The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

Secure Job
Customer Service Rep in January 2014 (Current Employee) –  Billy bishop AirpirtJune 5, 2016
Hertz has provided me with work security and good benefits the 3 years I have been working there. I have no problem with the workplace or how they run things, I have just outgrown the job and am currently looking to get into my field.
Pros
Union job, Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Repetitive, Not challenging
Fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 4, 2016
Long hours, on call 24/7, great co-workers, met a lot of new people, learned about a lot of different cultures.The job didn't give me much time with my family.
Pros
great people
Great Parts Manager
Shipping/Receiving PartsSupport (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJune 1, 2016
My manager was a great person,
In my position I dealt with the mechanics , ordering and receiving parts from the vendors. As well as arranging shipping of the products.
Most of the time every one was fun to be around
Poor communication
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 22, 2016
Poor communication, little training, high expectations for this company but in the end feel disappointed with the leadership at Hertz.
you were a number and disposable
Rental Manager/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 21, 2016
the company has no loyalty to its staff and the employees spend a lot of time in fighting with the management. I cant work in that kind of environment so I left.
Pros
pay was good, hours good
Cons
staff vs management issues, not enough staff to do the job.
Great company even better employees
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 19, 2016
I couldn't ask for better management and employees. I was responsible for dealing with customer sales, customer rejections and signing new prospects. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the slow winter months. I am a person who needs to stay focused and busy year round, which unfortunately led to me leaving the company. I enjoyed the new challenges presented daily, as no two days were the same. Creative thinking is a must, as no two customer issues were ever the same. Very positive experience.
Pros
Meeting new people, facing new challenges
Cons
Very slow winter months, comparable to being laid off
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
I learned how to handle tough situations with customers and management and co workers were great. Hardest part of the job was making sure the system did not crash.
High quality performance to produce outstanding results
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONApril 11, 2016
Supporting achievement of location sales and margin goals
Ensuring positive customer experience, making Hertz #1 in car rental company experience
Achieving individual sales goals and customer service goals
Growing sales utilizing business-to-business sales tactics
Upholding company standards by ensuring cars are presentable to customers
Clean and service facilities/vehicles to ensure customer satisfaction
I am responsible for managing a unionized and/or non-unionized workforce
delivering quality customer service,
increasing sales and revenue,
scheduling adequate staff coverage,
handling customer issues and requests, and training new personnel. Scheduling and payroll on a weekly bases.
Pros
A lot of responsibilities, Good training programs
Cons
Great place to develop managerial Skills
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONMarch 22, 2016
Great place to interact with internal/external customer and to exercise sales and customer service excellency. Great place to exercise business skills learned at University
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Limites career advance
Interesting
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 17, 2016
found management good
learned to always have car insurance
learned how to both open and close
really enjoyed the location an people i worked with
Good stepping stone
General Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Learn a lot, lots of challenges, difficult in making positive change, HR department needs to go. a lot of sr. staff, very closed minded. small minded people, they wake up dreaming how to make your day a memorable one
Poor place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
I worked there for 1.5 years and experienced some very poor management. I thought after a while of proving myself I would earn some respect, but I found little. The job was simple but the pay was bad
great with customer service
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 5, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was talking with others and meeting new people

a typical day at work was answering phone, greeting customers and washing cars
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 17, 2015
This is a great place to work. It can be fast paced. You have the opportunity to meet a lot of interesting people depending on the office you are working at. The staff are great!! Managers too. They can be very accommodating when they can. If you can sell coverage on rentals, you have to opportunity to make a decent bonus. The most enjoyable part of working for Hertz would be working with the friendly outgoing staff. Hardest would be trying to deal with an irate customer due to a bill they are not happy with, or the vehicle is not what the expected. I have however learned how to compromise with customers and try to find a middle ground everyone is happy with, before having to bring a manager into the mix. When doing this you gain customer appreciation and possible regular renters, who want to deal with just you!
Pros
Long weekends, they would buy the offices lunch.
Cons
Shift work. Every second weekend having to work.
Fun place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
Driving around town and deliver, pick up equipments.
Customer service and answer customer`s concerns.
Working in different environments and weather
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PEOctober 11, 2015
They are a great company to work for once you get to upper management. Starting out at the bottom will make you earn your stripes at this company. It's well worth it once you make it to upper management.
Pros
free lunches
Day to day activities
Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2015
Oversee day to day activities, inventory management, logistics, getting jobs completed. Assisting employees make decisions, solving issues pertaing to work and employee issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a customer acknowledge an employees performance on their quality and quantity of their work. The hardest part of the job is getting an employee to understand their mistake, but to learn from it and move on to NOT have it happened again, but ask questions if uncomfortable with making a decision.
Pros
Staff functions: hockey games, bar-b-ques
Cons
In-house disaggreements, negative customers
Hertz Calgary Airport YYC
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  2000 airport rdAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work would be meeting different people from all over the world and being able to help those people direct them and customize their rentals to best suite their needs for their vacation and family.

On a daily basis i learn new things, from my Customer Service Reps to the customers . Ranging in things from Sales to where people are from and what there about .

Management changes very frequently so things get disorganized but once the location becomes more stable and consistent with employees, its runs smoothly.

My co-workers are the best part of it all, doesn't matter how hard the day is, we get through it together and help each other out when needed .

The hardest part about my job would be the language barriers between my clientele and myself . I am limited to English, Chinese & a little bit of spanish , BUT that is where either my co-workers or their family members assist and help with the communication level.

Lastly, the most enjoyable part is loving what i am doing and being good at the sales aspect of it , and at the same time i know i am the beginning and the end to a families vacation/business rental so i can ensure they have a great first and last impression .
Typical place of work but with friendship
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton New brunswickJuly 30, 2015
Opening and closing contracts with clients. I have learn that everyone has different way of looking at things. With the company changing from a family own business to a corporate company it has a lot of differences. Meeting all kinds of new people from all over the world makes it more fun.
Pros
Able to drive all kinds of cars
Stay away
Tripper (Former Employee) –  DorvalJune 15, 2015
This is a horrible place to work. This company is a total joke. The management are a disorganized bunch of clowns and there is no job security, or benefits. You can expect minimum wage. They try to undercut you every chance they get. Morale among employees is non-existant. I dont know how this company hasn't gone belly up with the way its run, and by the people who run it.
Pros
Easy, brainless work
Cons
Low salary, low class people to work with / for, low class company