The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst training ( none)
csr (Former Employee), VancouverNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: typical corporation greed and staff are just numbers
left on my own to do web training which was of course all about Hertz regimented archaic ways . All based around money , service and hertz hertz hertz !

I was then told I was taking too long for Training .....no pressure lol. Overheard staff criticizing me ....overall a very bad experience and extreamly expensive waste of time for me.

Some stAff were – more... ok but in general clickey ....and how some are still there with there customer service ..... Wow – less
Great Learning Environment
Yard Worker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and sub when on site
Cons: long shutdowns lesser home life
Hertz is a good place to start out in the industry, they are willing to teach you all you need to know and prepare you for the different type of atmospheres that shutdowns carry.
Very fast paced environment with great people to work with
Distribution Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 30, 2014
Pros: friendly colleagues
Cons: long hours
There is no fixed set of work. Every day is a new day and one have to start fresh. Very challenging work load with numerous objectives adding up every hour. Had to manage a diverse group of 75+ employees, work with them, motivate them and as a result get the best out of them. Had to make rapid decisions by using sound judgement to distribute and allocate – more... rental fleet throughout the city of Calgary according to market conditions. Making the schedule for employees, doing payroll, hiring and firing according to seasonal demands.

I have learned a lot from this position and it has definitely made me a stronger professional. Management was very supportive and contributed to my learning process. Co-workers were fun, encouraging and were always there to make it happen. It was a great team environment and a collaborative effort. – less
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
fast pace work
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 15, 2014
Pros: free car and gas
Cons: understaffed
hard work will take you to the top. You have to be able to sell to work for Hertz... If you can not sell you shouldn't apply
branch manager trainee
Branch Manger Trainee (Current Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 14, 2014
Cons: loong hours, bad pay, poor manegement
Horrible place to work, manegment is horrible no structure to this company, pay is bad, no room for growth in the company they base it all off of sales witch you can't sell protection on a car everyone has insurance already. Hertz is very very unorganized and always runs out of cars. Customers yell at you on the daily for running out of cars even though – more... they had their resavation 3 months in advance I work 730 to 530 every day and I'm not allowed to take a brake longer than 10 mins, there is no work/life balance all you do is work. Hertz is not a good place to work!!! – less
I thought it was a secure job
Reservations/Sales (Current Employee), Mobile, AlDecember 11, 2014
I've worked for Hertz for 2 1/2 years and there has been some very drastic changes over the past few months. The most recent change was earlier this week when the entire domestic sales dept, the dept that answers when u call to check prices, make or change a reservation, or just for general questions, was being transferred to an overseas company and – more... the entire call center in Mobile, Al and OKC will not have their job as of January. They said we can APPLY for jobs in other Dept's but there's no way to place everyone so a lot of us will no longer have jobs. They roadside service dept was transferred to them a couple of months ago. I am very disappointed. I can understand if the company went bankrupt or something but to just give our jobs to someone else for cheaper pay, I'm talking 1,000s of people just isn't right. Honestly I don't know if I even want to apply for another department. That trust is gone and I don't want to work for a company that does things like this. – less
hard work
vehicle service attendant .Full time (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2014
this company need free person to work up to 16 hours every day especially in the busy season. the work environment is busy all time and the managers try to push the workers all time to attend the work.
Productive and fun workplace with new cars to drive everyday
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CADecember 9, 2014
Pros: drive new cars, get paid overtime
Cons: required overtime and car washing
The CSR position is fairly predictable when it comes to the duties of the car rental salesman with a couple additions to the requirements. The CSR will be expected to wash cars in their mandatory dress clothes as well as work anywhere between 10-20 hours overtime.

The overtime stacks up pretty easily though, especially while driving to different locations – more... to open/close.

If you are driven by making easy up-sales as ad-on services and don't mind working a moderate amount of overtime then Hertz Car Rentals may be the perfect fit. – less
Great fast pace work environment
Rental Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 8, 2014
Cons: facility needs improvement
Great staff, wonderful management, and good company to grow with.
Hertz
Virtual Sales Representative (Current Employee), AT HOMEDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits and flexability
Cons: need open availablity and no life
Great job and benefits however must have open availability. Shift changes often and hours do not allow you to have a life even with your spouse. If you are single or retired this is defiantly for you.
B-Tech
B-Technician (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 8, 2014
Followed checklists to verify that all important parts were examined. Examined vehicles to
Determine the extent of damage or malfunctions. Specialized in servicing brakes and fuel
systems. Operated pneumatic tools and air compressors. Removed and replaced tires, shocks,
struts and brakes. Organized work records and filed reports. Complied with state – more... vehicle
requirements, including engine safety and combustion control standards. Ordered accurate
amounts of parts and supplies to maintain necessary inventory. Guided mechanics with decisions
concerning repair and replacement of parts. – less
very low paying for the work you would do
Manager In Training (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 7, 2014
this job is good to have but the pay is very low for the work they make you do.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos