The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

fun
Customer Care (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  toronto airport12 September 2012
nice place to work nice management, good salary
winter is hardest part of the work, deal different nationality people that is is the most fun
Pros
bonus
Cons
overtime
Awesome people to work with, the upper management left a bad impression on me.
CLASS A MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 February 2014
I loved the people and the facility is awesome. However, with upper management favoring dysfunctional people, and ignoring those who truly contributed I myself never, ever had a comfort zone while I worked there. The lesson I took from the place is that loyalty to an employer should also be linked to how loyal that employer is to me. No loyalty to me=no loyalty to the job.
Pros
Every other wednesday Hertz lunch
Cons
Little or no loyalty from upper management. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk
not bad for entry level job
Management Associate (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 November 2014
good management, nice people, fast pace, long hours, driving.
overall is pretty good
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, Ottawa, ON24 March 2014
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them.
Pros
Dealing with great customers.
Cons
Long Hours
good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON9 March 2013
good management, but no job security, nice co workers, learned more about administration,
Never the same day twice!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, Saskatchewan7 June 2015
I would get to work around 7:30am, find out if I have a regualr school run in the morning. If it was a yes i would find out what else what all needed of me for the day; if I wasnt needed for a morning run I would check to see if I had any charters for the day. Many times I would end up working in the office doing computers & paperwork.
I learned how to operate the computers, the account, who takes care of payments. My co-workers are a great group of people, always friendly. The hardest part of my job was not knowing if I am going to have work for a couple days as Im a spare driver. The most enjoyable part is working with the schools and the kids.
Pros
Simple hours, & freedom during the day if your not doing charters.
Cons
Not enough hours for a single mom with no help from anywhere else.
Quite an experience to work with people from all over the world
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On26 February 2015
The most important fact about this organisation is that we have the most diversified workers in the organisation; in addition, it enables an individual to increase his/her knowledge about cultures existing all over the world.
Good incentives
Management Trainee Associate (Current Employee) –  calgary16 May 2014
Management Trainee position is really challenging. Location manager demands a lot from their trainee everyday. However the learning opportunity is great and the experience also helps in the long run
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2014
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Pros
Great benefits and Sub when on site
Cons
Long shutdowns lesser home life
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke8 September 2012
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
Pros
perks
Cons
lack of leadership
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2012
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Pros
interaction, happy people
Cons
angry people, vehicles not available
Fun and easy environment to relax and work in.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2013
Working at the airport location has benefits because you get to greet people who've never been to your city never mind your country and so you become a sort of ambassador to represent your city in all its glory, even in the bitter cold.
nice people work there but management sucks.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2013
very bad training with almost no management skills, it is an easy job but the manager barely answers to bosses.
Pros
free lunch if you are good at customer service
Cons
horrible pay considering what you are dealing with.
Fun place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2015
Driving around town and deliver, pick up equipments.
Customer service and answer customer`s concerns.
Working in different environments and weather
good place to work if your are strong person
Counter Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 August 2012
good salary and benefit but high pressure job,only problem is fleet if your counter rap in Toronto u will have to go through lot of pressure from everywhere
Pros
nothing free
Cons
nothying much
Did not like the drive to Kitchener
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 October 2013
I enjoyed working here when I first started however after a year some of my co-workers either left or were let go and some of the other workers that were hired did not know their job and I had to do more than I should have. My employer also used to go out and not come back even though I needed cheques signed for closings. it was very stressful on me and on our clients who were waiting for keys for their new home. Sometimes I would not leave work until 6-7 p.m. because he was gone.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
long drive to Kitchener
Working in a team
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2012
I was able to gain customer service experience while working for Hertz Canada Ltd. as well as some sales experience
Pros
interact with people
Cons
no job security
Very Good Management
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  winnipeg airport27 June 2012
The management are very tight and have an eye to detail , the workers are there to help out whenever they can.
Pros
outside work
Cons
cold in winter and very hot in summer
Worst training ( none)
csr (Former Employee) –  Vancouver4 November 2014
left on my own to do web training which was of course all about Hertz regimented archaic ways . All based around money , service and hertz hertz hertz !

I was then told I was taking too long for Training .....no pressure lol. Overheard staff criticizing me ....overall a very bad experience and extreamly expensive waste of time for me.

Some stAff were ok but in general clickey ....and how some are still there with there customer service ..... Wow
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Typical corporation greed and staff are just numbers
Productive and great employees. Good Starting job.
Airport Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, Alberta19 January 2014
Long days, your choice of hours. Great Management and pleasure to work for.