The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and sub when on site
Cons: long shutdowns lesser home life
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Competetive and challenging work enviornment. Loved it!
Business Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the people i worked with.
Cons: travel.
Recruited to start business to business division from ground up.
Started team from 0 to 15 professional sales reps.
Interviewed, hired, and trained on all policies and procedures.
Developed sales strategies for each rep and their prospective region.
Very challenging to start from scratch in a very competitive industry.
Loved seeing the reps flourish – more... and grow their career for themselves and their families. – less
Was a fun working environment, laid back most of the time making reservations for a car rental place.
Reservationist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2014
Pros: the job itself was great, great healthcare, great supervisor, etc.
Cons: the hours were not perfect and often conflicted with my school schedule, etc.
Plan routes, itineraries, and accomodation details, and compute fares and fees, using schedules, rate books and computer. Prepare invoices and accept payments. Make and cofirm reservations for transportation using faxes, mail, computer, and telephone.
The company do not care about their 3rd rate employee's
Transporter (Current Employee), Greenville, SCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: not really no pros
Cons: everything
The managements their is lazy they put their job duties off on part time workers so they don't have to do nothing but play on their phones and sit around.I'm in Transportions my job duties is to drive vehicles that's it making 7.25 an hr.......Managers duties is to clean cars (wash, vacuum, and clean the windows ), inspect the vehicles, gas the cars – more... up, pick up and drop off customers to their homes,employment,or body shops and doing bank runs making 11.00 an hr. THEY DO NOT DO ANY OF THAT, THEY HAVE THE TRANSPORTERS TO DO THEM FOR THEM......Now i have worked for the company for 1 year and 6 months no raises but working 36-40 hours a week I asked the HR department about health care now they cut my hours down to 20 hrs a week...... JUST NOT RIGHT!!!!! – less
Great place to gain management skills
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Westchester, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: test out different cars
Cons: pay could be better
Typical day at work: Your task is never going to be the same everyday. One day you could be on prep, another day you could be doing paperwork or answering phone calls.

What I've learned: I've improved on multi-tasking, organizing, and communicating with employees and customers

Management: We have our quarterly meetings and have group activities to – more... show team work, what areas we need improvement on and how we can help me other to improve our customer experience.

Difficult Part of the job: working with employees that are not motivated enough

Enjoyed working with new employees, new and upcoming locations and having the perk to drive around different cars – less
fun workplace
Ers (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityOctober 28, 2014
Pros: paid time off
Cons: 15 mins break
It was a good job wish i could have stay there with my career. it has nice people that is willing to help. It a lot opportunity to move up in the company.
Good Company, Great Coworkers, Bad work/life
Sales And Service Associate (Former Employee), MichiganOctober 27, 2014
Summary sums it up. the people are great so are the customers. I feel as though inventory could be better (more cars) it seems like you're constantly trying to not run out of cars.
Nice work place.
vsa (Former Employee), sanford,flOctober 27, 2014
Loved everything about it.Clean and polish vehicle windows.
Scrub, scrape, or spray machine parts, equipment, or vehicles, using scrapers, brushes, clothes, cleaners, disinfectants, insecticides, acid, abrasives, vacuums, or hoses.
Apply paints, dyes, polishes, reconditioners, waxes, or masking materials to vehicles to preserve, protect, or restore – more... color or condition.
Inspect parts, equipment, or vehicles for cleanliness, damage, and compliance with standards or regulations.
Maintain inventories of supplies.
Press buttons to activate cleaning equipment or machines.
Monitor operation of cleaning machines and stop machines or notify supervisors when malfunctions occur.
Mix cleaning solutions, abrasive compositions, or other compounds, according to formulas.
Turn valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
Rinse objects and place them on drying racks or use cloth, squeegees, or air compressors to dry surfaces. – less
False Advertisement
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Revere, MAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: a paycheck is a paycheck
Cons: long hours, nepotism, not enough staffing
Although i was hired as Management Trainee i was no such thing. The Hertz Corporation uses the title to lure in candidates search for career advancement. It is a tainted an corrupted structure. Moving forward is 110% who you brown nose. There is no learning structure. These positions are customer service positions thought upper management will lead – more... you to believe they are sales. Mandatory 50-55 hour work weeks are nothing to look forward too. Office moral is typically low due to lack of staffing. The glitz and glamour is all a sham with this company. apply at your own risk. Please remember i tried to warn you. – less
This was a seasonal job I did in the winter for several years.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gunnison, COOctober 24, 2014
I would open in the mornings and get everything situated for the days rentals so I knew what times and places we had reservations, then I would go out the the garage and wash and detail cars while waiting on flights and reservations. I learned a lot about customer service and meeting different peoples needs and requests by talking to them about there – more... plans while having a rental car like where they were traveling how much luggage how many people what type of equipment they had as far as skis, snowboards, golf bags ect. in order to give them the proper vehicle to ensure a worry free experience on their trip as far as the rental car goes that is. The staff was small just me my manager and one other employee we all worked together great. The most enjoyable part of the job was not always being at the counter being able to go out and wash cars throughout the day. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos