The Hertz Corporation Employee Review

View all The Hertz Corporation reviews

Great experience, and a perfect way to interact with different cultures.
Lead Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA1 June 2012
My job was to rent cars to business associates, locals, and tourists. I worked for a smaller office, so we didn't have the same perks as some offices located within the city. Besides renting cars, we sometimes had to pick up cars from other locations, put gas in the cars, and wash them as well. I dealt with guests who spoke and understood very little English, placing reservations for our local office as well as other desired locations, and any discrepancies regarding billing. There were only a few people that worked at this branch, so we all were able to work together. We were very close and were able to connect with each other both inside and outside of the workplace. The hardest part of the job were days when we weren't provided with the right cars for the reservations expected. It was hard to explain to people who prepaid and reserved cars months in advance that their car hasn't arrived yet, or the company couldn't provide it. The best part of the job, I believe, was meeting so many people from different states and countries, and finding out there are a lot of similarities between our cultures.

Other The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Good company for the most part.
Outside Territory Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2017
Poorly managed in Canada...Your really have to question the Standards that are in place by Upper Management.
Some people are in positions that they are not really qualified to be in.
They are in them by the wrong reasons.
Pros
Branch Manger is great
Cons
Upper Management are under Qualified
Great enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON29 October 2017
Great people, great environment. The lessons you get from this place are beneficial when getting to know the business. Id recommend for anyone learning the service industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Hertz Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.