The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employee Reviews

High quality performance to produce outstanding results
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONApril 11, 2016
Supporting achievement of location sales and margin goals
Ensuring positive customer experience, making Hertz #1 in car rental company experience
Achieving individual sales goals and customer service goals
Growing sales utilizing business-to-business sales tactics
Upholding company standards by ensuring cars are presentable to customers
Clean and service facilities/vehicles to ensure customer satisfaction
I am responsible for managing a unionized and/or non-unionized workforce
delivering quality customer service,
increasing sales and revenue,
scheduling adequate staff coverage,
handling customer issues and requests, and training new personnel. Scheduling and payroll on a weekly bases.
Pros
A lot of responsibilities, Good training programs
Bad Management, Lazy Employees
Tripper (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONSeptember 8, 2016
Worked here for couple of months and must say a real bad place to work.
Some Managers/Supervisor favour own kind of people, while their are some work well but get taken advantage of.

Office is a mess all the time.....and oh don't mention of the washroom

When I was there one of my colleague a girl was harassed and when went to Management they did not seem to care!!!!

Pay and Union is a joke!!!!
Beware of high turnover rate as well!
Pros
Cons
Lots read above.....more to list!!!
Great company even better employees
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 19, 2016
I couldn't ask for better management and employees. I was responsible for dealing with customer sales, customer rejections and signing new prospects. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the slow winter months. I am a person who needs to stay focused and busy year round, which unfortunately led to me leaving the company. I enjoyed the new challenges presented daily, as no two days were the same. Creative thinking is a must, as no two customer issues were ever the same. Very positive experience.
Pros
Meeting new people, facing new challenges
Cons
Very slow winter months, comparable to being laid off
Stay away
Tripper (Former Employee) –  DorvalJune 15, 2015
This is a horrible place to work. This company is a total joke. The management are a disorganized bunch of clowns and there is no job security, or benefits. You can expect minimum wage. They try to undercut you every chance they get. Morale among employees is non-existant. I dont know how this company hasn't gone belly up with the way its run, and by the people who run it.
Pros
Easy, brainless work
Cons
Low salary, low class people to work with / for, low class company
Easy and fun to work
Tripper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2016
Too many things to say, but I am not a part of management, so its none of my business. As a tripper, I drive clean cars from distribution to airport and bring back the dirty ones to distribution. It is an easy job and fun to work.
Pros
Fun to work, easy, low stress, drive new cars
Cons
poor wages, no health benifits
voted 4th worst company in North America to work for
car jockey (Former Employee) –  pearson airportAugust 8, 2016
no benefits, extremely low pay which increases each year by pennies.
staff is slow and in some cases can barely speak English
hard workers get punished for small mistakes.
Pros
close to airport
Cons
extremely low pay
Secure Job
Customer Service Rep in January 2014 (Current Employee) –  Billy bishop AirpirtJune 5, 2016
Hertz has provided me with work security and good benefits the 3 years I have been working there. I have no problem with the workplace or how they run things, I have just outgrown the job and am currently looking to get into my field.
Pros
Union job, Benefits, Good Pay
Cons
Repetitive, Not challenging
productive.
Tripper moving cars from location to location (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONJuly 13, 2016
fun place to work.i was very familar empoloyee with the company.i really miss nice co-workers.I volunteerly resigned when i retired.
and it April 5,2013

Now instead of sitting in my apt i would like to work part time.
Great place to develop managerial Skills
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ONMarch 22, 2016
Great place to interact with internal/external customer and to exercise sales and customer service excellency. Great place to exercise business skills learned at University
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Limites career advance
Great foundational start to working in Toronto
vsa (Current Employee) –  Lester Pearson international AirportAugust 31, 2016
lots of room to get involved in improving the working environment. This is a good foundation job for new comers to the country.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Unionized
Great Parts Manager
Shipping/Receiving PartsSupport (Former Employee) –  EdmontonJune 1, 2016
My manager was a great person,
In my position I dealt with the mechanics , ordering and receiving parts from the vendors. As well as arranging shipping of the products.
Most of the time every one was fun to be around
A Company that rewarded hard work and positive attitudes
City Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 16, 2014
At Hertz Canada i was able to learn and grow through the Company . I started as a Fleet Control clerk, and finished as the Manager of a large territory and all it's related operations. I learned so much about people , business growth , and financial management , all as a result of working hard , being honest and positive , and always supporting my Superiors , as well as my specific Team.
The hardest part of the job was trying to accomodate customers expectations in over booked situations. The best part of the job was growing personally , and as a manager alongside so many great coworkers.
Pros
fair compensation, company car
Cons
business success limited by limited fleet availability
Fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJune 4, 2016
Long hours, on call 24/7, great co-workers, met a lot of new people, learned about a lot of different cultures.The job didn't give me much time with my family.
Pros
great people
Cons
you were a number and disposable
Rental Manager/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCApril 21, 2016
the company has no loyalty to its staff and the employees spend a lot of time in fighting with the management. I cant work in that kind of environment so I left.
Pros
pay was good, hours good
Cons
staff vs management issues, not enough staff to do the job.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 17, 2015
This is a great place to work. It can be fast paced. You have the opportunity to meet a lot of interesting people depending on the office you are working at. The staff are great!! Managers too. They can be very accommodating when they can. If you can sell coverage on rentals, you have to opportunity to make a decent bonus. The most enjoyable part of working for Hertz would be working with the friendly outgoing staff. Hardest would be trying to deal with an irate customer due to a bill they are not happy with, or the vehicle is not what the expected. I have however learned how to compromise with customers and try to find a middle ground everyone is happy with, before having to bring a manager into the mix. When doing this you gain customer appreciation and possible regular renters, who want to deal with just you!
Pros
Long weekends, they would buy the offices lunch.
Cons
Shift work. Every second weekend having to work.
Interesting
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 17, 2016
found management good
learned to always have car insurance
learned how to both open and close
really enjoyed the location an people i worked with
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Budapest, PEOctober 11, 2015
They are a great company to work for once you get to upper management. Starting out at the bottom will make you earn your stripes at this company. It's well worth it once you make it to upper management.
Pros
free lunches
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
I learned how to handle tough situations with customers and management and co workers were great. Hardest part of the job was making sure the system did not crash.
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee) –  Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS
Pros
still searching
Cons
list way to long
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee) –  EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace.
Pros
monthly pizza
Cons
long hours, negative environment