The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Team Player
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Enfield, CTSeptember 8, 2014
Exceptionally detailed, organized, and goal-driven professional with experience in claims administration and regulatory compliance, coupled with superior communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrate strong ability to adapt with technology and workflows, as well as proficiency in working in a fast-paced environment.
Company has a lot of potential
Branch Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: honestly, just the potential commission
Cons: lack of personal life and pay increase.
The Hertz Corporation is not a bad organization to work for. Upper management is definitely disconnected and the culture needs to change. This organization is heading in the right direction to catch up to Enterprise, but they need to rectify the high turnover rate immediately. Overall, it is a C- in my book.
Very team oriented, poor starting pay
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Marlboro, MASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: team environment, good management experience
Cons: long hours, poor pay
Company fosters a very team oriented environment, promoting from within only. Poor starting pay, and very long hours. Good management experience
Worse Job that I ever had.
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime.
Cons: too much overtime, low pay, not being aware of employee satisfaction, high turn over rate
I enjoyed the people that I worked with, but the company has the worse business structure that I have ever seen in all my years of working. They express to you to rent cars but, don't provide the cars for you to be able to say yes. You try to get help to get cars and they tell you that they are on the way, but don't receive cars until hours later. If – more... you are not part of an airport location you are stuck renting cars with high mileage and stains that are all over the cars. They tell you to get cars detailed but you have a limit on how much money you can spend on the cars getting detailed and then realize the limit cap barely covers the car getting wash. The make promises to different accounts that they have gain and expect the counter employees to carry on with their promises when we don't have the tools to do so. The turn over rate is so high that everyone is working 50+ hours a week and being told that they can't take time off yet because they need to hire more people to accommodate for it. There is no support at all from upper management. Dealing with the stress of the job and going to guidance from a Branch Manager and seeing that they are trying to get the same support as you. Every employee is always tired,stress or broke and are always trying to find something better. – less
Perfect place for starting you career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MalagaSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: fleet problems, unfriendly customers
I've been working in Rental companies for the past two years but Hertz has proved to be the best so far. The working enviroment is great, as well as the organisation and the training they provide you before you start. Furthermore, it is great for starting your career as you get to learn how to treat customers but you also learn computer skills and car-related – more... stuff. Really glad to get the opportunity of working in this company. – less
Long days, but can pay off
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Very demanding job between cleaning vehicles, sales, dealing with customers, outside sales, and training employees. After a while advancement can become stagnant, although getting to the branch manager level can definitely be reached in under two years.
Great people to work with, close to home, flexible hours.
Transporter (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 3, 2014
Very grateful for the (5) years I've been employed at Hertz.
Public Relations, Customer Service Solutions
IN-HOUSE ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CASeptember 2, 2014
Work as a liaison between Hertz and AAA Auto club. Resolve service issues and work closely with the adjusters in order to minimize Rental work load for adjuster's. Work with a team, excited to look for any challenging opportunity available.
Terrible management structure and the zero accountability
Manager Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great employee discount on rentals
Cons: poor management and terrible bonus structure
A typical day starts at 6:30 and ends at 17:00 with 1 hour for lunch. Management ignores the fact that the company is understaffed yet complains abut overtime.

There absolutely no accountability from upper management and the supposed open door policy will only get you fired since have an issue that management doesn't care about.

And if you achieve – more... higher than your target, management will raise your target so you have to work harder to reach the same goal and get paid less. – less
Learning Experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: advancement/self development
Cons: no work/life balance
IT is a rewarding place to work but it does not allow for life/work balance
Has been good to me
Analyst (Current Employee), Park Ridge, NJAugust 31, 2014
Depends on the department. My department has been good to me, but I see what happens in other departments and I would not want to be in them.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos