The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 9, 2013
good management, but no job security, nice co workers, learned more about administration,
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee) –  EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace.
Pros
monthly pizza
Cons
long hours, negative environment
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Meh...
Counter Sales Representative, Counter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2012
A typical day at work involves making sure you've got all the vehicles you need for the day and managing your available fleet accordingly, selling additional products like vehicle coverage, prepaid gas, and upgraded vehicles.

Hertz taught me invaluable selling, interpersonal, and problem solving skills that I will be able to use for the rest of my life.

Management is alright, due to the corporate structure of Hertz it takes a while a get any changes done around the place as the approval process is rather long and convoluted. The managers on the local level are over worked, and tend to burn out rather quickly but they try to do the best they can with the tools that they are given.

The majority of your co-workers are younger (18-25) and they are a lot of fun to work with. but beware of the drama and politics that comes along with working with people from that demographic. be prepared for management to do absolutely nothing about it.

The hardest part of the job is once in a while Hertz will over-book and leave you with considerably more reservations than cars which can be rather frustrating when you've got 15 people waiting around at your desk with guaranteed reservations and you don't have a single car to give them. There is a bonus structure which is rather hard to attain, however if you've got the skill to pull it off you can make a lot of money.

The hourly wages are pretty decent, and if you've had a particularly good/long week they will do their best to try and make up for it with extra hours on your time card. but you're going to have some very long weeks, you're going
  more... to work 100% shift work, and you're going to work a lot of weekends.  less
Pros
lots of down time, you dont have to work particularly hard most days, its inside
Cons
long hours, shift work, occaisonal 6-day work weeks