The Home Depot Employee Reviews

Found 1,456 reviews matching the search
great mixture of pay, benefits, and schedule flexibility
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2017
For the three years I worked there I made life long friendships and maintained an incredible working relationship with all my bosses. Home Depot has competitive starting wages and the benefits are something i still haven't seen even in my professional career after college. The company sees each employee as an individual and tries their best to accommodate and appreciate each employee as such.
Pros
benefits, paid store meetings, flexible hours
Cons
weekends are mandatory
Flexible Hours
Cashier/Cashier Supervisor/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2017
As a student, the employer is great for being flexible to individuals' busy schedules with various shifts/hours being given for employees to continue to maintain a balance between school and work.
avarage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
This was a very average job and the coworkers were amazing and friendly however the management leaves much to be desired as they don't do anything.
Exceptional safety standards and teamwork.
Inventory Management and Receiving (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB22 February 2017
Home Depot prides themselves on teamwork and communication. The main focus is always on keeping customers and staff happy. Great community to be apart of, and admirable devotion to being involved in their residential communities. Regular donations to Habit for Humanity and The Orange Door Project for youth homeless. Associates are encouraged and expected to strive to learn more and take charge. Customer satisfaction is guaranteed number one.
Pros
Great benefits, Recognition program, Safety standards, Work environment, and Communication
Cons
Undesirable turn over rate, Major operational cutbacks to prioritize customer service, Non-competitive wages and raises, Not as likely to promote suitable candidates from within.
Overall great experience
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 February 2017
I was given the opportunity to learn many new skills with great training and seminars over my 10 years with HD.
Worked with a lot of amazing people
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2017
Would work there again if the opportunity arises in this area
Company has a great training program
they have a strong team effort
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Limited technology
Friendly staff ,
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 February 2017
Working at Home Depot you had to work hard and show what you know , let them see your ideas. training was always good and plenty of that. Customers where always nice and had lots of questions.
Pros
good people to work with, look forwards to the next days work.
Cons
Hard to move up in the ranks.
Not a great place to advance your career rapidly.
Seasonal and Electrical Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON16 February 2017
Poor overall if you're seeking job security. Not impressed with many managers' willingness to know/learn about products in departments other than their own. Not impressed with the higher up attitude of taking advantage of the worker by not hiring on more full-time workers. Many co-workers and customers felt ripped off and gouged by the company overall and major manufactures of the product lines.
It was a joke low pay lots of work managers IDIOTS
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 February 2017
Low pay ! Managers are idiots! Like usual low pay lots of work! Managers well shouldn't of been managers! Didn't supply winter clothing gloves were a joke! I used my own to stay warm in winter! 2 winter jackets both zippers broke one had a hood! Everyone in store using the 2 jackets??? Wtf
Cons
Excellent company to work for.
Senior Sales (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2017
The Home Depot provides their employees with a respectful, diversified and customer service oriented environment to work in.

The leadership team are always supportive and encourage team work. They respect my innovative ideas I suggest to them in team meetings. Consistent work related training is required to ensure I am following all the policies of the company and also to keep me updated on new procedures, systems and product knowledge. I know I am very fortunate to work in this type of environment.

I definitely feel I am part of The Home Depot "Team", and thoroughly enjoy working here.
Pros
Appreciation and Recognition by Management
Cons
The Seasonal Dept. can be a very chaotic department to work in, as the products are consistently changing all the time, therefore, it is extremely important to be able to multi-task constantly, following directives from many different managers often at the same time, which at times can become stressful. Therefore, you must know and be guided by your priorities each day.
It was a job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 February 2017
It was a place where I have worked while attending secondary schooling - unfortunatly there is a high turn over rate which was hard for long term employee's to have the respect and time off they deserved
Productive and fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 February 2017
Great environment to work with.
Enjoyed working at the location.
Flexible hours.
Long hours on the floor.
Professional and friendly staff, who help you every step of the way.
Excellent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
Home Depot makes working there a relaxed place to work with their open door policy. People that work there are very professional and easy to approach with any concerns
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Out of the way
Good job for students and pre-retiree
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 February 2017
My colleagues are awesome to work with. Politics do come into play when trying to advance. Some work life balance is a bit difficult to manage with shifts being all over due to retail.

They do monitor your sales and have expectations that conflict with customer care.
Pros
Some os the greatest friends made.
Cons
work life balance for the pay
Is a great company to work for
Cashier, Paints, Flooring, Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
I began as a cashier and very quickly moved up, and into different departments. There's always room to grow, to learn and always opportunities. I thoroughly enjoyed my placements there.
good positions for students
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
Hey its home depot what more is there to say. You clock in, do your work and leave. Simple as that. warehouse sales environment very busy on the weekends. Usually hire a lot of staff for seasonal garden department in April.
first official job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 February 2017
Dish washing is a very hard, demanding, dirty job. Other employees were great, meet a lot of nice people, managers were very flexible at the beginning.
Nice place to work but money is not enough.
Flooring/Decor Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 February 2017
A regular work day consists of opening the store with a morning rally with all staff to get day started. Then we do a daily safety inspection of our areas.The rest of the day is customer service and stocking to keep store neat and organize.

I really enjoy working with the customers and helping build their projects or help them set up someone to come install their projects.

My only con really is the heavy work load in my department and being on your feet all day takes a toll on the back.

Home Depot is a good company to work for and tries to make sure their employees needs are met.
Pros
Great team I work with, never lay off, flexible for days off and special needs.
Cons
Low wages/Heavy labour/Awards are taxed/Rules don't apply for everyone
fun place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 February 2017
it wa such an amazing experience , that i could get involved with costumer service , and got licensed as a forklift operator as well as reach truck.
Great place to work at, big room for promotion within
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 February 2017
Great people and great place to work at. Meet new people everyday and the staff will support you no matter what and will be lenient towards you as long as you do your job.
Pros
Great management
Cons
hours are not fixed. Morning are tough sometimes.