The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Tool rental
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2017
Typical day during the summer season was very fast paced really enoyed the management and bonus oppurtunites, performed well with sales and rental aggrements, awsome place to work in, great enviroment, skilled co-workers.
Great friendly place to work
Tool Rental Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON13 December 2017
The home depot was extremely flexible with my school schedule and i always got along with everyone in management. As a part time associate the benefits were very good as well.
Pros
very focused on community
Cons
no real cons
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 December 2017
Friendly staff, and very nice work environment. Management is always changing, which can be both good and bad. Both part time and full time staff receive benefits. Students are able to apply for tuition reimbursement. Pretty lenient on taking time off. Overall, a good place to work.
Pros
Free food during meetings
Fun and inclusive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 December 2017
Being in school full time management allowed me to have a very flexible schedule. Along with that the company really cares for everyone and it really.
Diverse company
PACK DOWN ASSOCIATE (PART TIME) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 December 2017
I do overnight shifts and work with different people from all over the world. The Home Depot highlights the importance of diversity and respect of others' cultures and opinions
Pros
Free medical benefits
Such a family orientated work place to feel like you belong there.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON10 December 2017
Working at Home Depot is actually so much fun. You learn so much everyday and your co-workers are like your best friends from date one. Management is so easy to talk to as well and it's a great place to work!
Pleasant work atmosphere.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON7 December 2017
Very pleasant work atmosphere. Company was very thorough with training regime on monthly basis. Always encouraging their employees to seek advancement with the company through schooling or internal promotions.The Home Depot has taught me how to fine tune my customer service interactions. The hardest part of the job is to try and solve customers problems when they lacked the knowledge of what was required to complete their task. Having customers coming back to thank you for your advice, and letting you know that everything went smoothly.
Pros
Many social committee events, employee recognition, lunches
Cons
Shifts have a tendency to be a little inconsistent
home depot culture
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  windsor, Ontario7 December 2017
- most enjoyable part of the job was the people to work with, everyone, for the most part was very easy to get along with and full of ideas.
- hardest part of the job would be that it was a night shift contract which makes it difficult to visit friends and family after hours, but not really a negative thing, just part of the job.
- management was very good at keeping everyone on task and making sure everyone had tasks that were suitable to their best skills as to not overwhelm them with work they cannot handle.
Pros
good people, nice teamwork
Cons
night shift is undesirable in many workers cases
Grateful for a start
Security Specialist Tier II (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 December 2017
I am thankful to Home Depot for giving me the opportunity to begin my career as a Security Analyst. Although I moved on after only a year, this was an opportunity from which I have benefited.
Friendly work environment.
Lot Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2017
In my time working for the Home Depot I have been pleasantly surprised by the friendly and overall family oriented staff. I was warmly welcomed into my job and shown plenty of assistance and guidance.
Fun and great place to learn
Milworks Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB2 December 2017
Always a adventure. Some people love a routine for work... Well you can find that here but to really enjoy and embrace working at Home Depot yo need to be willing to follow where your tasks take you, You could start out in the Lumber Aisle and end up in Plumbing or Electrical a hour later all with the same customer.
great place to learn
Merchandising Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 November 2017
Loved working with the MET group. They add a lot of value to their stores. There is much potential to learn and improve skills. Some really great people work for Home Depot.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
pay is low
Fast pace environment and great company
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2017
The Home Depot is a great place to learn about home improvement and sales. Over the past 10 years - I've learned pretty much everything on how to improve my home's interior with expert knowledge.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Standing for long periods of time on concrete floors and heavy lifting.
A good saftey work place
Night shift Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 November 2017
very good safety work condition
a lot of training to learn the new product
there is a lot of chance to be prompted to high level
learn a lot of things from different culture co-worker
The company was Okay.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON29 November 2017
I am just a sales associate, but everyone seems nice in my store. I don't know much about the higher ups, but my Store manager as well as department manager are really nice people.
Pros
Nice people, Everyone knows each other and is friendly
Cons
Scheduling conflicts.
its a decent pace to work
Seasonal/Tool Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2017
i enjoy working at home depot but the hours are not guaranteed so you could have 40 one week and then 12 the next. the pay is decent and the work environment is good and they are always willing to let you do more training
Busy, challenging workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 November 2017
Dealing with customers and their purchases and displaying great customer service to everyone.
Interesting and diverse people to deal with.
Continuous training through monthly INFOCUS computer courses
Pros
Meeting diverse people
Cons
Challenging people to deal with
Fun and Good people
Cashier, Lot Associate, Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB28 November 2017
Working here was fun for the time being, I built great relationships with both customers and employees. Leaders in the work place are respectable, you always serve the customer, and try to go beyond expectations to make yourself, your leaders and customers happier.
nice place to work
Paint Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2017
fast pace and easy to get. if you work hard you truly are rewarded and honestly this is the best retail place ive evry worked at by far..lots of hours and good pay rate
Nice people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 November 2017
Not much to say it is your standard retail job. Co-workers are nice and the managers do friendly competitions with prizes to help staff get motivated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Home Depot. Our community is ready to answer.