The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst training ( none)
csr (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: typical corporation greed and staff are just numbers
left on my own to do web training which was of course all about Hertz regimented archaic ways . All based around money , service and hertz hertz hertz !

I was then told I was taking too long for Training .....no pressure lol. Overheard staff criticizing me ....overall a very bad experience and extreamly expensive waste of time for me.

Some stAff were – more... ok but in general clickey ....and how some are still there with there customer service ..... Wow – less
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and sub when on site
Cons: long shutdowns lesser home life
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Productive and energetic environment to work
Domestic Sales Agent (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2014
A typical day working for Hertz had a sense of togetherness and most people on my team had a "can do" attitude. I learned how to show sympathy towards the customers who need help and felt defeated. I had really awesome coworkers that I worked well with. The hardest part of the job was not having long enough breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job – more... would absolutely be helping the customers. – less
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 20, 2014
Good atmosphere. Great team work between departments. Enjoyed being there.
A company in need of better hands on involvement from upper level management at the cooperate level for lower level employees
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 19, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: understaffed, better pay, upper management that really cares about its lower level employees
Working at the airport a very high volume location,i learned a lot about people their wants and needs,lots new changes in management,coworkers not as happy in a understaffed work place, there was a lot of forced overtime,the hardest part of my job was not being able to deliver a product in a timely manner due to overbooking and keeping customers happy – more... due this weekly process,the most enjoyable part of my job was to see customers leave satisfied,happy with a smile on their face. – less
Wasn't for me
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, discount on vehicles, and opportunity for advancement
Cons: long hours ( have kids ), no fleet, accounts with too much control
I can only give my personal experience of my short time with Hertz, and it was a roller coaster. The benefits and pay were good for a entry position, the upper level management were great. But the day to day was very challenging for me. It was a sink or swim type experience, and I did sink. I felt that I wasn't given the time to really learn properly, – more... because I was told frequently that I was doing something wrong. The hotels I worked in were very demanding and only really liked working with upper management, so asking for anything was a challenge, especially with the Gaylord Palms. Working alone with limited resources or help wasn't ideal either. The logistics and communication between departments/managers were horrible; you got a different story on an hourly basis. I think the communication break down was due to the lack of vehicles and the branches looking out for themselves instead of the customer. Constantly having to apologize for not having a vehicle on property due to bad lead times, no real fleet and the yes mentality, was a struggle for me. – less
Good starting job, great for car people
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 19, 2014
Pros: you get to drive all their rental cars, and work with no micro management
Cons: little pay, many responsabilities.
If you love driving cars, and don't mind cleaning them inside every time you get one returned, then this is the job for you. Expect to work from 50-60 hours per week if you want to see a decent pay check.
Account Rep
Account Representative (Current Employee), webster nyNovember 18, 2014
• Business to business sales
• Cold calling
• Account management
• Building and maintaining relationships daily
This was perhaps my all time best job.
Station Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: great working conditions, and wonderful people and co-workers.
Cons: the company lets the upper managers have free reign.
I hired in at the Hertz office at the DFW airport as a Bus Driver. After only a few months, I was asked by my Manager if I would be interested in a management position. I was, and almost immediately interviewed for Her job. I had no idea that she was transferring, and the job that I was applying for was hers. But I was Promoted, and as such given the – more... many challenging tasks of Bus Manager.
On a daily basis I supervised as many as 12 drivers on a shift, with a full roster of 30 drivers, 2 attendants (The guys that cleaned the busses) and 3 Bus Mechanics. Everyday, I spoke with the Lead Mechanic to get the Status of all 18 busses in the Fleet. This information was placed into a report that I forwarded to the City Manager, my direct Supervisor.
Then I monitored the Drivers via Radio, and other methods such as riding the busses. I consulted the Rental/Reservations people to get an idea of how the traffic demands for the day would dictate my Driver's Route assignments.
Often I gave Special treatment to Customers with Special needs or circumstances. By doing this, I vastly helped the Public Relations of the Company. I also met many wonderful people and was able to give them some extra benefits not supplied by our Competition.
I was also in charge of time cards/payroll, schedules and training for drivers,and supervision of day to day operations of the Bus System and it's operatives. I interviewed would-be new hires, hired/fired Drivers and set new Standards for what a Driver for Hertz Rent-A-Car was.
I had a great benefits package, that included a new car to drive, everyday. I had many great benefits that were until that time, unknown to me.
I met many Celebrities for example, and got to visit "One on One" with several Famous people, while insuring their experience in Dallas, Texas and Hertz Rent-A-Car in particular was a Positive one. – less
Fun place to work
SSA (Current Employee), Reno-Stead, NVNovember 13, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: not enough cars, lack of mangement
Good place to start as a maging skills, fun people to work with, safe and clean atmosphere, good benefits, fast pace, innovating company, always channing

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos