The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,297 reviews matching the search
Terrible
Lumber Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 27, 2016
Terrible, laziest management team on the plannet never do anything don't help costomers complain when store sale reports go down an blame everyone esle
Cons
Too much too list
Great part-time job, could have used more employee training though
Specialty Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONSeptember 26, 2016
I was a part-time sales associate at Home Depot for 5 years and while every job has it's ups and downs, for the most part, I enjoyed my position. Great culture and friendly colleagues. The only downfall was that getting a promotion or raise was often very difficult and recognition for going above and beyond was almost always unheard of. I was trained in 4 different departments as well as forklift certified and I never received a raise for my added skill set. I also wish there was more product training as often if asked about the quality of one product over another, we were unable to give customers a definitive answer.
Pros
Profit sharing, volunteer opportunities and community involvement. Opportunities to work in different departments
Cons
Little to no product training, little room for promotions and lack of raises.
fun to work at home depot.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 23, 2016
i really enjoyed working at home depot. nice people to work with and got a chance to learn every day something new. and improved my people skills. thanks
Great atmosphere and great people.
Pro Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 23, 2016
Had an amazing opprotunity to learn new things as everyday provides something new. Fortunately there are a handful of great people working there with a vast knowledge of the store and its products.
Home Depot
LOT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 22, 2016
The employees were absolutely delightful, as it being retail, you will experience that one day. But the other days out of the month were great
productive and fun workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2016
co-workers made the days go by fast
nice people fun to be around
management never gave you a hard time
lost of work to be done that also helped the day go by fast
good company
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 21, 2016
overall good company with a family like culture, not much room for growth, management team is supportive. fun and laid back workplace
great company to work for
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NSSeptember 20, 2016
Always looking out for their staff. Great benefits package and company incentives. Great group of people in mu store. More like a family than co workers
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
not enough staff to man the sales floor
nice place to work hour can be flexable
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  LangleySeptember 20, 2016
nice bunch of people to work with. The job its self is OK for being retail work. The work load is a very good balance and you always get your breaks on time
good company
Lumber sales assosicate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 19, 2016
the job os okey and the pay is bad
but the people i work with make it worth it
its fun to work with the guys but i sill want more from work than just this.
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 18, 2016
starting work at 5:30 till 2:30, have 10 minute breaks every 3 and half hours and 20 minute lunch break, I learned how to manage time and handle my own responsibilities, having good conversation with my co-workers, I used the forklift to move products around.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/A
Home Depot
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2016
Home depot is a friendly environment but not a place to work for a living there pay makes u work like a slave and customer service is not professional;
Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 15, 2016
Great job! Been with the company over ten years. Work steady shifts Monday to Friday,one Saturday a month.Great company and managers. Great products and services.
Pros
Great company benefits
learning experience
Tool Rental/Business Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABSeptember 14, 2016
have worked sales and with people face to face but never in a situation like Home Depot...helping people decide what they need/want, etc. They helped me move up in the company and if i didnt get the opportunity for the electrician job i may still be there.
Retail Store
Front End Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2016
Enjoyed working with my co workers learned a lot from customers. Home Depot definitely had great culture and spirit, made many friends and would definitely recommend a friend to work there.
Good hours
Shipping/ Receiving (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2016
Good hours
Good workers
Good management
Healthy working area
enjoyable experience

one of the best places for work if you need a good pay with minimal work exp
Fun work and Opportunities of Advancement
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCSeptember 7, 2016
Its a great fun and fast paced environment with placement opportunities. All the management is so supportive as well as co-workers. I dont find anything hard in this job.
excellent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 7, 2016
Home depot is a very good place to build a career. The job is set up to help their employees balance out their personal life. Its a place where you feel at home when working. All other employees are willing to help you carry out your daily activities at work.
Pros
good working place
Great co-workers, Great benefits
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 6, 2016
my co-workers were the best part about that job they always wanted everyone to succeed and would go out of their way help,

I was part time but i got benefits that most places would only give to full time employees.

the hardest part of the job was finding the products that where still on the shelfs.

the management could have been better, there was a lot of miscommunication between management, it was mostly miss scheduled days or things being moved and no one being told where.
Pros
family freindly/ can plan your job around your life
Cons
A typical shift from consulting to retail
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke SouthSeptember 1, 2016
After spending almost 6 years in Consulting industry, I was very much worried to start another new career in Retail. However the experience is not at all as I was expecting. I am doing good and I can actually invest the knowledge that I have learned in Consulting. Such as, leadership, time management, work ethics. Because these are normal and easy to use anywhere. My regular day at job spends with customers and my associates. I have learned how to be polite, be patient, be fast yet be perfect. I am ready to move and continue my Consulting career where I have left, with all these learning from Retail and I am excited.