The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
if you like exercise the job is great
Vehicle Service Agent (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: walk alot of miles
Cons: short breaks and its very busy there
extreme walking constant moving ,not to much to enjoy at the job very demanding on the car rental of cars
the grind
Remarketing Rep (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: cars, gas, and insurance for vehicles is part of compensation
Cons: minimal support from management and operations to do job. lack of inventory
send a list of inventory to buyers, visit buyers every week by scheduling appointments. I've learned how to unveil problems with buyers have with inventory and competitors. The hardest part of the job was finding inventory. You schedule appointments with buyers find out what they're needs are but unable to fulfill those needs because you lack to inventory – more... to do so. Management and ops in some areas not very helpful. The most enjoyable part is it's not just an office job. You get to be out in the field almost everyday. – less
Great Place to Work
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Bonita Springs, FLJuly 9, 2014
• Issue weekly and monthly pricing analytics on a market, region and division level.
• Provide analysis on pricing trends, market conditions and key performance indicators.
• Maintain and update pricing for over 250 contracts totaling more than $75 million of annual revenue.
• Provide detailed pricing analysis and recommendations to align rates with – more... strategies.
• Produce demand curve analysis and support for pricing decisions.
• Deliver contribution reporting and analysis by market, region and division.
• Lead weekly strategy meetings and present root cause analysis to senior management.
• Develop and design new reporting to meet demand or increase automation.
• Manage and develop discount reporting across various levels.
• Develop presentation material for reviews, meetings, conferences, analysts and senior management.
• Completed training to be a “subject matter expert” for a newly launched pricing software program. – less
Awesome
Transporter (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 8, 2014
Loved interning with this company. I was very sad to leave. Woudl recommend this place to anyone.
Long hours, low pay
Management Trainee (Current Employee), CAJuly 7, 2014
Six days a week. You take your written exam to advance after 3 to 6 months. Then the oral exam 3 to 6 months after that.
Great starter job for those looking for a career.
Area/District Manager (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: bonus plan, company car, you learn about business all around.
Cons: too many conference calls, too many chiefs, too many initiatves at one time, on-call 24/7
Hertz is growing tremendously. This is the right time to start working at Hertz.
I thought I was in the 1700's as far as work ethics go.
Transporter (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 6, 2014
Pros: you get to drive new cars.
Cons: they are never cleaned before you drive them.
This company requires you to take a safety course and then you are on call subject to the discretion of management as to when you will work. Most of the transporters are senior citizens, retired, and very set in their ways. Only the preferred favorites (family) work everyday or almost everyday. So expect to be called at the last minute with little to – more... no notice for seldom short runs. – less
Very productive place that requires TEAMWORK
Vehicle Service Attendant (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 3, 2014
Great job, great management, and everybody has to work together in order for everything to flow smoothly.
Great people and great work/life balance
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Park Ridge, New JerseyJuly 2, 2014
Overall a great company to work for. You obtain real hands on experience and is a fast-paced environment. Appreciates employees and genuinely cares for your success
Not Employee Oriented
Transporter (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2014
Pros: reduction in fees to rent a vehicle.
Cons: treated like second class person. no incentives.
No benefits and low pay. Terrible management. No incentives. Even when offered are often changed or eliminated.
very fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2014
I worked in the billing department which was a good thing for me because i worked Monday thru Friday with mandatory 8 hours of ovetime which wasnt that bad with time and a half for holidays. I enjoyed talking to different customers about there issues wit billing. I loved all of managers.
You can move up quickly, there's money to be made but be prepared to sell your soul!
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJune 28, 2014
Pros: company car and free gas once you become a manager
Cons: no support from upper management, not given the tools needed to do your job
The company is ran horribly. The people at the top don't care about those on the front line. On most days you aren't given the tools needed to do your job. If you're willing to stick it out you can move up quick due to the high turn over rate but there is no work live balance at all. You get no support from upper management.
Busy and fast paced work environment that placed and emphasis on customer interaction and mulittasking.
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, fast paced days, hour lunches.
Cons: long hours, not much time left for personal life, limited supply to meet large demand.
A typical day at work began at 7:30 and ended around 6:30. Upon entering the branch we would print and post sales numbers as they stood that morning, check our daily manifests and cross reference them with our available fleet. Then simultaneously we would send cars to offsite locations that needed them, tend to customers entering our branch, and call – more... our reservations for customers who were renting due to an insurance claim. We would also handle fleet maintenance as it arose by obtaining purchase orders from corporate so our accounts could fix our cars. At the end of the day we would close the branch, print and file daily business reports, log sales, enter inventory, and send copies to corporate for filing.

What I learned most from this job was that no two customers are the same. Everyone has different requirements and needs to be approached with a blank slate in order to discover how best to fulfill those requirements.

Management at the branch level was superb but I honestly felt that the the higher up the chain you went the more detached and uninvolved the management became. Many empty promises and false messages came from the upper levels of management which really hindered our daily operations.

Co-workers were typically of the highest calibre. Motivation, determination and moral were all typically very high. I believe this was mostly due to our local branch manager.

The hardest part of the job was providing enough cars to meet the demand. Hertz has marketed themselves very well but they have created a demand which they are seemingly not purchasing enough inventory to supply for.

The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly the fast pace of the day. You were never standing still and yet at the end of a day that could last 10hrs it would often feel like the day had just begun not very long ago. – less
Too much work not enough time
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: management, work duties, facilities
The pay is the only thing that is consistent. Even then it could be taken away or knocked down depending on Management and the CEO.
Fast Paced with easy advacement
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MIJune 25, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: can be high stress
Hertz is a fast paced workplace with opportunity for growth.
Great product and quality service
District Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 24, 2014
You can pay less to rent a car, but you certainly get what you pay for at those discount rental car agencies.
Interesting place to work
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Palo Alto, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: different cars, fun staff
Cons: pay, long hours
-Work Hard without the ability to play hard
-Fun coworkers
-Bad management in some areas
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 23, 2014
Company gives many chances for advancement as well as more social/professionalism to deal with customers
Great company to advance in
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Latham, NYJune 19, 2014
Hard work is rewarded with advancement oppurtunities and benefits are top of the line
Loved working at Hertz but the company is moving to FLA.
Corporate/Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), Park Ridge, NJJune 18, 2014
I've loved my time at Hertz. For most of the time I spent here the company and department was great. Unfortunately the company is moving to Florida and I can make the move. There are been many changes in the department and the culture has really changed.

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos