The Hertz Corporation
1,009 reviews

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Competetive and challenging work enviornment. Loved it!
Business Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: travel.
Recruited to start business to business division from ground up.
Started team from 0 to 15 professional sales reps.
Interviewed, hired, and trained on all policies and procedures.
Developed sales strategies for each rep and their prospective region.
Very challenging to start from scratch in a very competitive industry.
Loved seeing the reps flourish – more... and grow their career for themselves and their families. – less
Was a fun working environment, laid back most of the time making reservations for a car rental place.
Reservationist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the job itself was great, great healthcare, great supervisor, etc.
Cons: the hours were not perfect and often conflicted with my school schedule, etc.
Plan routes, itineraries, and accomodation details, and compute fares and fees, using schedules, rate books and computer. Prepare invoices and accept payments. Make and cofirm reservations for transportation using faxes, mail, computer, and telephone.
The company do not care about their 3rd rate employee's
Transporter (Current Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: not really no pros
Cons: everything
The managements their is lazy they put their job duties off on part time workers so they don't have to do nothing but play on their phones and sit around.I'm in Transportions my job duties is to drive vehicles that's it making 7.25 an hr.......Managers duties is to clean cars (wash, vacuum, and clean the windows ), inspect the vehicles, gas the cars – more... up, pick up and drop off customers to their homes,employment,or body shops and doing bank runs making 11.00 an hr. THEY DO NOT DO ANY OF THAT, THEY HAVE THE TRANSPORTERS TO DO THEM FOR THEM......Now i have worked for the company for 1 year and 6 months no raises but working 36-40 hours a week I asked the HR department about health care now they cut my hours down to 20 hrs a week...... JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!! – less
Great place to gain management skills
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Westchester, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: test out different cars
Cons: pay could be better
Typical day at work: Your task is never going to be the same everyday. One day you could be on prep, another day you could be doing paperwork or answering phone calls.

What I've learned: I've improved on multi-tasking, organizing, and communicating with employees and customers

Management: We have our quarterly meetings and have group activities to – more... show team work, what areas we need improvement on and how we can help me other to improve our customer experience.

Difficult Part of the job: working with employees that are not motivated enough

Enjoyed working with new employees, new and upcoming locations and having the perk to drive around different cars – less
fun workplace
Ers (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityOctober 28, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: 15 mins break
It was a good job wish i could have stay there with my career. it has nice people that is willing to help. It a lot opportunity to move up in the company.
Good Company, Great Coworkers, Bad work/life
Sales And Service Associate (Former Employee), MichiganOctober 27, 2014
Summary sums it up. the people are great so are the customers. I feel as though inventory could be better (more cars) it seems like you're constantly trying to not run out of cars.
Nice work place.
vsa (Former Employee), sanford,flOctober 27, 2014
Loved everything about it.Clean and polish vehicle windows.
Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
Apply paints, dyes, polishes, reconditioners, waxes, or masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore – more... color or condition.
Inspect parts, equipment, or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
Maintain inventories of supplies.
Press buttons to activate cleaning equipment or machines.
Monitor operation of cleaning machines and stop machines or notify supervisors when malfunctions occur.
Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds, according to formulas.
Turn valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
Rinse objects and place them on drying racks or use cloth, squeegees, or air compressors to dry surfaces. – less
False Advertisement
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Revere, MAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: a paycheck is a paycheck
Cons: long hours, nepotism, not enough staffing
Although i was hired as Management Trainee i was no such thing. The Hertz Corporation uses the title to lure in candidates search for career advancement. It is a tainted an corrupted structure. Moving forward is 110% who you brown nose. There is no learning structure. These positions are customer service positions thought upper management will lead – more... you to believe they are sales. Mandatory 50-55 hour work weeks are nothing to look forward too. Office moral is typically low due to lack of staffing. The glitz and glamour is all a sham with this company. apply at your own risk. Please remember i tried to warn you. – less
This was a seasonal job I did in the winter for several years.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gunnison, COOctober 24, 2014
I would open in the mornings and get everything situated for the days rentals so I knew what times and places we had reservations, then I would go out the the garage and wash and detail cars while waiting on flights and reservations. I learned a lot about customer service and meeting different peoples needs and requests by talking to them about there – more... plans while having a rental car like where they were traveling how much luggage how many people what type of equipment they had as far as skis, snowboards, golf bags ect. in order to give them the proper vehicle to ensure a worry free experience on their trip as far as the rental car goes that is. The staff was small just me my manager and one other employee we all worked together great. The most enjoyable part of the job was not always being at the counter being able to go out and wash cars throughout the day. – less
Zurich Airport
Temporär Mitarbeiter (Former Employee), Zürich, ZHOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free coffees are available
Cons: yes
Renting and Returning of reserved cars in Zurich Airport.I have learned how to Rent a car for our customers. The management is good and some what organized. The hardest part in the job was check in cars alone in the peak times. The most enjoyable part in the job is meeting lot of customers in the different part of the world.
I worked at a Hertz Car Sales lot with 2 sales people and myself.
Secretary - Part-Time (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlOctober 23, 2014
As a secretary, I handled files on customers' purchases, filled out test drive forms, typed information on titles and such, drove cars to the airport and back, picked up mail from the airport, and went to Department of Motor Vehicle for registrations and tags.
good work, decent company
Transporter, Return Representative (Former Employee), reno, nvOctober 23, 2014
Working as a Transporter at Hertz is one of my all-time favorite jobs. driving cars and getting paid can be pretty fun. Unfortunately, the pay is minimal, only part time, and no benefits.
The biggest problem with Return rep has little to do with the company: the customers, but what are you going to about them right? other than that it was decent pay, – more... benefits and hours for me. – less
Excellent training and development
Location Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Running each and every day as the ring-leader of a 10 ring circus sure can teach you how to juggle - with finesse! Good company, good people, not so great at the top levels - as in wall street issues and bonuses not getting paid.
Very Good Place to work
Manager/Senior Pricing Analyst (Former Employee), Estero, FLOctober 21, 2014
• Performed profitability and revenue analysis by location, channel, segment, product, and equipment group and made recommendations for improvements to both develop and perform monthly market share trend and reporting analysis. This analysis was the support for price increases of up to 100 basis points over budgeted price.
• Created Regression Models – more... that used Macro Economic variables which identified and examined geographic markets and regions, competitor pricing, and overall business trends in relation to pricing. This reporting provided the sales force the data needed to maximize pricing on specific pieces of equipment.
• Proactively Analyzed historical data associated with rental location pricing, contribution margins and utilization rates to evaluate past and current profitability scenarios to maximize profitability. Produced and distributed these location performance and benchmark reports on a monthly basis.
• Developed ad hoc complex reports and analysis using data warehouses which were used for deep dives on profitability, sales effectiveness and other key operating metrics at a granular level. – less
Long days, unorganized management, not what it looks like type of job.
Branch Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, occasional awards
Cons: long 8+ days, no organization, no management.
Had I known that this position dealt with long hours (11 hours a day on average) for 5-7 days a week, I would have never taken the job. You are forced to do things, without proper tools and sometimes training. And for this position, if you do not make sales after a specific time period you get fired, yet this position is supposed to be about making – more... you into a branch manager. Most branch managers do not give support you in any way, as in furthering your training or if there was a customer service dispute. This position has taught me a lot in terms of fleet management and sale revenue management as well. – less
heavy fleet management
Utility Mechanic (Former Employee), houstonOctober 18, 2014
Pros: three days off of week
Cons: long work hours
a variety of automotive installations including changing oil, preventive maintenance, tire installation and minor parts installation.
Great Corporation
Management Associate (Current Employee), Hilo, HIOctober 15, 2014
If you work hard and dedicate yourself to this company, you will always improve and always move up in the company. Hard part is if you are willing to relocate and the pay is okay. I learned a lot, and am still learning. Employees are great and always fun to work with.
Fun place to work
Transporter (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDOctober 14, 2014
Not a hard job at all. Simple rules for a simple position. Typical day was just getting an assignment and finishing it, Management was cool and very flexible. Best part was driving the different cars.
Able to travel all around GA and Company car
Area / Regional Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: company car, employees
Cons: nothing different from other sales and customer service jobs
Every day is different. I like the employees I work with as well.
Transporter (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 13, 2014
bad work environment/every employee for there self. No teamwork nor equal treatment.

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos