The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 3, 2015
I enjoyed working with positive staff. Any issues were solved with the effort of every team. It's fun working with group of people that will help you achieve your goals.
Good place to get started.
Heavy Equipment Technician/Apprentice (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good place to start your apprenticeship.
Cons: below industry standard for pay and benefits.
Less than industry standards for pay and benefits. Management is in disarray. Basic work. Servicing and basic repairs on basic equipment. Coworkers are decent people.
not bad for entry level job
Management Associate (Full-time) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 17, 2014
good management, nice people, fast pace, long hours, driving.
overall is pretty good
Worst training ( none)
csr (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: typical corporation greed and staff are just numbers
left on my own to do web training which was of course all about Hertz regimented archaic ways . All based around money , service and hertz hertz hertz !

I was then told I was taking too long for Training .....no pressure lol. Overheard staff criticizing me ....overall a very bad experience and extreamly expensive waste of time for me.

Some stAff were ok but in general clickey ....and how some are still there with there customer service ..... Wow
under paid
Driver /Yard Worker (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABOctober 31, 2014
under paid for the demands expected. Management will belittle employees
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and sub when on site
Cons: long shutdowns lesser home life
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
A Company that rewarded hard work and positive attitudes
City Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: fair compensation, company car
Cons: business success limited by limited fleet availability
At Hertz Canada i was able to learn and grow through the Company . I started as a Fleet Control clerk, and finished as the Manager of a large territory and all it's related operations. I learned so much about people , business growth , and financial management , all as a result of working hard , being honest and positive , and always supporting my Superiors , as well as my specific Team.
The hardest part of the job was trying to accomodate customers expectations in over booked situations. The best part of the job was growing personally , and as a manager alongside so many great coworkers.
great company willing to train and allow individuals to grow professionally
Yard Labourer (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayAugust 31, 2014
great company willing to train and allow individuals to grow professionally.
Productive and good place to learn customer service skills
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2014
Pros: discounts
a typical day at work requires a lot of fast-paced work, it requires u to be quick and efficient.

what i have learned from this job is even if your hired for a certain position u should still try to learn everyones roll, so if the person in an other appointed position needs help, you are able to assist.

co-workers where amazing ambitious individuals

Management was good not great.

the hardest part of the job is ,the lack of communication sometimes very rarely between workers.

the most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the customers the best way we can
A fun place to work everyday comes with new challenges
Manager Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2014
Pros: discount on car rentals
Cons: sometimes there are slack time which is good because it gives you time to do administration work
Scheduled and reviewed car fleet inventory and rented this out according to car reservations. Learned to always be flexible and and adaptable. Company management is always focused on results not only in terms of profitability,but customer satisfaction and return business always a priority. With my co-workers we always help each other out in terms of sharing of resources, information and opportunities. Hardest part of the job are surprise last minute car reservations and this is where ones resourcefulness and problem solving come in handy. At the end of the day knowing that you have satisfied your customers to the best of your ability.
Great division, exciting and room for advancement.
Branch Manager - Western Canada (Current Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABJune 18, 2014
- Great balance between family and work, strongly encouraged.
- Very tight team environment.
- Strong leadership that places faith in their employees decision making skills.
- Must be able to learn quickly, and on the fly.
- Hard work is very visible in the branches success, and is noted.
Good incentives
Management Trainee Associate (Current Employee), calgaryMay 16, 2014
Management Trainee position is really challenging. Location manager demands a lot from their trainee everyday. However the learning opportunity is great and the experience also helps in the long run
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort.
Will provie upon interview
PART TIME DRIVER (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 7, 2014
Typical day at work was to drive vehicles to the locations they needed to be.
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them.
Awesome people to work with, the upper management left a bad impression on me.
CLASS A MECHANIC (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: every other wednesday hertz lunch
Cons: little or no loyalty from upper management. they talk the talk but don't walk the walk
I loved the people and the facility is awesome. However, with upper management favoring dysfunctional people, and ignoring those who truly contributed I myself never, ever had a comfort zone while I worked there. The lesson I took from the place is that loyalty to an employer should also be linked to how loyal that employer is to me. No loyalty to me=no loyalty to the job.
attending customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: had to leave cause i had to go on maternaty leave
I attended my customers as they walked in the door confirmed that they had reservations and if they did not i would be more than happy to help them out with a rental. I also moved cars around with the lots and I sometimes helped with cleaning them. I answered the phones and did local reservations
Productive and great employees. Good Starting job.
Airport Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, AlbertaJanuary 19, 2014
Long days, your choice of hours. Great Management and pleasure to work for.
overall a 4
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 12, 2013
Pros: sales/good hours
Cons: the job expired!
It was a exciting and fun job I enjoyed my position in sales and was disappointed that the location closed!
Fun and easy environment to relax and work in.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 28, 2013
Working at the airport location has benefits because you get to greet people who've never been to your city never mind your country and so you become a sort of ambassador to represent your city in all its glory, even in the bitter cold.
Headquarters