The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
productive and fun workplace
Chauffeur (Former Employee), Makati. PhilippinesApril 13, 2013
a convenient workplace wherein you cam interact with your boss and colleagues. I have learned a lot from my previous job as well as learned some new places by going to those places when my passengers directed me to go to. Hardest part is when I almost went home so late and have to wake up early for another busy day.
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Great workplace
Loyalty Specialist (Current Employee), Mobile, AlApril 17, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: pay
Great workplace with an even greater management staff. I would recommend this job to all friends and family.
Great place to work and grow
Area Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 17, 2014
Pros: every day is different than the one before.
Cons: hours can be a little long
Hertz is an amazing place to start a career. Not only do they give you the experience that many employers are hesitant to provide, but they also provide an environment where advancement is easily achieved and extremely encouraged.
if you don't want a life then apply
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: free labors
Cons: no breaks, almost no lunch, low paid, long hours
Wash car, rental service, get yelled by customer, find cars, calm down customer because we have no cars to give them, low paid $12/hr and will be working from 7am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm on Saturday, management lies to you about your promotion, handling stresses from managements and customers and insurances company and auto body shops. – more... Good luck to those who is going to apply for this company. – less
work environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Boca Raton FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: lots of travelling
Cons: change of compensation
There was never a typical work day at Hertz as they were spent either in the office, at the satellite location, or on the road. I learned a lot about P&L's while working with some hard working entertaining people. The hardest part of the job was the long hours but the bonuses made it all more enjoyable.
Hertz
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: no breaks, seasonal union fees
Managing the biggest location of rentals is no joke. Days were typical to any Chicagoan, but compared to an tourist the weather could range from: good, horrible, and gloomy. I learned to compromise with the working conditions to provide great customer service. The VSA crew took the fleet by the horns many of times. Although, there were many days when – more... the projected returns were unsure. What i enjoyed most about the job is the flexibility, self- management, crew members, and the natural aspects of weather. – less
Company places strong emphasis in employees taking personal time for family. No interruptions when on vacation with work related calls...NICE!
Engineer (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2014
Pros: family / work balance. team environment.
Cons: healthcare is expensive, not always kept in the loop with project information needed to perform duties.
Mainly 8-5 MF.
Strong team emphasis.
Management is friendly.
Great coworkers.
Call out is at a minimum.
Excellent company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: bonus, company car, lots of opportunity
Cons: .
Hertz has provided me the opportunity to grow and develop as a manager. Management is very supportive and wants you to be successful.
Hertz is Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Area Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: car, pay, promotions
Cons: .
I have enjoyed my time with Hertz the oppurtunity for promotion is there. If you do a good job you will get promoted. Hertz also will pay for performance. I have enjoyed my time with hertz it has given my alot of opputunites and I have learned a lot.
Great opportunity for young professionals to start a career!
Area Manager (Current Employee), Frederick, MDApril 15, 2014
Pros: no experience required is great for recent college grads, compensation depends on you and how hard you work.
Cons: what you put in is what you get out. so for those who put the effort in, the hours are long.
Hertz offers several career paths with the most lucrative being in sales and operation management. Hertz will push you to develop your sales and management skills while creating a fun and fast paced work environment. No two days are ever the same!
CSR, Hertz.
CSR (Current Employee), CornwallApril 15, 2014
Pros: nice clean cars to drive
Cons: long unpaid hours, angry customers who thought they booked a car we dont have.
The most disorganised company I have ever worked for! I signed a contract stating I work mon-fri 9-5.30 and every other sat 9-12, but after my first week because of staff shortages they want me to work more for no pay. The area of the UK I work in only have a limited number of cars, I spend most my day I collecting from other branches for customers – more... who get over promissed. The customer service team in Ireland couldn't care less if you dont have the group of cars a customer books, they book it anf dont tell the customer leaving us to face the angry customer. I'm on a salaried wage for a 40 hr week, but constantly do over 45 hours which works out around £5.80 an hour. Its fun driving nice clean cars but, only work for Hertz as a stop gap while looking for something better. – less
Great company to grow with
Area Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 15, 2014
Pros: upward mobility, coworker cooperation, bonuses
Cons: long hours
Hard working fast paced enviroment where if you are driven you can move up extremely fast. Promotinos are based on performance not tenure

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

If you've ever said, "Don't worry about it, it's just a rental," guess who hurts: Hertz, a world leader in car rental. On its – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos