The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them.
Pros
dealing with great customers.
Cons
Awesome people to work with, the upper management left a bad impression on me.
CLASS A MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 12, 2014
I loved the people and the facility is awesome. However, with upper management favoring dysfunctional people, and ignoring those who truly contributed I myself never, ever had a comfort zone while I worked there. The lesson I took from the place is that loyalty to an employer should also be linked to how loyal that employer is to me. No loyalty to me=no loyalty to the job.
Pros
every other wednesday hertz lunch
Cons
little or no loyalty from upper management. they talk the talk but don't walk the walk
attending customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2014
I attended my customers as they walked in the door confirmed that they had reservations and if they did not i would be more than happy to help them out with a rental. I also moved cars around with the lots and I sometimes helped with cleaning them. I answered the phones and did local reservations
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
had to leave cause i had to go on maternaty leave
Productive and great employees. Good Starting job.
Airport Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AlbertaJanuary 19, 2014
Long days, your choice of hours. Great Management and pleasure to work for.
overall a 4
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 12, 2013
It was a exciting and fun job I enjoyed my position in sales and was disappointed that the location closed!
Pros
sales/good hours
Cons
the job expired!
Fun and easy environment to relax and work in.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 28, 2013
Working at the airport location has benefits because you get to greet people who've never been to your city never mind your country and so you become a sort of ambassador to represent your city in all its glory, even in the bitter cold.
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee) –  Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS
Pros
still searching
Cons
list way to long
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  SKNovember 9, 2013
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind.
Pros
apartment and food supplied
Super cool place to work, colleagues are easy going
Fleet Transporter (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 5, 2013
I drive cars from the main distribution center to locations all over Canada and USA.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
getting into cars that are cold and sometimes have snow in the winter
Did not like the drive to Kitchener
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 28, 2013
I enjoyed working here when I first started however after a year some of my co-workers either left or were let go and some of the other workers that were hired did not know their job and I had to do more than I should have. My employer also used to go out and not come back even though I needed cheques signed for closings. it was very stressful on me and on our clients who were waiting for keys for their new home. Sometimes I would not leave work until 6-7 p.m. because he was gone.
Pros
christmas bonus
Cons
long drive to kitchener
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee) –  EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace.
Pros
monthly pizza
Cons
long hours, negative environment
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONMarch 9, 2013
good management, but no job security, nice co workers, learned more about administration,
nice people work there but management sucks.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 12, 2013
very bad training with almost no management skills, it is an easy job but the manager barely answers to bosses.
Pros
free lunch if you are good at customer service
Cons
horrible pay considering what you are dealing with.
Chating with co-workers before work day started in the mornning
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 6, 2013
Learn new things ever day you went to work.
Difference operating systems for each type of equipment.
A great team to work for.
Some co-workers I learn from and some co-workers I help.
Driving to and from work.
Working with all the team.
Pros
free lunchs on most friday
Cons
driving to and from work
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
fun
Customer Care (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  toronto airportSeptember 12, 2012
nice place to work nice management, good salary
winter is hardest part of the work, deal different nationality people that is is the most fun
Pros
bonus
Cons
overtime
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee) –  EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
Pros
perks
Cons
lack of leadership
Independent operator
Agency Operator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OnSeptember 4, 2012
This was a large company with established proceedures, so you alway knew what the expectaions were, but they were not open suggestions for change.
I worked as an independent agent and ran the Newmarket location. Since I was not part of the corporate grid, my experience with management was limited to district supervisors. My position was a fairly recent concept to Hertz and they had some difficulty in balancing the needs of an independent agent, and that of corporate culture. I hired and supervised my own staff.
Pros
running my own business, with little investment
Cons
long hours, management indifference
good place to work if your are strong person
Counter Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONAugust 17, 2012
good salary and benefit but high pressure job,only problem is fleet if your counter rap in Toronto u will have to go through lot of pressure from everywhere
Pros
nothing free
Cons
nothying much