The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2015
Driving around town and deliver, pick up equipments.
Customer service and answer customer`s concerns.
Working in different environments and weather
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PE11 October 2015
They are a great company to work for once you get to upper management. Starting out at the bottom will make you earn your stripes at this company. It's well worth it once you make it to upper management.
Pros
free lunches
Day to day activities
Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2015
Oversee day to day activities, inventory management, logistics, getting jobs completed. Assisting employees make decisions, solving issues pertaing to work and employee issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a customer acknowledge an employees performance on their quality and quantity of their work. The hardest part of the job is getting an employee to understand their mistake, but to learn from it and move on to NOT have it happened again, but ask questions if uncomfortable with making a decision.
Pros
Staff functions: hockey games, bar-b-ques
Cons
In-house disaggreements, negative customers
Hertz Calgary Airport YYC
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2000 airport rd7 August 2015
A typical day at work would be meeting different people from all over the world and being able to help those people direct them and customize their rentals to best suite their needs for their vacation and family.

On a daily basis i learn new things, from my Customer Service Reps to the customers . Ranging in things from Sales to where people are from and what there about .

Management changes very frequently so things get disorganized but once the location becomes more stable and consistent with employees, its runs smoothly.

My co-workers are the best part of it all, doesn't matter how hard the day is, we get through it together and help each other out when needed .

The hardest part about my job would be the language barriers between my clientele and myself . I am limited to English, Chinese & a little bit of spanish , BUT that is where either my co-workers or their family members assist and help with the communication level.

Lastly, the most enjoyable part is loving what i am doing and being good at the sales aspect of it , and at the same time i know i am the beginning and the end to a families vacation/business rental so i can ensure they have a great first and last impression .
Typical place of work but with friendship
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton New brunswick30 July 2015
Opening and closing contracts with clients. I have learn that everyone has different way of looking at things. With the company changing from a family own business to a corporate company it has a lot of differences. Meeting all kinds of new people from all over the world makes it more fun.
Pros
Able to drive all kinds of cars
Stay away
Tripper (Former Employee) –  Dorval15 June 2015
This is a horrible place to work. This company is a total joke. The management are a disorganized bunch of clowns and there is no job security, or benefits. You can expect minimum wage. They try to undercut you every chance they get. Morale among employees is non-existant. I dont know how this company hasn't gone belly up with the way its run, and by the people who run it.
Pros
Easy, brainless work
Cons
Low salary, low class people to work with / for, low class company
Never the same day twice!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, Saskatchewan7 June 2015
I would get to work around 7:30am, find out if I have a regualr school run in the morning. If it was a yes i would find out what else what all needed of me for the day; if I wasnt needed for a morning run I would check to see if I had any charters for the day. Many times I would end up working in the office doing computers & paperwork.
I learned how to operate the computers, the account, who takes care of payments. My co-workers are a great group of people, always friendly. The hardest part of my job was not knowing if I am going to have work for a couple days as Im a spare driver. The most enjoyable part is working with the schools and the kids.
Pros
Simple hours, & freedom during the day if your not doing charters.
Cons
Not enough hours for a single mom with no help from anywhere else.
A fun and caring environment
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2015
-Typical day at work involved conversing with anyone that even just happened to walk into our store.
-Getting along with the customers and offering all our services in the kindest manner.
-Informing the customers of their available choices in Cars and Value packages.
-Walking the customers around the cars and showing them the features of the vehicle.
-Attending calls and assisting the customers.
-Management was a bit reckless and irresponsible.
-Hardest part of the job was coordinating with the Main Fleet location to organize cars for customers.
Pros
Variety of Customers
Cons
Good place to work and learn from entry level as lots of opportunities and growth
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  North Ontario23 April 2015
Lots of internal learning courses to be done every year to comply with company's guidelines, which is good
Management rigid and not flexible
Open Door policy, however still seems like higher management is not approachable
People are great to work and co-operative
Due to Accounting issues, bonus/incentives auditing going on, which has resulted in employees who are under this program haven't been paid their balance 10% of bonus/incentives
Lots of process to get anything approved or moved forward
Pros
Branch Manager and above get company car with fuel and insurance
Cons
Long working hours
Quite an experience to work with people from all over the world
Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On26 February 2015
The most important fact about this organisation is that we have the most diversified workers in the organisation; in addition, it enables an individual to increase his/her knowledge about cultures existing all over the world.
Friendly staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2015
I enjoyed working with positive staff. Any issues were solved with the effort of every team. It's fun working with group of people that will help you achieve your goals.
Good place to get started.
Heavy Equipment Technician/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2015
Less than industry standards for pay and benefits. Management is in disarray. Basic work. Servicing and basic repairs on basic equipment. Coworkers are decent people.
Pros
Good place to start your apprenticeship.
Cons
Below industry standard for pay and benefits.
not bad for entry level job
Management Associate (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 November 2014
good management, nice people, fast pace, long hours, driving.
overall is pretty good
Worst training ( none)
csr (Former Employee) –  Vancouver4 November 2014
left on my own to do web training which was of course all about Hertz regimented archaic ways . All based around money , service and hertz hertz hertz !

I was then told I was taking too long for Training .....no pressure lol. Overheard staff criticizing me ....overall a very bad experience and extreamly expensive waste of time for me.

Some stAff were ok but in general clickey ....and how some are still there with there customer service ..... Wow
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Typical corporation greed and staff are just numbers
under paid
Driver /Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB31 October 2014
under paid for the demands expected. Management will belittle employees
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2014
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Pros
Great benefits and Sub when on site
Cons
Long shutdowns lesser home life
A Company that rewarded hard work and positive attitudes
City Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2014
At Hertz Canada i was able to learn and grow through the Company . I started as a Fleet Control clerk, and finished as the Manager of a large territory and all it's related operations. I learned so much about people , business growth , and financial management , all as a result of working hard , being honest and positive , and always supporting my Superiors , as well as my specific Team.
The hardest part of the job was trying to accomodate customers expectations in over booked situations. The best part of the job was growing personally , and as a manager alongside so many great coworkers.
Pros
fair compensation, company car
Cons
business success limited by limited fleet availability
great company willing to train and allow individuals to grow professionally
Yard Labourer (Current Employee) –  fort mcmurray31 August 2014
great company willing to train and allow individuals to grow professionally.
Productive and good place to learn customer service skills
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2014
a typical day at work requires a lot of fast-paced work, it requires u to be quick and efficient.

what i have learned from this job is even if your hired for a certain position u should still try to learn everyones roll, so if the person in an other appointed position needs help, you are able to assist.

co-workers where amazing ambitious individuals

Management was good not great.

the hardest part of the job is ,the lack of communication sometimes very rarely between workers.

the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the customers the best way we can
Pros
discounts
A fun place to work everyday comes with new challenges
Manager Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2014
Scheduled and reviewed car fleet inventory and rented this out according to car reservations. Learned to always be flexible and and adaptable. Company management is always focused on results not only in terms of profitability,but customer satisfaction and return business always a priority. With my co-workers we always help each other out in terms of sharing of resources, information and opportunities. Hardest part of the job are surprise last minute car reservations and this is where ones resourcefulness and problem solving come in handy. At the end of the day knowing that you have satisfied your customers to the best of your ability.
Pros
discount on car rentals
Cons
sometimes there are slack time which is good because it gives you time to do administration work