The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst training ( none)
csr (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: typical corporation greed and staff are just numbers
left on my own to do web training which was of course all about Hertz regimented archaic ways . All based around money , service and hertz hertz hertz !

I was then told I was taking too long for Training .....no pressure lol. Overheard staff criticizing me ....overall a very bad experience and extreamly expensive waste of time for me.

Some stAff were – more... ok but in general clickey ....and how some are still there with there customer service ..... Wow – less
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and sub when on site
Cons: long shutdowns lesser home life
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Great experience
Sales/Business Development (Former Employee), Muncie, INDecember 20, 2014
Pros: team environment. managers get company vehicle and fuel is paid.
Cons: no work/life balance. lack of upper management support.
Manager at the Muncie Hertz Location.
-Focus on customer sales (insurance, up-sell vehicles, Fuel)
-Manage employees (Manager-in-Training and car transporters)
-Open/close branch
-Make all necessary monetary deposits
-Account Management
-Time-management
-Vehicle utilization management
-Performed outside sales calls (started 2 agencies while I was there. – more... My branch was the only one in the state of Indiana with 2 agencies)
-Managed agencies and make sure all reservations were met
-Fleet Management

-I learned a great deal about sales, business management, time-management, and customer service.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of seeing your employees succeed. Making sales was very enjoyable, as well as satisfying. – less
Don't bother working here
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Danbury, CTDecember 19, 2014
Pros: car
Cons: hours, healthcare cost, culture, leadership, training, complete lack of recognition
Loooong hours...poor pay. Benefits are decent but the culture will burn one out...they hope to get a few years out of you before they move you out. The HR people promise the world...they churn employees like nothing...always a fresh batch willing to endure. Company is run poorly...inept managers....real lack of leadership and zero Corporate vision
Too much hard work for a low wage
Management Trainee/Management Assistant (Current Employee), NJDecember 18, 2014
Pros: my branch manager, health benefits
Cons: hours, working conditions, cleaning disgusting vehicles all the time, unreal expectations of selling, depleted fleet, bad area management, lack of proper staffing.
This corporation is very hard to work for, they consistently shoot themselves in the leg by making up lies that we have all these cars when we're always scrambling for cars. So be prepared to deal with customers who are typically in a bad mood when they show up and there's no car available for them. This job requires a ton of hours, but you may have – more... some downtime to sit down and apply for other jobs like myself. The area manager has been next to useless and has watched me struggle firsthand with the computer system and practically refuses to help me. His "I don't care attitude" is horrible, and hurts my branch managers location. The conditions are just not worth the low pay, if you have allergies like myself you should avoid this place. I constantly have been getting sinus infections and have also been getting sick as well, this place doesn't care about their employees. They push you to sell gas, better models, and insurance. Here's what they don't tell you: there's no time to fill cars up, so the gas levels are usually extremely low; the better/higher end models are usually never on the lot because you will be always scrambling for vehicles. And also the insurance part of selling is nearly impossible because most of the customers are mad when they come in because you're making them wait. Everything is last minute here, which is so unprofessional but they obviously do not care enough to fix up this company. The car fleet is always at a minimal level, I usually have to turn down a ton of business per day. Fortunately I'm quitting this job very soon, because I want my life back. I don't have any energy for life itself, I used to be in better shape. Now I'm just run down in my early 20's in nearly 3 months of working here. Oddly enough this corporation is promoting a weightloss program, but who has the time when your day is 10.5 hours on average. Avoid this place unless you have low standards, then this is for you. My manager is great guy too so I feel bad for quitting but at the same time I need my life back. – less
Was hoping for more
Branch Manager in Training (Current Employee), baton rouge, laDecember 18, 2014
Unfortunately, Hertz has not been everything that it seemed it would be. The advancement structure is in place but is not adhered too. Customers can also prove to be difficult and the lack of employees has been cumbersome at times as well. I did enjoy my co-workers and there were some great times but they were few and far between.
Fast paced work environment
Branch Manager Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 17, 2014
Long hours, fast paced and the opportunity to make sells and earn some commission. Need to take care of their employees better
Productive place for hands on training and learning how to run your own business
Managers Associate (Current Employee), Norristown, PaDecember 17, 2014
• Cleans and services site facilities to ensure professional appearance and positive customer service.
• Ensure vehicle has no visible external dirt, inside is vacuumed and no trash from previous occupants, seats are clean of debris and stains, and fuel tank is full.
• Supports achievement of location sales and margin goals by working closely with Location – more... Manager on assigned tasks and develops management skills to qualify for promotion to the next level by successfully meeting daily challenges with hands-on experience. – less
A good company
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Clayton, NcDecember 16, 2014
The company is great, however there is a severe lack in organization within the Raleigh 'pool'. The company offers great benefits and has more positives than negatives in my opinion.

They do care about their employees' and they offer incentives and rewards and recognition.

This is a company where it is easy to progress and grow with ample knowledge – more... within the company. – less
fast pace work
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 15, 2014
Pros: free car and gas
Cons: understaffed
hard work will take you to the top. You have to be able to sell to work for Hertz... If you can not sell you shouldn't apply

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos