The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Low employee environment that is easy to work and stress free.
Transporter (Former Employee), Duluth, GaSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: very flexible schedule
Cons: no promotional opportunities without a college degree.
You won't work with a lot of people on a given day, it is stress free if you are looking to move at your own pace at work.
its okay
Branch Manager Trainee (Current Employee), FloridaSeptember 26, 2014
I was recruited through college and it was promised starting out I would make 32,000 including bonuses and incentives. as management trainee I only make 20,000 (10.14/hr) 50hrs a week OT 1.5. the amount of stress a person deal with at an hle is not worth it if hertz would up the pay it would be worth it especially since enterprise just raised their – more... management trainee positions to 14.xx . however the people are good but before they werent doing promotions "the correct way" so people that are branch managers in my opinion should not be – less
Demanding atmosphere and fun people to work with
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Flowood, MSSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: bonus opportunities, great benefits, fun people
Cons: short lunches
In order to work at a Hertz Branch office you must be energetic, enjoy meeting people from all walks of life,and have a drive to succeed in order to be able to meet goals. Also, do not leave your track shoes at home, Hertz branches are demanding.
Good job, Great flexibilty
VSA (Current Employee), Pittsburgh Internatianl AirportSeptember 26, 2014
A typical day at work involves working outside. I have learned much about cars that I typically had not expected to. The most enjoyable part of my job is services this latest models of vehicles.
Not at all as advertised. Poor customer service and poor employee treatment.
Counter Sales Representative (Current Employee), Tampa International AirportSeptember 26, 2014
You are lucky to have the rental car you reserved. Unfortunately I am the messenger of bad news way too many times and sometimes there is no vehicle at all, let alone the one you wanted.
Great Colleagues to work with
Location Manager (Current Employee), Greenwich Village, NYSeptember 24, 2014
• Assist Customer Sales Representatives with conducting calls, emails, faxes, group rentals, processing voids, payments, and in preparation for Platinum tier members.
• Attend daily conference calls with Manhattan operations team to discuss increases in Net Promoter Score, Service Revenue, Specials needed to accommodate upcoming clients, and encouraging – more... vehicle accuracy.
• Submit Shift Summary Reports, Inventory, and Reservation Manifest using Hertz program and Intranet applications to determine the needs of Manhattan Hertz locations, reviewing the returns and rentals on a daily basis for distribution and fellow city operations team.
• One on one coaching sessions with Customer Services representatives conducted 3 times weekly, to improve Net Promoter Score and Customer Satisfaction.
• Arrange appointments for customers in rent to buy program and with third party insurance claims. – less
A Merger that should have NOT happened!
Express Rental Agent (Current Employee), Boston, MaSeptember 23, 2014
It was an enjoyable job. but then the merger happened and we were a car rental company without cars
Great for starting, horrible management
Branch Manager (Former Employee), North Salt Lake, UTSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: long hours, bad middle management, bonus performance is a joke
There is a lot of incentive at the start of working for hertz, but the VERY long hours and lack of compensation are very apparent. You are thrown into the deep end and there is training that is provided but at most locations you will not have time to actually study. Most locations I worked with were criminally understaffed and overworked. Never take – more... the leap to being a manager either. Middle and upper management cares more about having all day meetings than actually running the offices. Bonus structure is horrible and often not paid for months afterwards – less
Busy, Diversified
Counter Representative & Sales, Vehicle Sevice (Former Employee), FloridaSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free disney pass
Cons: layoffs
Airports are fun to work in, different customers coming in and a few locals. Hertz has a lot of locations. I started in Illinois it felt like a family, franchises are fun but corporate is different . Opportunity to work in different states and different positions. Best part of my job was the Manager we had at my latest location before the merger with – more... Dollar. She always worked her butt off making place run smooth always helping us out when things were crazy. The hardest part of the job was the merger that caused my location to close down .The new manager they brought in to replace her that KNEW NOTHING about our location. The location went straight down hill from there. Then layoffs hit ! VERY Sad I really loved the place before merger : ( – less
A big agency!
Employee (Former Employee), Cagliari, SARSeptember 19, 2014
Hertz is knewed in all the world! For that was a big pleasure for me to work with this company. My main responsability was make contracts for the customs and give them the card that they rented. My manager was super cool, with him i can talk very easy and he undestand my problems. I liked very much work for that company!

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos