The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,492 reviews matching the search
a good beggining but terrable end
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alberta24 March 2017
the only thing worse then the culture of indifference and zero accountability was the back stabbing and utter uselessness of the management. the only thing keeping me there is the lack of full time employment that is available elsewhere
Home Depot
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 March 2017
My job was mostly in the lumber and building materials dept..I was responsible for off loading trucks of lumber, drywall and concrete using a forklift. Ensure that product is in store in a timely and safe manner. Pick overstock using a Order picker and reach truck. Make sure store is clean and grand opening ready at the end of shift. I learned a great deal there considering I went from a part-time associate to Night shift manager in 6 years. The hardest part of the job was there was a large work load on the team and not a lot of employees to get the job done.
Pros
Oppourtunity for advancement
Cons
shortstaffed
Maintaining merchandising standards
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 March 2017
Home depot has a great work place environment. I love building strong relationships with all the other associates as well as customers. I have been able to grow in this company, and continue to grow. I would love to keeping growing with many challenges I may face.
Fun environment
Part-Time Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 March 2017
The atmosphere was always fun. The company always made sure that the employees were taken care of, in regards to being happy, their wellness and safety was a serious matter. The happy employ represents the happy company.
Typical Retail Environment
Lot Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON21 March 2017
Typical retail environment -- not too bad, not too good. A lot of physical requirements regardless of department; it kept me in shape, especially during the summer.
Most positions are part-time, pay isn't the greatest, good company culture
Front Line Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON21 March 2017
Day to day can get repetitive. You can ask to job shadow in other departments but they won't raise your pay based off your experience. Some managers are great and are good leaders, while some are just power hungry and definitely NOT customer service material. Workplace culture is good, employees get lots of treats during the month and fun activities. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet and dealing with irate customers, it's not so bad though. The pay isn't the greatest but is better than most minimum wage jobs. The most enjoyable part about the job is definitely the people that work there, everyone is usually very friendly.
Pros
Free treats, activities, some benefits
Cons
low wages, lots of random shifts
Great company
logistical coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
This company will always be close to my heart for the fact that it permitted me to move to Ontario and continue my studies in fashion design. They allowed me to learn all the product lines and gain more experience in online and over the phone customer service.
Pros
Positive attitude.
Cons
could support new staff a little better.
Working at the Home Depot
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 March 2017
Good place to work. Currently on night shift. They give full time hours but rarely hire "full time". Ive been there for 2 years now. If you want to move up in the company night shift is not the position you want to pursue.
Great work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB20 March 2017
The Home Depot is a great place to work. The company employs industry experts to work in the departments to ensure that customers get exceptional service.
Merchandise Executioner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2017
Strong company culture, with great people and management. Working for Home Depot MET , the wage is average but that compensates for work like balance due no weekend or night shifts, strictly 6:00am-2:30pm.
Most inclusive work place I have ever been in.
Appliance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2017
Great Motto! do the right thing. I really enjoyed my time at the Home Depot. There was a lack of hours when I was working there so I became cross-trained in several departments. I also worked in paints,lumber and hardware. Employees are given a certain degree of autonomy to make price and substitutions when product not available.
Pros
treat people as you yourself want to be treated.
Cons
lack of hours in my home department - appliance sales
A family/team environment with a great deal of challenges which keep the day to day exciting.
Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 March 2017
I enjoyed working for the Home Depot and learned a great deal about shipping and receiving which has kept me in this similar field of study. The team/family environment made it pleasurable to work in the company.
Great company to Grow career with, multiple learning opportunities and different career paths.
Specialty sales Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada, ON17 March 2017
Home Depot is a great company to grow your knowledge and abilities at all levels.
Multiple different career avenues.
Great compensation package .
Fast paced and exciting environment, customer and results focused.
Pros
Enjoyable eniviorment, Great compensation package, career advancement
Cons
difficult schedule
I loved working in a diverse company
Department Manager multiple positions (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2017
Working at Home Depot was an amazing opportunity for me to learn on a daily basis. I was blessed with working in every corner of the store. The core values of customer service (Customer First) was held to a very high standard. The associates and management all worked together it was a large family feel,one of many of my favorite things.
Pros
Continous learning, great people, loyal customers.
Cons
Shift work, it was not working the weekends that are problematic, it is the 5am-2 then 2pm-11 shift work that is a con
good place to work for period of time .
Cashier/Return (Former Employee) –  ontario,Aurora15 March 2017
Its a good place to work .but there are some improvement they can do for the employees. the management dose not give value to their best employee there is no difference between an employee who work hard and help a lot for company growth and an employee who dose not car about the company .
Good workplace as a first job for part time
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 March 2017
Great place to work starting out as part time as there are insurance benefits etc. Gives knowledge in multiple departments and other information which can be related outside of work.
Excellent Training and Learning atmosphere. Fast paced
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 March 2017
The Company as a whole was an excellent experience. I learned constantly and motivated my team to provide the best in Customer service. I was happy to develop and promote associates and create the leaders of tomorrow. I especially enjoyed the fast pace and pressure of competitive retail. My favourite aspect was working with People, both Customers and Staff.
Pros
Companies ethics and policies
Cons
District leadership
Best job had lots of fun great team.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 March 2017
Daily briefing, staff up dates, positive environment, learned about how to provide the best customer service. Provided great opportunity for advancement with training.
Pros
Always reward potluck, bbq, pizza, great team player.
Cons
Summer very busy, lots of fun.
Great Company
Specialty Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 March 2017
I bled orange. I loved this place. I just didn't get the support I needed when I needed it while dealing with a personal issue. The company was losing focus on the importance of engaged and present associates. There were never enough associates on the floor to get the job done. Customer service was suffering at times. I loved working with the customers and solving problems
Good place to work with plenty opportunity for long term employment and advancement.
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 March 2017
It's a good company to work for but the culture in the workplace is deteriorating. There is a lot of jealousy between co-workers. The work is not difficult and there is help when available.

81%