The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Easy and fun to work
Tripper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2016
Too many things to say, but I am not a part of management, so its none of my business. As a tripper, I drive clean cars from distribution to airport and bring back the dirty ones to distribution. It is an easy job and fun to work.
Pros
Fun to work, easy, low stress, drive new cars
Cons
poor wages, no health benifits
voted 4th worst company in North America to work for
car jockey (Former Employee) –  pearson airport8 August 2016
no benefits, extremely low pay which increases each year by pennies.
staff is slow and in some cases can barely speak English
hard workers get punished for small mistakes.
Pros
close to airport
Cons
extremely low pay
Secure Job
Customer Service Rep in January 2014 (Current Employee) –  Billy bishop Airpirt5 June 2016
Hertz has provided me with work security and good benefits the 3 years I have been working there. I have no problem with the workplace or how they run things, I have just outgrown the job and am currently looking to get into my field.
Pros
Union job, Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Repetitive, Not challenging
Bad Management, Lazy Employees
Tripper (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON8 September 2016
Worked here for couple of months and must say a real bad place to work.
Some Managers/Supervisor favour own kind of people, while their are some work well but get taken advantage of.

Office is a mess all the time.....and oh don't mention of the washroom

When I was there one of my colleague a girl was harassed and when went to Management they did not seem to care!!!!

Pay and Union is a joke!!!!
Beware of high turnover rate as well!
Pros
Cons
Lots read above.....more to list!!!
High quality performance to produce outstanding results
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON11 April 2016
Supporting achievement of location sales and margin goals
Ensuring positive customer experience, making Hertz #1 in car rental company experience
Achieving individual sales goals and customer service goals
Growing sales utilizing business-to-business sales tactics
Upholding company standards by ensuring cars are presentable to customers
Clean and service facilities/vehicles to ensure customer satisfaction
I am responsible for managing a unionized and/or non-unionized workforce
delivering quality customer service,
increasing sales and revenue,
scheduling adequate staff coverage,
handling customer issues and requests, and training new personnel. Scheduling and payroll on a weekly bases.
Pros
A lot of responsibilities, Good training programs
Cons
Great company even better employees
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2016
I couldn't ask for better management and employees. I was responsible for dealing with customer sales, customer rejections and signing new prospects. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the slow winter months. I am a person who needs to stay focused and busy year round, which unfortunately led to me leaving the company. I enjoyed the new challenges presented daily, as no two days were the same. Creative thinking is a must, as no two customer issues were ever the same. Very positive experience.
Pros
Meeting new people, facing new challenges
Cons
Very slow winter months, comparable to being laid off
Fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 June 2016
Long hours, on call 24/7, great co-workers, met a lot of new people, learned about a lot of different cultures.The job didn't give me much time with my family.
Pros
great people
A normal day at work
Vehicle Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC27 October 2016
Typical day at work would be, getting in a car and bringing it to the gas pump, fulling the car with gas, then clean the interior, once finished the interior move on the the exterior and the run it through the car wash and park it and repeat. sometime have to drop and pick up cars at the air-port aka "tripping"
some workers,DONT WORK..
Heavy Duty Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  foster creek5 October 2016
Great company to work with BUT some people do not work at all..Some workers bribe boss so they do not have to work and do not follow rules.otherwise if it wasnt for these type of people it was a great place to work.
Stay away
Tripper (Former Employee) –  Dorval15 June 2015
This is a horrible place to work. This company is a total joke. The management are a disorganized bunch of clowns and there is no job security, or benefits. You can expect minimum wage. They try to undercut you every chance they get. Morale among employees is non-existant. I dont know how this company hasn't gone belly up with the way its run, and by the people who run it.
Pros
Easy, brainless work
Cons
Low salary, low class people to work with / for, low class company
Great foundational start to working in Toronto
vsa (Current Employee) –  Lester Pearson international Airport31 August 2016
lots of room to get involved in improving the working environment. This is a good foundation job for new comers to the country.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Unionized
productive.
Tripper moving cars from location to location (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 July 2016
fun place to work.i was very familar empoloyee with the company.i really miss nice co-workers.I volunteerly resigned when i retired.
and it April 5,2013

Now instead of sitting in my apt i would like to work part time.
A Company that rewarded hard work and positive attitudes
City Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 September 2014
At Hertz Canada i was able to learn and grow through the Company . I started as a Fleet Control clerk, and finished as the Manager of a large territory and all it's related operations. I learned so much about people , business growth , and financial management , all as a result of working hard , being honest and positive , and always supporting my Superiors , as well as my specific Team.
The hardest part of the job was trying to accomodate customers expectations in over booked situations. The best part of the job was growing personally , and as a manager alongside so many great coworkers.
Pros
fair compensation, company car
Cons
business success limited by limited fleet availability
you were a number and disposable
Rental Manager/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 April 2016
the company has no loyalty to its staff and the employees spend a lot of time in fighting with the management. I cant work in that kind of environment so I left.
Pros
pay was good, hours good
Cons
staff vs management issues, not enough staff to do the job.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
I learned how to handle tough situations with customers and management and co workers were great. Hardest part of the job was making sure the system did not crash.
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee) –  Edmonton EDI18 November 2013
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS
Pros
STILL SEARCHING
Cons
LIST WAY TO LONG
Great Parts Manager
Shipping/Receiving PartsSupport (Former Employee) –  Edmonton1 June 2016
My manager was a great person,
In my position I dealt with the mechanics , ordering and receiving parts from the vendors. As well as arranging shipping of the products.
Most of the time every one was fun to be around
Great place to develop managerial Skills
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 March 2016
Great place to interact with internal/external customer and to exercise sales and customer service excellency. Great place to exercise business skills learned at University
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Limites career advance
excellent team working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC22 May 2012
a typical day, was having vehicles ready and cleaned on time for every flight. i learned to use a lot of computer skills i wouldn't use else where. T he management was good and supportive and would work around your schedule if needed.My co-workers were fun and helped eachother. The hardest part was,working so much overtime.Each of us crs had or own customers that would come to see us personally.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
starting cars in the winter.
Interesting
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 March 2016
found management good
learned to always have car insurance
learned how to both open and close
really enjoyed the location an people i worked with