The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
productive and fun workplace
Chauffeur (Former Employee), Makati. PhilippinesApril 13, 2013
a convenient workplace wherein you cam interact with your boss and colleagues. I have learned a lot from my previous job as well as learned some new places by going to those places when my passengers directed me to go to. Hardest part is when I almost went home so late and have to wake up early for another busy day.
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
the grind
Remarketing Rep (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: cars, gas, and insurance for vehicles is part of compensation
Cons: minimal support from management and operations to do job. lack of inventory
send a list of inventory to buyers, visit buyers every week by scheduling appointments. I've learned how to unveil problems with buyers have with inventory and competitors. The hardest part of the job was finding inventory. You schedule appointments with buyers find out what they're needs are but unable to fulfill those needs because you lack to inventory – more... to do so. Management and ops in some areas not very helpful. The most enjoyable part is it's not just an office job. You get to be out in the field almost everyday. – less
Long hours, low pay
Management Trainee (Current Employee), CAJuly 7, 2014
Six days a week. You take your written exam to advance after 3 to 6 months. Then the oral exam 3 to 6 months after that.
Great starter job for those looking for a career.
Area/District Manager (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLJuly 7, 2014
Pros: bonus plan, company car, you learn about business all around.
Cons: too many conference calls, too many chiefs, too many initiatves at one time, on-call 24/7
Hertz is growing tremendously. This is the right time to start working at Hertz.
I thought I was in the 1700's as far as work ethics go.
Transporter (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 6, 2014
Pros: you get to drive new cars.
Cons: they are never cleaned before you drive them.
This company requires you to take a safety course and then you are on call subject to the discretion of management as to when you will work. Most of the transporters are senior citizens, retired, and very set in their ways. Only the preferred favorites (family) work everyday or almost everyday. So expect to be called at the last minute with little to – more... no notice for seldom short runs. – less
Very productive place that requires TEAMWORK
Vehicle Service Attendant (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 3, 2014
Great job, great management, and everybody has to work together in order for everything to flow smoothly.
Great people and great work/life balance
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Park Ridge, New JerseyJuly 2, 2014
Overall a great company to work for. You obtain real hands on experience and is a fast-paced environment. Appreciates employees and genuinely cares for your success
Not Employee Oriented
Transporter (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 29, 2014
Pros: reduction in fees to rent a vehicle.
Cons: treated like second class person. no incentives.
No benefits and low pay. Terrible management. No incentives. Even when offered are often changed or eliminated.
very fun place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 29, 2014
I worked in the billing department which was a good thing for me because i worked Monday thru Friday with mandatory 8 hours of ovetime which wasnt that bad with time and a half for holidays. I enjoyed talking to different customers about there issues wit billing. I loved all of managers.
You can move up quickly, there's money to be made but be prepared to sell your soul!
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJune 28, 2014
Pros: company car and free gas once you become a manager
Cons: no support from upper management, not given the tools needed to do your job
The company is ran horribly. The people at the top don't care about those on the front line. On most days you aren't given the tools needed to do your job. If you're willing to stick it out you can move up quick due to the high turn over rate but there is no work live balance at all. You get no support from upper management.
Busy and fast paced work environment that placed and emphasis on customer interaction and mulittasking.
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORJune 27, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, fast paced days, hour lunches.
Cons: long hours, not much time left for personal life, limited supply to meet large demand.
A typical day at work began at 7:30 and ended around 6:30. Upon entering the branch we would print and post sales numbers as they stood that morning, check our daily manifests and cross reference them with our available fleet. Then simultaneously we would send cars to offsite locations that needed them, tend to customers entering our branch, and call – more... our reservations for customers who were renting due to an insurance claim. We would also handle fleet maintenance as it arose by obtaining purchase orders from corporate so our accounts could fix our cars. At the end of the day we would close the branch, print and file daily business reports, log sales, enter inventory, and send copies to corporate for filing.

What I learned most from this job was that no two customers are the same. Everyone has different requirements and needs to be approached with a blank slate in order to discover how best to fulfill those requirements.

Management at the branch level was superb but I honestly felt that the the higher up the chain you went the more detached and uninvolved the management became. Many empty promises and false messages came from the upper levels of management which really hindered our daily operations.

Co-workers were typically of the highest calibre. Motivation, determination and moral were all typically very high. I believe this was mostly due to our local branch manager.

The hardest part of the job was providing enough cars to meet the demand. Hertz has marketed themselves very well but they have created a demand which they are seemingly not purchasing enough inventory to supply for.

The most enjoyable part of the job was honestly the fast pace of the day. You were never standing still and yet at the end of a day that could last 10hrs it would often feel like the day had just begun not very long ago. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos