The Hertz Corporation

The Hertz Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working with Public
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St Laurent, Ottawa, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: dealing with great customers.
Cons: long hours
My typical day is renting vehicle's to customers that need to rent, either for Business, or Casual or their vehicle is getting service.

My Manager has shown me how to run this store, and to deligate to the staff members and do all the reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to drive alot of new and different vehicles on the fleet.

The – more... hardest part of the job is sometimes not having the vehicles when the customers want them. – less
hertz working for them. Just a number, usa company in a canadian market all trying to run the same. EPIC FAILURE
service department (Current Employee), Edmonton EDINovember 18, 2013
Pros: still searching
Cons: list way to long
wage and benefits are par for the industry. Management has no power or back bone all looking out for themselves and managing the numbers to receive bonuses. constantly looking to replace high paid/ experienced staff with high school kids and wondering why staff is getting frustrated.

ANYONE LOOKING TO WORK FOR HERTZ SHOULD LOOK UP THE TEN WORST COMPANIES – more... TO WORK FOR IN NORTH AMERICA . THE ARTICLE SAYS IT ALL, AND IT ONLY GOT WORSE IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS – less
Great employer to have worked for from 3 regional offices
Service Technician (Former Employee), SKNovember 9, 2013
Pros: apartment and food supplied
I worked at a remote mine in Saskatchewan. I was hired by the Regina Office of Hertz Equipment Rental, but reported to the Supreme Steel Superintendant every work-day.
I would attend morning meetings to get a feel for my workload.
I would report my accomplishments to the Supreme Steel Superintendant. Then I would complete Hertz Equipment Field Reports – more... and scan them to Regina for billing purposes. I would also scan my time sheet to Regina.
Hertz Regina was a great place to report to. The employees and management were outgoing and helpful and deliveries were mostly on-time.
Supreme Steel was a great customer and it was rare that we had disagreements.
The best part of the job was the satisfaction of getting things done and providing minimum down-time.
The hardest part was staying warm during the winter months when I had to work outside in a prairie wind. – less
productive and fun workplace
Chauffeur (Former Employee), Makati. PhilippinesApril 13, 2013
a convenient workplace wherein you cam interact with your boss and colleagues. I have learned a lot from my previous job as well as learned some new places by going to those places when my passengers directed me to go to. Hardest part is when I almost went home so late and have to wake up early for another busy day.
Negative workplace,
eBilling Clerk (Former Employee), EDI, Edmonton Alberta (8660 61 street location)March 25, 2013
Pros: monthly pizza
Cons: long hours, negative environment
The work was not hard, but communication is an issue. There is no real sense of job security or comfort, and I found working there to be quite a stress provoker. Hertz withholds a very negative work environment with minimal praise, and little support. I did not appreciate the extents my management went to to prove my disloyalty to the company, and the – more... amount I was questioned on my work load. They will always take customer side, and do not stick together in corporate issues, and it makes for a very untrustworthy environment.

The customer service at the desk (Branch EDI - Desk) were amazing, they made each day a little easier. Seeing them was probably the best part of my day.

I learned how to manage my time effectively, provide customers with statement balances, organize accounts, and collections. I learned how to cope with negative situations in the workplace, and

The hardest part of my job was the lack of support I had in the company when I had an issue or problem with either my work or a customer inquiry that I could not assist with. I believe with strong communication business with thrive, and that is definitely a lacking part of the workplace. – less
excellent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Saint John NBMarch 14, 2013
Great company to work for, wish i was still there , good people to work with
Great group of people to work with.
Mechanic (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 27, 2012
There is nothing to say about this position or company. All was great for the time i was there.
Ok
Small Tools Technician/Heaters (Current Employee), EtobicokeSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: perks
Cons: lack of leadership
A typical day at work is just like every other day. Our management is ok, needs work there. I think I have some solid co-workers and others not so good. The hardest part of our job is trying to do a repair to a piece of equipment with no training.
A
Yard worker (Current Employee), Christina Lake, ABAugust 16, 2012
Start at 6, morning safety meeting. go do my truck inspection and start my route for the day 12 oclock lunch, than continue to finish my route tell 6
A new experience
RENTAL AGENT (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 5, 2012
Pros: interaction, happy people
Cons: angry people, vehicles not available
Preparing paperwork for passengers to rent a vehicle.

Too much paper work.

Management pleasant.

Co-workers friendly.

Annoyed customers

Meeting people
Enjoyable work setting
Flexible Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKJuly 26, 2014
When applying for Hertz i knew it would be different than any job I had previously worked for which I was looking for so i could obtain new skills. I learned the different computer programs and was able to help customers in some cases very hard times of there lives.
My manager was awesome and super supportive and I felt comfortable talking to her and – more... asking her questions. – less
This job afforded me the opportunity to meet people for all walks of life
Gold Choice Representative and Transporter (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 25, 2014
Pros: all gold card represenative are required to wear uniforms.
The hardest part of this job was the schedules during my last year of college.
I really appreciated meeting some of the most interesting influential people traveling to Austin. I meet a Country Western singer and he remembered my name on his second visit.
I was able to help one customer find her remote control 24 hours after turning her car in.
great job
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee), Casper, WYJuly 23, 2014
fun people to work with the pay is good considering you make commission. everyday is new and fun
Fun work enviroment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free gas, and work car
Cons: long hours
Great co-workers with the opportunity to grow within the company.
Established Corporation with Opportunity for Advancement
Former Employee (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: working with a diverse group of coworkers and customers.
Cons: fast paced, stressful environment, could work evenings, weekends, or holidays
I do not have anything negative to say about this company. The company is a great training ground for anyone who wants to be in management in the customer service industry. Even if a person works here and decides to move on, they will take with them many skills to carry on for a lifetime.
40% off all rentals, supervision is minimal
DRIVER (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: benefits, pay, 30 min lunch
Pick what cars are needed for that day to be rented. Learn the classifications of that vehicle and how to prep and clean them. Management is learning to be all on one page so everyone knows what's going on. Most co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part would have to be the weather, could be 110 degrees one day and the next, it can be pouring – more... down rain. The most fun part would have to be driving new vehicles and testing them out first hand. – less
Hertz
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 19, 2014
Fun, fast paced and challenging. Great learning and raining experience for new managers.
Fast work place with lots of customers.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJJuly 17, 2014
Pros: discount car rentals
Cons: short breaks
My day here was very fast. I was always on the move. 9-5pm ,Set days . I worked Exit gate, Returns and gold choice gate. I help many customer , and when there was down time brought the cars to get serviced and fueled.
Fantastic Corporation to Work for
Manager Trainee Intern, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Fairless Hills, PAJuly 17, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Hertz. I found that the company gave advancement opportunity for even those who are not college educated. All staff that I had encountered we incredible and outgoing.
Great Place to work in the Pittsburgh Pa area!
Branch Manager/ Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2014
There are so many great thing to say about this company! It starts with the area manager.. I could not of asked for a better boss! I grew as a person and as a employee!! couldn't wait to go to work

1 2 3 4 5

About The Hertz Corporation

Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate – Read more

The Hertz Corporation Photos