The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst training ( none)
csr (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: typical corporation greed and staff are just numbers
left on my own to do web training which was of course all about Hertz regimented archaic ways . All based around money , service and hertz hertz hertz !

I was then told I was taking too long for Training .....no pressure lol. Overheard staff criticizing me ....overall a very bad experience and extreamly expensive waste of time for me.

Some stAff were ok but in general clickey ....and how some are still there with there customer service ..... Wow
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and sub when on site
Cons: long shutdowns lesser home life
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort.
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them.
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind.
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Sales and Marketing
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: great health insurance
Cons: long hours and very low pay
It was a good company. The upper management had a disconnect with the employees on the branch level. There was unrealistic expectations for the staff.
Fun workplace
Transporter (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 25, 2015
Great work environment, the company had to cut hours. Everyday we operated as a team to bring more and more customers to the store.
Productive Work Place
Emergency Roadservice Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
As A ERSA I assisted dealt with customers whom had a dead battery in vehicle, flat tire. broken window etc. The customers were often very upset. I learned that if you out yourself in the customers position you get a better understanding how they are feeling at that moment and able to assist them accurately and efficiently
Accomdates your everyday life
Transporter (Current Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 23, 2015
Great hours flexiablitiy
Room for growth
Teachable
Divirsity
Great atmosphere
Comfortable work environment
Hardest part is sitting in traffic or coming to work and there no being enough work for everyone
One of the Best Managers I had ever worked for!
Lead Mechanic - Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas TxJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: ethical, safety, process, security
Cons: pay
Large company but small pay. The work is easy but there is a lot going on in this company.
Customer Service in renting automobiles
Transporter (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Providing transportation for customers who need pick up to the Hertz office. Delivering automobiles to other Hertz sites
Great benefits! Friendly Staff!
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), North Hollywood, CAJanuary 20, 2015
A great company to work for. Has amazing health and employee benefits. Environment changes constantly so you are never bored! Staff were amazing to work with and make the experience even better!
Fast paced, not boring
Manager in Training (Former Employee), Winter Haven, FLJanuary 20, 2015
The job is VERY intense. Non stop, mostly only having 5 minutes, if that, for lunch. For what's required of you, the money isn't there.
Changing Company
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: as many hours of work available as wanted
Cons: long hours expected
Lots of issues with this company as it has been going through an "accounting crisis." What this means to employees are bloated operating expenses and delay and partial payment of monthly bonuses.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos