The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Loved this job
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Kennewick, WANovember 11, 2014
Great atmosphere, great benefits, its a really fun place to work
It is what you make it.
Branch Manager (Current Employee), GANovember 10, 2014
Pros: resume builder!
Cons: stressful environment!
It is a good start to your career, but be prepared to work for it. As a manager be prepared to work 50+ hours a week, and also be prepared to be criticized if you don't (even though you are only paid for 40 hours a week). Your fellow employees on the front line work very hard, and that is the most enjoyable part of working for Hertz. New management – more... should help with the structure of the company, but that will take awhile. Hopefully he changes the bonus compensation formula because its very confusing and not very rewarding. If a location profits nearly $100k in a month, the reward should not be 6% of that, and it should not take 5 months to receive that payment.....

Good training program, Nice perk for a manager to get a car and gas (albeit some nights you will have to drive a compact car with a spare tire and expired tag)

No work/life balance, Customers in this industry are awful, Management wants you to run your fleet very tight which means no cars but want you to provide exceptional customer service, There is no constructive criticism or help from upper management: "Fix this or you will be documented" is heard just as often as "Hello" in the company. – less
NEAR IMPOSSIBLE STANDARDS
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2014
Supports achievement of location sales and margin goals by working closely with Location Manager on assigned tasks and develops management skills to qualify for promotion to the next level by successfully meeting daily challenges with hands-on experience. Ensure a positive customer experience by effective management of rental process to include qualifying – more... the renter and completing contracts. Achieve individual sales goals and customer service goals. Grow sales by expansion of marketing efforts to referral sources (body shops, car dealerships, etc.). Maximize margin by upselling customers to higher-priced services and ancillary products. Protect company assets through enforcement of company policies. Provide support for the branch's business plan by assisting the location manager with billing issues and processing payments. Contributes to Hertz Improvement Process (HIP) to discover new and more efficient ways to run our business and deliver the right products and services to our customers faster and at a lower cost. Drives change from within to improve customer satisfaction and uses teamwork to tackle problems. – less
Dont waste your time
management (Former Employee), corporateNovember 8, 2014
Cons: horrible company
Hertz is a horrible company. Dont be fooled by the "bonus potential" they spout when hiring you. Even if you reach or exceed the goals they always find a way not to pay. Several years ago the management was forced to take a 10% paycut or lose their jobs. Accounting errors at the top levels filter down to the people on the ground and you never get your – more... money or if youre lucky you might get a couple of hundred bucks. Hertz pays very low. A similiar management job elsewhere easily pays 15-20k more. – less
Easy work if you can handle the outdoors and drive cars
Transporter (Current Employee), El Paso International AirportNovember 7, 2014
Pros: paid break, flexible hours, easy work
Cons: work during holidays, weather conditions
This review is for the position of transporter: Fun and simple work as long as you can drive cars and don't mind the elements. Managers could be better, but I think the corporation as a whole could pay better attention for the interest of ALL its employees instead of just the managers. Maybe it's just the specific location I've worked at, but who knows. – more... Very flexible on hours. Good college job. – less
Busy and overworked
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Northern CaliforniaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: sales bonuses, management experieince
Cons: 10-12 hour shifts, low pay, washing cars, etc.
They advertise 40,000 a year but that includes bonuses. Its starting hourly pay is $12/hr. They expect you to do way more for much less pay. If a manager steps down, you are expected to pick up their duties with no extra compensation.

If your store is busy, it will be overwhelming. But, if you have a much less busy store piece of cake.

Lastly, you – more... wash cars while attempting to keep your clothes professional looking.

You do learn a lot, but their are better companies. – less
good
Utilities Worker (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 4, 2014
great environment and co-workers
i enjoyed most of my days
working with customers at this job was thoroughly easy
fun and hectic at the same time
Manager Associate (Current Employee), Medford, MANovember 2, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: sometimes no breaks, sort of low pay, clean cars in nice clothes
Help customers, rent cars for retail and insurance. Bill insurance companies, clean cars, manage fleet.
I handle customer service taking inbound calls about 100 or more calls a day and answering any questions pertaining to bills or rental reservations
Customer service (Current Employee), Dallas lovefield and Tulsa OkOctober 31, 2014
I love doing customer service work and helping people that need help i love the company and all the chances you can get within the company
Great place to gain management skills
Team Leader (Current Employee), HeathrowOctober 30, 2014
If you work hard and dedicate yourself to this company, you will always improve and always move up in the company. I learned a lot, and am still learning. Employees are great and always fun to work with.
Competetive and challenging work enviornment. Loved it!
Business Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: travel.
Recruited to start business to business division from ground up.
Started team from 0 to 15 professional sales reps.
Interviewed, hired, and trained on all policies and procedures.
Developed sales strategies for each rep and their prospective region.
Very challenging to start from scratch in a very competitive industry.
Loved seeing the reps flourish – more... and grow their career for themselves and their families. – less
Was a fun working environment, laid back most of the time making reservations for a car rental place.
Reservationist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the job itself was great, great healthcare, great supervisor, etc.
Cons: the hours were not perfect and often conflicted with my school schedule, etc.
Plan routes, itineraries, and accomodation details, and compute fares and fees, using schedules, rate books and computer. Prepare invoices and accept payments. Make and cofirm reservations for transportation using faxes, mail, computer, and telephone.
The company do not care about their 3rd rate employee's
Transporter (Current Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: not really no pros
Cons: everything
The managements their is lazy they put their job duties off on part time workers so they don't have to do nothing but play on their phones and sit around.I'm in Transportions my job duties is to drive vehicles that's it making 7.25 an hr.......Managers duties is to clean cars (wash, vacuum, and clean the windows ), inspect the vehicles, gas the cars – more... up, pick up and drop off customers to their homes,employment,or body shops and doing bank runs making 11.00 an hr. THEY DO NOT DO ANY OF THAT, THEY HAVE THE TRANSPORTERS TO DO THEM FOR THEM......Now i have worked for the company for 1 year and 6 months no raises but working 36-40 hours a week I asked the HR department about health care now they cut my hours down to 20 hrs a week...... JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!! – less
Great place to gain management skills
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Westchester, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: test out different cars
Cons: pay could be better
Typical day at work: Your task is never going to be the same everyday. One day you could be on prep, another day you could be doing paperwork or answering phone calls.

What I've learned: I've improved on multi-tasking, organizing, and communicating with employees and customers

Management: We have our quarterly meetings and have group activities to – more... show team work, what areas we need improvement on and how we can help me other to improve our customer experience.

Difficult Part of the job: working with employees that are not motivated enough

Enjoyed working with new employees, new and upcoming locations and having the perk to drive around different cars – less
fun workplace
Ers (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityOctober 28, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: 15 mins break
It was a good job wish i could have stay there with my career. it has nice people that is willing to help. It a lot opportunity to move up in the company.
Good Company, Great Coworkers, Bad work/life
Sales And Service Associate (Former Employee), MichiganOctober 27, 2014
Summary sums it up. the people are great so are the customers. I feel as though inventory could be better (more cars) it seems like you're constantly trying to not run out of cars.
Nice work place.
vsa (Former Employee), sanford,flOctober 27, 2014
Loved everything about it.Clean and polish vehicle windows.
Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
Apply paints, dyes, polishes, reconditioners, waxes, or masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore – more... color or condition.
Inspect parts, equipment, or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
Maintain inventories of supplies.
Press buttons to activate cleaning equipment or machines.
Monitor operation of cleaning machines and stop machines or notify supervisors when malfunctions occur.
Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds, according to formulas.
Turn valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
Rinse objects and place them on drying racks or use cloth, squeegees, or air compressors to dry surfaces. – less
False Advertisement
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Revere, MAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: a paycheck is a paycheck
Cons: long hours, nepotism, not enough staffing
Although i was hired as Management Trainee i was no such thing. The Hertz Corporation uses the title to lure in candidates search for career advancement. It is a tainted an corrupted structure. Moving forward is 110% who you brown nose. There is no learning structure. These positions are customer service positions thought upper management will lead – more... you to believe they are sales. Mandatory 50-55 hour work weeks are nothing to look forward too. Office moral is typically low due to lack of staffing. The glitz and glamour is all a sham with this company. apply at your own risk. Please remember i tried to warn you. – less
This was a seasonal job I did in the winter for several years.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gunnison, COOctober 24, 2014
I would open in the mornings and get everything situated for the days rentals so I knew what times and places we had reservations, then I would go out the the garage and wash and detail cars while waiting on flights and reservations. I learned a lot about customer service and meeting different peoples needs and requests by talking to them about there – more... plans while having a rental car like where they were traveling how much luggage how many people what type of equipment they had as far as skis, snowboards, golf bags ect. in order to give them the proper vehicle to ensure a worry free experience on their trip as far as the rental car goes that is. The staff was small just me my manager and one other employee we all worked together great. The most enjoyable part of the job was not always being at the counter being able to go out and wash cars throughout the day. – less
Zurich Airport
Temporär Mitarbeiter (Former Employee), Zürich, ZHOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free coffees are available
Cons: yes
Renting and Returning of reserved cars in Zurich Airport.I have learned how to Rent a car for our customers. The management is good and some what organized. The hardest part in the job was check in cars alone in the peak times. The most enjoyable part in the job is meeting lot of customers in the different part of the world.

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos