The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to develop managerial Skills
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 March 2016
Great place to interact with internal/external customer and to exercise sales and customer service excellency. Great place to exercise business skills learned at University
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Limites career advance
Good place to get started.
Heavy Equipment Technician/Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2015
Less than industry standards for pay and benefits. Management is in disarray. Basic work. Servicing and basic repairs on basic equipment. Coworkers are decent people.
Pros
Good place to start your apprenticeship.
Cons
Below industry standard for pay and benefits.
Interesting
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 March 2016
found management good
learned to always have car insurance
learned how to both open and close
really enjoyed the location an people i worked with
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PE11 October 2015
They are a great company to work for once you get to upper management. Starting out at the bottom will make you earn your stripes at this company. It's well worth it once you make it to upper management.
Pros
free lunches
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2015
This is a great place to work. It can be fast paced. You have the opportunity to meet a lot of interesting people depending on the office you are working at. The staff are great!! Managers too. They can be very accommodating when they can. If you can sell coverage on rentals, you have to opportunity to make a decent bonus. The most enjoyable part of working for Hertz would be working with the friendly outgoing staff. Hardest would be trying to deal with an irate customer due to a bill they are not happy with, or the vehicle is not what the expected. I have however learned how to compromise with customers and try to find a middle ground everyone is happy with, before having to bring a manager into the mix. When doing this you gain customer appreciation and possible regular renters, who want to deal with just you!
Pros
Long weekends, they would buy the offices lunch.
Cons
Shift work. Every second weekend having to work.
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2014
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Pros
Great benefits and Sub when on site
Cons
Long shutdowns lesser home life
Poor communication
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2016
Poor communication, little training, high expectations for this company but in the end feel disappointed with the leadership at Hertz.
Fun and easy environment to relax and work in.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2013
Working at the airport location has benefits because you get to greet people who've never been to your city never mind your country and so you become a sort of ambassador to represent your city in all its glory, even in the bitter cold.
Independent operator
Agency Operator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, On4 September 2012
This was a large company with established proceedures, so you alway knew what the expectaions were, but they were not open suggestions for change.
I worked as an independent agent and ran the Newmarket location. Since I was not part of the corporate grid, my experience with management was limited to district supervisors. My position was a fairly recent concept to Hertz and they had some difficulty in balancing the needs of an independent agent, and that of corporate culture. I hired and supervised my own staff.
Pros
running my own business, with little investment
Cons
long hours, management indifference
fun
Customer Care (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  toronto airport12 September 2012
nice place to work nice management, good salary
winter is hardest part of the work, deal different nationality people that is is the most fun
Pros
bonus
Cons
overtime
good place to work if your are strong person
Counter Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 August 2012
good salary and benefit but high pressure job,only problem is fleet if your counter rap in Toronto u will have to go through lot of pressure from everywhere
Pros
nothing free
Cons
nothying much
Day to day activities
Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 October 2015
Oversee day to day activities, inventory management, logistics, getting jobs completed. Assisting employees make decisions, solving issues pertaing to work and employee issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a customer acknowledge an employees performance on their quality and quantity of their work. The hardest part of the job is getting an employee to understand their mistake, but to learn from it and move on to NOT have it happened again, but ask questions if uncomfortable with making a decision.
Pros
Staff functions: hockey games, bar-b-ques
Cons
In-house disaggreements, negative customers
Poor place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2016
I worked there for 1.5 years and experienced some very poor management. I thought after a while of proving myself I would earn some respect, but I found little. The job was simple but the pay was bad
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2014
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort.
Pros
Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Long Hours
Good stepping stone
General Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2016
Learn a lot, lots of challenges, difficult in making positive change, HR department needs to go. a lot of sr. staff, very closed minded. small minded people, they wake up dreaming how to make your day a memorable one
great with customer service
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was talking with others and meeting new people

a typical day at work was answering phone, greeting customers and washing cars
Hertz Calgary Airport YYC
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2000 airport rd7 August 2015
A typical day at work would be meeting different people from all over the world and being able to help those people direct them and customize their rentals to best suite their needs for their vacation and family.

On a daily basis i learn new things, from my Customer Service Reps to the customers . Ranging in things from Sales to where people are from and what there about .

Management changes very frequently so things get disorganized but once the location becomes more stable and consistent with employees, its runs smoothly.

My co-workers are the best part of it all, doesn't matter how hard the day is, we get through it together and help each other out when needed .

The hardest part about my job would be the language barriers between my clientele and myself . I am limited to English, Chinese & a little bit of spanish , BUT that is where either my co-workers or their family members assist and help with the communication level.

Lastly, the most enjoyable part is loving what i am doing and being good at the sales aspect of it , and at the same time i know i am the beginning and the end to a families vacation/business rental so i can ensure they have a great first and last impression .
Good place to work and learn from entry level as lots of opportunities and growth
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  North Ontario23 April 2015
Lots of internal learning courses to be done every year to comply with company's guidelines, which is good
Management rigid and not flexible
Open Door policy, however still seems like higher management is not approachable
People are great to work and co-operative
Due to Accounting issues, bonus/incentives auditing going on, which has resulted in employees who are under this program haven't been paid their balance 10% of bonus/incentives
Lots of process to get anything approved or moved forward
Pros
Branch Manager and above get company car with fuel and insurance
Cons
Long working hours
A fun and caring environment
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2015
-Typical day at work involved conversing with anyone that even just happened to walk into our store.
-Getting along with the customers and offering all our services in the kindest manner.
-Informing the customers of their available choices in Cars and Value packages.
-Walking the customers around the cars and showing them the features of the vehicle.
-Attending calls and assisting the customers.
-Management was a bit reckless and irresponsible.
-Hardest part of the job was coordinating with the Main Fleet location to organize cars for customers.
Pros
Variety of Customers
Cons
Typical place of work but with friendship
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton New brunswick30 July 2015
Opening and closing contracts with clients. I have learn that everyone has different way of looking at things. With the company changing from a family own business to a corporate company it has a lot of differences. Meeting all kinds of new people from all over the world makes it more fun.
Pros
Able to drive all kinds of cars