The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2014
Pros: low stress
Cons: worked at night
It's been quite a while since I've worked there, but remember everyone being very friendly and helpful. I remember the training was very thorough and we always had help when we needed it.
Resarching
Lien/Research Clerk (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2014
Pros: lots of researching
Cons: everything is not black and white
A typical day at work is review delinquent accounts, reviewing the state statues and make a decision making on how to handle the problem.

To handle a delinquent account. I must decide on the listed factors below.

1. Years in business
2. Credit risk rating
3. Average number of days payment
4. Overall payment history
5. The dollar amount owed.

It is – more... a challenge workload with many factors to consider. – less
OK place to work
Trainee Administrator/Assistant (Former Employee), Cranford, ENGAugust 15, 2014
This place was OK to work at but can't remember much as it was a long time ago
Daily changes
Manager in Training (Current Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 14, 2014
Cons: 60 hours a week/lack of lunches/lack of training.
Lack of advancement due to lack of training from on site manager. On site manager has a lack of direction. She gives you no opportunity to make your numbers in order to promote.
productive fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), redondo beach caAugust 11, 2014
great job no complaints great co workers and management nothing bad to say about company.
Awful
MT (Former Employee), MDAugust 11, 2014
Cons: everything
Unorganized and weird rules! Never enough cars to satisfy reservations. Unmaintained and unsafe cars. No car wash. We have to clean cars outside wearing long sleeve dress shirts and pants and a tie! Hertz is expanding by opening up locations but no cars and a few employees. Many locations are just empty! Really no one and no cars there. Very weird!

All – more... for 12.5/hr! – less
Multinational Banking institution.
Software QA Engineer (Current Employee), Park Ridge, NJAugust 11, 2014
you really will fill that you are working for multinational company
A job that will change your character
COUNTER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), NVAugust 10, 2014
Pros: cheap good benefits
Cons: hard to achieve sales goals
Typical day at work includes greeting customers, obtaining their form of payment, driver's license, qualifying them for a rental, offering options and getting them on the road. You have to organize and track manifest to make sure needed inventory is prepared. There might be some cash procedures, making phone calls.
I learned a lot at this job, I became – more... very easy going and making conversations with anybody. However, lots of customers are very mean and rude, so I, also, obtained a thick skin. Customers yell at you, put you down and disrespect.
Management is very helpful and friendly. Sometimes they do not do everything to bring the inventory to maximize the potential.
All kinds of coworkers passed by while I worked. It is important not to take everyone as an example. Not everyone has a great value system in their mind.
Hardest part of the job is being around negative tired customers and staying positive compassionate person.
Best part is good benefits, good schedule and experience to meet lots of people – less
Run!!! Apply elsewhere!
management trainee (Former Employee), Philadelphia areaAugust 10, 2014
Pros: none!
Cons: everything about this job!
I was lied to in the interview. I was upfront with my obligations. I wish they would have given me the same courtesy and I wouldn't have wasted my time. If you are ok with being scheduled 50+ hours per week for little pay, then by all means apply. Management is mean and they have no desire to help when an angry customer requests to speak with them. – more... Daily emails are sent out harassing and embarrassing any employee that isn't up to standard that day. The vehicles are dirty (my manager refused to clean cars herself) and there are never enough of them. Oh, and they make excuses for all of their shortcomings. – less
Enriching Experience
Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2014
With this job I had the opportunity to interact, guide and help people from all over the world.
stable career
driver (Former Employee), Eureka, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: traveld
Cons: not enogh hours
typical day at work getting things done and improving company profits
Faced paced with great co-workers
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Wexford, PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: bonus structures
Cons: no breaks
This job has taught me many different things, most importantly the ability to multitask. An average day ranges from scheduling customers, confirming appointments with body shops, talking to insurance companies, and doing rentals. It is a faced paced and demanding job. Really enjoy my co-workers all good hardworking people looking to advance in the business – more... world. The worst part of the job is the long hours with what feels like little recognition from upper management. – less
Learned P & L
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 6, 2014
learned how to become a great leader and mentor to coworkers. Hardest part was working 65 hours a week. Enjoyed working with great clients and great peers.
FUN PLACE TO WORK TO MEET NEW PEOPLE ALL AROUND THE WORLD
Manager Trainee (MT Level 1) (Former Employee), JAMAICA NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: discounted rentals
Cons: not enough overtime
ASSIST CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR RENTAL NEEDS AND BILLING PROBLEMS. SET DAILY DUTIES FOR STAFF AND SCHEDULING
Awful place to work
Manager trainee (Current Employee), TylerAugust 6, 2014
Cons: everything about the company.
Terrible job. Management is awful they don't care about you. It's a every man for themself company. Zero teamwork even between other locations in your branch. Lots of stress. Customers constantly complain. Manager is never around. In training it's a 3 month program where your suppose to train beside your manager. I didn't see my manager till my third – more... week on the job and it was very brief when I did. I had to learn all the systems by myself. You work a minimum of 50 hrs a week with limited pay. Do yourself a favor and forget this company. – less
good place to start
manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 5, 2014
Pros: stable company
Cons: upper management out of touch
great place to start after college, however upper management for the most part is out of touch with what goes on day to day on the front lines
Nice place
Contracts & Lease Analyst (Former Employee), Montvale, NJAugust 5, 2014
Would have stayed, HQ moving to Florida. Relaxed company to work for and doing very well financially.
Prouctive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Eglin Village, FLAugust 4, 2014
on.
Customer Service
Greet visitors and determine where they should be given access to specific individuals.
Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
Conduct – more... research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors.
Attend meetings to record minutes.
Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work. – less
Casual, fun environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYAugust 4, 2014
At Hertz Rental i sold rental agreements, detailed and cleaned vehicles. Management was horrible, but the co-workers were great people. I learned basic sales skills and also a few computer skills.
Enjoy the customers and transporting various vehicles.
Transporter/Driver (Current Employee), Absecon, NJAugust 4, 2014
Pros: meet diverst customers and driving different vehicles.
Cons: low pay and no need for retension.
I enjoy the daily experience of transporting vehicles to various locations and the communication with customers. I learned the safety guidelines outlined with Hertz. My co-workers helped teach the meaning of teamwork and togetherness in finding locations and assuring safe deliveries. The hardest part of the job is accepting the low wages for the amount – more... of responsibilities. The most enjoyable part is having happy customers and dependable co-workers. – less

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos