The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2014
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Pros
Great benefits and Sub when on site
Cons
Long shutdowns lesser home life
A Company that rewarded hard work and positive attitudes
City Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2014
At Hertz Canada i was able to learn and grow through the Company . I started as a Fleet Control clerk, and finished as the Manager of a large territory and all it's related operations. I learned so much about people , business growth , and financial management , all as a result of working hard , being honest and positive , and always supporting my Superiors , as well as my specific Team.
The hardest part of the job was trying to accomodate customers expectations in over booked situations. The best part of the job was growing personally , and as a manager alongside so many great coworkers.
Pros
fair compensation, company car
Cons
business success limited by limited fleet availability
great company willing to train and allow individuals to grow professionally
Yard Labourer (Current Employee) –  fort mcmurray31 August 2014
great company willing to train and allow individuals to grow professionally.
Productive and good place to learn customer service skills
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2014
a typical day at work requires a lot of fast-paced work, it requires u to be quick and efficient.

what i have learned from this job is even if your hired for a certain position u should still try to learn everyones roll, so if the person in an other appointed position needs help, you are able to assist.

co-workers where amazing ambitious individuals

Management was good not great.

the hardest part of the job is ,the lack of communication sometimes very rarely between workers.

the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the customers the best way we can
Pros
discounts
A fun place to work everyday comes with new challenges
Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2014
Scheduled and reviewed car fleet inventory and rented this out according to car reservations. Learned to always be flexible and and adaptable. Company management is always focused on results not only in terms of profitability,but customer satisfaction and return business always a priority. With my co-workers we always help each other out in terms of sharing of resources, information and opportunities. Hardest part of the job are surprise last minute car reservations and this is where ones resourcefulness and problem solving come in handy. At the end of the day knowing that you have satisfied your customers to the best of your ability.
Pros
discount on car rentals
Cons
sometimes there are slack time which is good because it gives you time to do administration work
Great division, exciting and room for advancement.
Branch Manager - Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB18 June 2014
- Great balance between family and work, strongly encouraged.
- Very tight team environment.
- Strong leadership that places faith in their employees decision making skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly, and on the fly.
- Hard work is very visible in the branches success, and is noted.
Good incentives
Management Trainee Associate (Current Employee) –  calgary16 May 2014
Management Trainee position is really challenging. Location manager demands a lot from their trainee everyday. However the learning opportunity is great and the experience also helps in the long run
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2014
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort.
Pros
Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Long Hours
Will provie upon interview
PART TIME DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 April 2014
Typical day at work was to drive vehicles to the locations they needed to be.
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, Ottawa, ON24 March 2014
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them.
Pros
Dealing with great customers.
Cons
Long Hours
Awesome people to work with, the upper management left a bad impression on me.
CLASS A MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 February 2014
I loved the people and the facility is awesome. However, with upper management favoring dysfunctional people, and ignoring those who truly contributed I myself never, ever had a comfort zone while I worked there. The lesson I took from the place is that loyalty to an employer should also be linked to how loyal that employer is to me. No loyalty to me=no loyalty to the job.
Pros
Every other wednesday Hertz lunch
Cons
Little or no loyalty from upper management. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk
attending customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2014
I attended my customers as they walked in the door confirmed that they had reservations and if they did not i would be more than happy to help them out with a rental. I also moved cars around with the lots and I sometimes helped with cleaning them. I answered the phones and did local reservations
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
had to leave cause i had to go on maternaty leave
Productive and great employees. Good Starting job.
Airport Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alberta19 January 2014
Long days, your choice of hours. Great Management and pleasure to work for.
overall a 4
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 December 2013
It was a exciting and fun job I enjoyed my position in sales and was disappointed that the location closed!
Pros
sales/good hours
Cons
the job expired!
Fun and easy environment to relax and work in.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2013
Working at the airport location has benefits because you get to greet people who've never been to your city never mind your country and so you become a sort of ambassador to represent your city in all its glory, even in the bitter cold.
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee) –  Edmonton EDI18 November 2013
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS
Pros
STILL SEARCHING
Cons
LIST WAY TO LONG
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  SK9 November 2013
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind.
Pros
Apartment and food supplied
Super cool place to work, colleagues are easy going
Fleet Transporter (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2013
I drive cars from the main distribution center to locations all over Canada and USA.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
getting into cars that are cold and sometimes have snow in the winter
Did not like the drive to Kitchener
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 October 2013
I enjoyed working here when I first started however after a year some of my co-workers either left or were let go and some of the other workers that were hired did not know their job and I had to do more than I should have. My employer also used to go out and not come back even though I needed cheques signed for closings. it was very stressful on me and on our clients who were waiting for keys for their new home. Sometimes I would not leave work until 6-7 p.m. because he was gone.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
long drive to Kitchener
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee) –  EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)25 March 2013
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace.
Pros
monthly pizza
Cons
long hours, negative environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.