there.
Great Place to Work and Excel
Contractor Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2017
The Home Depot Canada provides a supportive and engaging environment in which to work and build a career. Anyone looking to grow or build upon their experience will find The Home Depot to be a great place to grow.
Pros
Great Leadership
good part time job with benefits
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 March 2017
good part time job with benefits, just could get paid more since you must learn product knowledge on a vast amount of products and brands unlike other part time workplaces.
Pros
food, benefits
Cons
poor management organization and coverage and wage
Exceptional team and a very accommodating work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON28 February 2017
Coworkers and management are very knowledgeable. It was a pleasure being a part of a high efficiency team. Having most employees with cross-department knowledge is incredibly helpful.
There may be shifts where heavy lifting and product organization are the bulk of the day, but having company events resulting in a quite regular supply of snacks in the break room makes quite a difference.
The customer base is also very pleasant.
Overall great experience
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 February 2017
I was given the opportunity to learn many new skills with great training and seminars over my 10 years with HD.
Worked with a lot of amazing people
Productive and fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 February 2017
Great environment to work with.
Enjoyed working at the location.
Flexible hours.
Long hours on the floor.
Professional and friendly staff, who help you every step of the way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.