The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Engaging work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2018
A typical day consisted of me greeting the customers, providing great customer service, helping customers locate what they were looking for in the store and processing orders.
productive work place
Customer Service / Special Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
typical day would be good. learned how to navigate the system. Enjoyed helping customers and staff with challenges. appreciated the diversity of employees. The least enjoying part of this job was being silent while being harassed by a supervisor.
Pros
minimal supervision, easy going
Cons
my supervisor was unethical and practiced work place harrassment
it was a new learning experience
Customer Service/Overnight Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON12 January 2018
i worked the night shift safety replenishing stock as well as picking orders for the trucks heading out in the morning to make deliveries and over all maintain the store
Pros
learned to use the forklift among other mechanical equipment
Cons
worked for a very lazy supervisor
Most likely different from when I worked there
Merchandising and customer services Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2018
I worked on a pilot project team. it had it's share of issues and was consistently evolving as it went along. It is most likely very different from when I worked, so I cannot give a proper review.
Tool rental
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2017
Typical day during the summer season was very fast paced really enoyed the management and bonus oppurtunites, performed well with sales and rental aggrements, awsome place to work in, great enviroment, skilled co-workers.
Such a family orientated work place to feel like you belong there.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 December 2017
Working at Home Depot is actually so much fun. You learn so much everyday and your co-workers are like your best friends from date one. Management is so easy to talk to as well and it's a great place to work!
Pleasant work atmosphere.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON7 December 2017
Very pleasant work atmosphere. Company was very thorough with training regime on monthly basis. Always encouraging their employees to seek advancement with the company through schooling or internal promotions.The Home Depot has taught me how to fine tune my customer service interactions. The hardest part of the job is to try and solve customers problems when they lacked the knowledge of what was required to complete their task. Having customers coming back to thank you for your advice, and letting you know that everything went smoothly.
Pros
Many social committee events, employee recognition, lunches
Cons
Shifts have a tendency to be a little inconsistent
Values
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  BDC3 November 2017
Values are not upheld.
Management unfair
salary levels are poor
high turnover rates
no recognition for job well done
poor accomodations
no motivation
Good Place to work, but not so great hours.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON2 October 2017
I felt that working at home depot gave me great experience, but they didn't give me enough hours that I needed to pay off debts that I have from going to school.
Don't work here if you want a career.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
Terrible management, scheduling is a nightmare, they expect you to do the work of 3 people in a very short time frame. The only positive thing I can say about working here is that the hours are flexible, UNLESS it interferes with them of course.

If you don't plan on staying long, by all means apply. However, if you are planning on a career, run. Run away. I have worked here 4+ years and have not seen any advancement, and don't bother trying because any extra responsibilities you are given do not come with an increase in pay or benefits. Full time hours, part time employee. Doesn't change.
Pros
Profit Sharing, Part-time benefits
Cons
Bad scheduling, terrible management.
Some of the staff are really nice
Customer Service Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC24 August 2017
Not a good chose for a single parent as at times, without notice, they cut your hours making it impossible to pay rent. Then they increase it the next month, and this repeats.
Pros
300 in dental benefits that only covers cleaning
Cons
Understaffed that leads to poor Customer Service
review by Dustin
Customer services assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
it was a amazing job with plethora of different tasks, this was my first costumer service associate type job outside of work experience. this was a job that required you to be physically fit. you pushed around long lines of carts in all types of weather.

you helped costumers carry there things t there vehicles, operated pallet jacks. helped with stock and inventory. took computer tests. sweeped up large portions of the parking lot.

used large heavy tools to break down massive crates, and was also part of a highly competent team.
Pros
good pay, stable hours.
Good Experience
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 July 2017
I enjoyed my last position there as a Merchandiser but decided on a Career change. Decided to go in to a different area of work and to go back to school to upgrade my skills and knowledge.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
More flexibility to Part Time Staff
It was a fun position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2017
This job was competitive. We had a quota to sustain every month. The objective was to get minium or maximum people to sign up for the home Depot credit card. I quickly memorized my department bin# , so that I could direct customers in finding products.
I was surprised that I handled difficult customers with respect and stayed in a solution always. The team work environment was impeccable. I enjoyed this job.
Pros
Team enviroment
Cons
The amount of returns and no space
One of the best places I ever worked
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2017
It can get extremely stressful and for the pay you get, it's not at all justified, that said, the people and the culture is amazing. Fun place to be at and be a part of.
Ins and outs of Home Depot
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 June 2017
The job has great people and feels like a family, however higher up make it stressful at times with cut backs.
A typical day can be busy or slow always something to do, how ever some stick to just bare minimum.
Some management are nice and work well with you and approach things nicely but others can be hard to work with and just care that you are getting the work done.
The job is very hard to move up in and has taken some over 10+years to move up.
The people you work with are usually the best part of it bonding like a family were you wouldn't want to go anywhere else.
Ideally this job is for young first time workers and retired professional.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
long hours, little staff, management, locating stock
Frequent management changes
plumbing and sales, awards for customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2017
Frequent management changes could make things a bit chaotic at times. Given lots of opportunity to work at different departments at the store and aquire product knowledge.
fun for all and food sometimes to
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC25 May 2017
its good most days but can become over whelming very quickly great group of employees that get along and its fun most days and when we do good as a group they feed us pizza and bbq
Pros
food and people
Cons
angry customers
lumber section
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 May 2017
cut and stack lumber,
help customers finding wood.
organized and categorize products
go to staff meetings
work overtime
open and close store
always smile
Pros
i am a very social person
Cons
very minimal room to move up
Low wages, zero training
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 April 2017
Very poor training involved, After their "training period" you were told to go on the floor and I had no idea or direction as to what was expected as well as very low wages
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.

510.7K