The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
A big agency!
Employee (Former Employee), Cagliari, SARSeptember 19, 2014
Hertz is knewed in all the world! For that was a big pleasure for me to work with this company. My main responsability was make contracts for the customs and give them the card that they rented. My manager was super cool, with him i can talk very easy and he undestand my problems. I liked very much work for that company!
Working from home was a plus in the beginning-you get cabin fever after a while
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Mobile, ALSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: helping the customers.
Cons: working from home was no longer fun.
A typical Day at Hertz was all about utilizing Excellent Customer service. Hertz Customers were looking for the best vehicle at the best rate to accommodate their travel needs.

I learned that the customer is always first and they deserve to be treated in a respectful way.

Multitasking on my computer was a big part of my job also. I learned a lot working – more... there. I actually learned a lot about the United States and the different personalities of each region of this country. It was a lot of fun. – less
The job sucks but its a good resume builder
Assistant Branch Manager/Manager Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: learn a lot about selling, resume builder, get to see and drive the latest cars
Cons: never fully staffed, low pay, upper management for the most part sucks, work very long hrs
It's a good resume builder for those who just graduated college. Other than that it sucks. There is never enough associates, so you have to work twice as hard, which is not a problem but when you don't have any cars to do rentals. It freaking sucks. It like your getting yelled at all day by people. It just hard to do you job to the best of you ability – more... when you don't have the bare necessity(cars) to do you job. On top of that you really do not get paid good money – less
Hertz
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: long lines
Cons: fun perks
Learned lots
Rewarding company most of the time
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Lynbrook, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: competitive environment with advancement
Cons: long hours, a lot of customer issues
Great job to learn sales, customer service and management skills. hardest part of the job is dealing with multiple customer issues every day.
Hertz
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Snellville, GASeptember 15, 2014
A typical work required the manager and employees washing and vacuuming cars, while trying to rent the cars as well. The company cut expenses by having the managers and employees do the work of a wash tech while wearing dress clothes. The location was not a very safe location. The staff and customers was the most enjoyable experience.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Swords, DublinSeptember 14, 2014
I learnt a lot of things day after day.
After more than 6 years in Hertz I worked many jobs such as call center agent, credit controller, collector and coordinator.
Disgraceful
Branch Manager-Trainee (Former Employee), Mission Viejo, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: learned to love any job after this one
Cons: i can go on....
Stuck drying cars with napkins, basic humans needs not available such as toilet paper and paper towels, I brought my own. Another new employee and myself were stuck running the entire branch. We coordinated reservations with vehicles that were a to struggle to find and often had to ask other branches for vehicles. I now understand why they were hiring – more... for the position, this location was found in Southern California. – less
Team Player
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Enfield, CTSeptember 8, 2014
Exceptionally detailed, organized, and goal-driven professional with experience in claims administration and regulatory compliance, coupled with superior communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate strong ability to adapt with technology and workflows, as well as proficiency in working in a fast-paced environment.
Company has a lot of potential
Branch Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: honestly, just the potential commission
Cons: lack of personal life and pay increase.
The Hertz Corporation is not a bad organization to work for. Upper management is definitely disconnected and the culture needs to change. This organization is heading in the right direction to catch up to Enterprise, but they need to rectify the high turnover rate immediately. Overall, it is a C- in my book.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos