The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and sub when on site
Cons: long shutdowns lesser home life
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
heavy fleet management
Utility Mechanic (Former Employee), houstonOctober 18, 2014
Pros: three days off of week
Cons: long work hours
a variety of automotive installations including changing oil, preventive maintenance, tire installation and minor parts installation.
Great Corporation
Management Associate (Current Employee), Hilo, HIOctober 15, 2014
If you work hard and dedicate yourself to this company, you will always improve and always move up in the company. Hard part is if you are willing to relocate and the pay is okay. I learned a lot, and am still learning. Employees are great and always fun to work with.
Fun place to work
Transporter (Former Employee), Temple Hills, MDOctober 14, 2014
Not a hard job at all. Simple rules for a simple position. Typical day was just getting an assignment and finishing it, Management was cool and very flexible. Best part was driving the different cars.
Able to travel all around GA and Company car
Area / Regional Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: company car, employees
Cons: nothing different from other sales and customer service jobs
Every day is different. I like the employees I work with as well.
Transporter (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEOctober 13, 2014
bad work environment/every employee for there self. No teamwork nor equal treatment.
Productive work space for driven individuals
Manager Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2014
Sales performances based
Communicate with new and existing clients
Market to new businesses
Multi-task at a high volume
great atmosphere to work
Senior Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: given a company car
Cons: people who do not respect you
Began each day with doing inventory of cars on the airport premises. Managed employees on my shift. Making sure employees were in proper uniform and conducted themselves in a professional manner. Treat employees and upper Management with respect. Handle many customer complaints. Held meetings with employees. Processed daily deposits. Hardest part of – more... day was an irate customer. Most enjoyable pleasing the customer. I learned working with the public you must have patience, extremely important. Try to always turn a bad situation into a pleasant experience. – less
FUN
Driver/Auto Detailer (Former Employee), Cockeysville, MDOctober 9, 2014
COOL PLACE TO WORK, MEET DIFFERENT PEOPLE ALL THE TIME AND THE PAY IS ALRIGHT
great place to work
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLOctober 7, 2014
I recommend anyone who likes personal interaction and test driving some of the most beautiful cars in the world to apply at this job!
Fun and exciting place to work
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Folcroft, PAOctober 7, 2014
A typical work day allowed you to various people and develop rapport with individuals who frequently visited the facility. The business was salary + commission based on performance, and was easily attainable. At times, you may have been left to run a facility by yourself, and depending on our location that may have been a hassle, but for the most part – more... the atmosphere was very peaceful (even around the holidays) and there was much room for growth. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos