The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

Awesome people to work with, the upper management left a bad impression on me.
CLASS A MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 12, 2014
I loved the people and the facility is awesome. However, with upper management favoring dysfunctional people, and ignoring those who truly contributed I myself never, ever had a comfort zone while I worked there. The lesson I took from the place is that loyalty to an employer should also be linked to how loyal that employer is to me. No loyalty to me=no loyalty to the job.
Pros
every other wednesday hertz lunch
Cons
little or no loyalty from upper management. they talk the talk but don't walk the walk
Worst training ( none)
csr (Former Employee) –  VancouverNovember 4, 2014
left on my own to do web training which was of course all about Hertz regimented archaic ways . All based around money , service and hertz hertz hertz !

I was then told I was taking too long for Training .....no pressure lol. Overheard staff criticizing me ....overall a very bad experience and extreamly expensive waste of time for me.

Some stAff were ok but in general clickey ....and how some are still there with there customer service ..... Wow
Pros
good money
Cons
typical corporation greed and staff are just numbers
Meh...
Counter Sales Representative, Counter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2012
A typical day at work involves making sure you've got all the vehicles you need for the day and managing your available fleet accordingly, selling additional products like vehicle coverage, prepaid gas, and upgraded vehicles.

Hertz taught me invaluable selling, interpersonal, and problem solving skills that I will be able to use for the rest of my life.

Management is alright, due to the corporate structure of Hertz it takes a while a get any changes done around the place as the approval process is rather long and convoluted. The managers on the local level are over worked, and tend to burn out rather quickly but they try to do the best they can with the tools that they are given.

The majority of your co-workers are younger (18-25) and they are a lot of fun to work with. but beware of the drama and politics that comes along with working with people from that demographic. be prepared for management to do absolutely nothing about it.

The hardest part of the job is once in a while Hertz will over-book and leave you with considerably more reservations than cars which can be rather frustrating when you've got 15 people waiting around at your desk with guaranteed reservations and you don't have a single car to give them. There is a bonus structure which is rather hard to attain, however if you've got the skill to pull it off you can make a lot of money.

The hourly wages are pretty decent, and if you've had a particularly good/long week they will do their best to try and make up for it with extra hours on your time card. but you're going to have some very long weeks, you're going
  more... to work 100% shift work, and you're going to work a lot of weekends.  less
Pros
lots of down time, you dont have to work particularly hard most days, its inside
Cons
long hours, shift work, occaisonal 6-day work weeks
Did not like the drive to Kitchener
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 28, 2013
I enjoyed working here when I first started however after a year some of my co-workers either left or were let go and some of the other workers that were hired did not know their job and I had to do more than I should have. My employer also used to go out and not come back even though I needed cheques signed for closings. it was very stressful on me and on our clients who were waiting for keys for their new home. Sometimes I would not leave work until 6-7 p.m. because he was gone.
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
long drive to kitchener
good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 9, 2013
good management, but no job security, nice co workers, learned more about administration,
Friendly staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 3, 2015
I enjoyed working with positive staff. Any issues were solved with the effort of every team. It's fun working with group of people that will help you achieve your goals.
Good incentives
Management Trainee Associate (Current Employee) –  calgaryMay 16, 2014
Management Trainee position is really challenging. Location manager demands a lot from their trainee everyday. However the learning opportunity is great and the experience also helps in the long run
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee) –  EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
Pros
perks
Cons
lack of leadership
nice people work there but management sucks.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 12, 2013
very bad training with almost no management skills, it is an easy job but the manager barely answers to bosses.
Pros
free lunch if you are good at customer service
Cons
horrible pay considering what you are dealing with.
under paid
Driver /Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABOctober 31, 2014
under paid for the demands expected. Management will belittle employees
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Pros
interaction, happy people
Cons
angry people, vehicles not available
Great division, exciting and room for advancement.
Branch Manager - Western Canada (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABJune 18, 2014
- Great balance between family and work, strongly encouraged.
- Very tight team environment.
- Strong leadership that places faith in their employees decision making skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly, and on the fly.
- Hard work is very visible in the branches success, and is noted.
attending customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2014
I attended my customers as they walked in the door confirmed that they had reservations and if they did not i would be more than happy to help them out with a rental. I also moved cars around with the lots and I sometimes helped with cleaning them. I answered the phones and did local reservations
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
had to leave cause i had to go on maternaty leave
Working in a team
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 11, 2012
I was able to gain customer service experience while working for Hertz Canada Ltd. as well as some sales experience
Pros
interact with people
Cons
no job security
Productive and great employees. Good Starting job.
Airport Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AlbertaJanuary 19, 2014
Long days, your choice of hours. Great Management and pleasure to work for.
Very Good Management
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  winnipeg airportJune 27, 2012
The management are very tight and have an eye to detail , the workers are there to help out whenever they can.
Pros
outside work
Cons
cold in winter and very hot in summer
great company willing to train and allow individuals to grow professionally
Yard Labourer (Current Employee) –  fort mcmurrayAugust 31, 2014
great company willing to train and allow individuals to grow professionally.
Chating with co-workers before work day started in the mornning
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 6, 2013
Learn new things ever day you went to work.
Difference operating systems for each type of equipment.
A great team to work for.
Some co-workers I learn from and some co-workers I help.
Driving to and from work.
Working with all the team.
Pros
free lunchs on most friday
Cons
driving to and from work
Super cool place to work, colleagues are easy going
Fleet Transporter (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 5, 2013
I drive cars from the main distribution center to locations all over Canada and USA.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
getting into cars that are cold and sometimes have snow in the winter
A
Yard worker (Current Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6