The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

fun
Customer Care (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  toronto airport12 September 2012
nice place to work nice management, good salary
winter is hardest part of the work, deal different nationality people that is is the most fun
Pros
bonus
Cons
overtime
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke8 September 2012
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
Pros
perks
Cons
lack of leadership
Independent operator
Agency Operator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, On4 September 2012
This was a large company with established proceedures, so you alway knew what the expectaions were, but they were not open suggestions for change.
I worked as an independent agent and ran the Newmarket location. Since I was not part of the corporate grid, my experience with management was limited to district supervisors. My position was a fairly recent concept to Hertz and they had some difficulty in balancing the needs of an independent agent, and that of corporate culture. I hired and supervised my own staff.
Pros
running my own business, with little investment
Cons
long hours, management indifference
good place to work if your are strong person
Counter Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 August 2012
good salary and benefit but high pressure job,only problem is fleet if your counter rap in Toronto u will have to go through lot of pressure from everywhere
Pros
nothing free
Cons
nothying much
A
Yard worker (Current Employee) –  Christina Lake, AB16 August 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
Very Good Management
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  winnipeg airport27 June 2012
The management are very tight and have an eye to detail , the workers are there to help out whenever they can.
Pros
outside work
Cons
cold in winter and very hot in summer
excellent team working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 May 2012
a typical day, was having vehicles ready and cleaned on time for every flight. i learned to use a lot of computer skills i wouldn't use else where. T he management was good and supportive and would work around your schedule if needed.My co-workers were fun and helped eachother. The hardest part was,working so much overtime.Each of us crs had or own customers that would come to see us personally.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
starting cars in the winter.
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2012
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Pros
interaction, happy people
Cons
angry people, vehicles not available
Meh...
Counter Sales Representative, Counter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2012
A typical day at work involves making sure you've got all the vehicles you need for the day and managing your available fleet accordingly, selling additional products like vehicle coverage, prepaid gas, and upgraded vehicles.

Hertz taught me invaluable selling, interpersonal, and problem solving skills that I will be able to use for the rest of my life.

Management is alright, due to the corporate structure of Hertz it takes a while a get any changes done around the place as the approval process is rather long and convoluted. The managers on the local level are over worked, and tend to burn out rather quickly but they try to do the best they can with the tools that they are given.

The majority of your co-workers are younger (18-25) and they are a lot of fun to work with. but beware of the drama and politics that comes along with working with people from that demographic. be prepared for management to do absolutely nothing about it.

The hardest part of the job is once in a while Hertz will over-book and leave you with considerably more reservations than cars which can be rather frustrating when you've got 15 people waiting around at your desk with guaranteed reservations and you don't have a single car to give them. There is a bonus structure which is rather hard to attain, however if you've got the skill to pull it off you can make a lot of money.

The hourly wages are pretty decent, and if you've had a particularly good/long week they will do their best to try and make up for it with extra hours on your time card. but you're going to have some very long weeks, you're going
  more... to work 100% shift work, and you're going to work a lot of weekends.  less
Pros
lots of down time, you dont have to work particularly hard most days, its inside
Cons
long hours, shift work, occaisonal 6-day work weeks
Working in a team
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2012
I was able to gain customer service experience while working for Hertz Canada Ltd. as well as some sales experience
Pros
interact with people
Cons
no job security