The Home Depot Employee Reviews for Associate

home depot
VAULT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 October 2017
The benefits for pt are phenomenal. You will be greatly rewareded if you're willing to work. love my job there. Sometimes there are not enough hours to go around, therefore you should be cross trained in order to be able to be versatile .
Pros
friendly staff, approachable management lots of work perks
Cons
not a lot of hours avail during slow times
Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 October 2017
Great place to work. Customers are all different types of people. co-workers are all different as well. You learn how to put customers first here. It's a great working environment
Nice place to work but not enough staff
ELECTRICAL AND LIGHTING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 October 2017
The work culture and coworkers at the home depot it the best part of working there. Everyone one is fun and very helpful to new comers.

You can learn a lot about good work ethic and sales but you have to put in the time to learn and study your department or you will we lost.

You get a lot of hours if you work hard but they will take advantage of you at the same time to work harder than others that get the same pay as you do.

The worse part about working at the Home depot is there is never enough staff when the peak times hit and you will be running around like a crazy person. I find it easy because I'm used to that kind of situation but for someone that is starting out that will want to quit and I have see it happen too.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Not enough staff
great
Tool Rental Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON6 September 2017
awesome place to work. you get treated very well by supervisors/managers and all other staff members. a very involved store to work for, can learn a lot with the broad selection within the store.
Strong fair employer
Appliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC17 August 2017
Administration (included but not limited to): Reconciliation of various accounts, preparation of payroll, and inventory of supplies. Maintaining databases and creating spreadsheets. Cost analysis and budgetary recommendations.

Quality Assurance: Implemented tracking systems to improve overall efficiency and accountability of supervisors and staff.

Customer Service: Prioritized requests to significantly reduce service interruptions to customers. Responded to complaints, concerns and staff issues.

Technology Implementation: Worked in conjunction with IT Services to design and coordinate various on-line proprietary systems to improve customer service levels and response times.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
steel toes and concrete floors
Good retail environment
M.E.T. Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 August 2017
As many say, having any sort of retail experience under your belt is a very good thing to have. At the location I worked the people were above & beyond amazing!
Pros
the people are great
Cons
retail salary
Electrical/ Plumbing Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB31 July 2017
I enjoyed working with my customers and educating them on anything that may have needed and how to use a certain product. The staff for the most part worked as a team and would help other associates with customers needs.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Concrete floors.Hard on the knees and back
Meet alot of nice people
Tool Rental Associate (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 July 2017
Great place to work. Very accomodating to individual needs. Train their people well. Safety is their first priority. Respectful employer, do not discriminate.
Pros
Flexible hours
Bonne embiance
Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenfield Park, QC22 July 2017
Très bonne endroit pour travaillé ,
Bon avantages
Camaraderie
Pros
Bonne valeur
Cons
Loin de chez noi
Some managers suck
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 July 2017
Went through quite a few managers and some of them sucked. Basic retail job, got moved around too much. Took experts out of their departments and put them in areas they had no interest in.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Typical retail, hardly any full-time positions ever came up
Belle équipe de travail
Associé aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Boisbriand, QC22 June 2017
Travail peu stimulant mais parfaite pour un étudiant! L'équipe de travail ainsi que l'ambiance était la meilleur chose de ce travail. Faciliter d'évoluer dans l'entreprise si vous le désirez.
great co-workers,good balance table
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
working at the home depot is fun. co-workers are awesome ,great customer service. Benefits with home depot are good they work with you. profit care time is ok,
Pros
breakes every two hours
Cons
not enough hours
good.
Merchandizing Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 May 2017
a typical day, other than resets will include servicing a bay.it means checking and maintaining planogram integrity, cleaning and facing the product. changing and checking prices. building and maintaining displays. doing resets for christmas and spring /summer.
great place
building materials associate (Current Employee) –  Leaside, ON3 May 2017
Great place to work, and learn everything about building materials, and customers service. Update yourself with anything you need to know about construction or renovation
Pros
Great Place
Cons
Tought environment in terms of dealing with contracters everyday
Good people in a safety minded enviroment
MET Associate (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON29 April 2017
I worked within the store for a only a short time and left only due to lack of available hours. However, during my time of employment, I enjoyed the team I worked with and liked the mindset of the management team and my fellow co-workers. They are very safety oriented and the job wasn't the most physically demanding that I've had, despite the number of heavy objects/products.
A place I would work in again.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Cons
customers do have an expectation of being skilled in home reno
Packdown Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 April 2017
Very happy about working here. It was always fun to come to work and almost everyone has a positive attitude. The pay is the only downfall, I find it is not as high as some other competitors.
Pros
Very flexible schedule, time off etc
Cons
Wage
You get to learn new things
Millworks Specialty Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Working at this job you get to learn a lot of new things about home improvment whether it is in door and windows, or electrical. Coworkers are very good to work with especially when there are a lot of customers and need assistance and help all of them in a timely manner. Managers were very encouraging, even if you werent good at a certain skill. The hardest part of the job was being in steel toe boots for 9 hours a day, it really put a lot of stress on my heels. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help customers find the best solution for their home improvement needs.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Concrete floor, hard on feet
Fun place to work
Specialty Associate (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 January 2017
Amazing co workers and a great place to work if you are in school and looking to work part-time. At my specific location, there are events all the time and the management is understanding.
friendly
Home Depot Lott Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2017
All associates that work at the home depot are friendly and caring. Working there has given me many opportunities and has opened me up to talk to more customers with out being shy. I learned a lot working there, i have worked in many departments and have experienced different type of work and have worked with many people throughout my time in the company
excellant work environment
Vault Associate (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 December 2016
Working here I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers as I was a Vault
Associate I was always in contact with the other employees. The hours of operation were the best and work never seemed like work.
Benefits
Cons
You had to be proactive and work in a couple departments to gain full time hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.