The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

Easy and fun to work
Tripper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2016
Too many things to say, but I am not a part of management, so its none of my business. As a tripper, I drive clean cars from distribution to airport and bring back the dirty ones to distribution. It is an easy job and fun to work.
Pros
Fun to work, easy, low stress, drive new cars
Cons
poor wages, no health benifits
Bad Management, Lazy Employees
Tripper (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON8 September 2016
Worked here for couple of months and must say a real bad place to work.
Some Managers/Supervisor favour own kind of people, while their are some work well but get taken advantage of.

Office is a mess all the time.....and oh don't mention of the washroom

When I was there one of my colleague a girl was harassed and when went to Management they did not seem to care!!!!

Pay and Union is a joke!!!!
Beware of high turnover rate as well!
Pros
Cons
Lots read above.....more to list!!!
Fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 June 2016
Long hours, on call 24/7, great co-workers, met a lot of new people, learned about a lot of different cultures.The job didn't give me much time with my family.
Pros
great people
Cons
High quality performance to produce outstanding results
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON11 April 2016
Supporting achievement of location sales and margin goals
Ensuring positive customer experience, making Hertz #1 in car rental company experience
Achieving individual sales goals and customer service goals
Growing sales utilizing business-to-business sales tactics
Upholding company standards by ensuring cars are presentable to customers
Clean and service facilities/vehicles to ensure customer satisfaction
I am responsible for managing a unionized and/or non-unionized workforce
delivering quality customer service,
increasing sales and revenue,
scheduling adequate staff coverage,
handling customer issues and requests, and training new personnel. Scheduling and payroll on a weekly bases.
Pros
A lot of responsibilities, Good training programs
Cons
Great company even better employees
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 April 2016
I couldn't ask for better management and employees. I was responsible for dealing with customer sales, customer rejections and signing new prospects. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the slow winter months. I am a person who needs to stay focused and busy year round, which unfortunately led to me leaving the company. I enjoyed the new challenges presented daily, as no two days were the same. Creative thinking is a must, as no two customer issues were ever the same. Very positive experience.
Pros
Meeting new people, facing new challenges
Cons
Very slow winter months, comparable to being laid off
voted 4th worst company in North America to work for
car jockey (Former Employee) –  pearson airport8 August 2016
no benefits, extremely low pay which increases each year by pennies.
staff is slow and in some cases can barely speak English
hard workers get punished for small mistakes.
Pros
close to airport
Cons
extremely low pay
Secure Job
Customer Service Rep in January 2014 (Current Employee) –  Billy bishop Airpirt5 June 2016
Hertz has provided me with work security and good benefits the 3 years I have been working there. I have no problem with the workplace or how they run things, I have just outgrown the job and am currently looking to get into my field.
Pros
Union job, Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Repetitive, Not challenging
A normal day at work
Vehicle Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC27 October 2016
Typical day at work would be, getting in a car and bringing it to the gas pump, fulling the car with gas, then clean the interior, once finished the interior move on the the exterior and the run it through the car wash and park it and repeat. sometime have to drop and pick up cars at the air-port aka "tripping"
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2016
I learned how to handle tough situations with customers and management and co workers were great. Hardest part of the job was making sure the system did not crash.
some workers,DONT WORK..
Heavy Duty Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  foster creek5 October 2016
Great company to work with BUT some people do not work at all..Some workers bribe boss so they do not have to work and do not follow rules.otherwise if it wasnt for these type of people it was a great place to work.
you were a number and disposable
Rental Manager/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 April 2016
the company has no loyalty to its staff and the employees spend a lot of time in fighting with the management. I cant work in that kind of environment so I left.
Pros
pay was good, hours good
Cons
staff vs management issues, not enough staff to do the job.
Great foundational start to working in Toronto
vsa (Current Employee) –  Lester Pearson international Airport31 August 2016
lots of room to get involved in improving the working environment. This is a good foundation job for new comers to the country.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Unionized
productive.
Tripper moving cars from location to location (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 July 2016
fun place to work.i was very familar empoloyee with the company.i really miss nice co-workers.I volunteerly resigned when i retired.
and it April 5,2013

Now instead of sitting in my apt i would like to work part time.
Great place to develop managerial Skills
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 March 2016
Great place to interact with internal/external customer and to exercise sales and customer service excellency. Great place to exercise business skills learned at University
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Limites career advance
Stay away
Tripper (Former Employee) –  Dorval15 June 2015
This is a horrible place to work. This company is a total joke. The management are a disorganized bunch of clowns and there is no job security, or benefits. You can expect minimum wage. They try to undercut you every chance they get. Morale among employees is non-existant. I dont know how this company hasn't gone belly up with the way its run, and by the people who run it.
Pros
Easy, brainless work
Cons
Low salary, low class people to work with / for, low class company
Interesting
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 March 2016
found management good
learned to always have car insurance
learned how to both open and close
really enjoyed the location an people i worked with
Great Parts Manager
Shipping/Receiving PartsSupport (Former Employee) –  Edmonton1 June 2016
My manager was a great person,
In my position I dealt with the mechanics , ordering and receiving parts from the vendors. As well as arranging shipping of the products.
Most of the time every one was fun to be around
Independent operator
Agency Operator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, On4 September 2012
This was a large company with established proceedures, so you alway knew what the expectaions were, but they were not open suggestions for change.
I worked as an independent agent and ran the Newmarket location. Since I was not part of the corporate grid, my experience with management was limited to district supervisors. My position was a fairly recent concept to Hertz and they had some difficulty in balancing the needs of an independent agent, and that of corporate culture. I hired and supervised my own staff.
Pros
running my own business, with little investment
Cons
long hours, management indifference
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PE11 October 2015
They are a great company to work for once you get to upper management. Starting out at the bottom will make you earn your stripes at this company. It's well worth it once you make it to upper management.
Pros
free lunches
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee) –  EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)25 March 2013
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace.
Pros
monthly pizza
Cons
long hours, negative environment