The Hertz Corporation
1,313 reviews

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical place of work but with friendship
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton New brunswickJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Able to drive all kinds of cars
Cons: Long hours
Opening and closing contracts with clients. I have learn that everyone has different way of looking at things. With the company changing from a family own business to a corporate company it has a lot of differences. Meeting all kinds of new people from all over the world makes it more fun.
Stay away
Tripper (Former Employee), DorvalJune 15, 2015
Pros: Easy, brainless work
Cons: Low salary, low class people to work with / for, low class company
This is a horrible place to work. This company is a total joke. The management are a disorganized bunch of clowns and there is no job security, or benefits. You can expect minimum wage. They try to undercut you every chance they get. Morale among employees is non-existant. I dont know how this company hasn't gone belly up with the way its run, and by the people who run it.
Quite an experience to work with people from all over the world
Driver (Current Employee), Toronto, OnFebruary 26, 2015
The most important fact about this organisation is that we have the most diversified workers in the organisation; in addition, it enables an individual to increase his/her knowledge about cultures existing all over the world.
Worst training ( none)
csr (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: typical corporation greed and staff are just numbers
left on my own to do web training which was of course all about Hertz regimented archaic ways . All based around money , service and hertz hertz hertz !

I was then told I was taking too long for Training – more... .....no pressure lol. Overheard staff criticizing me ....overall a very bad experience and extreamly expensive waste of time for me.

Some stAff were ok but in general clickey ....and how some are still there with there customer service ..... Wow – less
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and sub when on site
Cons: long shutdowns lesser home life
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, – more... work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to – more... the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced – more... staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to – more... get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment – more... with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos