The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
tough workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee), CAAugust 18, 2014
Although I gained very good experience, Hertz is a hard place to work. Long hours, usually 55+ a week and extremely understaffed. First couple months are somewhat enjoyable, but as you progress in the company and move upward, management seems to be less and less supportive.

A typical day at hertz: Clock in about 6:30 am, inventory fleet, run and analyze – more... about 6-10 reports daily. Conference call with area manager from 7:00 to about 7:20 to discuss fleet needs and sales numbers for individual branches. Open at 7:30 am and usually there are about 3-4 customers already waiting. Everyone at the branch is responsible for answering phones within three rings, even if you are with a customer. Most branches have three lines, and they are going off constantly throughout the day. There are various conference calls every day, and sometimes up to three or four. Very busy until it slows down from about 1:00-3:30 during which more reports are ran, customers are contacted, vehicles are cleaned. It gets extremely busy again from about 4:00 to close at 6:00. From 6:00 to about 7:00 cars are cleaned and we set up for the next day. This is five days a week, and saturday most branches are open from 9-12:00.

Hertz is not a bad place to work, especially out of college. One gains a lot of experience, but has to be willing to put in the long hours and work. It is a very high stress industry, but it can also be rewarding. The downfall is that most branches are understaffed due to the environment. – less
Friendly people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2014
Pros: low stress
Cons: worked at night
It's been quite a while since I've worked there, but remember everyone being very friendly and helpful. I remember the training was very thorough and we always had help when we needed it.
Daily changes
Manager in Training (Current Employee), Baytown, TXAugust 14, 2014
Cons: 60 hours a week/lack of lunches/lack of training.
Lack of advancement due to lack of training from on site manager. On site manager has a lack of direction. She gives you no opportunity to make your numbers in order to promote.
productive fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), redondo beach caAugust 11, 2014
great job no complaints great co workers and management nothing bad to say about company.
Awful
MT (Former Employee), MDAugust 11, 2014
Cons: everything
Unorganized and weird rules! Never enough cars to satisfy reservations. Unmaintained and unsafe cars. No car wash. We have to clean cars outside wearing long sleeve dress shirts and pants and a tie! Hertz is expanding by opening up locations but no cars and a few employees. Many locations are just empty! Really no one and no cars there. Very weird!

All – more... for 12.5/hr! – less
Multinational Banking institution.
Software QA Engineer (Current Employee), Park Ridge, NJAugust 11, 2014
you really will fill that you are working for multinational company
A job that will change your character
COUNTER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), NVAugust 10, 2014
Pros: cheap good benefits
Cons: hard to achieve sales goals
Typical day at work includes greeting customers, obtaining their form of payment, driver's license, qualifying them for a rental, offering options and getting them on the road. You have to organize and track manifest to make sure needed inventory is prepared. There might be some cash procedures, making phone calls.
I learned a lot at this job, I became – more... very easy going and making conversations with anybody. However, lots of customers are very mean and rude, so I, also, obtained a thick skin. Customers yell at you, put you down and disrespect.
Management is very helpful and friendly. Sometimes they do not do everything to bring the inventory to maximize the potential.
All kinds of coworkers passed by while I worked. It is important not to take everyone as an example. Not everyone has a great value system in their mind.
Hardest part of the job is being around negative tired customers and staying positive compassionate person.
Best part is good benefits, good schedule and experience to meet lots of people – less
Run!!! Apply elsewhere!
management trainee (Former Employee), Philadelphia areaAugust 10, 2014
Pros: none!
Cons: everything about this job!
I was lied to in the interview. I was upfront with my obligations. I wish they would have given me the same courtesy and I wouldn't have wasted my time. If you are ok with being scheduled 50+ hours per week for little pay, then by all means apply. Management is mean and they have no desire to help when an angry customer requests to speak with them. – more... Daily emails are sent out harassing and embarrassing any employee that isn't up to standard that day. The vehicles are dirty (my manager refused to clean cars herself) and there are never enough of them. Oh, and they make excuses for all of their shortcomings. – less
Enriching Experience
Counter Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2014
With this job I had the opportunity to interact, guide and help people from all over the world.
stable career
driver (Former Employee), Eureka, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: traveld
Cons: not enogh hours
typical day at work getting things done and improving company profits
Faced paced with great co-workers
Management Trainee (Current Employee), Wexford, PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: bonus structures
Cons: no breaks
This job has taught me many different things, most importantly the ability to multitask. An average day ranges from scheduling customers, confirming appointments with body shops, talking to insurance companies, and doing rentals. It is a faced paced and demanding job. Really enjoy my co-workers all good hardworking people looking to advance in the business – more... world. The worst part of the job is the long hours with what feels like little recognition from upper management. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos